Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Basketball Geeks: Does San Antonio have any chance at all vs. King James?

Do they have a chance? Sure. They're pretty slim though.

Of course they have a chance. King James will make sure of that. In fact I think Cleveland is going to win in 6

Of course they have a chance. King James will make sure of that. In fact I think Cleveland is going to win in 6

You're just saying that not to jinx the Pistons!! :(

You're just saying that not to jinx the Pistons!! :dunno:

I'm telling you, Cleveland can win this series. It's a lot closer than people think

Gooden, Sideshow Bob, and Ilgauskas would have to play the games of their lives. Unfortunately, Z is already playing just about as well as he's capable during these playoffs, and it's not near good enough.

When they need to, Detroit will put Prince on the King. His length, foot speed and understanding of their defensive scheme will force the ball out of LeBron's hands. It's an awful lot to expect guys like Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall and Daniel Gibson to beat Detroit.

Pistons in 5

I'm telling you, Cleveland can win this series. It's a lot closer than people think

What I want to know is if you really mean it when you say Cleveland in 6 :cry:

What I want to know is if you really mean it when you say Cleveland in 6 :cry:

NO. Can it be done? Of course it can the whole any series is anyones to win is true. But the pistons are no joke. If you are thinking about betting get odds.

What I want to know is if you really mean it when you say Cleveland in 6 :D

yes I do :D

Gooden, Sideshow Bob, and Ilgauskas would have to play the games of their lives. Unfortunately, Z is already playing just about as well as he's capable during these playoffs, and it's not near good enough.

When they need to, Detroit will put Prince on the King. His length, foot speed and understanding of their defensive scheme will force the ball out of LeBron's hands. It's an awful lot to expect guys like Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall and Daniel Gibson to beat Detroit.

Pistons in 5

Looks like Z has more gas in his bald tank than you gave him credit for, but great prediction on Tay's effect on James.

Glad I watched the last two games after only seeing highlights of the first two. :lol:

King James & the refs will make sure of that.

:thumbsup:

Watching Flip Saunders and Mike Brown coach against one another is worse than reading a Saw vs. TNG slap fight.

:banana: sometimes I hate it when I'm right

:banana: sometimes I hate it when I'm right

You picked Clevland in 6, the series is tied up at 2-2. How are you right? :dunno:

You picked Clevland in 6, the series is tied up at 2-2. How are you right? :banana:

the cavs are going to win the next 2. :dunno:

You picked Clevland in 6, the series is tied up at 2-2. How are you right? :pointstosky:

Well lets see people said this would be a cake walk for the Pistons I said it's a lot closer then people think which it has been. I also said Cleveland in 6 which it could have been Cleveland in 4 if they make two shots. So I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility for the Cavs to win the next two.

Lets face it the Pistons have been out played in all four games.

that being said I think the Pistons match up better with the spurs then the Cavs. I think The Pistons can give the Spurs a good series where as the Cavs might win one game

Interesing series. Still wouldn't be shocked if Detroit won the next two; we've all seen the impact of the home floor and experience in the playoffs over the years. But I'm not so sure those will be the key factors here.

The Pistons have looked really old at times during this series. Cleveland has won the hustle stats (forced TO, fast break pts, rebounds) pretty much across the board, including the first two games that Detroit won. Even last night, when Detroit did outrebound the Cavs, team rebounds cut what looked like a substantial margin to just 3 total boards. Then look at how points in the paint, which I consider a hustle stat unless you've got a dominant low post factor (which neither team has), have been decidedly in Cleveland's favor.

Maybe it's still a bit of disinterest on the Piston's part, but that seems unlikely when the trend continues over 3 or 4 games as it has here. I'll be really curious to see if Detroit brings a new level of aggression to Game 5, or whether they continue what looks like a 'hell, we'll win at home because it's home' approach.

Have to give some props to Larry Hughes. I've never been a big fan, feeling like his defensive reputation was inflated by playing in a system in Washington where the guards gambled too much. But his affect on Billups is pretty obvious at this point. I still don't think you win a title with him as your second scoring option, but the guy has stepped up and done what his team needed. Too bad injury, his seemingly constant companion, looks like it's going to impact how he performs the rest of the way.

overtime game 5.

it matters not--outside of bragging rights in cleveland or detroit. there is absolutely no stopping san antonio. looks like another title for them this year. rather easily.

that's just reality.

overtime game 5.

it matters not--outside of bragging rights in cleveland or detroit. there is absolutely no stopping san antonio. looks like another title for them this year. rather easily.

that's just reality.

Yeah, but I'd like to see James make some progress by getting to the finals at least. :thumbsup:

Terrible :thumbsup:

Let me know the next time Rip comes off a screen or Tayshaun does ANYTHING other than let James blow right by him

:lol:

Yeah, but I'd like to see James make some progress by getting to the finals at least. :dunno:

he's still a bazillion miles away from winning a title. don't let this fool you. san antonio is a t-e-a-m. as much as the media and bill walton want to swallow lebron's man juice, it won't help in the end.

besides, this series is over already if lebron doesn't have his head up his azz in games 1 and 2. the pistons have been ripe for the taking every game in this series and the cavs have blundered and blown it.

again, not that it'll matter in the long run...but those were some clutch free throws by billups to send it to the 2nd ot.

nice airball by james when he could have put the dagger in for good.

Is it too late to bring Larry Brown back?

Can you image the hype this series would get if Dumars had taken Melo like everyone wanted?

Melo vs Bron? :dunno:

Terrible :unsure:

Let me know the next time Rip comes off a screen or Tayshaun does ANYTHING other than let James blow right by him

:unsure:

Well he came off a screen but instead of stopping at his spot he ran behind the 3 point line.

this is the problem with cleveland--and bb in general: lebron has scored the cavs last 25 points. lol...it's like one of those junior high games with a ball hog.

and that's the type of stuff that's applauded in the nba (which is why it's my lowest-fav major sport). and that's why usa teams get crushed in world competition. but, hey, it sells shoes and soda pop.

barf.

san antonio in 4 straight over cleveland. no contest.

Could very well be!@#@! Next game is in Cle!@#@! Win or go home pissons!

Could very well be!@#@! Next game is in Cle!@#@! Win or go home pissons!

:unsure:

When they need to, Detroit will put Prince on the King. His length, foot speed and understanding of their defensive scheme will force the ball out of LeBron's hands.

Or James will blow right by him time and time and for an easy dunk :cheers:

The Pistons seem to miss Larry Brown more and more every time I watch them. They don't rotate well on defense and take way too long getting their half-court offense uncorked.

The Pistons fans we have here are disappointing. They abandon ship as soon as things go poorly and start talking trash against their own team. Come on, guys....show some class and stick by your team. They came back and beat Cleveland last year. They can do it again.