Sign in to follow this  
dcOne

The WWE says "no steroids involved".

From cnn.com:

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., issued a news release Tuesday evening saying steroids "were not and could not be related to the cause of death."

So apparently regardless of the autopsy results, the WWE has made it's decision, and that's final. :dunno:

Dude, even the poor seven year old was on roids. Like I noted in the other thread, the Benoits were injecting him with human growth hormone. His body had freaking TRACK MARKS.

:ninja: :P

I suppose that lady in texor who drowned her kids was juicing too :cheers:

and that guy from virginia tech :rolleyes:

or maybe they was just crazy

I really do not know your point - my point is NO MATTER WHAT you are a coward and a pvssy if you kill a kid

no "maybees" NO YOU DO NOT KILL A KID

NOW I'm :cry: Again

:(

Guest tiki_gods

Focking media is going to jump all over this as an excuse to have "experts" come out and discuss the evils of steroids. There has never been a long term study on the effects of steroids and everything they say about them is based on myth.

This will be CNN all day:

Interviewer: So what you're saying is Benoit was using steroids and raged?

Steroid Expert: Yes. He was also injecting his son with them because steroid users do these sorts of things.

Interviewer: Why would he kill them if he was injecting his son with them? Wouldn't that be counter-productive?

Steroid Expert: No. People that use steroids often eat their children as a source of protein. It isn't uncommon for someone on steroids to do these kinds of acts because they cannot think rationally.

Interviewer: Is there just, well, a slight chance he could have just been crazy?

Steroid Expert: No. Anyone who uses steroids will kill their entire family, neighbors, teammates, and people who talk bad about steroids. We're all in danger. Terrorists supply steroids to take away our freedoms.

There has never been a long term study on the effects of steroids and everything they say about them is based on myth.

I hear this frequently, and it's simply not true. There have been numerous long term studies of the efffects of steroids, both physically and psychologically. Some have concluded that what is commonly called roid rage not only exists, but also lingers even after steroid use is discontinued. Others have concluded that it's a myth, and roid rage doesn't exist.

Conclusive? No. Just like there's no conclusive study on whether we're winning in Iraq. Anectodal evidence? Appears to be a fair amount.

I didn't say that roids were the cause of this. I was mocking the fact that:

1.) Look at Benoit--you know he used them

2.) roids were found IN HIS HOUSE

and

3.) The WWE, has already basically stated "Nope. That wasn't it. It wasn't roids. Couldn't have been. No way no how. Never."

It will ALWAYS be opinion, as to whether or not they were the cause. But...for WWE to make a statement like that? As if they have all the answers.

WWE would be smart to assist the authorities if they need any help and they shouldnt say a word....

Benoit wasnt on tv for awhile..he had these issues...how about the fact that he travels with the gang 250 days a year and no one stepped in and tried to get him help?...

Vince doesn't want another pubic steroids mess like the one he had in 93 which got major media attention. Vince knows this story is getting huge coverage and already there are a few articles pointing the finger in his direction. The questions about steroids in pro wrestling is catching fire again so it's no surprise he would make that statement.

I hear this frequently, and it's simply not true. There have been numerous long term studies of the efffects of steroids, both physically and psychologically. Some have concluded that what is commonly called roid rage not only exists, but also lingers even after steroid use is discontinued. Others have concluded that it's a myth, and roid rage doesn't exist.

Conclusive? No. Just like there's no conclusive study on whether we're winning in Iraq. Anectodal evidence? Appears to be a fair amount.

I have to agree completely with you on this.

Tiki, I think that you are off base here. This is not some left wing media bias against steroids. Anabolic steroids have been shown to have negative effects when improperly used or when used over long periods of time. We are not talking about people using them under a doctor's care to cure a particular ailment. There have been plenty of studies to show the effects of steroids on animals and humans alike. itisatipthatgoogle.

We already know that Gettnhuge is a huge proponent of steroids, so we can discount that one. :(

Why hasn't Barry Bonds ever attacked an umpire or a player on the field, or attacked anyone? Can he hold his roid rage down?

Why hasn't Barry Bonds ever attacked an umpire or a player on the field, or attacked anyone? Can he hold his roid rage down?

Ed, you already got biotchslapped at the other board for this same stupid argument. Are you a glutton for punishment? :lol:

The same way that not every two pack a day smoker develops lung cancer, and not every person that smokes crack becomes a hopelessly addicted scumbag, and not everyone that's ever taken PCP flys into homicidal rage, and not every pot smoker is a burnout incapable of productive activity, and...

The same way that not every two pack a day smoker develops lung cancer, and not every person that smokes crack becomes a hopelessly addicted scumbag, and not everyone that's ever taken PCP flys into homicidal rage, and not every pot smoker is a burnout incapable of productive activity, and...

Good posting :thumbsdown:

Edjr spin machine in 3...2...1... :(

There are milliopns of pro bodybuilders who have been taking enormous amounts of steroids for years. You don't hear about them holding a pillow over their son's face and suffocating them.3

This wasn't the result of steroids. This was the result of a man being a heartless dooshbag.

Basically, it's going to have to take an entire generation of 'stars' & athletes who start dying off of liver, kidney, brain tumors before the mindset changes.

What I find unfortunate is that everybody focuses on athletes, but they have absolutely no problem with Schwarzennegger and Stallone (& others) juicing themselves up. It's the worst kept secret in Hollywood.

Frankly, to me, it's not about whether they do it or not, but the impact it has on kids. Dunno about every kid, but when I was growing up and living in the gym, everybody was talking about looking like Stallone or Schwarzanegger. - Not Lyle Alzado.

Honestly, I don't know what the deal with roids and HGH is. All I really care about is a level playing field. What pixxes me off is having a rule that threatens a man's livelihood - and then not enforcing it. Good men will follow the rules, while others will cheat. - And that focks up the game.

WWE doesn't want to remind you of their cemetary of walking tragedies, but heck...I will.

Ravishing Rick Rude — Died at 40 of an apparent heart attack in 1999, a bottle of prescription pills for his bad back at his side. The autopsy report said he died of "mixed medications." Rude was an admitted user of anabolic steroids.

Louis Mucciolo, a.k.a, Louie Spicolli — Died in 1998 at age 27 when he suffocated on his own vomit after ingesting massive amounts of Soma and alcohol. Investigators also found an empty vial of testosterone, pain pills and an anti-anxiety drug at the scene.

Brian Pillman — An admitted user of steroids, he died of a heart attack at age 35 in 1997 on the morning of WWF's In Your House: Badd Blood pay-per-view event.

Rick "the Renegade" Williams — Died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at age 33 after being released from his World Championship Wrestling contract in 1999.

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig — Found dead of a cocaine overdose at age 44 in his motel room on April 10, 2003, the morning of a match. Hennig's father maintained that steroids and painkillers contributed to his death.

Rodney "Yokozuna" Anoa'i — Died of a heart attack in 2002 at 34.

Davey Boy Smith, "The British Bulldog" — Died of a heart attack at age 39 on May 17, 2002. An autopsy report indicated that past steroid use had likely played a part in his death.

Michael "Road Warrior Hawk" Hegstrand — An admitted steroid user, he died of a heart attack at age 46 in 2003.

Michael Lockwood, "Crash Holly" — In 2003, at the age of 32, he choked to death on his own vomit after ingesting 90 painkiller pills.

Jerry Tuite, "The Wall" a.k.a. "Malice" — Died at age 36 in 2003 of an apparent heart attack in his hotel room.

Raymond "Hercules" Hernandez — Dead of heart failure in 2004 at age 47.

Ray "The Big Boss Man" Traylor — Found dead of a heart attack in 2004 at age 42.

Eddie Guerrero — After a long battle with painkillers, he was found dead of a heart attack by his nephew in his hotel room at age 38. The first person his nephew reportedly called was Guerrero's best friend, Chris Benoit.

Chris Candido — Died in 2005 at age 33 from a blood clot after breaking his tibia and fibula and dislocating his ankle in a pay-per-view event.

Owen Hart — Fell to his death at age 34 in 1999 when the rigging that was lowering him into the ring malfunctioned.

And then there's the story of the Von Erich wrestling family.

Any questions? :lol:

Two undenaible facts:

1. Anybody that uses steroids is an idiot.

2. Any guy over the age of 11 who follows wrestling is a f@g.

WWE doesn't want to remind you of their cemetary of walking tragedies, but heck...I will.

Ravishing Rick Rude — Died at 40 of an apparent heart attack in 1999, a bottle of prescription pills for his bad back at his side. The autopsy report said he died of "mixed medications." Rude was an admitted user of anabolic steroids.

Louis Mucciolo, a.k.a, Louie Spicolli — Died in 1998 at age 27 when he suffocated on his own vomit after ingesting massive amounts of Soma and alcohol. Investigators also found an empty vial of testosterone, pain pills and an anti-anxiety drug at the scene.

Brian Pillman — An admitted user of steroids, he died of a heart attack at age 35 in 1997 on the morning of WWF's In Your House: Badd Blood pay-per-view event.

Rick "the Renegade" Williams — Died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at age 33 after being released from his World Championship Wrestling contract in 1999.

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig — Found dead of a cocaine overdose at age 44 in his motel room on April 10, 2003, the morning of a match. Hennig's father maintained that steroids and painkillers contributed to his death.

Rodney "Yokozuna" Anoa'i — Died of a heart attack in 2002 at 34.

Davey Boy Smith, "The British Bulldog" — Died of a heart attack at age 39 on May 17, 2002. An autopsy report indicated that past steroid use had likely played a part in his death.

Michael "Road Warrior Hawk" Hegstrand — An admitted steroid user, he died of a heart attack at age 46 in 2003.

Michael Lockwood, "Crash Holly" — In 2003, at the age of 32, he choked to death on his own vomit after ingesting 90 painkiller pills.

Jerry Tuite, "The Wall" a.k.a. "Malice" — Died at age 36 in 2003 of an apparent heart attack in his hotel room.

Raymond "Hercules" Hernandez — Dead of heart failure in 2004 at age 47.

Ray "The Big Boss Man" Traylor — Found dead of a heart attack in 2004 at age 42.

Eddie Guerrero — After a long battle with painkillers, he was found dead of a heart attack by his nephew in his hotel room at age 38. The first person his nephew reportedly called was Guerrero's best friend, Chris Benoit.

Chris Candido — Died in 2005 at age 33 from a blood clot after breaking his tibia and fibula and dislocating his ankle in a pay-per-view event.

Owen Hart — Fell to his death at age 34 in 1999 when the rigging that was lowering him into the ring malfunctioned.

And then there's the story of the Von Erich wrestling family.

Any questions? :lol:

You may want to credit the author of the article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6964262

Toxicology results are pending and Benoit may well have been battling deeper, more primal personal demons when he reportedly killed his wife and son before taking his own life, but only the most naïve observer could ignore the overwhelming evidence that most wrestlers who look like Benoit have undergone countless cycles of chemical enhancement.

The prescription anabolic steroids found at Benoit's home have long been known to contribute to paranoia, depression and the violent outbursts we've come to know as "roid rage." Couple that with the near-compulsory painkillers a wrestler must take to do his job effectively after enduring countless body slams and you have a cocktail for massive, mind-altering mood swings.

I didn't say that roids were the cause of this. I was mocking the fact that:

1.) Look at Benoit--you know he used them

2.) roids were found IN HIS HOUSE

and

3.) The WWE, has already basically stated "Nope. That wasn't it. It wasn't roids. Couldn't have been. No way no how. Never."

It will ALWAYS be opinion, as to whether or not they were the cause. But...for WWE to make a statement like that? As if they have all the answers.

my post is towards the media in general who see the S word and immediately assume they are to blame. if you wanted to rid pro wrestling of it's most

dangerous drugs, far and away it would start with painkillers. you don't inject yourself with too much testosterone and have your heart stop... but take

a few too many painkillers or add in some alcohol and so long sucker, that's what kills most these fockers. Ken Caminiti abused steroids to an incredible degree

for years and suffered from a few side effects. But one night Caminiti took a little too much cocaine, heart failure, dead.

my post is towards the media in general who see the S word and immediately assume they are to blame. if you wanted to rid pro wrestling of it's most

dangerous drugs, far and away it would start with painkillers. you don't inject yourself with too much testosterone and have your heart stop... but take

a few too many painkillers or add in some alcohol and so long sucker, that's what kills most these fockers. Ken Caminiti abused steroids to an incredible degree

for years and suffered from a few side effects. But one night Caminiti took a little too much cocaine, heart failure, dead.

From what I have read thus far, it seems that it may never be known as to whether steroids were contributory. Even if they find that they were in his system (and I would expect that they are), it won't get to the point where you could show a causal relationship.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/27/wrestler/index.html

CNN Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta said Wednesday that it may never be known whether the deaths were linked to steroids or so-called "roid-rage."

"The drugs said to be found in the home are a synthetic form of testosterone," Gupta said. "A lot of people use it to build muscle mass, but there are longstanding known relationships between the steroids and roid rage. It could lead to psychosis and anti-social behavior and depression."

The media can sometimes be irresponsible with speculation, but speculation as to the impact on steroids in this case (along with the other drugs that he was taking) can't be denied.

Interesting...

The WWE said that steroids could not have been part of it because Benoit had been tested on April 10

Yet, in the following article (albeit a few years ago), it states that the WWE does not test unless they suspect something.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-03-12-...wrestling_x.htm

The probes led to stringent drug testing in the WWF, but only for a few years. A few stars were suspended for flunking tests. By late 1996 the program was scrapped because of the expense — and other wrestling organizations didn't test or were lax in enforcement, the WWF said at the time.

Jerry McDevitt, the outside legal counsel for McMahon's wrestling organization, contends testing "just doesn't work" because wrestlers can fake urine tests or use designer steroids that are undetectable. "Anybody who wants to beat it can beat it. The only ones who are caught are stupid," he says.

WWE, the largest wrestling organization in North America with 125 wrestlers, says it tests for recreational drugs if there is probable cause. If a wrestler refuses rehab, he is booted. It has cut weekly performances to three or four, down from about five in the mid-1990s. And it has improved training techniques to minimize injuries.

Interesting...

The WWE said that steroids could not have been part of it because Benoit had been tested on April 10

Yet, in the following article (albeit a few years ago), it states that the WWE does not test unless they suspect something.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-03-12-...wrestling_x.htm

After Eddie Guererro's death, WWE reinstated the drug testing policy.

How effective it is is debatable.

After Eddie Guererro's death, WWE reinstated the drug testing policy.

How effective it is is debatable.

Gotcha.

I would imagine that it is not real effective considering their own guy says that it "just doesn't work" :cheers:

Judging from the carnage even recently, I would say a lot is slipping through the cracks.

Focking media is going to jump all over this as an excuse to have "experts" come out and discuss the evils of steroids. There has never been a long term study on the effects of steroids and everything they say about them is based on myth.

This will be CNN all day:

Interviewer: So what you're saying is Benoit was using steroids and raged?

Steroid Expert: Yes. He was also injecting his son with them because steroid users do these sorts of things.

Interviewer: Why would he kill them if he was injecting his son with them? Wouldn't that be counter-productive?

Steroid Expert: No. People that use steroids often eat their children as a source of protein. It isn't uncommon for someone on steroids to do these kinds of acts because they cannot think rationally.

Interviewer: Is there just, well, a slight chance he could have just been crazy?

Steroid Expert: No. Anyone who uses steroids will kill their entire family, neighbors, teammates, and people who talk bad about steroids. We're all in danger. Terrorists supply steroids to take away our freedoms.

Steroid user gets defensive :cheers:

From what I have read thus far, it seems that it may never be known as to whether steroids were contributory. Even if they find that they were in his system (and I would expect that they are), it won't get to the point where you could show a causal relationship.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/27/wrestler/index.html

The media can sometimes be irresponsible with speculation, but speculation as to the impact on steroids in this case (along with the other drugs that he was taking) can't be denied.

many speculate that video games contribute to violence among youth. you'd think those same people would speculate that him living this

'violent' lifestyle that is wrestling would be a factor. how many times have we heard about football players who are trained to be as violent

as possible on the field then are expected to turn it off? He's much more likely to get gyno or lose hair, but going on a multi-day roid

rage...come on. Have they explained why Andrea Yates killed her kids yet? was it roids?

I love that people are vehemently defending steroids in this thread. Can we put together a list of them, so I can remember to discount anything they ever say?

many speculate that video games contribute to violence among youth. you'd think those same people would speculate that him living this

'violent' lifestyle that is wrestling would be a factor. how many times have we heard about football players who are trained to be as violent

as possible on the field then are expected to turn it off? He's much more likely to get gyno or lose hair, but going on a multi-day roid

rage...come on. Have they explained why Andrea Yates killed her kids yet? was it roids?

All of those things could have contributed to him losing it. I know that you love your roids, so keep taking them. However, I think that it is entirely reasonable to think that his taking of drugs (including steroids) could have contributed to these events, which is what the WWE is denying.

Frankly, I don't find the WWE to be a very reliable source. Call me silly, but Vince does not ooze ethics and integrity.

Interesting...

I won't believe for one second that WWE does testing, and if it does....the tests they do DON'T MEAN SHAT.

Why do they care? They KNOW. They are likely encourage their use, and help in obtaining them.

Why would they care? Because they are performance enhancing? " Jeessh. If he wouldn't have taken those steroids, he'd never have won that match. It gave him an unfair advantage" Let me guess, it's not fair to the clean wrestlers for some wrestlers to use performance ehhancing drugs? :thumbsup:

It's part of the WWE angle. Take away the roids, and you have a bunch of average joe schmucks, and ratings plummet.

I love that people are vehemently defending steroids in this thread. Can we put together a list of them, so I can remember to discount anything they ever say?

I'd think many cancer survivors and asthmatics might disagree with you. But if you prefer to define something based on people who abuse it,

hey go for it. Are you also for reinstating prohibition? because you know how alcohol contributes to stupid, dangerous and sometimes

deadly behavior/choices. I also believe in the right to own firearms...so go ahead and put me on that list too. I'm sure you consider all

guns to be evil.

The next thing the WWE will say is that Vince is not on roids. Just naturally buffed for a 60+ year old.

I won't believe for one second that WWE does testing, and if it does....the tests they do DON'T MEAN SHAT.

Why do they care? They KNOW. They are likely encourage their use, and help in obtaining them.

they DO test...my friend has been tested..its a random thing...but unlike sports, we dont hear that Chris Masters failed the test..he just disappears from tv for awhile..no one notices..

no idea if they turn their head if a John Cena type fails..

Two undenaible facts:

1. Anybody that uses steroids is an idiot.

2. Any guy over the age of 11 who follows wrestling is a f@g.

is it any worse than cheering for a baseball team full of drunk drivers? :(