kilroy69

the abortion thread

Should abortion be legal  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should abortion be legal

• yes of course its the womans choice
    • No I am a nutjob that thinks I know better than a woman

I completely disagree with your post.

if you're sexually active and not on contraceptive measurse AND you dont' want kids...then you need to get on the pill or use condoms - NOT get an abortion. Sexual active people who don't want kids have a responsiblility to make sure that they don't get/get someone pregnant. It's not their responsiblity to "get tested." It's their responsibility to prevent that pregnancy if they are haivng sex, and ESPECIALLY if they don't want kids.

I agree. BUT if you're not doing that AND you want an abortion under the context I laid out (please read thoroughly first, mkay?), then you better get your shiit tested regularly in order to have an abortion before the heart beats. After that, none for you. - Please, again, TNG, get your head outta your ovaries and READ with some context please?

Brain activity IS present at 8 weeks. Can a fetus think for itself? Not really. However, to say that there is no brain activity present is asinine. Nervous system cells are among the first to develop, and there are stem cells that become nervous systems cells (brain, spinal column, and nerve cells) present at 4 WEEKS. FOUR.

A brain isn't even FORMED at 8 weeks for pete's sake. Potential cells that will IN TIME become firing synapses are reaching out to each other, but any measurable brain activity (measured by electro-chemical activity) is NOT. Stop with the hysteria please. There's A HUGE difference between "nervous system" cells and "brain activity" moron. If that's the case, a grasshopper's disconnected leg that keeps twitching has a "brain". Seriously, TNG - WTF?? Do you READ what you write?.

There are numerous studies out there that show that fetuses can indeed feel pain and see light sources at 10 to 12 weeks (this is still within the first trimester when abortion is legal).

Link to where I said anything about 10-12 weeks? WTF? I'm the one calling for abortions to be banned as soon as the heart beats aroudn week 5. What a stupid, totally senseless, random to factoid that proves nothing.

For what it's worth, a heartbeat can be found around 5 weeks. That goes to show that there is SOME brain activity at 5 weeks.[/b]

Gee, that's focking insightful, did you take that from what I've already posted?. WHAT THE FOCK DID YOU THINK I'VE BEEN POSTING?? Jesus, either READ my shiit before you comment or just STFUP, mkay?? I KNOW when the focking heart beats half-wit. I've posted that long ago. To say that a heartbeat = brain activity is just moronic. How many times have we had full grown humans with a heartbeat and ABSOLUTELY NO MEASURABLE BRAIN ACTIVITY? (see gutterboy)

Damn TNG, you are tedious. :dunno:

Can any of you have a healthy debate without getting completely and totally MEAN?

Jesus.

This is twice in this thread that I have tried participating in this discussion and you resort to name calling, and just being out right rude. :dunno:

Can any of you have a healthy debate without getting completely and totally MEAN?

Jesus.

This is twice in this thread that I have tried participating in this discussion and you resort to name calling, and just being out right rude. :thumbsdown:

So.......for the sake of debate......How many have you had? ;)

Jesus.

This is twice in this thread that I have tried participating in this discussion and you resort to name calling, and just being out right rude. :thumbsdown:

Are you going to get all hormonal on us?

Are you going to get all hormonal on us?

No. But if I want to be a part of a healthy debate/discussion on a heated topic, it would be nice to be able to do so without the nastiness, or the snark.

I have not had any abortions.

No. But if I want to be a part of a healthy debate/discussion on a heated topic, it would be nice to be able to do so without the nastiness, or the snark.

Are you confused as to where you are? :thumbsdown:

Are you confused as to where you are? :thumbsdown:

No, but I try every now and then. I realize you can't debate healthy here, but I keep on hoping.

i guess this thread has changed a lot of minds. it's a good thing kilroy decided to make the 1001st thread on this. though it may not have accomplished the obvious goal, it did however make kilroy look even dumber than his geek club picture... HERE...which was no easy task. :thumbsdown:

That is saying a lot coming from this Retard

Rational people still lead the poll BTW.

No, but I try every now and then. I realize you can't debate healthy here, but I keep on hoping.

You might be able to "debate healthy" here if you didn't just pop off on the last post you read :thumbsup:

Jesus.

This is twice in this thread that I have tried participating in this discussion and you resort to name calling, and just being out right rude. :thumbsup:

You won't GET that response if you take the focking time & exercise the common courtesy to to READ other people's posts in context - and not just the last thing that flashes across your synapses. That annoys people & it's just bad bored manners. If we take the time to read your mindless shiit, perhaps you can offer the same courtesy.

But, typical broad -Get totally owned for seriously focking up - don't admit it - just go with the "you're so MEAN". :cry:

:bandana:

You won't GET that response if you take the focking time & exercise the common courtesy to to READ other people's posts in context - and not just the last thing that flashes across your synapses. That annoys people & it's just bad bored manners. If we take the time to read your mindless shiit, perhaps you can offer the same courtesy.

But, typical broad -Get totally owned for seriously focking up - don't admit it - just go with the "you're so MEAN". :cry:

:thumbsup:

How could you post that entire thing and not use "fishbucket" once? :bandana:

That is saying a lot coming from this Retard

Rational people still lead the poll BTW.

i was drunk in that picture. what's your excuse for looking like a slackjawed gomer?

i was drunk in that picture. what's your excuse for looking like a slackjawed gomer?

I was high, and it was over 100 degrees.

I was high, and it was over 100 degrees.

You must have felt like a dying fetus. :doublethumbsup:

You must have felt like a dying fetus. :doublethumbsup:

I would laugh at that...............were it funny.

The woman made her "Choice" when she decided to fock. When she opens here legs to a man, she is "choosing" to have a baby with him.

The woman made her "Choice" when she decided to fock. When she opens here legs to a man, she is "choosing" to have a baby with him.

Go someplace else with your accountability. :mellow:

oh, and save the rape thing. I know.

Well, I don't want you to get discouraged into thinking that there is no value here. There are some folks here who offer some very valuable assessments on quite a few things (life, science, relationships, etc.). However, you seem to have a good base at home and I would hate to have a heated debate like this one discourage your participation.

I am willing to bet that you and I don't agree on several things. I am also willing to bet that we could agree to discuss those items. I may sound old in this statement, but I hope that I have the same discourse with my kids (and I have tried it).

I'm aware there's value here, it's just sort of rare as most things said here appear to be a bit tongue-in-cheek. As far as debates like this go, no one is going to change anyone else's mind, no matter how logical an argument is made. Everyone's E-ego is too sensitive to acknowledge anyone might have made a good point (especially if it's an 18 year old kid.) Those of you who I can discuss things with already understand that I have solid opinions on things like this, so debating wouldn't serve much of a purpose (though discussion is fine, I suppose.)

I definitely have a good base at home with dad being a democrat and mom being a republican for variety as well as church influences, an older brother, cool old relatives, etc. that have kinda given me a different look at basically everything I've ever been exposed too. So props to all the people around me, I guess.

As for disagreement, I'd say you're definitely right. For one, you're a Pats fan. Just based on horrible stereotypes and assuming you live in the Boston area, we probably disagree on most political/social issues or whatever and that's fine. Like I said earlier, we're entitled to our opinion as long as you don't act like a moron about it or refuse to hear any other points of view. The condescending nature of alot of people really irks me though. I don't see how we can be divided as the "irrational" when those who support abortion haven't been called "moral-less" or whatever (except by the certain few who always name-call.) :mellow:

Are you Catholic? :mellow:

So, when he got all hard and junk and wanted to do it, isn't that kinda his fault too? Isn't he choosing to have a baby with her?

So, when he got all hard and junk and wanted to do it, isn't that kinda his fault too? Isn't he choosing to have a baby with her?

Can a man choose to have an abortion?

Are you Catholic? :mellow:

Why is what he said such a ridiculous comment? I'm not religious at all, and I agree with it. Sex leads to pregnancy, pretty simple if you ask me. I'm not going to preach like I'm perfect, I've had a few pregnancy scares with a few girls in my life.

The problem is self control and self responsibility. Abortion is the quick fix for lack of self control, and is a result of a lack of self-responsibility.

Nobody wants to be held accountable for their actions anymore. Going to the point of killing their own child, and justifying it by arguing if a heartbeat means it's alive.

Are we that focking selfish and cold-hearted as a society where we would kill our own children simply because it is inconvenient to take care of one?

Even if you are pro-choice, you'd have to admit it is a selfish, horrible act...ya?

Can a man choose to have an abortion?

So, it's the girls fault for opening her legs...but it's the man that's REQUIRED for her to actually GET pregnant?

Brilliant.

Why is what he said such a ridiculous comment? I'm not religious at all, and I agree with it. Sex leads to pregnancy, pretty simple if you ask me. I'm not going to preach like I'm perfect, I've had a few pregnancy scares with a few girls in my life.

The problem is self control and self responsibility. Abortion is the quick fix for lack of self control, and is a result of a lack of self-responsibility.

Nobody wants to be held accountable for their actions anymore. Going to the point of killing their own child, and justifying it by arguing if a heartbeat means it's alive.

Are we that focking selfish and cold-hearted as a society where we would kill our own children simply because it is inconvenient to take care of one?

Even if you are pro-choice, you'd have to admit it is a selfish, horrible act...ya?

:mellow:

But if you're going to blame self-responsibility, then place the blame on the chick that opened her legs, as well as on the dood that didn't want to wear a condom.

When I look at all the douchbags, tools and fockfaces walking around today I wish there had been a lot more abortions done. I guess that makes me pro choice. :nono:

you shoulda aborted that thing on your neck. :mellow:

But if you're going to blame self-responsibility, then place the blame on the chick that opened her legs, as well as on the dood that didn't want to wear a condom.

I agree

I sort of get what you are saying, but you are using a broad brush.

Not all abortions are the result of someone who knew better (rape, incest) and let's not forget that contraception is not 100% effective.

I also disagree that it is not necessarily a selfish act to have an abortion. The alternative is that there are many people having kids who have no business having kids and those kids are not exactly being "taken care of".

While I agree that people need to take more responsibility for their own actions, I don't believe that banning abortions is going to change that.

I am pro choice and I just don't see it as a selfish horrible act.

Would you rather a kid that is not wanted be brought into the world? One that will be resented and abused its entire life? A ticking time bomb just waiting to explode? Or would you rather the woman have the choice to say... you know what, i am not ready for this. Or I just simply dont want a kid.

I sort of get what you are saying, but you are using a broad brush.

Not all abortions are the result of someone who knew better (rape, incest) and let's not forget that contraception is not 100% effective.

I also disagree that it is not necessarily a selfish act to have an abortion. The alternative is that there are many people having kids who have no business having kids and those kids are not exactly being "taken care of".

While I agree that people need to take more responsibility for their own actions, I don't believe that banning abortions is going to change that.

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

Can we just do it already? I know that you are all over my junk and stuff, so let's just admit and I will give you the best 30 seconds of your life. :thumbsdown:

Can we just do it already? I know that you are all over my junk and stuff, so let's just admit and I will give you the best 30 seconds of your life. :thumbsdown:

I am so not all over your junk.

Oh, Lurch is frequenting the site, huh? OK, we can take this on the down-low. :thumbsdown:

Can you do me a favor and please not refer to him as Lurch?

Thanks.

No it won't, not on any large scale at least. However, I more think aborition should be banned because it is just plain wrong, not based on the fact that it is going to change peoples actions or not. People are still going to have sex, some may not because they don't have that safety blanket of an abortion, but most will continue their lives as normal.

I am pro choice and I just don't see it as a selfish horrible act.

Would you rather a kid that is not wanted be brought into the world? One that will be resented and abused its entire life? A ticking time bomb just waiting to explode? Or would you rather the woman have the choice to say... you know what, i am not ready for this. Or I just simply dont want a kid.

Come on, how many people do you know who accidentally got pregnant and decided to keep the baby even though they weren't ready, or didn't want it? I think we all know quite a few, and I don't know any that are resented or abused. Every single mother/father I know says five years later their child is the best thing in their life, and they raise it with love.

Now obviously, there are going to be bad parents out there, and bad parents made worse due to the fact a child is something they didn't want. If those children of bad parents were given a choice to live or die, what would they choose? Let's not pretend that aborting these children is doing them a favor, to spare them of their crappy life...there are alot of bad parents out there.

EDIT: And for the record I feel women should be allowed abortion in cases of rape/incest. In no way are they responsible for that baby, and in no way should they be forced to raise a baby they had no willing part in conceiving