Sign in to follow this  
Justy2

Peyton Manning Madden Cover

After winning the Super Bowl I think that Peyton should be deserving of the honor of a Madden cover. He's worked hard I think that he deserves the recognition. :banana:

After winning the Super Bowl I think that Peyton should be deserving of the honor of a Madden cover. He's worked hard I think that he deserves the recognition. <_<

LT's a no brainer for that distinction.

No Peyton! No Peace!

No Peyton! No Peace!

<_<

Peyton will catch a break for another year, as LT2 has got to get the cover this year. He was just head and shoulders above everyone else, like Bo Jackson in the old Techmo football games.

wasn't LT on the cover of some other football game? i don't keep up w/ these things, so i'm not certain, but i thought i remember seeing him on the cover of one... and if so, i'd have to imagine part of his endorsement contract prohibited him from doing others...

i thought manning had contractual issues (maybe signed with another company) and cannot be featured on madden.

i thought manning had contractual issues (maybe signed with another company) and cannot be featured on madden.

Well then maybe Mama Manning can give her growing boys some Chunky's Campbell Soup.

"When my growing boys aren't competing with each other on the field or in the latest release of Madden NFL 08"

*Holds up game case of Madden 08 showing Peyton and Eli on the cover*

"They're eating healthy and delicious Chunky's Campbell Soup. Its everything my boys need to grow up big and strong."

*Peyton starts banging on the table to Eli*

"Chug that soup!! Chug that soup!!"

-----

Ah! What cross-promotional glory!!

:banana:

I can see Peyton doing one of his scrambles for 20+ yards and getting injured at the end of the play after running at a 4.3 forty speed. :banana: Don't jinx the master scrambler

Manning + Madden 2008 Cover = Enter Sorgi

Don't want to hear manning deserving madden honors...my Thomas Brady should have been there already!

Manning + Madden 2008 Cover = Enter Sorgi

Don't want to hear manning deserving madden honors...my Thomas Brady should have been there already!

Whaaa? Jinx? Curse? :mad:

There's no such thing. Besides Brady is too busy re-populating Boston at the moment.

Giants, Colts, countrymen, lend me your ears;

I come to honor Manning, not to bury him.

:ninja:

It probably depends on what they're adding to the game this year. Last year, it was the lead blocking thing (part of the running game), so they had Alexander. The year before that, it was QB vision, with McNabb. And the year before that, it was the hit stick, so they had Ray Lewis.

If they go that route again, the pass defense has been due for an upgrade for years. I'd say a big time DB (Champ? Ed Reed? Polamalu?).

Guest JahRasta311

LT isn't going to be on the cover. You actually have to agree to be on the cover, they can't just throw your picture on there. He's already turned it down before anyways, this isn't his first successful season.

My hunch is that Chad Johnson will grace this year's cover.

I doubt that. He's already on the cover of NFL Street 3. :unsure:

I think they should put an owner on the cover and see what happens with the curse :banana:

Say...Jerry Jones?

I think they should put an owner on the cover and see what happens with the curse :dunno:

Say...Jerry Jones?

How about Al Davis? :headbanger:

How about Al Davis? :pointstosky:

I think they should jinx the jinx and put matt millen on the cover. What could he do worse? pick first? thats better than picking second...

millen millen millen

no millen! no peace!

know millen! know peace!

- that other dude inspired me

Whaaa? Jinx? Curse? :clap:

There's no such thing. Besides Brady is too busy re-populating Boston at the moment.

Giants, Colts, countrymen, lend me your ears;

I come to honor Manning, not to bury him.

:pointstosky:

Why would Brady bother with those Boston skanks that sound like idiots ("Yankees sack cacks")? He gets the cream of the crop from Hollywood and Brazil.

:clap:

I doubt that. He's already on the cover of NFL Street 3. :ninja:

Good point

Don't they usually put a guy who at least had a good season?

He led the NFL in receiving yards. I'd say that qualifies as a good season?

Here's a thought. Maybe the cover of Madden simply reverses the fortunes of said personality. Maybe if Matt Millen were put on the cover then maybe the Lions go 14-2 and take the SuperBowl. <_<

Here's a thought. Maybe the cover of Madden simply reverses the fortunes of said personality. Maybe if Matt Millen were put on the cover then maybe the Lions go 14-2 and take the SuperBowl. :cry:

<_<

ESPN had a Madden special last yr, where they threw a party and invited players and media to try out the game. During the game, an interviewer asked if anyone had ever turned down the cover, due to the jinx, and developer said (paraphrasing)

"The only person to ever turn down a Madden cover was Peyton Manning. And it was over contractual desires. Like Peyton Manning really needs anymore money?"

Then they went on to laugh at how players complain about their rating and how Tony G had called EA to complain and ask that they make his speed rating higher.

cory

"The only person to ever turn down a Madden cover was Peyton Manning. And it was over contractual desires. Like Peyton Manning really needs anymore money?"

A man's gotta feed his family :blink:

If it's a curse, I'd like to see C. Henry and Packman Jones on the cover.

If it's a curse, I'd like to see C. Henry and Packman Jones on the cover.

rumor has them on the cover of GRand Theft Auto 4

I still like Bill Simmons (yes, he's a boston tool/homer, but props to the thought) idea of putting Bin Laden on the Madden cover...maybe in a football helmet. see if we get the bastage then.

Whoever is on the cover I will not draft at all...... you can claim no curse but look at the last what is it 8-10 years everybody ends up getting hurt missing time!!!!!!! Lets look back ...... Vick ------ missed games, Ray lewis ------ missed games, Eddie geaorge ------ missed games, Faulk------ missed games-------alexander------ missed games, mcnabb------ missed games......... i say the only person that i would think that could break the curse would be manning.......... but there will be a risk with anybody that is on the cover and if it is Bush that screws my whole draft up because i was going to do the Bush - mcallister combo this year!!!!!!!

I say go with a offensive lineman.....Jeff Saturday...he scored a td in the playoffs. Give the big uglys some love. :pointstosky: