Sign in to follow this  
urban1

Rodgers the next superstar qb

:first:

hope you have him in your keeper leagues

(of course this only applies until he throws a game losing touchdown in the closing moments of the game)

He looked pretty good against what is supposedly the best team in the NFC, in a game where he got little prep during the week. I'd say the future doesn't look as bleak for the Packers as it once did post-Favre.

Yeah he was very impressive.

Makes you wonder why he has been getting not so great reviews from Green Bay these past couple years.

The word out of Green Bay was that he was pretty much a bust, and that they really didn't have any confidence in him taking over for Favre.

I kind of payed attention to the situation because I always thought Rodgers was a really talented QB @ Cal. I remember him completing about 20 passes in a row against one of those great USC teams. He had exceptional accuracy, he really did.

But as the years went by, people were starting to give him the Jeff Tedford stigma, great college system QB that wouldn't be anything in the NFL.

I know it's just one game - but he really looked like he had "it."

Great game in relief, cut the hair, and learn the playbook.

He looked very good, much stronger arm than he had at Cal. Maturity helps and a weight room.

Granted he's on a very good team, but he looks light years ahead of Alex Smith.

I was impressed with what I saw from him. He wasnt perfect, but he showed pretty solid poise in the pocket and put the ball where it needed to be. The future could be interesting in GB

He looked very good, much stronger arm than he had at Cal. Maturity helps and a weight room.

How long has he been carrying yhe cliboard for Favre? I think he knows the playbook frontwards and backwards by now.

I have been wondering about him for a long time. But, in a relief stint with very limited reps he put up:

18/26 201 1 0

vs. an (allegedly) above average D

Playing from behind, he could very easily choked and thrown multiple ints and completed less than 50%..........

What's not to like?

I also thought he should have gotten a haircut. Seriously, how long was his hair? Being ahead of Alex Smith is not saying much, but Rogers has been studying under a Hall of Fame QB and that must help his progress.

How long has he been carrying yhe cliboard for Favre? I think he knows the playbook frontwards and backwards by now.

I counted 3 busted(I forget the plays) on Rodgers. He obviously missed out in practice as a QB2

I counted 3 busted(I forget the plays) on Rodgers. He obviously missed out in practice as a QB2

I'm not sure how many there were, hte one that comes to mind for me is the attempted handoff to nobody.

As I recall, Steve Young spent a number of years sitting on the bench. watching and learning from Joe Montana.

When his number was called he came in and had a hall of fame career. I think the learning experience, watching one of the "greats" perform, cannot be over emphasized.

Not saying he will be the rebirth of Young...but he sure will have an opportunity to prove himself soon.

Yeah he was very impressive.

Makes you wonder why he has been getting not so great reviews from Green Bay these past couple years.

The word out of Green Bay was that he was pretty much a bust, and that they really didn't have any confidence in him taking over for Favre.

I kind of payed attention to the situation because I always thought Rodgers was a really talented QB @ Cal. I remember him completing about 20 passes in a row against one of those great USC teams. He had exceptional accuracy, he really did.

But as the years went by, people were starting to give him the Jeff Tedford stigma, great college system QB that wouldn't be anything in the NFL.

I know it's just one game - but he really looked like he had "it."

Prior to this year, he had not done anything to show them he was ready.

This offseason though, they were very impressed with how he played.

He looked good last night. Still some things to work on for sure...but in that situation, I think he performed better than most people thought he could.

Prior to this year, he had not done anything to show them he was ready.

This offseason though, they were very impressed with how he played.

He looked good last night. Still some things to work on for sure...but in that situation, I think he performed better than most people thought he could.

Definately outperformed my expectations. When Favre went out...I thought to myself that the game was going to get embarrassing for Green Bay. I was very impressed with Rodgers' poise in the big game, his ability to creat plays with his legs, and his consistency. He threw a few really inaccurate passes but he lasered a couple in tight spots too. It's just one game, but it looks good for GB's future. Especially with such a young team and young receiving core, it was nice to see the young guy get out there and play well against a good Dallas defense

Definately outperformed my expectations. When Favre went out...I thought to myself that the game was going to get embarrassing for Green Bay. I was very impressed with Rodgers' poise in the big game, his ability to creat plays with his legs, and his consistency. He threw a few really inaccurate passes but he lasered a couple in tight spots too. It's just one game, but it looks good for GB's future. Especially with such a young team and young receiving core, it was nice to see the young guy get out there and play well against a good Dallas defense

Yeah...stronger arm than I thought he had on some of those throws.

Helps that they have run that more conservative gameplan all year. (except for Favre in the 1st quarter... :angry: )

I'm wasn't an English major so can somebody help me out? What is the term for when a group people grossly overreact to something? TIA

I'm wasn't an English major so can somebody help me out? What is the term for when a group people grossly overreact to something? TIA

"Patriots Fan"

Damn, I was so impressed with Rogers! He's got "it".

I bet 49er fans were kicking themselves watching him last night and thinking what could have been :thumbsup:

Or offense play callingwould make even Tom Brady look like crap. Given the same situation, I think Rogers would look exactly like Smith does now and vice versa.

He looked pretty good against what is supposedly the best team in the NFC, in a game where he got little prep during the week. I'd say the future doesn't look as bleak for the Packers as it once did post-Favre.

whoa, hold on there. it's waaayyyy to early to call rodgers anything but a gigantic question mark. up until last night, he looked mediocre at best when he's gotten playing time. he now has 1 career TOTAL tds.

even guys like rex grossman and joey harrington have had stellar games here or there.

you cheeseheads are suffering from the grossmanitis (symptoms: claiming an unproven and inconsistent qb has "it" and is a future star).

the dude looks like ryan from "the office" :doublethumbsup: can't seem to get past that...

As I recall, Steve Young spent a number of years sitting on the bench. watching and learning from Joe Montana.

When his number was called he came in and had a hall of fame career. I think the learning experience, watching one of the "greats" perform, cannot be over emphasized.

Not saying he will be the rebirth of Young...but he sure will have an opportunity to prove himself soon.

where? not green bay. favre will apparently play until they cart his lifeless body off the field.

whoa, hold on there. it's waaayyyy to early to call rodgers anything but a gigantic question mark. up until last night, he looked mediocre at best when he's gotten playing time. he now has 1 career TOTAL tds.

even guys like rex grossman and joey harrington have had stellar games here or there.

you cheeseheads are suffering from the grossmanitis (symptoms: claiming an unproven and inconsistent qb has "it" and is a future star).

the dude looks like ryan from "the office" :rolleyes: can't seem to get past that...

Talk about a huge jump and spin by swamp.

WHo is saying Rodgers is a world beater?

The poster stated it may not look as bleak. Nothing more.

Yet there is swamp...attempting to bash...but again just had to twist what was being said to try and do it.

Unproven is right. Inconsistent? How do we know...he has played meaningful time twice...once against Dallas last night...once against NE last year where he broke his foot.

Talk about a huge jump and spin by swamp.

WHo is saying Rodgers is a world beater?

The poster stated it may not look as bleak. Nothing more.

Yet there is swamp...attempting to bash...but again just had to twist what was being said to try and do it.

Unproven is right. Inconsistent? How do we know...he has played meaningful time twice...once against Dallas last night...once against NE last year where he broke his foot.

Jebus, you do nitpick when it comes to him. Read the thread title and original post and a lot of the subsequent ones. Maybe he shouldn't have quoted that one post, granted, but his comments are right-on target.

Jebus, you do nitpick when it comes to him. Read the thread title and original post and a lot of the subsequent ones. Maybe he shouldn't have quoted that one post, granted, but his comments are right-on target.

Other than the title...the original post and others are not really annointing him anything.

the dude looks like ryan from "the office" :rolleyes: can't seem to get past that...

I was saying that last night.... :thumbsup:

He totally does... :rolleyes:

Looked very good last night, and in the preseason. Word is that he's very good in practice and that the coaches are impressed with him. Yeah, that's not a whole lot to go on, and he has much left to prove, but it's encouraging nevertheless.

While it's too early for "superstar" talk, he is very easily the second-best quarterback in the NFC North :banana:

It brings up a good question though.

How much longer does Rodgers have on his contract?

If Favre still wants to come back for more years, does Rodgers bolt for a starting opportunity elsewhere?

the dude looks like ryan from "the office" :dunno: can't seem to get past that...

I guess English isn't your first language. Welcome to North America.

I said the future doesn't look as bleak. I didn't say he was going to the HOF. But I'm sure if Rodgers played for the Lions you'd be gushing right now. :banana:

How much longer does Rodgers have on his contract?

Two more seasons after this one. Should be right about perfect for the Packers to give him the starting job and sign him to a new contract.

I was hoping it would be shorter as he'd be a huge improvement over the QB mess the Vikings have.