Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

**Official NBA Draft Thread**

hmm. pre-selected cards and not a lottery. No reason to suspect corruption there?

Poor Boston. :mad:

Oden and Durant in either Atlanta, Portland or Seattle. What a waste of talent. :clap:

I would like to take this oportunity to give a big fock off to the lord. :clap:

Portland or Seattle.

At least those teams have a large following nation wide :clap:

I would like to take this oportunity to give a big fock off to the lord. :clap:

:mad:

I might rekindle my interest in the NBA again. Go Sonics!!!

Great question: "What do you think EARNING the number one pick means for the franchise?"

Accurate answer: " It means we lost a lot of focking games."

hmm. pre-selected cards and not a lottery. No reason to suspect corruption there?

Notice at pick 11... it was Atlanta (via Indiana).

Then the sidebar says Phoenix (via Atlanta), good job on tipping off that they knew Atlanta was in the top 3. :clap:

I actually like the Sonics so Durant in Seattle is pretty cool. The focking Trailblazers though? :clap:

Jerry West looked like someone shot his dog.

Everyone knows that Chowda Nation sold their souls to the devil with the Tuck rule. They then re-financed down 3-0 to the Yanks. The bank is now closed. :clap:

Everyone knows that Chowda Nation sold their souls to the devil with the Tuck rule. They then re-financed down 3-0 to the Yanks. The bank is now closed. :mad:

:clap:

Pooooooooooooooooooooor Grizzlies

Everyone knows that Chowda Nation sold their souls to the devil with the Tuck rule. They then re-financed down 3-0 to the Yanks. The bank is now closed. :wub:

Totally agree. They have been WAY too lucky as of late. They didn't deserve pick one or two.

The new Bill Simmons article sums it up perfectly how delusional Boston fans are

"Name me a team that suffered more trauma since the mid-'80s: Lenny Bias and Reggie Lewis, the demolition of the Boston Garden, the M.L. Carr era, the Duncan lottery, the Pitino era, the Paul Pierce stabbing, the Vin Baker trade, Red Auerbach's death, Doc Rivers' second life. ... After 16 titles in 30 years, it's been a preposterously brutal stretch of bad luck."

Yeah what terrible luck the Celtics have had. They've only won 16 championships, had one of the top 10 basketball players ever in Bird. Guess what every franchise goes through this. Ask Washington how that Kawmie Brown pick worked out for them. or any franchise if they've ever had a bad coach. That's why I'm glad Boston didn't get the pick

Totally agree. They have been WAY too lucky as of late. They didn't deserve pick one or two.

The new Bill Simmons article sums it up perfectly how delusional Boston fans are

"Name me a team that suffered more trauma since the mid-'80s: Lenny Bias and Reggie Lewis, the demolition of the Boston Garden, the M.L. Carr era, the Duncan lottery, the Pitino era, the Paul Pierce stabbing, the Vin Baker trade, Red Auerbach's death, Doc Rivers' second life. ... After 16 titles in 30 years, it's been a preposterously brutal stretch of bad luck."

Yeah what terrible luck the Celtics have had. They've only won 16 championships, had one of the top 10 basketball players ever in Bird. Guess what every franchise goes through this. Ask Washington how that Kawmie Brown pick worked out for them. or any franchise if they've ever had a bad coach. That's why I'm glad Boston didn't get the pick

Wow, you are really obsessed. You need to find a hobby.

"There's going to come a day when the Celtics are going to need help from the league and I promise you we won't get it."

- Red Auerbach

"There's going to come a day when the Celtics are going to need help from the league and I promise you we won't get it."

- Red Auerbach

Everyone knows that if David Stern had it his way that Greg Oden would be in a Celtic Uniform. He wants NY, Philly, Boston, and LA to be great every year. It is good for the NBA for these big markets to excel and have star players.

To think anything different is ridiculous. You all sound like a bunch of whiners. :banana:

Everyone knows that if David Stern had it his way that Greg Oden would be in a Celtic Uniform. He wants NY, Philly, Boston, and LA to be great every year. It is good for the NBA for these big markets to excel and have star players.

To think anything different is ridiculous. You all sound like a bunch of whiners. :banana:

Or maybe he's a control freak who doesn't like to see teams openly tank, which would make it no coincidence that the Grizzlies, Celtics, and Bucks got 4, 5, and 6 respectively.

Or maybe he's a control freak who doesn't like to see teams openly tank, which would make it no coincidence that the Grizzlies, Celtics, and Bucks got 4, 5, and 6 respectively.

By that argument, why didn't Philly get #1?

By that argument, why didn't Philly get #1?

Because they had only a .007 chance of getting that pick, and it would've been too obvious.

Anyway what's done is done. Celtics' only shot of making something out of nothing and that opportunity has passed them by. Life goes on.

I heard Portland is going to pass on Oden and Durant and take Michael Jordan cause they don't wanna make the same mistake twice.

Here is KSB's first official Mock Draft: :banana: :D

1. Portland - Greg Oden

2. Seattle - Kevin Durant

3. Atlanta - Mike Conley :lol:

4. Memphis - Al Horford

5. Boston - Brandan Wright

6. Milwakee - Corey Brewer

7. Minnesota - Yi Jianlian

8. Charlotte - Roy Hibbert

9. Chicago - Joakim Noah

10. Sacramento - Julian Wright

11. Atlanta - Spencer Hawes

12. Philly - Jeff Green

13. New Orleans - Al Thornton

14. Clippers - Acie Law

The Blazers have Randolph, Pryzbilla, and Aldridge. Why would they need Oden? I think Durant makes more sense for them.

The Blazers have Randolph, Pryzbilla, and Aldridge. Why would they need Oden? I think Durant makes more sense for them.

Because I don't see Randolph in the the Blazers future. I think they are willing to wait for Oden to produce and at the same time see what they can get for Randolph from teams that need big men ala Dallas. I don't know if they are sure how good Aldridge will be. They probably don't want another athletic, yet lanky Texas forward. Plus, they'll probably have the Sam Bowie fear and not want to pass up on what many are saying to be the next great center in the league.

Here is KSB's first official Mock Draft: :banana: :banana:

1. Portland - Greg Oden

3. Atlanta - Mike Conley :banana:

4. Memphis - Al Horford

9. Chicago - Joakim Noah

12. Philly - Jeff Green

14. Clippers - Acie Law

I like Conley more than Oden and I hope he's not stuck in Atlanta. He's going to be a great PG, but he'll be lumped in the suckassness that is the Hawks. I think Al Thornton is going to be a very good player in the league. I think he has a chip on his shoulder thinking people don't believe in his skills.

Wow, you are really obsessed. You need to find a hobby.

Watching the NBA is a hobby :banana: :banana: Don't be mad at me because your team is going to suck for another ten years

Here is KSB's first official Mock Draft: :rolleyes: :dunno:

1. Portland - Greg Oden

3. Atlanta - Mike Conley :(

4. Memphis - Al Horford

9. Chicago - Joakim Noah

12. Philly - Jeff Green

14. Clippers - Acie Law

Since the Pacers lost their pick to Atlanta because it was not in the protected top 3, I anticipate them making a major move by trading Jermaine O'Neill and grabbing one of Atlanta's picks. I could see Conley going home to Indy and the Pacers becoming the running team that Bird envisions.

Here is KSB's first official Mock Draft: :first: :banana:

1. Portland - Greg Oden

3. Atlanta - Mike Conley :o

4. Memphis - Al Horford

9. Chicago - Joakim Noah

12. Philly - Jeff Green

14. Clippers - Acie Law

Man, just yesterday the "Big Boards" had Conley ranked between 8-12 but today EVERY mock has him going top 6. I agree. just bummed because i started to think the 76ers would actually have a shot at him. i'll take Jeff Green though, he's real solid and plays D. very good passer too.

here's Andy Katz's Mock

1. Portland: Greg Oden, Ohio State

2. Seattle: Kevin Durant, Texas

3. Atlanta: Brandan Wright, North Carolina

4. Memphis: Al Horford, Florida

5. Boston: Yi Jianlian, Guandong Tigers

6. Milwaukee: Mike Conley, Ohio State

7. Minnesota: Corey Brewer, Florida

8. Charlotte: Joakim Noah, Florida

9. Chicago: Spencer Hawes, Washington

10 Sacramento: Jeff Green, Georgetown

11. Atlanta: Acie Law, Texas A&M

12. Philadelphia: Julian Wright, Kansas

13. New Orleans: Al Thornton, Florida State

14. L.A. Clippers: Jason Smith, Colorado State

Here is KSB's first official Mock Draft: :banana: :(

1. Portland - Greg Oden

3. Atlanta - Mike Conley :o

4. Memphis - Al Horford

9. Chicago - Joakim Noah

12. Philly - Jeff Green

14. Clippers - Acie Law

Drafting Conley over a half dozen or so other players would be a blunder of Atlantan proportion. Did people see some games he played other than the thirty or so that I saw last season? The guy's just another player in the NBA. Nothing special; lifer because of his athleticism and draft position. Here's a kid with just passable size, who struggled to hit 30% from 19'9" and averaged 6 assists per game on a Top 5 team with a 7' dunking machine under the hoop.

I understand that, after the top 2, you're just looking for solid contributors. But this draft has decent depth and size, and Conley should be lucky to crack the top 10.

Drafting Conley over a half dozen or so other players would be a blunder of Atlantan proportion. Did people see some games he played other than the thirty or so that I saw last season? The guy's just another player in the NBA. Nothing special; lifer because of his athleticism and draft position. Here's a kid with just passable size, who struggled to hit 30% from 19'9" and averaged 6 assists per game on a Top 5 team with a 7' dunking machine under the hoop.

I understand that, after the top 2, you're just looking for solid contributors. But this draft has decent depth and size, and Conley should be lucky to crack the top 10.

Oh don't get me wrong, if I was a GM of the Hawks there is no way I would draft Conely at the the 3 spot. I totally agree with you on that.

However this is Billy Knight we are talking about. The guy that passed on Deron Williams and Chris Paul two years ago and has heard about it ever since. They are loaded at the 2-3-4 spots (Joe Johnson/Josh Smith/Josh Childress/Marvin Williams/Shelden Williams) and have zilch at the 1 and 5. Considering that, and the backlash from not getting a PG in the last two drafts I can see Billy and the Hawks reaching for Conley. IMO.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2879914

Roy Hibbert decides to go back to Georgetown for his Senior year!

I guess he didn't like how the ping pong balls bounced.

Smart move that could make him the #1 next year.

Oh don't get me wrong, if I was a GM of the Hawks there is no way I would draft Conely at the the 3 spot. I totally agree with you on that.

However this is Billy Knight we are talking about. The guy that passed on Deron Williams and Chris Paul two years ago and has heard about it ever since. They are loaded at the 2-3-4 spots (Joe Johnson/Josh Smith/Josh Childress/Marvin Williams/Shelden Williams) and have zilch at the 1 and 5. Considering that, and the backlash from not getting a PG in the last two drafts I can see Billy and the Hawks reaching for Conley. IMO.

Shelden Williams is a journeyman pro. Marvin yet to be determined. Neither looks to be a guy to build your future around. Of course, this is Atlanta we're talking about...

Here is KSB's first official Mock Draft: :dunno: ;)

1. Portland - Greg Oden

3. Atlanta - Mike Conley :unsure:

4. Memphis - Al Horford

9. Chicago - Joakim Noah

12. Philly - Jeff Green

14. Clippers - Acie Law

I'd rather the Clippers draft Nick Young.

Here is KSB's first official Mock Draft: :dunno: ;)

1. Portland - Greg Oden

3. Atlanta - Mike Conley :unsure:

4. Memphis - Al Horford

9. Chicago - Joakim Noah

12. Philly - Jeff Green

14. Clippers - Acie Law

I think it's more likely that the Grizzlies take Brandan Wright or Yi Jianlian.

Gasol's unhappy there; and it seems likely that the Grizzlies will lose him this offseason -- so the Grizzlies will be looking for a franchise-type player (unfortunately, they lost out on Oden & Durant). Horford's a good player, but I don't think he has the potential to be a franchise-calibur player like Wright or Yi. Plus, Wright's a TN product, which might help sell some tickets.

How are you going to guard Allen, Lewis, and Durant?? If the other team turns the ball over once, the game is over. :dunno:

Lewis will get re-signed by the Sonics even if Durant gets picked. He said he is excited at the possibility of playing with Durant.