Sign in to follow this  
Big C

Surgeries, who has had them?

I have had a few, When i was 12 I had nose surgery to repair a deviated septum, a few years later I had a cyst removed from my left wrist (looked like I was wearing a tennis ball under my skin), 18 years old surgery on my right rotator cuff, 22 yrs old another surgery same rotator cuff, 24 yrs old surgery once again on my nose to repair septum again. 26 impacted wisdom teeth removed (surgery? :pointstosky: ) it was done by an oral surgeon and i was put under anesthesia for the procedure. then last spring when i was 29 I had my tonsils out, adnoids out Uvula removed and weirdest of all a tongue base reduction all at the same time (horrible sleep apnea trying to free up some airway) So what says you guys, how many and what types of surgeries??

never had any surgeries in my life, unless you count a doctor cutting open my pointer finger on my left hand to remove a bb. but he just gave it a shot to numb it, sliced it open, took said bb out of my finger, and then like 1 or 2 stitches. I don't think that counts as surgery. :pointstosky:

6 years old Tonsils and adenoids removed

11 and 12 3 surgeries on my left femur. 1 to put in a plate, one to remove the plate and one to rebrake it (broke it myself 3 times)

14, 17 and 20 had surgery on a deviated septum (it took the focks 3 times to get it right)

18 surgery on a compound fracture of my left index finger

I had a really weak right eye when I was young. I had surgery on it when I was 5 and now...it still really sucks, but not as much. :pointstosky:

peenus reduction, 2003

which leads me into a great joke I heard years ago...

"A man goes in for a sex change, after healing up, he can finally go back to work.

when he arrives, his friends said "wow, so you really went through with it huh? was any of it painful?"

the chick replied "yeah, one part was REALLY painful"

they asked "was it when they had to cut off your peemus?"

"nope, that wasn't it" she replied

"was it when they had to give you fake boobs?"

"nope, that wasn't it either"

"well, what was it then?"

she replied "it was when they had to suck out 2/3 of my brain"

:pointstosky:

Appendectomy at 12 years of age (1970, so it was done with a hacksaw, opium and leeches)

Knee reconstructions at 16, 19 (same knee) and 23.

Reattach torn bicep at 27

Ten or so arthroscopic knee/shoulder/elbow procedures

Awaiting double lung transplant. THAT will be one mutherf-ing, contest winning scar.

If I'd have known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken much better care of myself.

Tonsils out at age 4.

Appendix out at age 11.

Titanium rods installed on my spine and a rib removed at 29.

I don't remember the exact ages but here's mine:

-Toncils out when I was younger

-Orthoscopic surgery on my knee

-Bursa (sp?) removed on same knee

-Wisdom teeth removed (surgery? :dunno: )

- I don't think child birth is considered a surgery, but I did have to be rushed into surgery after I had him as I had complications.

I think that's it. :dunno:

Triple cervical fusion (neck)

Rotator cuff on both shoulders

Ulnar nerve replacement on left elbow (Tommy John surgery)

Nose Job (smashed it to pieces as a kid)

Surgeries suck!

This is really weird because I just had surgery 2 weeks ago to replace a disc in my neck. I had a bulging disc and it was pressing on a nerve that caused pain all up and down my left arm and shoulder. Dock went in and scrapped out the bad disc and replaced it with a bone shaved down to fit where the old disc was. No real pain now but I can't turn my neck at all and have to wear a neck brace. My wife now calls me "Broke Neck Mountain".

18 years old surgery on my right rotator cuff, 22 yrs old another surgery same rotator cuff,

It sounds like you went with staples the first time...

I tore ligments off the rotator cuff and had surgery to repair that. My surgeon suggestion a suture method over staples because they can tear out (ouch). That was 20 years ago and it hasn't given me a problem since, and it is my throwing arm.

Me 0

my son had a coortation(sp?)(pinching) of his aorta repaired at 5 months he has a wicked scar on his back now (they went in through his ribs) :mad:

It sounds like you went with staples the first time...

I tore ligments off the rotator cuff and had surgery to repair that. My surgeon suggestion a suture method over staples because they can tear out (ouch). That was 20 years ago and it hasn't given me a problem since, and it is my throwing arm.

Exactly :mad:

Since the peemus reduction card was already played...

As a kid: cyst removed from my ear, 4 teeth removed for braces (I wouldn't count that but others seem to be). Never had the tonsils or appendix out.

As an adult: left knee meniscus removed (scope), got my boys snipped.

All things considered, for all of the sports I've played and still play, I've managed to largely avoid major injuries. :mad:

I had open heart surgury (hole in the heart) when I was 6. That was back in the late 60's so it was new and pretty serious. I was in the hospital four-six times over the course of a year for that. It seemed to fix the problem though.

As a kid I broke my arm a couple of times and had wisdom teeth removed. The day before I was scheduled to have my wisdom teeth out I broke my ankle playing football. The sux was they would not take the teeth out after setting the leg so I had to go back in for the teeth a couple of weeks later.

I have not been in a hospital for over 25 years. (keeping my fingers crossed.)

2005 - Busted my hand in a fight. Had to get surgery to fix the bone that goes from my wrist to my middle finger. Got a plate and pins and all that.

2007 - Circumcision

2007 - I'll probably end up getting surgery in a few weeks to fix my meniscus.

-Emergency appendectomy in College

-Inguinal Hernia

-Two knee surgeries on right knee. Bucket handle tear of the medial menisus, ACL,MCL, then, removal of most of my cartilage.

-Right shoulder joint disembarkment, and rotatator cuff. Screw inserted in shoulder to hold clavicle in place.

-Left shoulder joint disembarkment, and rotatator cuff. Screw inserted in shoulder to hold clavicle in place.

........that's all :mad:

I bring this all up because my sleep dr. wants to do another surgery on my throat, i told her no for now, i think i have already had to many surgeries for beng so young (30) but she is pressuring me to think about it, so what say you geeks? :ninja:

I bring this all up because my sleep dr. wants to do another surgery on my throat, i told her no for now, i think i have already had to many surgeries for beng so young (30) but she is pressuring me to think about it, so what say you geeks? :ninja:

:P

1) Lamenectomy on my back..

I had two ruptured disc with one of the disc hemmoraging fluid. Doc went in and cut channels to keep the disc from pressing against the nerve. The last month before surgery I could not get out of bed. It was horrible. After the surgery I did not even need a pain pill. The worst part was the bandages pulling my skin.

Awaiting double lung transplant. THAT will be one mutherf-ing, contest winning scar.

GL man.

I don't have any ghey cosmetic surgeries .... broke my nose the natural way .... getting punched .... and I didn't need no doctor .... I just couldn't fight for awhile.

Had one real surgery in 37 years. Boxer's fracture .... little metacarpal in my right hand, put a pin in there. Put my fist through a door when I was like 18.

Other stuff .... including 100 or so stitches to that same hand .... not really surgery. "Just sew me up doc." I'm a good healer.

Most painfull thing I ever felt ... getting the big gash in my right hand sewed up.

Knife wound. Artery cut. Lotta blood. Focking stitches hurt like HELL! Already ... kinda tender in that area too ... with the knife wound and all!

It's just pain though. It's temporary.

GL man.

Thanks, man. If you know any brain-dead, healthy lunged 6'8" guys, send them my way.

And they have to be legally, clinically brain dead. Not just Bengals or NBA players.

My older brother was born in 1963 ... with a hole in his heart. Had open heart surgery when he was like 2 ... they pretty much cut him in half. He's got a scar that starts on one side of his sternum, goes all the way around his back ... and ends on the other side of his sternum.

:banana:

My older brother was born in 1963 ... with a hole in his heart. Had open heart surgery when he was like 2 ... they pretty much cut him in half. He's got a scar that starts on one side of his sternum, goes all the way around his back ... and ends on the other side of his sternum.

:dunno:

I was born in '64 and my scar was similar. Of course now because I grew, the scar just goes most of the length of my chest. My friend was an OR nurse for a heart surgeon and said they could do that now and hardly leave a scar. I was just lucky they knew what they did back then.

I've performed many surgeries. No, I'm not a doctor. And I did them in my basement.

Both knees the same day to remove bone chips, age 16.

Thyroid removed, age 20.

almost forgot, had major surgery to remove a wife from my better side. Took 2 years to remove "it", the doctor said he'd never seen one that nasty. And the best part: no recurrence of the problem. :banana:

- C-section

- Gall Bladder removal

- Four wisdom teeth

AARP ?:thumbsup:

I'm starting to get mail from those fockers ;)

Tonsils out ~~ 18 yrs old

Right Big Toe amputated ~~ 31 yrs old

4th & 5th metatarsals from right foot removed on right foot ~~ 39 yrs old

Diabetes has taken most of the use from my right foot. It has ended my career in Law Enforcement. I have come to the conclusion that diabetes can sux my cawk.

Guest Davaco

peenus reduction in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2005.

females can now take my hog