Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Just found a terrific apartment

Central air, W/D, dishwasher, hardwood floors and a private roof deck, hooked up w/ outlets - I imagine grilling and watching a lot of Phillies there this summer. The place is huge for a city apartment and only $750/month in a good part of South Philly (bella vista, for Philly geeks). It would be about 2 miles to work - I could easily bike or walk home, if I were pressed for time it's a block from a 5 min. subway ride.

Just filled out an application - wish me luck, I'd really like this place. :bandana:

Itsatip that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

HTH

As you sit outside grilling, I hope a stray bullet finds your head.

• Haha 2

Itsatip that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

HTH

It's in South Philly. That is why the space is big and the price is low. MDC referencing it as a "city apartment" is misleading.

You better make sure they meet you first. I don't know many landlords that want a terrorist living in their building. :bandana:

It's in South Philly. That is why the space is big and the price is low. MDC referencing it as a "city apartment" is misleading.

It's in Bella Vista about 1.5 miles from City Hall. I can see my office from the roof deck. :cheers:

Congrats on your house. :bandana:

It's in Bella Vista about 1.5 miles from City Hall. I can see my office from the roof deck. :bandana:

You must be on the south side of Bella Vista to be that far from City Hall. Doesn't that neighborhood technically start around South Street?

Also, how far are you from the Italian Market?

There are some nice pockets around there, but don't walk down the wrong street.

You must be on the south side of Bella Vista to be that far from City Hall. Doesn't that neighborhood technically start around South Street?

Also, how far are you from the Italian Market?

There are some nice pockets around there, but don't walk down the wrong street.

Bella Vista runs from South to Washington on the East side of Broad. I work in the downtown on Market Street West. Just did a search and it's about 1.6M door-to-door, very close to the Italian market. I suspect the neighborhood has changed a lot since you've last seen it; Bella Vista is consistently safe, unless you're stretching the definition of BV to include Passayunk Square or areas West of Broad (it is spotty there).

You better check how good the schools are, so you know before your gf moves in..

:ninja:

Not too mention when she shows up preggo wanting you to play daddy.

I suspect the neighborhood has changed a lot since you've last seen it; Bella Vista is consistently safe

Dude -- it's not like I was last there in the 1960's. I had dinner at Ralphs last time I was in Philly.

Dude -- it's not like I was last there in the 1960's. I had dinner at Ralphs last time I was in Philly.

Is it possible you just don't know Philadelphia as well as you think. :lol:

At any rate, huge apartment, good neighborhood and affordable. Hopefully I'll be signing a lease soon. :ninja:

huge apartment

So you're saying you're Gettnhuge?

Seriously, how huge is huge, footage wise?

Is it possible you just don't know Philadelphia as well as you think. :P

At any rate, huge apartment, good neighborhood and affordable. Hopefully I'll be signing a lease soon. :lol:

I'll look forward to the "My GF got mugged last night leaving my apartment" thread in June. :ninja:

I'll look forward to the "My GF got mugged last night leaving my apartment" thread in June. :D

That won't happen, just open the air valve and she'll zoom away.

• Haha 1

I'll look forward to the "My GF got mugged last night leaving my apartment" thread in June. :D

When did you say you lived in Philadelphia? You don't seem to know it well.

Parrot, on site I'd guess about 1,000-SF (plus the deck) - very big for a 1BR in the city.

Sweet!

MDC's new place

Well, I tried to be polite but ...

... maybe you should actually know what neighborhood you are talking about before dissing it? You had to ask me if Bella Vista was south of South Street. Then you said it must be on the "south end" to be 1.5 miles from the downtown. Most folks who are familiar with Philly know BV runs east / west and it's about a mile from Market St. West to South, which would be the absolute two closest points from the downtown to anywhere in Bella Vista. Then you suggest BV is the ghetto, even though I can't think of many (any?) bad pockets there. You also said it's not really in the city - WTF? Finally, you name-drop Ralph's, which is in the most touristy and un-Philadelphia neighborhood in the entire city.

Really, I now just have the image of a jerkoff lawyer who comes to Philly once a year and thinks he knows the city. I could be wrong, that's just my impression based on your clueless commentary above.

:D

$750 for a one bedroom? do you have to blow the landlord?

He doesn't have to, but he does anyway. :D

• Like 1

MDC has always lived in the ghetto. I remember a thread about his old GF too scared to walk home after nights of drinking and focking negroes, so she would call him on her way home to talk in case anything happened, and he would hang up on her and go back to sleep. Good times.

• Haha 1

MDC has always lived in the ghetto. I remember a thread about his old GF too scared to walk home after nights of drinking and focking negroes, so she would call him on her way home to talk in case anything happened, and he would hang up on her and go back to sleep. Good times.

We lived at 16th and Locust. :dunno:

Next time fricker comes to the big city to see the Liberty Bell or get a cheesesteak at Pat's, ask him to investigate "Rittenhouse Square" (you can find it on Google maps, frick) and report back on how dangerous that neighborhood was.

Next time fricker comes to the big city to see the Liberty Bell or get a cheesesteak at Pat's, ask him to investigate "Rittenhouse Square" (you can find it on Google maps, frick) and report back on how dangerous that neighborhood was.

it was your GF that was scared :dunno:

I've never been to Phillidelphia, but I've always pictured it being dirty and crime ridden.

At least, that's how it always seems in the movies. :dunno:

it was your GF that was scared :dunno:

My GF was for some reason petrified of the city, which struck me as really weird since we lived in one of the whitest, most gentrified and safest neighborhoods in Philly, and she was from New Orleans (and that city scared the fock out of me).

What can you do? :dunno:

I'd imagine that the record murder pace for this year, including 100+ murders by March 31st this year... would be a good reason. :dunno:

dishwasher

You focking rich snob.

• Haha 1

i'll back that up - that's a nice neighborhood. an ex of mine that went to thomas jefferson lived there. she never felt scared, but complained of panhandlers when she went up to market st.

I've never been to Phillidelphia, but I've always pictured it being dirty and crime ridden.

At least, that's how it always seems in the movies. :dunno:

My brother lived in a fraternity near Drexel in the early 90s. I spent a weekend there for his graduation, and in that short time:

- his motorcycle was stolen

- some punks attempted to hold us up at gunpoint. On Market Street. :dunno:

And that is the good part of the city. :first:

My brother lived in a fraternity near Drexel in the early 90s. I spent a weekend there for his graduation, and in that short time:

And that is the good part of the city. :dunno:

Drexel has that has never been in "the good part" of the city.

Well, I tried to be polite but ...

... maybe you should actually know what neighborhood you are talking about before dissing it? You had to ask me if Bella Vista was south of South Street. Then you said it must be on the "south end" to be 1.5 miles from the downtown. Most folks who are familiar with Philly know BV runs east / west and it's about a mile from Market St. West to South, which would be the absolute two closest points from the downtown to anywhere in Bella Vista. Then you suggest BV is the ghetto, even though I can't think of many (any?) bad pockets there. You also said it's not really in the city - WTF? Finally, you name-drop Ralph's, which is in the most touristy and un-Philadelphia neighborhood in the entire city.

Really, I now just have the image of a jerkoff lawyer who comes to Philly once a year and thinks he knows the city. I could be wrong, that's just my impression based on your clueless commentary above.

:dunno:

Nice try, but you know I'm right, otherwise you would not be so defensive. The reason you are getting a bargain is because you are moving to a borderline area.

Also, are you denying that Ralph's is in BV? I cannot control where my clients choose to dine. They were from Kansas City.

And that is the good part of the city. :dunno:

Drexel is not near where they are talking about.

yeah, that's what i thought. it's out near Penn Hospital. University Hospitals in big cities are always in bad areas.

Nice try, but you know I'm right, otherwise you would not be so defensive. The reason you are getting a bargain is because you are moving to a borderline area.

Also, are you denying that Ralph's is in BV? I cannot control where my clients choose to dine. They were from Kansas City.

I actually thought you meant Ralph's in old city. Where I'm moving at least is not borderline, unless you're leery of all points outside Center City. If I sound defensive maybe it's because you immediately jump down my throat, apparently without knowing what neighborhood you're talking about and for no reason other than to join in with everybody else in this thread?

I recall you giving me work advice years ago. Somewhere along the way you became a huge focking jerkoff. :dunno:

I actually thought you meant Ralph's in old city. Where I'm moving at least is not borderline, unless you're leery of all points outside Center City. If I sound defensive maybe it's because you immediately jump down my throat, apparently without knowing what neighborhood you're talking about and for no reason other than to join in with everybody else in this thread?

I recall you giving me work advice years ago. Somewhere along the way you became a huge focking jerkoff. :first:

Do you mean "Rotten Ralph's" in Olde City? Ralph's is in BV. Rotten Ralph's is in Olde City. One is an Italian Restaurant. The other is a corner bar that serves cheap cold beer and sandwiches. Hmmm...perhaps my knowledge of Philly is better than you think...perhaps even better than yours. :dunno:

Also, please show me where I "immediately jump down [your] throat?" All I did was point out that your apartment was not so centrally located and may be in a borderline area. Folks who read your thread who are unfamiliar with Philadelphia would not have known that. I'm preserving the truth, damnit!

Oh, yes...and I forgot to add...I am right :dunno: MDC is wrong. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

Apparently. :dunno:

It was pretty close to stuff like the art museum and some other things that you would associate with "good" tho.