Sign in to follow this  
fantasy master

TOP 3 WR's

I think the top 5 or so are pretty much even.

Steve Smith with a slight edge above the rest...

Steve Smith

Chad Johnson

Terrell Owens

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Torry Holt

All of those guys, other than Steve Smith, are pretty close. But with that said, I would be happy with any -- I wouldn't want to overpay for Steve Smith.

SS

TO-I think he will end up the #1 WR this year, but i still wouldn't pick him ahead of Smith.

CJ

Holt

Harrison

We've been over this before, but I refuse to make 5'9" Steve Smith the #1 WR on my board. He's done really well early in his career scoring TDs, but I don't think he can keep that up year in and year out. Not at his size. Smith makes his TDs the hard way - breaking tackles and running them in. All the other elite WRs do that too, but they also rebound a lot of them. On top of that, Smith has Delhome. My top 3:

6'1" Chad Johnson with Palmer

6'0" Torry Holt with Bulger

6'0" Marvin Harrison with Manning

I'll take Mighty Mouse 4th.

We've been over this before, but I refuse to make 5'9" Steve Smith the #1 WR on my board.

I'm, with you.

I've got the same top 6 as everyone else, but I ranked them based on my level of concern with their health, ability to get suspended, etc.:

1 - CJ

2 - Marvin

3 - Wayne

They'll probably not finish 2 and 3, I understand, but I believe they are safer picks than Smith and Owens. I've got Holt 6, only because he's got less and less talent on the other side to take attention from him.

I like em this way.

TO - Second year in Dallas - He thinks he is the best and has the work ethic to try and prove it.

Marvin Harrison - No safer no 1 receiver - He's been at or near the top for a long time.

Tory Holt - See Marvin above

Chad Johnson - He thinks he's the best but TJ won't let him prove it

Steve Smith - He's mighty good but too many questions at quarterback.

Holt - Consistent and plays cream-puff defences all year

Steve Smith - if they had a running game to open things up for him, he'd be #1

Marvin Harrison - Every year people expect him to slide, and every year he produces.

TO - will get lots of targets each game

Holt - He is always at the top

Harrison - that offense is still great

notables: SS - i love him, he can do it all, i just dont like delhomme and the rest of that offense

Wayne - could be right up there with harrison. who knows?

CJ - i would like to think that he can do it, finally...housh takes alot of targets away from him.

Marvin -- Best of deep and pretty even top tier

TO -- Gets his

SS -- Respect

I'm excited to see what the soph Colston does this year :doublethumbsup:

T.O.....reports here in dallas are he looks better then any other time in his career and Phillips has made a point to jason Garrett to get the ball to T.O so this could be a very big year

steve smith very consistant should have double digit td ( yes he does have an injury risk but don't a lot of recievers )

Marvin harrison no matter 3what is said every year about him he goes out and gets his #s mr. consistant

i would put johnson next then holt

TO

Holt

(insert: Smith/CJ/MH after flipping a 3-headed coin)

I'll take Steven Smith as my #1 WR.

CHad Johnson

Tory Holt

But I hate taking WRs in the 2nd round, so I never end up with any of those guys

I think the Top teir of WRs is 6 deep. TO, SS, CJ, Holt, Wayne, Harrison. If you get any of these WRs you can expect great numbers and a chance at the #1 WR this year. I pick #1 this year and hope anyone falls to me in the 2nd and 3rd round turn, it will be the best value because they are all about equal and I will have taken the last one.

I'd say Wayne has the least chance of exploding into crazy numbers. But really I don't see how one could form a top 3 WR list with any reasoning besides just gut feeling.

I'm, with you.

I've got the same top 6 as everyone else, but I ranked them based on my level of concern with their health, ability to get suspended, etc.:

1 - CJ

2 - Marvin

3 - Wayne

They'll probably not finish 2 and 3, I understand, but I believe they are safer picks than Smith and Owens. I've got Holt 6, only because he's got less and less talent on the other side to take attention from him.

:music_guitarred:

1 - Marv

2 - CJ

3 - Wayne

My gut tells me TO runs away and hides this year.

TO

SS

Marv

Holt

CJ

Smith

Owens

Harrison

Housh

Driver

Holt

Wayne

Colston

Johnson

Moss

Before he sprained his ankle, Marques Colston was fantasy's best receiver for about a ten week stretch, last year. Do we think he will have lingering affects from that ankle sprain or was he just lucky last year?

Before he sprained his ankle, Marques Colston was fantasy's best receiver for about a ten week stretch, last year. Do we think he will have lingering affects from that ankle sprain or was he just lucky last year?

I think he is the real deal to be a good WR. I just wouldn't take him early or as my #1 after not even seeing a whole year. Mike Clayton comes to mind. He looked good and produced but Im sure myself along with most others just don't feel as confident in him as we do in the likes of Driver, Roy, and TJ. I have him around 13th right now.

I wouldn't say he was lucky, but still unproven. Although Someone could get a decent steal as their #2 WR in him, if he can stay healthy and produce like last year.

I picked up Colston right after our draft last year and losing him to the ankle might have been all that kept me out of the playoffs. I know counting on that means I didn't actually have that good a squad. But I do think that he had a lot of luck. this year he will finally start appearing on opposing teams' game plans, as opposed to Bush, Deuce, Horn, and Bush again. One of the major question marks for me was why NO went WR in the draft this year. They had so many other holes, and it's not like they were getting Calvin Johnson. I'll stay away and try to find this year's breakout.

1. Owens - Produces no matter who is playing QB.

2. Holt - Nice and safe.

3. Wayne - Might as well pick youth if him and Marvin are close to being equal at this point.

4. Harrison - Still gets plenty of red zone action

5. CJ - Catch so more TD's damn it!

6. Smith - Delhomme?

Top 3 this year

Wayne-it's time.

R. Williams-another year for Martz, Kitna. Johnson will open it up for Roy boy.

Evans. Instant offense.

Barring injury, all these guys should be great. Its the age factor that scares me off of Marv and Holt a little, the other 3 guys have an equal chance at greatness, without the high mileage.

1) TOwens - PROs:still in his prime, dynamic offense, he's a good security blanket for romo, TGlenn keeps defense honest

CON: he's nuts

2)Smith- PROs: Not too old, solid track record, fearless talent

CONs: Delhomme, double coverage, less than stellar run game

3)CJ - PROs: Huge offense, Not too old, tons of yards

CONs: Hoosh steals catches, Doesn't get redzone looks

4)Holt - PROs: Track record, Rams O, Defense has to cover the whole field, Lots of catches, yards, scores

CONs: Age is a concern

5) Marv - PROs: Track record, Peyton, Indy O, Catches, yards, scores

CONs: Age is a concern, sooner or later, he'll decline, or worse, get hurt, Wayne and Addai on the rise, rookie gozalez too