Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

I'm bored..lets rank the top 5 teams in the NFC

1. Cowboys - untested so far but doing what they are supposed too.

2. Seahawks- Some quality wins and one flukey loss on the road. Good on both sides of the ball, experienced QB, 2nd best coach in the league and Parcells likes them too http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=3045452 :lol: I hate Alexander though and he'll be what kills them

3. Packers- Favre looks rejuvenated and that young defense is tough. No running game to speak of

4. Bucs - Big surprise team here. Garcia is one of the most fun players in the league to watch and a true team leader. I dont think losing Caddy will hurt them too much.

5. Cardinals- I REALLY wanted to put the Lions here, but their O-line and their defense are awful. The Cards scare the hell out of me. Docket and Dansby are beasts on defense and they have the best starting WR tandem in the league. Might have finally found a good coaching staff

I was trying to think of good NFC teams today and I pretty much came up with Dallas and that's about it.

I'd rank the league as

New England

Dallas

Colts

Pittsburgh

Broncos

Titans

Ravens

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bengals

Seattle

I was trying to think of good NFC teams today and I pretty much came up with Dallas and that's about it.

I'd rank the league as

New England

Dallas

Colts

Pittsburgh

Broncos

Titans

Ravens

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bengals

Seattle

theres no way i put dallas ahead of the colts...no matter how strong they are, the colts are the defending super bowl champs

Guest _my_2_cents_

Dallas

Green Bay

_________

/\

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

\/

_______

The rest.

Also, Seattle ahead of Green Bay? I disagree. Strength of schedule through 4 weeks is making the Seahawks look a lot better than they are compared to the Packers.

Dallas - rule of thumb. If your NFL team sucks and Bledsoe is the QB. Replace him. Your team will get good, real good, real fast. Romo is freaking legitimate. He reminds me of Steve Young.

Green Bay - Too much mystique with Favre and this team right now. They have that feel about them early this year like New Orleans had last year.

Seahawks - Hasselbeck, Branch, Alexander and Holmgren are pros, along with a lot of that team. I can't imagine them winning the SuperBowl but I can see them being in the NFC Championship.

Detroit - Sick offense, Kevin Jones, arguably their biggest weapon, coming back. Defense starting to click a bit. Kitna a real leader. They are exceeding expectations.

I can't think of a #5 -..I can't say anyone else is good. Ireally can't.

Guest _my_2_cents_

I'd rank the league as

New England

Dallas

Colts

Pittsburgh

Broncos

Titans

Ravens

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bengals

Seattle

Dallas is not better than the Colts.

I have them all top 3 though. I think you also have the Ravens way too high. The Titans are there for now, until I see differently - but they look to be a surprisingly good team. They can run, control the clock and play defense - that's a winning recipe right there.

Broncos can't be that high until they show that they can stop the run.

Jags? Texans?

Man - this is an interesting list. :unsure:

Guest _my_2_cents_
Detroit - Sick offense, Kevin Jones, arguably their biggest weapon, coming back. Defense starting to click a bit. Kitna a real leader. They are exceeding expectations.

Ask Seahawks fans about Kitna's leadership in playoff games.

:unsure:

I'd rank the league as

New England

Dallas

Colts

Pittsburgh

Broncos

Titans

Ravens

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bengals

Seattle

:unsure:

I'd rank the league as

New England

Dallas

Colts

Pittsburgh

Broncos

Titans

Ravens

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bengals

Seattle

I have no problem with you putting the raiders in the top 10........

But broncos at 5??? And ravens at 7, you cant be taken seriously.

Strength of schedule through 4 weeks is making the Seahawks look a lot better than they are compared to the Packers.

The Seahawks didn't make the schedule. They just beat whoever is next in line.

Denver may not be able to stop the run, but they can sure as hell stop the pass. Once Cutler realizes the season started, the Broncos are going to control the AFC West.

I'll admit that some of that is fluff, but I really do think the Cowboys are better than the Colts. I think their offense is on par with the Colts and their defense is a little better. The Colts have zero depth. Fortunately New England plays both of them so we can see how badly they get whooped relative to one another. Of course, that's not a fair comparison since New England has so much more footage of the Colts' defensive signals.

I'd rank the league as

New England

Dallas

Colts

Pittsburgh

Broncos

Titans

Ravens

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bengals

Seattle

Bengals >> Seahawks, yet the Seahawks beat the Bengals. Your list is a joke. :lol:

Bengals >> Seahawks, yet the Seahawks beat the Bengals. Your list is a joke. :lol:

You Seattle fans need to get a clue. When Seattle beats a team that has a quarterback on the road, come talk to me.

Did they lose to Arizona because they were first in line?

Guest _my_2_cents_

:lol:

What the heck are you even saying? I make a valid point about the level of competition they've faced to date and you make some off the wall reference to the schedulemaker and who is on it? Uh, so you agree they've had a line of cupcakes so far when Green Bay beat the Chargers?

Wow - there's truly no hope for Seahawks fans. It's like they're so desperate for cred or even relevance that any crumb they get they grab onto and run with it.

Settle down, son - it's a long season. Seattle has a pretty cushy schedule, but I assure you that team will get schooled the moment they get an opponent over .600 around mid-season.

Time will tell of course, but I have this feeling...;)

Guest _my_2_cents_

:lol:

Why do you put the bengals so high, I will side with flahawker on this, no way the bengals should be above the seahawks. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks beating the Bengals, teams lose all the time to teams that are worse than them. It isnt Hassleback and SA carrying the seahawks this year, they are just role players, the seahawks defense is for real. I could see the Seahawks being the #2 team in the NFC, although in my opinion i would still put the packers ahead of them. However whoever the #2 NFC team is, they arent the 12th best team in the NFL that is for sure.

Pats

Colts

Boys

Steelers

Seahawks

Pack

Chargers*

Titans

Eagles**

Jags

*dont sleep on them

** with westbrook and without winston justice

You gave Steelers alot of love even though they lost to arizona as well? Arizona beat the #4 and 12 team in your power rankings, yet they are no where to be seen :lol:

You gave Steelers alot of love even though they lost to arizona as well? Arizona beat the #4 and 12 team in your power rankings, yet they are no where to be seen :unsure:

You're right maybe the 12th team isn't that good. Actually I think Arizona can play well, but they are a Jeckyll and Hyde, you have to be consistent to make my top 11 but you can be pretty average and be 12th.

Guest _my_2_cents_

I agree that the Chargers will not be this bad all year. They should win 10 games, which should be playoff worthy. Denver can't stop the run and they might be without Walker (knee).

If the Chargers lose this game and go 1-4 they might be sunk. But I think they win this game on the road and get it going. No way they're this bad all year. Not with that much talent. I realize Norv can fock up a wet dream, but not even he can stop that team from winning 9 more games.

<---- Bills fan

Dallas - rule of thumb. If your NFL team sucks and Bledsoe is the QB. Replace him. Your team will get good, real good, real fast. Romo is freaking legitimate. He reminds me of Steve Young.

Tell that to the Bills. :unsure:

You gave Steelers alot of love even though they lost to arizona as well? Arizona beat the #4 and 12 team in your power rankings, yet they are no where to be seen :lol:

I believe if Warner had started all 4 games then the Cardinals would be 4-0 or 3-1. That being said, they can't lose to SF and get so far down to Baltimore. Let's see if AZ can build on their wins over Seattle and Steelers before we put them on this list.

(and yes, I have season tickets!! woohoo!)

I'd rank the league as

New England

Dallas

Colts

Pittsburgh

Broncos

Titans

Ravens

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bengals

Seattle

Texans? Ravens? Raiders? Bengals? You're an idiot

:D

What the heck are you even saying? I make a valid point about the level of competition they've faced to date and you make some off the wall reference to the schedulemaker and who is on it? Uh, so you agree they've had a line of cupcakes so far when Green Bay beat the Chargers?

Wow - there's truly no hope for Seahawks fans. It's like they're so desperate for cred or even relevance that any crumb they get they grab onto and run with it.

Settle down, son - it's a long season. Seattle has a pretty cushy schedule, but I assure you that team will get schooled the moment they get an opponent over .600 around mid-season.

Time will tell of course, but I have this feeling...;)

I'm tired of caring if they have any "cred". Screw it..they're lame. Everybody jump on the Cowboy bandwagon..please let Seattle fly under the rader. We heard all the same things two years ago.

Oh and I agree with your comment on Kitna..but it's been a long time since he's been in Seattle. He's steadier now..and he's always had big balls. I like big balls :shocking:

Pats

Colts

Boys

Steelers

Seahawks

Pack

Chargers*

Titans

Eagles**

Jags

*dont sleep on them

** with westbrook and without winston justice

Nice list. I would drop San Diego a few spots and replace Philly with Tampa. :wall:

Everybody jump on the Cowboy bandwagon..please let Seattle fly under the rader. We heard all the same things two years ago.

Glad that worked out for you.

Dallas is not better than the Colts.

theres no way i put dallas ahead of the colts...no matter how strong they are, the colts are the defending super bowl champs

and yet the cowboys beat the colts soundly last year, snapping indy's unbeaten streak with a very inexperienced QB and suspect offensive line. this year, the QB is an experienced, proven commodity and the Oline is considered to be one of the best in the league. not to mention the fact that we now have our bookend pass rusher back for at least the nickel package, spencer is coming on strong, and ware is becoming a dominant force. the loss of henry is of far less significance than the loss of sanders.

what significant improvements has indy made that counterbalance this?

Tell that to the Bills. :thumbsdown:

I didn't say it was a Law. I said it was a rule of thumb.

Besides Buffallo cursed themselves when they sent Flutie to the bench before the playoff game. Bledsoe was your penance, now you just have bad luck.

But really be happy Losman went down this new kid is better and was a better college player also.

1. Dallas- Offensive juggernaut and defense is coming around. Still see them slipping a little but the best in the NFC.

2. Green Bay- Defense is for real. Lack of running game may catchup to them eventually. Can't argue with 4-0 though.

3. Seattle- Not overly impressed with them, but its a really weak NFC.

4. Carolina- Don't really deserve it based on their record, but still think they are the most balanced team in NFC if Delhomme comes back.

5. Tampa Bay- Perhpas its smoke and mirrors, but Garcia has really made a difference on offense.

rule of thumb. If your NFL team sucks and Bledsoe is the QB. Replace him.

Yeah that worked out real well with Buffalo. :doublethumbsup:

ETA: Maybe I should read the whole thread first, so I'm not thrid in line with my "witty" remark.

love my cowboys, but no way i put them ahead of indy either. especially right now and the status of our beat up secondary - in a head-to-head match up, they might hang 50 on us. that goes for NE also, we are very solid but brady & manning would torch us (right now).

nfc

dallas

green bay

seattle

giants (don't laugh, think they're coming around)

carolina

I didn't say it was a Law. I said it was a rule of thumb.

Actually "rule of thumb" was a law.

The expression dates back to an old English law that allowed one to beat his wife with a stick when she "misbehaved", but the stick could be no thicker than your thumb.

love my cowboys, but no way i put them ahead of indy either. especially right now and the status of our beat up secondary - in a head-to-head match up, they might hang 50 on us. that goes for NE also, we are very solid but brady & manning would torch us (right now).

nfc

dallas

green bay

seattle

giants (don't laugh, think they're coming around)

carolina

finally someone mentioned the G-men. i think they will be a wild card, and could possibly do some damage in the playoffs. they are better than the eagles and the skins

finally someone mentioned the G-men. i think they will be a wild card, and could possibly do some damage in the playoffs. they are better than the eagles and the skins

Word. They have a soft next 4 games (Jets, Falcons, 49ers, Dolphins) and I wouldn't be surprised to see them put a run together. The defense is coming around and should (i hope) continue to improve.

if nothing else, out of default. as you mentioned, i think they are as well balanced as any other of the crap teams in the nfc. we know they can score, it's just a matter of getting the defense up to par. for the life of me i do not know why they do not throw the ball to buress 15 times a game. jacobs is also set to return, they should make a run.

if nothing else, out of default. as you mentioned, i think they are as well balanced as any other of the crap teams in the nfc. we know they can score, it's just a matter of getting the defense up to par. for the life of me i do not know why they do not throw the ball to buress 15 times a game. jacobs is also set to return, they should make a run.

I think the idea coming into the season was to throw it a ton to Burress, as he had 8 catches in the first game. However, he hurt his ankle and has been a game time decision every week. Hopefully, they'll start tossing it to him a lot more as he heals. :pointstosky:

I'd rank the league as

New England

Dallas

Colts

Pittsburgh

Broncos

Titans

Ravens

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bengals

Seattle

Titans, Ravens, Jags, Texans, Raiders, and Bengals over the Packers at this point?

Really?

Titans and Ravens, you could make arguments.

The rest...no...no no no.

The Broncos are even a stretch.

You Seattle fans need to get a clue. When Seattle beats a team that has a quarterback on the road, come talk to me.

Oh, so beating a team with arguably the 2nd best QB in the league doesn't count. OK. By the way, what team with a QB did the Bengals beat on the road? When you find it, come talk to me. Till then your list :doublethumbsup: