Sign in to follow this  
jmonfrey

WHOS YOU RB SLEEPER, DOESNT HAVE TO BE A DEEP ONE

Mine has to be Thomas Jones. I think hell be picked about 17-20 and can easily be top 8. What do you think?

I don't think there really is a such thing as a sleeper these days anymore...

But with that said, I think Thomas Jones will provide a pretty good value this year. I don't think he will finish in the top 10, like you say, but I think he has a very low risk factor, and will probably finish around the 15 slot.

The guy that I think will be great value is Cedric Benson. I have a sneaking suspicion that he will steadily climb draft boards until we reach draft time, but where he is ranked now (15-20) -- I think he would be tremendous value. I think he will be a top 10 running back this year, possibly even top 6 or 7. Chicago will pound the ball, play conservative, and there just isn't that much talent on that offense to steal very many touches away from him. I think he will have a dynamite year. But pretty soon, I'm sure everyone else will be saying the same thing.

Other than the obvious, I think MBIII will also be a great value. This is the year he breaks through. He was obviously the better running back last year. Anytime he touched the ball, he made something happen. He has a tremendous nose for the endzone, an awesome cutback ability, and hits the hole extremely hard. Julius just isn't close to as well rounded as Marion. The only thing Julius has on Marion, is his speed. But believe me--Marion isn't slow, at all. If and when Marion takes over the job, watch out--he won't be giving it back up. In that offense, over the course of a full year Marion could easily put up 2000 combined yards, with 15-20 TD's. We saw him put up 15+ TD's last year in a part time role, just imagine what he could do full time.

Morency.

Try Brandon Jackson. I would be very surprised if he does not get the bulk of the work from game 1. And, the O line really started to jell toward the end of last year.

Mine has to be Thomas Jones. I think hell be picked about 17-20 and can easily be top 8. What do you think?

I'm not quite sure a guy who ran for 1200 yds last year and 1300 the year before that can qualify as a sleeper. But that's just me.

MJ-D

Other than the obvious, I think MBIII will also be a great value. This is the year he breaks through. He was obviously the better running back last year. Anytime he touched the ball, he made something happen. He has a tremendous nose for the endzone, an awesome cutback ability, and hits the hole extremely hard. Julius just isn't close to as well rounded as Marion. The only thing Julius has on Marion, is his speed. But believe me--Marion isn't slow, at all. If and when Marion takes over the job, watch out--he won't be giving it back up. In that offense, over the course of a full year Marion could easily put up 2000 combined yards, with 15-20 TD's. We saw him put up 15+ TD's last year in a part time role, just imagine what he could do full time.

I was going to say Julius Jones.

I didn't care for him in his first two seasons, but his stats have improved every year. Even his receptions increased up to 35 in '05 and that was with only 12 starts.... not sure why they took him out of the passing game last year, but that could chance with the new coach. He'll certainly get more receptions than Barber. The main knock on Jones is Barber stealing some goal line carries, but I think Jone's draft position is so low a few less touchdowns won't seem like much by the end of the year.

:cheers:

Fred Taylor and Jerious Norwood :ninja:

Benson will be hurt this year

:ninja:

fixed, and I agree.

I was going to say Julius Jones.

I didn't care for him in his first two seasons, but his stats have improved every year. Even his receptions increased up to 35 last year and that was with only 12 starts. The main knock on him is Barber stealing some goal line carries, but I think Jone's draft position is so low a few less touchdowns won't seem like much by the end of the year.

This is a tough call, because you never know where each will be taken. I'm not even sure who of the two will go 1st. I mean, I know Barber should go first, but I think there are still many on the JJones bandwagon.

I actually still think JJones is the better all-around back and that a couple of fluke injuries and MB's presence have hurt his growth...if given the opportunity for a full time job I think he would produce at a high level. Part of why MB has had success has to do with his being a better fit for what has been a pretty poor O-Line. Jones is more effective in some of the slow developing plays...draws and misdirections...or making people miss in the open field with elusiveness...he can only do those things if the line holds and the play develops though. That hasn't been the case in Dallas the last year.

Tough call - I'll try to avoid the mess, but if JJones is sitting there in the 6th or 7th, I might have to take a chance as a RB3 or RB4. MB isn't the biggest dude and one injury there and JJones is the man again with huge upside.

Not exactly a sleeper in the traditonal sense, but I totally agree that JJones has potential to vastly outperform his draft price. :cheers:

I will go with an actual sleeper. Mike Bell should not be forgotten. Travis Henry is being touted as a top 6-10 RB, and I'm struggling to see this. I realize what Denver's scheme is, and I know that he's veteran and that they traded for him, but that's not a given for anything, especially in Denver. Travis Henry is limited in his upside, and I think he will receive a strong push from the young undrafted free agent who now has a year under his belt. Keep him deep, but I'll be watching.

I will go with an actual sleeper. Mike Bell should not be forgotten. Travis Henry is being touted as a top 6-10 RB, and I'm struggling to see this. I realize what Denver's scheme is, and I know that he's veteran and that they traded for him, but that's not a given for anything, especially in Denver. Travis Henry is limited in his upside, and I think he will receive a strong push from the young undrafted free agent who now has a year under his belt. Keep him deep, but I'll be watching.

I would suggest that the $12mil in guaranteed bonuses pretty much makes Henry the man in Denver.

I would suggest that the $12mil in guaranteed bonuses pretty much makes Henry the man in Denver.

We'll see.

Ahmad Bradshaw--NYG

Brandon Jacobs and Reuben Droughns ahead of him, but if an injury strikes either of thsoe two, Bradshaw could have some decent upside.

Kevin Jones

Currently going in 6th round ! If he is alright he could end up with top 10 RB numbers.

Tough call - I'll try to avoid the mess, but if JJones is sitting there in the 6th or 7th, I might have to take a chance as a RB3 or RB4. MB isn't the biggest dude and one injury there and JJones is the man again with huge upside.

Not exactly a sleeper in the traditonal sense, but I totally agree that JJones has potential to vastly outperform his draft price. :shocking:

CBS Sportsline currently ranks Julius Jones at #32 among RBs. I think that translates to around 7th or 8th round. Not bad for RB who's entering his 4th year and broke 1,000 rushing yards last season.

Seems like a pretty good price for a RB with a lot of upside.

Tony Hunt?

Westbook was healthy for last season (although I remember a stretch early on where all the news reports speculated that he had a major foot injury), but it seems unlikely he'll play another 16 game schedule. I don't think Moats has impressed the coaching staff. It's a pretty good offence, and Hunt can be had pretty cheap in a draft.

Tony Hunt?

Westbook was healthy for last season (although I remember a stretch early on where all the news reports speculated that he had a major foot injury), but it seems unlikely he'll play another 16 game schedule. I don't think Moats has impressed the coaching staff. It's a pretty good offence, and Hunt can be had pretty cheap in a draft.

What about Buckhalter?

What about Buckhalter?

I don't know why they would have drafted Hunt if they didn't plan on using him. Buck, even when healthy, hasn't exactly set the world on-fire. I could see Hunt being Westy's backup this year, with a good shot at starting a few games when Westrbook gets hurt.

This is supposed to be a thread about deep sleepers.

This is supposed to be a thread about deep sleepers.

It is?

WHOS YOU RB SLEEPER, DOESNT HAVE TO BE A DEEP ONE

I will go with an actual sleeper. Mike Bell should not be forgotten.

If you want 400 total combined yards, and 3 total combined TD's from your sleeper fantasy RB in 2007, then Bell is your man.

In other words, forget.

Try Brandon Jackson. I would be very surprised if he does not get the bulk of the work from game 1. And, the O line really started to jell toward the end of last year.

Like magellen? :dunno:

i could see morency everybody is forgetting about him and he did alright in spots last year when gvine a chance now a full off season to learn the offense and already was in it last season...... i know everbody is on b. jackson bandwaggon but lets be real he was drafted in the 2nd round for a reason may have an injury issue both shoulders have been repaired and lets not forget he didnt start a whole lot in college...... i would be surprised if he does more then just spot duty this season unless morency just fails which i dont think he will..... he was ok in houston but behind dominick davis at the time then traded to green bay and did ok in spot duty and i think he will be able to be had later rounds could be a solid #3 could slide into a # 2

i could see morency everybody is forgetting about him and he did alright in spots last year when gvine a chance now a full off season to learn the offense and already was in it last season...... i know everbody is on b. jackson bandwaggon but lets be real he was drafted in the 2nd round for a reason may have an injury issue both shoulders have been repaired and lets not forget he didnt start a whole lot in college...... i would be surprised if he does more then just spot duty this season unless morency just fails which i dont think he will..... he was ok in houston but behind dominick davis at the time then traded to green bay and did ok in spot duty and i think he will be able to be had later rounds could be a solid #3 could slide into a # 2

I could see Morency having value, but not necessarily because he's any good. The Packers' o-line was much improved by the end of the year and started getting the hang of the zone blocking system. If they continue with that improvement and they have some success with the passing game to keep defenses honest, whoever they line up back there could put up some decent stats...especially considering how cheaply he'll be had in the draft.

Ahmad Bradshaw--NYG

Brandon Jacobs and Reuben Droughns ahead of him, but if an injury strikes either of thsoe two, Bradshaw could have some decent upside.

and/or Tony Hunt.

I could see Morency having value, but not necessarily because he's any good. The Packers' o-line was much improved by the end of the year and started getting the hang of the zone blocking system. If they continue with that improvement and they have some success with the passing game to keep defenses honest, whoever they line up back there could put up some decent stats...especially considering how cheaply he'll be had in the draft.

i am not saying he is great or anything but i think he can be alright...... and in the right system he can be a good #3 or even possilble # 2 cause he can catch the ball pretty good as well..... all the scouting on jackson say he is not suited as a feature back...... so could be looking at anothr rbbc situation

Ahmad Bradshaw--NYG

I am hoping for this, as I grabbed him with my last pick in our rookie draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more carries than Droughns towards the end of the season. I see Droughns' strengths as a power north/south type back. He is just a slower and less agile Jacobs. It seems to make more sense to have a guy like Bradshaw to change it up a little. While he is not very fast (or swift if you prefer) he can change directions quickly. Not to mention, Coughlin is praising Bradshaw every chance he gets.

Lorenzo Booker?

Ronnie hasn't exactly been a pillar of consistency, healthwise. Plus there's nobody else there to challenge Lorenzo for playing time if Ronnie goes down.

I am hoping for this, as I grabbed him with my last pick in our rookie draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more carries than Droughns towards the end of the season. I see Droughns' strengths as a power north/south type back. He is just a slower and less agile Jacobs. It seems to make more sense to have a guy like Bradshaw to change it up a little. While he is not very fast (or swift if you prefer) he can change directions quickly. Not to mention, Coughlin is praising Bradshaw every chance he gets.

the only thing that scares me with me Bradshaw is his offfield stuff. I plan on taking him in both my dynasty league and my keeper league this year provided he has not done anything stupid between now and then.

the only thing that scares me with me Bradshaw is his offfield stuff. I plan on taking him in both my dynasty league and my keeper league this year provided he has not done anything stupid between now and then.

I think as long as the Giants give him a PS3, he should be okay off the field.

If you want 400 total combined yards, and 3 total combined TD's from your sleeper fantasy RB in 2007, then Bell is your man.

In other words, forget.

And why are you so sure of this?

Just illiciting debate as Shanny's recent history hasn't shown that ANY thing is for sure with Den RBs.

Bart thinks you are a gay.

In other words, forget.

Right, I understand. Because Travis Henry is a sure-fire healthy stud all year long. At least, that's what everyone keeps thinking here.

By the way, who was your sleeper? It's sounding to me like mine actually will be. <_<