Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Season 4 Lost thread***

Since Mike typically locks up threads before they reach 20 pages because they suck up bandwidth, I thought that it might be smart to start a Season 4 thread. If you posted Season 4 stuff in the other thread, copy and paste into this one.

Rule #1: Please refrain from posting spoilers for upcoming episodes. Some of the viewers, like me, like to be surprised. Disguise the text of a spoiler.

Rule #2: Follow Rule #1.

Feel free to post your speculations, expectations, and drunken observations.

If this season really does turn out to be only 8 episodes, I expect them to scrap the 3 18 episode season plan for an 8 and 2 20 episode seasons.

I just finished viewing Season 3 on DVD, so I've watched every episode of Lost at least twice, and had some random thoughts I jotted down as the final episodes unfolded of Season 3.

My first though was how odd it was that the Season concluded with every Lostie separated from their loved ones:

Rose and Bernard

Jin and Sun

Jack and Juliet

Kate and Sawyer

Desmond and Penelope

Claire and Charlie (not everybody dies on the island, sometimes they get better)

Ben from the Others

Think about it. They are at least a day's worth of journey away from each other. The apparent hostile boat is hours away from the island. I figure that the early theme of the season will focus on this separation. It might be awhile before any reunions happen, if ever.

Did Desmond lie to Charlie about his death? Hell, he lied to him about every single flashback, until eventually confessing the truth. This time, he never confessed any error, and we never saw what his flashback was, even in hindsight. Nothing. Since Desmond must have figured out that he lost Penny the first time because he let Charlie live by making him duck the arrow, maybe Desmond saw Penny in the flashback again this time, and let Charlie die for no reason, and no helicopter was going to take Claire and Aaron off the island.

Rousseau is Annie, Ben's first love on the island. Interesting how the only time we saw Ben and Danielle on screen together was when Danielle turned Ben over to the Losties after he was caught in her trap. Ben had to pretend he was Henry Gale, so he couldn't say anything about who Danielle really was. And we eventually see Ben and Rousseau on screen together during the final episode on Season 3. Odd that Ben never referred to her by name, but merely called her "your mother" to Alex. Rousseau was setting traps to keep Ben away from her, when she discovered he killed the Dharma people. She was allowed to live because either Ben took pity on her and let her leave ahead of time, or the Natives saved her to use her against Ben at some future moment. I look forward to her flashback, whenever it finally happens. Did anyone else notice how many similar letters the names "Annie" and "Danielle" have in common?

There have to be underground tunnels. Remember, the smoke monster was pulling Locke underneath the island when the went to get the dynamite from the Black Rock during Season 1. And if the Boaties are coming to the island, you can't stay in the open. You have to hide. And underground makes sense.

Mikhael had the oddest, and yet completely baffling, comment During Season 3. When Sayid, Kate, Locke, and Rousseau approached the Flame station, Mikhail yells out "We had a truce". Obviously, he is an important member of the Others. Mikhail is not a native, as he was a Russian soldier. He came to the island. Would Dharma, a hippy group, bring a former soldier into their organization? No, I think Ben brought Mikhail onto the island. And Ben when Juliet visited the Flame, Mikhail said he was already compiling info on the 815 passengers for Ben. So why on earth would he shout "We had a truce!!!" to Ben? The Losties never met him. The Boaties couldn't find the island. Dharma on the island was dead apparently, other than food drops. Who the fock was he talking to? I've said it since Season 1. There is another group of natives on the island, probably more evil than the Ben led Others. They were the ones who grabbed the Tail section survivors on the first night of the plane crash. Goodwin did not have time to get to the beach, and never would have had time to make a list. Cindy who Jack saw was captured when Ana Lucia was taking the surviving members of the Tailies to the Losties camp. She suddenly disappeared, just before Ana Lucia accidently shot Shannon. As for the kids that Jack saw, what night were they taken? The first, or a couple of days later. Remember, Ben told Goodwin to compile a list over the next three days. Are we saying Ben changed his mind right away, and had a bunch of people run after Goodwin to sabotage his own plan? That's a stretch, and we have no evidence that Ben would be willing to look so indecisive at that point to his people. I await the debut of the evil Others.

Nobody showed up at the funeral during Jack's flashforward. Jack was very surprised. Is it possible that he didn't know that only a couple of people may have escaped the island, one of which was Kate. But since nobody else showed up, he went into a complete tailspin, nowing that a lot of people were still trapped on the island. In fact, Juliet is probably still on the island, as that would have been the person he cared about the most. Kate was with someone else when she met Jack at the airport "How is he doing?", possibly Sawyer. The alcoholism is due to Juliet being left behind. Jack is desperate to get back to rescue Juliet. The island is hidden again. Whatever happens over the final seasons, the result is that the island is cloaked again, and no one can leave or arrive.

Charlie is just the beginning. I expect a lot of people to die. As the season unfolds, it will be interesting to guess who dies. I am confident a bunch of people die when the hostile boat people arrive at the island and before the Losties figure out that they've made a terrible mistake. Locke strikes me as an X-man super warrior about to go ape sh!t.

- JJ Abrams in the director's commentary, Season 1, episode 4:

"These guys all want to get off the island...until season 4"

- Charlie and Libby (Hurley's gf) are reported to play a big part in season 4, apparently Libby is going to play a big part in everyone's flashbacks.

I'm still sticking to my old theory of how when Jack and Kate escapes, they go back to an alternate universe where Jack never rat his father out and Kate never killed her step father.

Any of the lady geeks like lost? I would think women would be into the whole love and lost thing, and the love triangle thing...actually now a double love triangle.

JJ Abrams is just focking with all of you. It won't ever end. He's just making money from you. Ask anyone who saw Cloverfield. :shocking:

JJ Abrams is just focking with all of you. It won't ever end. He's just making money from you. Ask anyone who saw Cloverfield. :unsure:

They are on record of ending it after the 6th season bump. :overhead:

Since Mike typically locks up threads before they reach 20 pages because they suck up bandwidth, I thought that it might be smart to start a Season 4 thread. If you posted Season 4 stuff in the other thread, copy and paste into this one.

Rule #1: Please refrain from posting spoilers for upcoming episodes. Some of the viewers, like me, like to be surprised. Disguise the text of a spoiler.

Rule #2: Follow Rule #1.

Feel free to post your speculations, expectations, and drunken observations.

THIS PLACE NEEDS SPOILER BLOCKERS

Is it true this season will only be 8 episodes? :thumbsup:

Is it true this season will only be 8 episodes? :thumbsup:

Unless the writer's strike gets settled VERY soon, probably. But it was only supposed to be 16 episodes anyway. :lol:

Man, Thursday nights are NOT good for me, i do not like the time change. Wendnesday nights would've been perfect. Oh well, i guess i can stay in on Thursday at least until Lost is over...

Yeah, i saw the preview, very excited about it now. Has Jack even killed anyone? It seems all i hear him say now is "If i see him, i will kill him" or something like that, i don't think he has the balls to kill anyone.

As I recall Hurly had a "premonition" at some point where he was in a mental hospital, and other losties were there as well....almost alluding to them eventually getting off the island, but being real focked up.

:rolleyes:

Doesn't have anything to do with the actual show LOST, but I was watching Smokin' Aces for the first time ever yesterday...and it took me a few minutes into the scene to realize the two actors in it were Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert/Pasquale Acosta "S.A. Gerald Diego") and Matthew Fox (Jack Shephard/Bill Head of Security)...

Fortunately, I've learned to scroll past greyhounds posts in the past, and I was able to completely ignore his attempt at a spoiler post.

I spent a few minutes every day praying that greyhounds gets cancer and dies, just like his friends and family already have. Nothing makes me laugh more than someone close to him in pain and eventually dying. greyhounds is a bit worse than MDC in the douchbag Hall of Fame, and that's saying something.

Fortunately, I've learned to scroll past greyhounds posts in the past, and I was able to completely ignore his attempt at a spoiler post.

I spent a few minutes every day praying that greyhounds gets cancer and dies, just like his friends and family already have. Nothing makes me laugh more than someone close to him in pain and eventually dying. greyhounds is a bit worse than MDC in the douchbag Hall of Fame, and that's saying something.

:music_guitarred:

haha...It took you 17 minutes to answer the post....You read it ALL and all the episodes as you

never " do not read my post ".........The best part is I now deleted it. Why spoil it for people

on here that I respect. How did you like the ending...haha...You Slug!

How are those print outs coming copy boy??? While Executives like myself are home,

you have to work the late shift....your life amounted to nothing..pity.

haha...It took you 17 minutes to answer the post....You read it ALL and all the episodes as you

never " do not read my post ".........The best part is I now deleted it. Why spoil it for people

How are those print outs coming copy boy??? While Executives like myself are home,

Isn't someone close to you suppose to die soon?

Once I figured out your simpleton strategy, I simply scrolled down. Gee, I wonder how I could have outsmarted you? Oh, yeah. You are a nitwit.

Shouldn't you be at the hospital, holding the hand of your "fiances" best friend, trying to comfort her as she dies?

When she does die, please let us know. I need a reason to celebrate.

heeeeees baaaaaAAAAAACK

Once you reel a fish in on the Mange Bored, they cling to you like a barnacle to the genitals of a boat.

I read nothing. Go ahead and post them again. Tick tock. Tick tock.

I read nothing. Go ahead and post them again. Tick tock. Tick tock.

Who is this gheyhounds?

What a dooshe :thumbsdown:

Who is this gheyhounds?

What a dooshe :thumbsdown:

Some asswipe that started posting in the gambling threads on the Mange Bored. He is stalking Hurricane Ditka, myself, and GiantsRule, three mainstays in those gambling threads. It's gotten pretty weird with his posts. Those were the only threads at this site that I behaved like a gentleman in, until greyhounds came along. It would take too long to explain, but he is easily the most hated poster at this site. He is completely obsessed with me. I love the fact that this guy searches out my threads, and has discovered the Geek Bored now. I want to meet him, tie him up in my basement, and torture him for a couple of weeks. Maybe a month. Depends on my work schedule.

Some asswipe that started posting in the gambling threads on the Mange Bored. He is stalking Hurricane Ditka, myself, and GiantsRule, three mainstays in those gambling threads. It's gotten pretty weird with his posts. Those were the only threads at this site that I behaved like a gentleman in, until greyhounds came along. It would take too long to explain, but he is easily the most hated poster at this site. He is completely obsessed with me. I love the fact that this guy searches out my threads, and has discovered the Geek Bored now. I want to meet him, tie him up in my basement, and torture him for a couple of weeks. Maybe a month. Depends on my work schedule.

Gotcha

When you are done with him, mebbe you can do the same with Nick the Cat for me. It would be appreciated :thumbsdown:

Gotcha

When you are done with him, mebbe you can do the same with Nick the Cat for me. It would be appreciated :thumbsdown:

Don't turn this into a suicide thread. Abrams will get word of it and spend 4 seasons milking your supposed death.

Doesn't have anything to do with the actual show LOST, but I was watching Smokin' Aces for the first time ever yesterday...and it took me a few minutes into the scene to realize the two actors in it were Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert/Pasquale Acosta "S.A. Gerald Diego") and Matthew Fox (Jack Shephard/Bill Head of Security)...

Here's the scene from Aces with the two actors from LOST

Once I figured out your simpleton strategy, I simply scrolled down. Gee, I wonder how I could have outsmarted you? Oh, yeah. You are a nitwit.

Shouldn't you be at the hospital, holding the hand of your "fiances" best friend, trying to comfort her as she dies?

When she does die, please let us know. I need a reason to celebrate.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: greyhounds.

· View this post

· Un-ignore greyhounds

:music_guitarred:

Lost

The Beginning of the End

Thu, Jan 31, 9:00p - 10:02p

Convinced that rescue is near, the survivors are uncertain whether to believe Charlie's final message warning them about their apparent rescuers.

and there is a recap show preceding tonights episode.