Sign in to follow this  
Walter34

2007/08 Superbowl Champion?

Huh?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Pats
    • The Field

Is it over? It seems like a mortal lock. I dont see how Brady could fock this one up.

:thumbsup:

They definitely have to be considered the favorite at this point. But who knows, maybe an off day and they lose to a team they shouldn't, coupled with the overwhelming expectations, throws some doubt into.... oh who am I kidding, it's a mortal lock :thumbsup:

Is it over? It seems like a mortal lock. I dont see how Brady could fock this one up.

:dunno:

I must have missed the trade where they got Vinatieri back. :dunno: Brady showed last year he can't win anything by himself. He even mananged to lose to the Queen choke artist, Peyton Manning. Give me the field. :sleep:

A little surprised the field is getting this much respect. I mean cmon - add all this talent to Belichek and Brady - its a lock. Why should anyone else show up?

It would be quite shocking to me if Brady focks this one up. Paternity suits might distract him, but that might drop them to 15-1 or so.

point 1: eliminate every NFC team

Point 2: The Chargers with NORV TURNER as HC will go into New England in late January and win a game against a better team? :doublethumbsup:

Point 3: The Colts, will go into foxboro in January, facing a team that is more physical and faster and stop the Pats with their diminutive DB's?

This is the biggest no brainer in the history of the earth.

SB 42 Patriots 48 Seahawks 10

The Colts will be dangerous again. They will go into Foxboro and beat them up with the speed at the skilled positions.

1 Colts

2 Pats

3 Chargers

What wr will catch the ball over the middle?

Will Maroney break long runs with wrs who will not block downfield?

will moss' endurance be affected as BB will not allow him to take plays off ?

will teams take advantage of bruschi's lack of speed?

what if asante samuel holds out ?

will brady choke for the third year in a row on the teams final drive with an int?

Playoffs- yes,if they solve the above questions and avoid injuries

SuperBowl-who knows

will brady choke for the third year in a row on the teams final drive with an int?

SuperBowl-who knows

i agree about which WR will catch across the middle... and it's not like Stallworth is going to play 16 gms next year, so people shouldn't count on him and Randy constantly stretching the field.

Does Brady have the arm strength to just throw it 60+ yds deep so Randy has a chance to run under it? cause that's the only pattern Moss has ever ran in the NFL.

also, don't immediately write off the Mangenius from game-planning a way to at least split w/ his former mentor...

plus other non-division games against SD, PHI, PIT, INDY, BAL, & DAK there is no way NE only loses 1 or 2 games. i'd be willing to bet alot on it... in fact, their over/under is set at 11 w/ a money line of -145 on the over. Colts is 10.5 w/ -120 on the over...

Sure NE is favored to win the AFC and the SB, but i'm not handing them the title - just remember how much of a favorite STL was in the year NE won their first SB under BB...

all this looks like to me is a last-year sell-out by BB to try and win one final SB and secure his legacy before he tries to move on for more money... he knows he no longer has the same staff that helped him win 3 previous SBs, so now he has to get all of the player talent he can...

On paper, they could be considered the favorites. However, they don't play the game on paper.

There are 16 games to play. Injuries happen. Stuff happens. The ball bounces funny. I don't think that they should plan a parade just yet. :dunno:

I must have missed the trade where they got Vinatieri back. :wall: Brady showed last year he can't win anything by himself. He even mananged to lose to the Queen choke artist, Peyton Manning. Give me the field. ;)

:clap:

On paper, they could be considered the favorites. However, they don't play the game on paper.

There are 16 games to play. Injuries happen. Stuff happens. The ball bounces funny. I don't think that they should plan a parade just yet. :clap:

nicely spoken PFB1

I just might have to consider drafting brady this year :dunno:

I saw on cold pizza this morning that they had some oakland sports writer on. He shed alot of great light on the subject. Look at Moss's 2 years in oakland. he was pointing out that moss basically said verbatum the same exact thing when he was traded to oakland as he did yesterday when he was traded to new england, and look how much effort moss put into his play. he's lost a step (I have absolutly no reason to believe he ran a 4.29 40 a few days ago), he's had the injury bug the last 3 straight seasons, he'll have to run more precise routs than he's use to.... it all adds up to one big queston mark surrounding him.

I'm just not sold that he can turn on "The old Randy" like a light switch... and those patriots homers who think he can are just being foolhearty.

Are the pat's the favorites for the SB? I'd say they are tied with the Colts as favorites, cause one thing everyone is forgetting is that maybe, just maybe Manning will be even better this year and not even come close to choking cause he's gotten over that hump in his playing career... and if you can't rely on manning to choke in january, then you have to constantly have them as at least 50/50 favorites to win the championship.

Welker, Watson, Thomas

Yes

:thumbsdown:

They might try to and it might work. His best days are behind him, but you can't have every play go to him.

He won't, it will hurt his chances on a big contract next year.

Weak :thumbsdown:

SuperBowl-who knows

No team can control injuries.

How many times in the last several years, has the NFL team with the best overall regular season record, won the Super Bowl? :thumbsdown:

I must have missed the trade where they got Vinatieri back. :lol: Brady showed last year he can't win anything by himself. He even mananged to lose to the Queen choke artist, Peyton Manning. Give me the field. :thumbsdown:

Why'd you edit the part where you admit you're fishing? :dunno:

Pats all the way, you sons of bitches!

:thumbsdown:

Chargers will beat them if they (Pats) make the playoffs this year.

Randy Moss? Seriously? He did do wonders for Oakland...I guess.... :P

Why'd you edit the part where you admit you're fishing? :clap:

Pats all the way, you sons of bitches!

:P

I've decided that I really meant it. :)

Depends on whether The Field is Astroturf or Real Grass.

I'm really amazed that the Moss acquisition has changed the outlook on the Pats this much. And when I say that I'm comparing the board now to the board before he was traded, it's like mass hysteria now. Wide receivers are overrated.

This poll should be renamed "The Pats Circle-Jerk Litmus Test." :bench:

Definetly reminds me of the year the Lakers scammed Malone and Payton for chump-change so they could "Get Their Ring". Different sport. Same principal. Very likely the same outcome. :cheers:

Houston is part of the field....so "the field" :thumbsup:

This poll should be renamed "The Pats Circle-Jerk Litmus Test." :cry:

The thread wasn't posted by a Pats fan, the Pats are losing the poll by a more than 2 to 1 margin, and the majority of posts aren't from Pats fans. Other than that, great point. :thumbsup:

The thread wasn't posted by a Pats fan, the Pats are losing the poll by a more than 2 to 1 margin, and the majority of posts aren't from Pats fans. Other than that, great point. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Everyone is turning insane...Pats fans out of delirium of the team's offseason...and everyone else out of fear of both how awesome they will be and how insufferable the fans on this board will be as a result of it.

Pat fan here - My take on the Pats:

Over the past 6 years, the Pats have averaged about 11.6 wins a game. So I predict they will win either 11 or 12 games, make the playoffs and have about the same chance as the other qualifying teams of winning it all.

Am I excited about the additions? Absolutely. Am I booking tickets to AZ? Absolutely not.

These signings mean nada until the season starts, even then who knows if it translates into a better team then last year or previous Patriot teams.

well put.

let's put the Moss thing this way....

He didn't try hard in oakland cause his team stunk

-BUT-

What makes you think he'll try hard for the Patriots or "keep his concentration and focus" any more than he did in oakland when he knows that brady will spread the ball around and moss won't be his #1 target on all the passing plays?

It's only a matter of time till he doesn't go full speed and brady overthrows him or throws to a spot he should be, but Moss was dogging it cause he didn't figure he'd be the primary target, so he's not gonna try too hard on that particular play, and that will result in an INT, and fireworks will start shooting up.

This deal, while it looks great on paper, won't translate to any more wins than the pats had last year, and it certainly won't translate into a championship.

You get too many all-stars on your team, and eventaully they'll want to BE ALL-STARS.. meaning ME 1st, team 2nd (both offense and defense)

That's not how the pats won 3 superbowls, and that's what's gonna keep them from winning a 4th.

Come on. You have to admit any poll with the choices above... asked only days after the draft... is a homer test, regardless of who started the poll.

Might as well be asking "How Totally Super Awesome are the Pats going to be this year? Really Totally Super Awesome! Or just Kind of Totally Super Awesome".

...or maybe I just an old crank who hasn't had enough couph medicine this morning. Think that's possible? :banana: :banana: :banana:

well put.

let's put the Moss thing this way....

He didn't try hard in oakland cause his team stunk

-BUT-

What makes you think he'll try hard for the Patriots or "keep his concentration and focus" any more than he did in oakland when he knows that brady will spread the ball around and moss won't be his #1 target on all the passing plays?

It's only a matter of time till he doesn't go full speed and brady overthrows him or throws to a spot he should be, but Moss was dogging it cause he didn't figure he'd be the primary target, so he's not gonna try too hard on that particular play, and that will result in an INT, and fireworks will start shooting up.

This deal, while it looks great on paper, won't translate to any more wins than the pats had last year, and it certainly won't translate into a championship.

You get too many all-stars on your team, and eventaully they'll want to BE ALL-STARS.. meaning ME 1st, team 2nd (both offense and defense)

That's not how the pats won 3 superbowls, and that's what's gonna keep them from winning a 4th.

Moss wanted the ball all of the time because he wanted to win, and honestly, that was the Vikings' recipe for success. Lob it downfield to Moss and let him go get it. That's how they were able to twice make it to the brink of the Super Bowl despite being average on defense. Moss is happy as long as his team is winning and playing meaningful games. That shouldn't be a problem with the Patriots.

Plus do you really think Moss is going into this believing he is going to be running the show like he did with Minnesota? Do you not think Belichick has already made it clear to him that that won't be the case? Moss will be a factor, but he will be a factor knowing that he doesn't have to carry the burden of the offense.

And if somehow winning football games isn't enough to satisfy Moss, if stats are that important to him, he'll be cut long before he has a chance to drag the team down with him. It would only cost the Pats $3 mil and their 4th round pick. It seems that that last part has to be repeated over and over before the naysayers finally get it. I'd be much, MUCH more worried if Moss cost the Pats an earlier pick and/or put them on the hook for $10 million per.

Maybe Moss is on the downside of his career, as evidenced by his performance in Oakland over the past two seasons. But he is only 30 years old and ran the 40 very well recently last time I checked. I don't like nor defend Moss' behavior with Oakland...you get paid franchise money you better go out there and play like a franchise player regardless of the standings. But he gets a clean slate and cames with little to no risk. If he screws this opportunity up, he has no one to blame but himself, and the Pats would still be Super Bowl contenders with or without him. That's why as a fan I'm excited about this move.

I'm going out on a limb this year and will take the JAGS :thumbsup:

They will have the #1 ranked defense.

A great rushing attack

Their WR's will catch the ball this year

This team will be 12-4 or 11-5

So i'm taking the field

Come on. You have to admit any poll with the choices above... asked only days after the draft... is a homer test, regardless of who started the poll.

Might as well be asking "How Totally Super Awesome are the Pats going to be this year? Really Totally Super Awesome! Or just Kind of Totally Super Awesome".

...or maybe I just an old crank who hasn't had enough couph medicine this morning. Think that's possible? <_< :argue: :dunno:

No doubt, but besides bigtuna and birdbradybobby ALL the other Pats fans are taking the Moss trade for what it's worth, an improvement to the WR corp with low risk and high reward. No one else except these 2 homers is predicting the Pats to be any more than a SB contender and possibly the favorite on paper.

ETA: Seems like all the non-Pats fans are stirring this all up due to all the Media's overhyping the Pats already and not what the majority of Pats fans here on the bored are saying.

How can you be so definitive here? You have no clue how he'll act or how he'll play. I think the Main thing you are forgetting why this may work out, is that, the man is 30 and has a one year contract - he's a FA next year. He has one last big payday in him. Being spoiled is just gonna cost him money and he needs to be a boyscout if he's gonna see that payout. My thoughts and i'm certainly not guaranteeing anything is that he'll be "great teamate" Randy, he won't complain and have a solid year. He'll then overall value himself and want some guaranteed money, which the Patriots won't give him and he'll be gone, a one and done with the Pats.

This Patriots team is probably the best in NFL history so, barring a bunch of catastrophic injuries, they will win every game easily.

This Patriots team is probably the best in NFL history so, barring a bunch of catastrophic injuries, they will win every game easily.

Here I thought you were one of the rational Pats fan :dunno:

I really hope this is just sarcasm

Nice to see Moss get a ring :doh:

Yes. It's always nice to see a real professional and team player like Moss get rewarded. :dunno:

How can you be so definitive here? You have no clue how he'll act or how he'll play. I think the Main thing you are forgetting why this may work out, is that, the man is 30 and has a one year contract - he's a FA next year. He has one last big payday in him. Being spoiled is just gonna cost him money and he needs to be a boyscout if he's gonna see that payout. My thoughts and i'm certainly not guaranteeing anything is that he'll be "great teamate" Randy, he won't complain and have a solid year. He'll then overall value himself and want some guaranteed money, which the Patriots won't give him and he'll be gone, a one and done with the Pats.

This is a good point, I hadn't thought of the 1 year deal that way, I kept looking at as "well if he doesn't work out, it's just a year"

but he does have motivation here with a big contract looming - that can only help

one Tom Brady knee twist and its over.

They've added enough talent that I'm not sure they even need a QB of Brady's caliber to win it all. Though he'll get all the credit if/when they do win it all.

They've added enough talent that I'm not sure they even need a QB of Brady's caliber to win it all. Though he'll get all the credit if/when they do win it all.

Agree 100% That's how the Cardinals were able to get their SB ring with Matt Leinhart at QB.

:first:

Sorry. Forgot which alternate universe I was in for a second there.

:D