Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

What would you like to see at FFToday?

Just to make sure I'm being clear. I'm talking about the home page content, not the message board. Stats galore. Now if you want to see more message board topics that's fine to add too, but I know there are a lot of regulars on the message board who actually think FFToday is just a forum and not a website (as strange as that sounds)...

There's a website? :thumbsup:

Keeper/Dynasty rankings. Updated early and often. I search for these from January on and would love to see it as a consistant feature, there really aren't many of these out there.

I would like FFToday to file weekly articles about my league complete with draft and trade analysis, starting lineup critiques, matchup reviews, and general stories about the state of the league.

I'll do it. Here's what I'll need:

1. Buy me a round trip plane ticket

2. Put me up in a hotel. Motel 6 is fine as long as it's clean.

3. Beer

4. BBQ

5. Use of an XBOX 360 and the Madden game

6. A weight room with a treadmill.

7. A $30/day food allowance while I am there

8. A tranquilizer gun--So I can either shoot you or league when I can't take any more...

9. Or you can just get you and everyone you know to buy 1000 copies of the RSP and I'll cover the trip...

I'd like to see an emphasis being placed on helping out on the help bored. Whether it's the mods or the respected elders of FFToday. Perhaps a daily/ weekly Q & A segment at certain scheduled times. It would limit the sheer # of inquiries on the mange bored I'm sure.

Even us cagey veterans have a question from time to time and I feel like I'm reading advice from (let's face it) clueless noobs who are answering just to get their's answered.

I'd like to see people actually stop using the word "bored" when referring to the "board".

That's all.

:unsure:

TR's draft links is useful year round. Archiving a list would be nice.

For fantasy, an article on how to convert projections into rankings/$values would be nice.

More IDP data is always good. This is the only place I have found much really useful information.

J

Keeper/Dynasty rankings. Updated early and often. I search for these from January on and would love to see it as a consistant feature, there really aren't many of these out there.

I would like this as well. I would also like to see the depth chart information updated more often.

I personally wish there was more IDP content. I am guessing that maybe I am in the minority, but I am in an IDP league and it seems to be kind of an afterthought on this site. I think that IDP is becoming more popular every year, but the information doesn't seem to follow suit.

Agreed. More articles, rankings and analysis would be great. There is not alot out there that is dedicated to IDP's

1-click beer,pizza and hot wing ordering? How about FFtoday fantasy leagues that we pay to play on this website.

i would like 2 things....????

1- a free copy of the 2008 rookie scouting portfolio

2- a free fftoday t-shirt ( my previous copy was eaten by my dog several months ago)

thanks guys!!

:rolleyes:

Bring back FF the Groin articles!

Never bring back the Soloist :thumbsup:

add a link to view standings that FFToday is in on.

I mentioned this idea in the PS of a Larry Johnson post. Could we have a sticky which contain links to player projection threads? QBs in one post, RBs in the secon post, WRs, IDP and so on. Maybe another post link for more general work, articles if you will, like Tusekan Raiders predraft thread, which someone wants to post.

Someone moderator would have to add links regularly, since you would want to lock the thread. It would help organize the data,a nd cut down on the total number of threads posted on any one player.

J

Bring back FF the Groin articles!

Thanks! :overhead:

add a link to view standings that FFToday is in on.

I like this suggestion. We have a good track record, although a few championships have slipped through our fingers. Maybe more pressure will help :headbanger:

Thanks! :ninja:

I like this suggestion. We have a good track record, although a few championships have slipped through our fingers. Maybe more pressure will help :doublethumbsup:

We are also the ALL TIME IBL winning % leaders!!

I'd like week by week rankings and stuff. It'd help me figure out who not to drop and who to pick up.

I'd like to see people actually stop using the word "bored" when referring to the "board".

That's all.

:unsure:

Go to another bored.

Don't mess with tradition buttlick. :wub:

yards after contact for RBs, i cant find this stat anywhere on the internet.

1 - names of members/non-members viewing an individual topic at a time.

I.E. Topic - "Who is the swiftest player in the nfl?"

you click on that topic - then you see who is currently there on the bottom of the page. This site used to have that I thought.

2 - clean up the geek league page. Way too many old leagues that are gone.

1 - names of members/non-members viewing an individual topic at a time.

I.E. Topic - "Who is the swiftest player in the nfl?"

you click on that topic - then you see who is currently there on the bottom of the page. This site used to have that I thought.

2 - clean up the geek league page. Way too many old leagues that are gone.

Definitely agree with number one. It's nice to know if you're talking to yourself or whether you should hang around for a second on your "WSIS" or whatever before going to make a sandwich. :headbanger:

How about O line ratings? Overall/rushing/passing/projected sacks given up, etc...

Maybe find some way to do an in-depth analysis on guys that finished strong last year that project well into the upcoming season. Every year there are a few guys that finish with a boom, get drafted high and then fizzle out, but there seem to be just as many that put up numbers worthy of the inflated ADP. It'd be nice if FFtoday could find a way to make that something more than guess work based on schedule. :mad:

This is probably an unrealistic request, but a mobile version of the website would be great!

Maybe find some way to do an in-depth analysis on guys that finished strong last year that project well into the upcoming season. Every year there are a few guys that finish with a boom, get drafted high and then fizzle out, but there seem to be just as many that put up numbers worthy of the inflated ADP. It'd be nice if FFtoday could find a way to make that something more than guess work based on schedule. :dunno:

Lately we've been doing second half wonders, which is a way of looking at up and coming players.

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/waldman/08...alf_wonders.htm

I used to do this article, which is probably closer to what you're looking for, yes?

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/waldman/06...splits_qbrb.htm

Or you can look here to see if these would fit if done for '05-'07

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/waldman/index.htm

Gut Check: Volume 38 - Three-Year WR & TE Season Splits - 7/19/05

Gut Check: Volume 37 - Three-Year QB Season Splits - 7/12/05

Gut Check: Volume 36 - Three-Year RB Season Splits - 7/5/05

I think more mock drafts and top 100 list updates would be helpful, possibly throughout the preseason/into the season. Good job otherwise !!!

I think more mock drafts and top 100 list updates would be helpful, possibly throughout the preseason/into the season. Good job otherwise !!!

Yes. Top100 list that could be customizd to different kind of leagues. Ex. Snake draft, PPR, 10teamer vs 12teamer, etc..

Thx!

How about O line ratings? Overall/rushing/passing/projected sacks given up, etc...

:bandana: I love this idea. I think an O-line article(s) discussing the good, the bad, and the ugly would be very helpful. Doing research on a team's offensive line has helped me out in my drafts way more than studying up on skill players, yet almost every website spends all their time discussing the skill players, and hardly any, if any, discussing the big boys up front who make all the difference.

:headbanger: I love this idea. I think an O-line article(s) discussing the good, the bad, and the ugly would be very helpful. Doing research on a team's offensive line has helped me out in my drafts way more than studying up on skill players, yet almost every website spends all their time discussing the skill players, and hardly any, if any, discussing the big boys up front who make all the difference.

This one is on its way from one our writers.

The only thing I'd like to see is more time to read the Risk/Upside cursor on the cheat sheets. It displays for about 4 seconds then dissappears. Thats not enough time to read a paragraph unless you took speed reading in elementary. I've even tried to copy the link and it still does the same when you paste it else where.

The only thing I'd like to see is more time to read the Risk/Upside cursor on the cheat sheets. It displays for about 4 seconds then dissappears. Thats not enough time to read a paragraph unless you took speed reading in elementary. I've even tried to copy the link and it still does the same when you paste it else where.

Great point. I noticed this myself last night. You can read the full note on the detailed rankings pages, but that is the only other place. Let me ask Mike K. about making it a link with small note pop-up or something like that.

it would be great if you could have a training camp weekly article, who's standing out etc.

i still wonder whether cardinals fans knew just how good anquan boldin was, seems like saints fans knew about marques colston.

but keep out the t/c fluff articles where everyone is hyped.

How about a homer blog.. get a homer from each city to represent their team and submit blog updates on local viewpoints of each teams fantasy stand-outs and sleepers.

I'll do Seattle :lol:

I would like to see which member is currently logged on to each particular subject

I agree fanfootballtn... we've got that written down as a fix.

speaking of my 3rd post above....why do we get this feature on our MFFL page, but not on the front page? I can see all members viewing subject on bottom of screen. Moz, Famousb, Kutulu,LBH,Dehaven, are all shown on the bottom of page when cuurently logged on to MFFL league page. Seems like the program is already in place, you holding back Mike FF Today?

Didn't the fftoday main board used to have this feature? You could always tell when you where in a deep conversation with F.S. on a S.F. topic. Or am I having flashbacks? Regardless, it would be an added bonus :lol:

It used to be there jocstrap but either the option was turned off or the software company may have pulled that feature entirely from the message board. I'm not sure. Either way it caused too much strain on the server to query who was online and what they were doing every time someone clicked on a thread.

Either way it caused too much strain on the server to query who was online and what they were doing every time someone clicked on a thread.

Bingo! :pointstosky:

It used to be there jocstrap but either the option was turned off or the software company may have pulled that feature entirely from the message board. I'm not sure. Either way it caused too much strain on the server to query who was online and what they were doing every time someone clicked on a thread.

Good enough answer for me, thanks for the reply. Our name only shows up on the front page of MFFL - not on each topic, I was wrong there.