Sign in to follow this  
montana

Give me a name you wish you never would have drafted

albert connell when he was a redskin many many moons ago....before he was caught stealing from the saints lockerroom.

A few years ago I bought into the Ben Gay hype (rb cleveland browns), hype from this bored & from friends back home in Ohio....yep, I actually wasted a late rounder on this POS & watch him do absolutely NOTHING!!!!!

:doublethumbsup: :ninja:

Give me an obscure player form the past that you hate to admit it, but you actually drafted him. This should be fun!

NOT OBSCURE, BUT REGRETTED FROM WEEK !:

LAMONT JORDAN

JAMAL LEWIS

I was an idiot two years in a row with Terrell Davis. I was actually convince two years in a row by him and the coaches that he could come back from the knee injury ;)

Last year. first pick Mr. Madden Curse, SA - i went in the tubes early.

I can trace a 3rd round pick that cost me a Championship in '05:

Late 3rd round. Do I take A Johnson or S Smith.... S Smith or A Johnson? I thought about it for as long as I could and then chose - A Johnson. I barely missed the playoffs by 1 game. During the 3 weeks of playoffs, I scored highest points every single week. There's no doubt in my mind that S Smith's regular season points would have put in the playoffs.

Who would have a thought a Championship would be decided by a stupid 3rd round WR pick. :P

I can trace a 3rd round pick that cost me a Championship in '05:

Late 3rd round. Do I take A Johnson or S Smith.... S Smith or A Johnson? I thought about it for as long as I could and then chose - A Johnson. I barely missed the playoffs by 1 game. During the 3 weeks of playoffs, I scored highest points every single week. There's no doubt in my mind that S Smith's regular season points would have put in the playoffs.

Who would have a thought a Championship would be decided by a stupid 3rd round WR pick. :mad:

I lost a Championship because I didn't carry 2 kickers. Carolina's kicker was doing great, so I opted for depth at another position for the playoff run. Opening kickoff after our wire closed, he messed up his knee trying fruitlessly to tackle the return man who had went untouched. I won the first 2 games of the playoff but lost the Championship by 3 points.

after moss left minny i drafted Burleson as my #1 wr.......thats the only year i never made the playoffs :D

I picked QB's in the 6th and 7th round last year. My first pick was Trent Green. When he went down in week one, I thought to myself "no worries I have a stud QB ready to go." ...

Jake Plummer. :blink:

Uhhh...ummm....obscure bad picks from yesteryear?

Keeper League, so rookies get drafted in the first round.

1989 - Sammy Smith, Miami Dolphins. 9th overall in the NFL draft out of FSU.

Never averaged over 3.7 ypc. Never gained over 1,000 yards. Best known for fumbling on a potential game-winning goal line plunge -- two weeks in a row (one returned for a TD). Best known, that is, until he was caught a couple years later selling drugs and carrying 37 POUNDS of cocaine.

Dark, dark days.

Chris Chambers last year... I passed on Torry Holt for Chanmbers last year!! What a moron!!!

Marc Boerighter a couple years back.

haha.... I hyped this guy up in our Dynasty Rookie/FA draft a few years back When I was poping out our off season weeklies/mock drafts.... someone took him with like the 8th pick or something... while Carson Palmer and Anquan Boldin followed soon after by other teams....

Myself personally.... In a redraft leadue in the late 90's I took Karim Abdul Jabbar with like the 8th pick in the draft... he $hit the bed bad after back to back monster TD seasons.... he went from like 15 down to 5.... blah <_<

Cecil Collins.

In 1998 my team sucked the most so I got the first pick in the first four rounds in 1999. I took Ricky Williams #1, Edge #2, Cecil #3. I had drank so much of Jimmy Johnsons' kool aid that I made a draft day trade giving Edge up, for I don't remember more than that I got Ben Coates in the deal.

A little lesson in hype that has stuck with me.

Big Mike Williams. Took him late 1st round rookie draft. Was exstatic that he fell to me then shortly thereafter I was :lol: .

Thomas Jones after his rookie year. In a keeper league I took him in the second round. I figured he didn't have any competition since Pittman was gone. I thought he would get 270+ carries and would, therefore, easily break 1,000 yds. Not bad for a RB2. I didn't care about M. Shipp at that time but I did when he outperformed T. Jones in my PPR league. Jones was a major bust. Ironic that I have him targeted in this year's draft.

1994 draft = Gary Brown, RB, Oilers

After compiling pretty good stats in 1993, I was convinced he was ready to break-out in '04 and I drafted him as my #1 RB...D'oh!

1993 = Rush: 16 195 1,002 5.1 6 Rec: 21 240 11.4 2

1994 = Rush: 12 169 648 3.8 4 Rec: 18 194 10.8 1

:dunno:

J.J. Arrington :doublethumbsup:

I bought in to the JJ Arrington hype also in 2005 (3rd round). In 2006, it was LaMont Jordan (1st round). Two BAD decisions...

Curtis Enis.

I still get crap about picking him at the end of the first round after his breakout year.

Dude look good the previous year, then gets benched and is never heard from again.

DOH!!!

Last year I drafted Edge, McGahee and Reuben Droughns as my top three runnings backs.

The year before it was McGahee and Jamal Lewis.

After Oakland's Super Bowl year, I grabbed Rich Gannon as my starting QB. Bust.

I've been burned by Jerry Porter more than once. He hasn't really been super hyped, but I've counted on him more than I should have.

jamal anderson, who blew out his knee on like the 3rd play week 1 vs cowboys on MNF :mad:

I had Jamal the 2nd time he blew out his knee (3rd game of 2001), and Fragile Fred was my 2nd back (torn groin game 2). Fortunately, my 3rd back that year was some guy named Holmes. He did alright...

Michael Westbrook all those years Darrell Green said he was a manchild with immense talent.

Cecil Collins when Jimmy Johnson said he was a manchild with immense talent.

Ricky Williams... :wall:

2000 - Garrison Hearst

2001 - Muhsin Muhammad / Jamal Lewis

2002 - Kurt Warner

2003 - Eric Moulds

2004 - Amos Zereoue

2005 - Koren Robinson

2006 - Chester Taylor

Dynasty League Keeper League

Trading for Grbac and then having him retire.

Rashaun Woods.

Drafted Zereoue, but traded to another manager along with a 1st round pick for Lewis before the season started. Same year Lewis broke off 2000 yards. Got lucky.

Then I picked up Parker as a FA, and traded before I get Amos'd. Got Bulger. Oops.

Drafted the flashlight, Wayne Chrebet.

Charles Rogers and Foster have been busts that other managers have drafted, and have to rank towards the top on anyone who drafted them.

Randy Moss...02 season...drafted him 12th overall.

Mike Tice was pimping the "Randy Ratio" for weeks and months leading into my draft.

Randy Moss...02 season...drafted him 12th overall.

Mike Tice was pimping the "Randy Ratio" for weeks and months leading into my draft.

106 receptions, 1347 yards and 7 scores later I can see why you were so miserable about drafting this this BUST !!!!

MIKE TICE LIED TO US !!!!! :clap:

1994 draft = Gary Brown, RB, Oilers

After compiling pretty good stats in 1993, I was convinced he was ready to break-out in '04 and I drafted him as my #1 RB...D'oh!

1993 = Rush: 16 195 1,002 5.1 6 Rec: 21 240 11.4 2

1994 = Rush: 12 169 648 3.8 4 Rec: 18 194 10.8 1

:sleep:

yeah that old Oilers running back situation was a pure nightmare back in those days... they had like 6 Rb's (or so ??) lead the team in rushing for the same amount of years... can't rememeber them all but i took a gamble here and there on a few of them only to be dissapointed :pointstosky: `

How about my 1st and 2nd round injury tradition?

3 years ago = Javon Walker in 2nd round

2 years ago = Daunte Culpepper in 1st round

Last year = Shaun Alexander in 1st round

I know how to pick em, huh?

Ron Dayne...get this, I drafted him twice. I was sure he would be a stud. Boy, was I wrong!

Last year it was (drum roll please)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Wali Lundy :doublethumbsup: :cheers: :cheers: :banana:

WALI'S WORLD :cheers:

Ron Dayne...get this, I drafted him twice. I was sure he would be a stud. Boy, was I wrong!

:) :cheers:

My commissioner kept doing the same thing with this guy. We're in a dynasty league, and year after year he would hang on to him, convinced that he was going to take the job from Tiki, and then that he would finally show his stuff in Denver. Who knows? Maybe he'll grab him again this year.

My own disaster I can't believe is isolated to me . . .

Quentin Griffin. Oh yes, 2 games of complete perfection, and then . . .

pfft.

almost forgot

Kordell Stewart :banana: :dunno:

106 receptions, 1347 yards and 7 scores later I can see why you were so miserable about drafting this this BUST !!!!

I rest my case.

The previous four years he had 17-11-15-10 TD's. I think his 7 TD's in 02 was his lowest total ever before 06.

I rest my case.

The previous four years he had 17-11-15-10 TD's. I think his 7 TD's in 02 was his lowest total ever before 06.

yeah but 106 recepts for almost 1400 yards..... I assume it was a TD only league ???