Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

the abortion thread

Should abortion be legal  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should abortion be legal

• yes of course its the womans choice
    • No I am a nutjob that thinks I know better than a woman

It a simple question? Should it be legal or not legal and why?

You forgot the "the US Constitution protects every US citizen's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," and by killing an unborn child you violate it's Constitutional rights.

but "nutjob" is a much better way to spark civilized debate. :music_guitarred:

You forgot the "the US Constitution protects every US citizen's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," and by killing an unborn child you violate it's Constitutional rights.

but "nutjob" is a much better way to spark civilized debate. :music_guitarred:

the UNBORN child is not alive and is not covered. HTH

Only in the case of incest or rape. Otherwise people should be held to their own accountability. There are enough ways to prevent pregnancy that all out abortions are not needed. It goes back to being responsible for your own actions. If you have an unwanted pregnancy give it up for adoption :thumbsup:

the best part of you ran down your momma's leg

but "nutjob" is a much better way to spark civilized debate. :thumbsup:

You are way too young to already be on the wrong track with this sh1t.

Only in the case of incest or rape. O[/code]

So a child born out of a rape or incest is worth less than a baby not born out of rape or incest.

that's where our opinions differ, rendering this entire debate useless.

So a child born out of a rape or incest is worth less than a baby not born out of rape or incest.

Yes. The mother had no choice in the matter. Kill the little focker.

According to biological science it's very alive. Did you study biology in your high school lab classes?

Kilroy, you need another choice besides the two (IMO)...how about yes with extenuating circumstances.

Ok, obviously this is an interpretation, but it is alive, it just isn't born yet. If life is only after it is out of the body, then all of your internal cells are dead - with that in mind, would it be ok for someone to attack you internally (poison) because those cells are dead? I understand the "law" stance, but lets not be naive to say the law says so.

That said and I support abortion for the following reasons:

Life of the mother is threatened

Rape

Incest (on an unwilling partner aka rape)

Outside of that, I don't condone abortion, but I won't say women shouldn't be able to choose but they will have to live with the decision and hope there isn't a omnipotent being to pass judgment.

Incest (on an unwilling partner aka rape)

Why does a person conceived in this ways have to die? English royalty in the middle ages was conceived in incest, as are most people born in Kentucky and West Virginia to this very day. :thumbsup:

Why does a person conceived in this ways have to die? English royalty in the middle ages was conceived in incest, as are most people born in Kentucky and West Virginia to this very day. :wub:

:thumbsup:

Only in the case of incest or rape. Otherwise people should be held to their own accountability. There are enough ways to prevent pregnancy that all out abortions are not needed. It goes back to being responsible for your own actions. If you have an unwanted pregnancy give it up for adoption :thumbsup:

the best part of you ran down your momma's leg

:wub:

I don't buy the "right to choose" argument. There is plenty you are not allowed to do to your body. You can't sell a kidney, You can't sell yourself (except in Nevada :thumbsup: ), and you can't alter your state of mind with certain drugs. But somehow this is a right to choose issue? I don't buy it. It's an excuse to not face responsibility.

Why does a person conceived in this ways have to die? English royalty in the middle ages was conceived in incest, as are most people born in Kentucky and West Virginia to this very day. :lol:

Especially those inbred bastards in Kentucky :pointstosky:

Of course abortion should be illegal. If a woman can be charged with the murder of an unborn child due to drug abuse or other negligent acts then why is it legal to have a doctor off it for them?

I'm so sick of hearing it a womans choice. If the woman made the right choices to begin with there wouldn't be all the murders/abortions in the first place!

Easy question. Easier answer.

If a mother is careless enough to get pregnant and cold hearted enough to kill her baby, then she would be a lousy mother. Let her have her abortion, and never be allowed to have another kid. Basically close her twat with cement.

but "nutjob" is a much better way to spark civilized debate. :thumbsup:

Well, I am not sure if you have read the Constitution, but I can assure you that it does not protect "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Those words are from the Declaration of Independence.

I think that you might be referring to the 14th Amendment, which states "nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law". However, that Amendment actually starts with:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

If you notice, it states that you actually have to be either "born or naturalized" in order to be a citizen. As such, at least Constitutionally, unborn babies are not really covered in your argument.

Now, if you want to get into the moral, religious, and ethical areas, feel free, but I would not use the Constitution as the basis for your argument and I would certainly not try to misquote it if you want to get people to agree with you.

Well, I am not sure if you have read the Constitution, but I can assure you that it does not protect "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Those words are from the Declaration of Independence.

I think that you might be referring to the 14th Amendment, which states "nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law". However, that Amendment actually starts with:

If you notice, it states that you actually have to be either "born or naturalized" in order to be a citizen. As such, at least Constitutionally, unborn babies are not really covered in your argument.

Now, if you want to get into the moral, religious, and ethical areas, feel free, but I would not use the Constitution as the basis for your argument and I would certainly not try to misquote it if you want to get people to agree with you.

Good thing my feet are clean.

chalk me up as a fockin' loony toon nutjob. it's the dumbest argument of all time...it's really very simple, abortion is wrong.

chalk me up as a fockin' loony toon nutjob.

Done.

I am a loony nut job as well! :thumbsup:

Also noted.

Even with a slanted poll - it looks like it may be a photo finish. You should feel proud. :thumbsup:

I'm pro choice if a woman gets raped. I had to vote pro choice.

Every other incident including know retardation, downs syndrome(i think that's how you call it), or disfigurement of body on x-rays does not = death/abortion. This child deserves every chance and every bit of love from the parent.

I have two and wouldn't imagine an abortion, no matter what the problem is.

Rape on the other hand is totally different in my opinion - - But this is pro choice

Even with a slanted poll - it looks like it may be a photo finish. You should feel proud. :thumbsup:

Its not slanted. Its my MHO that you are a nutjob if you think abortion should not be legal.

Its not slanted. Its my MHO that you are a nutjob if you think abortion should not be legal.

FWIW - I am still happy your parents made the decision not to abort you.

Commence name calling.

FWIW - I am still happy your parents made the decision not to abort you.

Commence name calling.

So am I. But it was my mothers decision. I have 3 nieces that I LOVE to death. My youngest is so cute she could be a gerber baby. However if her mom decided to get an abortion I would have supported her 100% because its her choice.

Personally I look at it like since there's another person inside there, the choice isn't just effecting me but effecting that other life. I wouldn't support abortion in the scenerio that becoming pregnant was a simple mistake and it's just inconvenient to raise the kid. It makes sense that someone wouldn't feel that way if they somehow define 'true' life as starting after birth.

What kinda gets me about the infringing on personal freedom argument is that most laws that society recognizes infringes on what someone wants to do, someone who wants to steal, wants to kill, and so on. Putting abortion in the same category makes sense if you see a pregnant woman as symbolizing two people.

So am I. But it was my mothers decision. I have 3 nieces that I LOVE to death. My youngest is so cute she could be a gerber baby. However if her mom decided to get an abortion I would have supported her 100% because its her choice.

I assume since it's completely a woman's choice whether or not to keep a child, than I assume than it's a father's choice as to whether or not he chooses to financially support said baby if the woman decides to give birth?

In other words - in your view of the world - does the father have any input whatsoever into the decision? Can't have it both ways.

I assume since it's completely a woman's choice whether or not to keep a child, than I assume than it's a father's choice as to whether or not he chooses to financially support said baby if the woman decides to give birth?

In other words - in your view of the world - does the father have any input whatsoever into the decision?

Not really. Once you deposit your seed into a woman its all up to her. If she decides to abort it you can't do anything and if she decides to keep it you can't do anything except maybe get her to absolve you of any rights to the kid. Like you were a sperm donor. Wrap it up and we won't have this problem. Or beter yet ###### in her mouth.

Easy question. Easier answer.

If a mother is careless enough to get pregnant and cold hearted enough to kill her baby, then she would be a lousy mother. Let her have her abortion, and never be allowed to have another kid. Basically close her twat with cement.

The right answer. The world does not need any more mothers who wish their kid never existed. Not to mention non existent fathers.

Want an abortion (for reasons other than rape, etc.) fine?  We'll tie your tubes at the same time you worthless piece of crap as a woman, a person and a mother.

I'm actually anti-abortion but pro-choice. I know that makes me sound like a fence-sitter. Basically, I would never want a woman to have an abortion, and if I was given in a say in it I would argue against it, but ultimately, at the end of the day, it is her choice. I personally don't know if I could live with the choice if it were me, but that isn't my decision to make.

The right answer. The world does not need any more mothers who wish their kid never existed. Not to mention non existent fathers.

Want an abortion (for reasons other than rape, etc.) fine?  We'll tie your tubes at the same time you worthless piece of crap as a woman, a person and a mother.

Even though it's probably safe to assume most won't...people do change. Not allowing a second chance is focked up. If you want that, what about mandating that guys that don't want to be fathers and get a woman pregnant get snipped?

I say that if we define human life to begin at conception, we don't have to debate about the legality of abortion. It goes away by itself.

Obviously, if you disagree with me on when life begins, you'll disagree with this idea, but I think it covers the major sticky points.

In the case where the life of the mother may be threatened, it's a medical circumstance in which there are two people who desperately need care--the doctors and family determine who needs it more.

In case of rape or incest, I know it sounds trite, but two wrongs don't make a right. Keep the child.

Also, people who say that abortion is murder but don't think that the government has the right to restrict it are inconsistent unless they're complete anarchists.