Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

***Official Lost 2/28 thread***

I just rewatched last week's episode. Not a heck of a lot of information to glean. The most interesting thing was that Juliet was branded with what looked like an upside Scientology cross, a mark of unworthiness ala the Apostle Peter being crucified upside down because he did not feel worthy of being crucified the same way Jesus was. So this marks Juliet as unworthy. Hmmmm.

I hope this week's episode is better. From what I am hearing, it is.

I guess we know what happened to roger

Holy fock. That beer has to be skunked.

Exactly

Funny episode. Sawyer is on fire with dishing out nicknames.

Snuffy. International House of Pancakes. Jumbotron. Skeletor.

So far, worst episode this season. Very boring. Very unentertaining. Cheech? C'mon already. Give me a break.

Dave's not here man...

Yeah right....the van works. OK, this show has officially jumped the shark. And that is saying something. And yes, the shark would have a DHARMA symbol on it. :dunno:

The episode didn't move the storylines forward much. Then again, there were lulls in the middle of Seasons One and Two as well. I thought it was entertaining, lighthearted if you will, after a bunch of dark episodes in a row.

The island was testing Hurley. Hell, Vincent was probably the smoke monster in disguise. Remember similar tests brought about by Jack's dad, Hurley's imaginary friend, Yemi, etc. That was the smoke monster each time. And the van started due to Hurley answering the island's test of faith.

I'll rewatch the episode in the next couple of days, to look for overlooked clues.

That was deffinently a funny ass episode :thumbsdown: Sawyer's dozen different nicknames for hurly actually got me LOL. For some reason, i cracked up when Hugo's store got hit by a meteor.

Yeah, i was overall pretty disappointed, until the end though. It didn't really advance the storyline or answer any questions, and NO ACTION, seriously, the first episode got me thinking there will be a ton of action, so far following that episode, not much. The end though was cool, really foretold that there will be a string of key episodes coming up. Remember, there are usually a couple slow episodes before a couple of action packed episodes.

Locke, Kate, Sayiid, and Diane(i think that is the frenchies name) is deffinently a strong group...with guns like crazy.

That was deffinently a funny ass episode :banana: Sawyer's dozen different nicknames for hurly actually got me LOL. For some reason, i cracked up when Hugo's store got hit by a meteor.

Yeah, i was overall pretty disappointed, until the end though. It didn't really advance the storyline or answer any questions, and NO ACTION, seriously, the first episode got me thinking there will be a ton of action, so far following that episode, not much. The end though was cool, really foretold that there will be a string of key episodes coming up. Remember, there are usually a couple slow episodes before a couple of action packed episodes.

Locke, Kate, Sayiid, and Diane(i think that is the frenchies name) is deffinently a strong group...with guns like crazy.

I was also :thumbsdown: when the meteor hit.

And this was definately a filler episode. Funny, but it didn't advance the story. Next week looks good, but I think I say that ever week.

So far, worst episode this season. Very boring. Very unentertaining. Cheech? C'mon already. Give me a break.

Dave's not here man...

Yeah right....the van works. OK, this show has officially jumped the shark. And that is saying something. And yes, the shark would have a DHARMA symbol on it. :pointstosky:

The shark would undoubtedly be flopping around in the mouth of a polar bear.

I started watching this show for two reasons: the wife was griping that I was spending my evenings secluded in my room, and to determine whether I was right about it being the stupidest show on television. Now that the second point has been sufficiently proven, she no longer wants me there to watch and comment. A big win all 'round for me!

Two seasons with no real advance in the plotline except finding that the others live and work on a different island. I smile when I think of the outcry when this thing mercifully ends, and the 'story' wraps up with something spectacularly insipid.

Lost is the ultimate proof that nobody has ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.

Lost is the ultimate proof that nobody has ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.

It's called fiction.

I bet you sat watching LOTR screaming "THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS HOBBITS!!!!!!!" :pointstosky:

It's called fiction.

I bet you sat watching LOTR screaming "THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS HOBBITS!!!!!!!" :pointstosky:

It's called bad fiction. A continuous, nonsensical stream of preposterous events, connected by nothing but the promise of some sort of resolution down the road.

Fiction requires a story and plot/character development. Two seasons of watching this program has revealed precious little of either. When an hour long drama needs hidden messages on websites, special recaps, and other extraneous devices to attempt to establish plot development, the show itself isn't doing a very good job.

Your willingness to make a leap like your last post, and to for some reason find that amusing, makes it no surprise that you'd consider Lost worthwhile fiction.

It's called bad fiction. A continuous, nonsensical stream of preposterous events, connected by nothing but the promise of some sort of resolution down the road.

Fiction requires a story and plot/character development. Two seasons of watching this program has revealed precious little of either. When an hour long drama needs hidden messages on websites, special recaps, and other extraneous devices to attempt to establish plot development, the show itself isn't doing a very good job.

Your willingness to make a leap like your last post, and to for some reason find that amusing, makes it no surprise that you'd consider Lost worthwhile fiction.

Then don't watch it. :doh:

Then don't watch it. :doh:

No problem. But hey, if you enjoy that caliber fiction, I think they rerun classic 'All My Children' on one of those chick channels.

the others live and work on a different island.

Someone hasn't been paying attention. :P

And this was definately a filler episode. Funny, but it didn't advance the story. Next week looks good, but I think I say that ever week.

They're all filler episodes this season, the storyline has started to regress each week and the dwindling fanbase yearns in futility for answers from future shows. The writers have dug themselves into a hole so deep; it would take 2 1/2 more years of Lost to logically offer uncontrived explanations. Perhaps that was their angle all along; get viewers hooked, then leave them high and dry. For every relevation like Hurley believes his fortune is cursed; we're exposed to a mid '70's VW microbus that still runs on 30 year old gasoline that hasn't leaked out or evaporated and warm beer just as old that doesn't make Sawyer puke.

Oh, how precious: Sawyer is human and misses Kate's camaraderie. He's jealous the camp is happy to see her and barely acknowledges him. His bud Jin and him knock back a few while he teaches Pvssy English 101. The boys pile into the van for a good old fashion road trip around the grassy plain. Charlie bonds with Hurley, makes a leap of faith and trusts The Island. Kate, Locke, Sayid and Rousseau go commando. Maybe six weeks from now; they'll actually encounter The Others. Meanwhile, we'll find out why Sayid sometimes wears his hair in a ponytail, what brand of wheelchair Locke prefers, what happened next with Jack and his Thai bimbo, Juliette will brood and flirt with him, Ben's eyes will bug out, Kate and Sawyer will spin their wheels, Sun will teach Jin more English, Desmond will creep out Charlie, Hurley will play Mary Sunshine...

They're all filler episodes this season, the storyline has started to regress each week and the dwindling fanbase yearns in futility for answers from future shows. The writers have dug themselves into a hole so deep; it would take 2 1/2 more years of Lost to logically offer uncontrived explanations. Perhaps that was their angle all along; get viewers hooked, then leave them high and dry.

The ratings, which hit all-time lows each week, will continue to plummet as more people realize that the repeated promises to advance the storyline are empty.

The greatest mystery of the island is why people didn't figure this out long ago.

If what you want is a surreal fantasy, go find 'The Prisoner' on DVD and see how it's done.

You people are insane. Attention Deficit Disorder run amok.

When you watch a movie, do you want to know all the answers half way through? Well, this series is going to run 5 years. Ratings slide or not, this show is huge overseas, in DVD sales, and DVR recording. This show will not be cancelled. ABC agreed to 5 years with the producers. So the writers are pacing the story. Let it develop.

Look, many believe that the XFiles was one the great series of all time. It lasted 9 years, progressed alien story line very slowly and confusingly, in between monster-of-the-week episodes. And still left the series a bit open ended. Yet, the show is looked upon fondly. Here we have an intelligent series, a serial series, and people are demanding all the answers. Patience. Don't watch, and when the series ends, pick up the DVDs. Or stop watching completely. Whatever.

I watched the X-Files several times and thought it was stupid. But at least that show didn't keep shoveling more questions into a viewer's memory than the series would have time to answer. Overseas viewers are still watching episodes from the October-December half season; they'll get as fed up with Lost as U.S. fans have in due time.

I thought it was a good episode myself. Few good things happened, I have been waiting for someone to bring up that Rousseau daughter is over with the others. I am sure the map Sawyer found is going to help them out finding the others camp. I thought it was an entertaining/funny episode, there is what 14 weeks left this year, of course they are not going to be fighting with the others at this point.

Two seasons with no real advance in the plotline

Seinfeld Lost- the show about nothing

I don't know why so many of you continue to pick this show apart. I watch TV for entertainment, and this show is entertaining. Sure the plot could be developed faster, but I kind of like not knowing all of the answers and just let the show envelope me. Of course the van would not work in real life, but this is far from it, so of course it started. I thought it was pretty damn entertaininq when the 8-track started playing! I also thought it was entertaining when they broke the dead guys head off.

I never know what to expect with this show, but I do know that I look forward to watching it every week. What, you would rather watch another Law and Order?

No no no..THAT would be American Idol.

I watched the X-Files several times and thought it was stupid.

Too bad. You missed out.

Overseas viewers are still watching episodes from the October-December half season; they'll get as fed up with Lost as U.S. fans have in due time.

No. Most countries are viewing it around the same time frame. Hell, Canada gets the show aired before the U.S.

The ratings have been exactly the same for three weeks now. And for a 10:00PM time slot, the ratings are huge.

I encourage more of you disgruntled people to abandon the show. It would mean less time spent arguing with you folks. But you can't. You now hate it, but you have to see what happens next. You'll still be watching.

I've watched a lot of TV in my lifetime. This is easily one of the best series evah. :rolleyes:

Too bad. You missed out.

No. Most countries are viewing it around the same time frame. Hell, Canada gets the show aired before the U.S.

The ratings have been exactly the same for three weeks now. And for a 10:00PM time slot, the ratings are huge.

I encourage more of you disgruntled people to abandon the show. It would mean less time spent arguing with you folks. But you can't. You now hate it, but you have to see what happens next. You'll still be watching.

I've watched a lot of TV in my lifetime. This is easily one of the best series evah. :rolleyes:

I like it alot...course some weeks are better than others. Arguing over TV shows and music is a huge waste of time. :dunno:

also, if you don't like LOST you are wrong

Too bad. You missed out.

I've watched a lot of TV in my lifetime. This is easily one of the best series evah. :lol:

Exactly...and I love all the people overthinking everything...thinking they have a better way to write it than the people putting the show on TV and all.

Exactly...and I love all the people overthinking everything...thinking they have a better way to write it than the people putting the show on TV and all.

Ah yes...because of the overall high level of television writing and programming.

Ah yes...because of the overall high level of television writing and programming.

We get it...you don't like the show....move on.