Slobknocker

So you have the #1 pick

With the first selection in the draft, your team picks  

79 members have voted

1. 1. With the first selection in the draft, your team picks

• AP
    • LT

A typical league 1 point per 10 yd rush/ rec

1 point per catch ( To favor LT a little )

keeper league ( to favor AP a little)

Who are you taking??

Adrian Peterson is the best running back you or I will ever witness in our lifetimes.

Gale Sayers would be jealous.

Adrian Peterson is the best running back you or I will ever witness in our lifetimes.

:unsure:

SJAX and its not even close...

:unsure:

after one year? did you say that about terrell davis, and priest holmes?

A very apprehensive LT vote here. Glad I don't have the # 1 pick in my PPR keeper league. My second league hasn't picked draft slots yet but I don't want the # 1 this year. I seriously wonder if last year's playoff knee injury was the first chink in the armour that starts a downward trend for LT. If you have the # 1, especially in PPR, you almost have to take LT. AP, Westy both are in the mix, but right now, LT is the pick if I have the # 1. But like I said, not a slam dunk by any means.

In a redraft I would take LT2 (I do have the #1 in my main league this year). In a keeper I would make every effort to trade down so that I could pass on both LT2 and AP to select S Jax.

:shocking:

You guys watch too much ESPN! We saw him play one year where he was very incosistant and was out performed by Chester Taylor at times. AP is not close to at least a dozen backs at this point in his career.

Off the top of my head in no particular order:

Jim Brown

Gale Sayers

Walter Payton

Earl Cambell

Emitt Smith

Barry Sanders

Tony Dorsett

LT

Eric Dickerson

OJ Simpson

Keeper means it's AD. If for no other reason than he's a monster trading chip.

AP does have two games against the Lions and two against the Bears....that should account for 8 TDs and 500 yds right there!

Just a thought...Why is no one talking Tom Brady for the #1 pick? In my league last year, Brady had 564 fantasy points to AP's 308 and LT2's 395. :shocking:

Do I have to spell it out for you: Stephen ###### Jackson

Dude is a beast

Dude catches the ball

Dude plays on turf and in shitty division

Just a thought...Why is no one talking Tom Brady for the #1 pick? In my league last year, Brady had 564 fantasy points to AP's 308 and LT2's 395. :shocking:

How many points did the #2 and #3 QB have? Guess you should use your top 10 picks on QB's.

And there's 32 starting QB's in the league, while there's only a small number of RB's not in a RBBC. Oh, and most leagues start 1 Qb and 2-3 RB's. Do the math.

Do I have to spell it out for you: Stephen ###### Jackson

Dude is a beast

Dude catches the ball

Dude plays on turf and in shitty division

I used to think that, but Waldman's article on RB workloads has me nervous. :shocking:

How many points did the #2 and #3 QB have? Guess you should use your top 10 picks on QB's.

And there's 32 starting QB's in the league, while there's only a small number of RB's not in a RBBC. Oh, and most leagues start 1 Qb and 2-3 RB's. Do the math.

yeah, yeah...hear that same old argument every year. Last year, the AP owner didn't win the league...neither did the LT2 owner...Guess who won??? Yeah, the Brady owner. I play in a 14 team league...1 QB, 1RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, Def...In a league like that (in which a lot of us do play), you would be foolish to pass up on Brady at the 1 slot. There is a nice chunk of RBs this year that will fall at the 2nd/3rd round turn that could do very well. If you are someone that does your draft homework, you can afford to take Brady in the 1st.

And by my count...There are 24 RBs who have a pretty exclusive job in their teams' backfield as of now for the upcoming season :overhead:

#2-5 QB 2007

Romo = 411

Brees = 375

P. Manning = 373

Big Ben = 341

And that's a pretty large drop-off from Brady

#2-5 QB 2007

Romo = 411

Brees = 375

P. Manning = 373

Big Ben = 341

And that's a pretty large drop-off from Brady

So how many points did the kicker get. Would you take them #1 if a kicker led the league in scoring?

And it doesn't change the fact that you need 2-3 RB's and only 1 QB.

Lastly, do you really expect Brady to approach 50TD's again this year? I don't.

And by my count...There are 24 RBs who have a pretty exclusive job in their teams' backfield as of now for the upcoming season :overhead:

So 32 QB's for one spot, and 24 RB's to fill 2-3 spots. I think you're answered your own question.

yeah, yeah...hear that same old argument every year. Last year, the AP owner didn't win the league...neither did the LT2 owner...Guess who won??? Yeah, the Brady owner. I play in a 14 team league...1 QB, 1RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, Def...In a league like that (in which a lot of us do play), you would be foolish to pass up on Brady at the 1 slot. There is a nice chunk of RBs this year that will fall at the 2nd/3rd round turn that could do very well. If you are someone that does your draft homework, you can afford to take Brady in the 1st.

Of course, he probably picked him in the 4th or 5th round. Do you see the difference?

I pick 3rd in one of my leagues and I would love Brady to go #1. That would mean I would get LT or AD and could pick up Romo in the second if I wanted.

Of course, he probably picked him in the 4th or 5th round. Do you see the difference?

That was going to be my next point. He probably picked solid RB/WR's in the first few rounds, then got lucky and picked Brady later on that carried him to the title. I doubt he picked Brady in the first round last year.

Just a thought...Why is no one talking Tom Brady for the #1 pick? In my league last year, Brady had 564 fantasy points to AP's 308 and LT2's 395. :headbanger:

Here's why.....

This roster finshed 3rd in my league last year, I won with roster in sig.....Brady and AP failed to score when it mattered....9-5 versus 11-3 overall record he finished in 2nd in our division..H2H 112-68 wk1, 125-112 wk 12 both in my favor.

T Brady

E Manning ®

M Cassel ®

A Peterson

C Taylor

S Young ®

T Henry ®

P Crayton

R White

D Branch ®

J Galloway ®

S Rice ®

H Miller

Z Miller

N Rackers

S Graham ®

D Giants

D Lions

and for the record, i'd take AP even though i think LT will outscore him TY the keeper aspect is too much to ignore....

AD.

Way more fun to watch this guy.

:dunno:

So how many points did the kicker get. Would you take them #1 if a kicker led the league in scoring?

And it doesn't change the fact that you need 2-3 RB's and only 1 QB.

Lastly, do you really expect Brady to approach 50TD's again this year? I don't.

Kickers have nothing to do with this debate...

Did you even look at my league settings? We only have to start 1 RB...it's a 14 teamer

Can Brady get 45-50 TDs this year? Why not? He's got great weapons

He actually drafted at the turn and took Brady at 1.14 and a RB at 2.1

So 32 QB's for one spot, and 24 RB's to fill 2-3 spots. I think you're answered your own question.

Are you kidding me? If you know anything about fantasy football, you know that maybe only half of the starting QBs are serviceable fantasy starters(you can shrink your 32 argument down to 16)...so in my league settings where we start 1 QB and 1-2 RBs...Excellent QB play is in higher demand...especially at 6 pts. for every TD(a lot of this argument really comes down to the size of your league and the league scoring settings)

I don't expect Brady to come close to his performance last year. I think *belicheat will realize that a more balanced attack will give him a better chance at winning a Super Bowl. Besides, that air attack really stumbled in the play-offs as teams were figuring out how to play them, so teams will catch on to how to slow them down.

I don't expect Brady to come close to his performance last year. I think *belicheat will realize that a more balanced attack will give him a better chance at winning a Super Bowl. Besides, that air attack really stumbled in the play-offs as teams were figuring out how to play them, so teams will catch on to how to slow them down.

Yes because the NE air attack wasn't effective enough all season...they only won 18 straight games. If I'm belicheat I do EXACTLY what I did last year which was blow teams up with Brady throwing the ball.

if Latinpimp hadn't focked us, I'd go bump the threads where everyone was so convinced you were stupid not to take Peyton #1 overall going into 2005. But alas, it's that time of year again.

Also, I won't go into this too deep, but think about this:

If you took Brady at 1, and the guy in 2nd took LT/AD whichever he wanted (Or Sjax, keep your pants on jdon :dunno: ) and then grabbed a Fitzy, etc coming back in the second and Romo in the 3rd, do you really think the gap between Brady and Romo will outweigh his advantage between LT/AD and your Jamal Lewis?

A QB early is a calculated risk at the end of the first round with the uncertainty at that spot, and good value on the turn. Passing up proven studs in the hopes that one year is duplicated and you get lucky later on in the draft is foolish. There's a reason last year was a record. Someone has thrown 50 TDs in a season ONCE, and you're willing to bank on it happening again at 1.01? Trust me, you didn't discover some advantage or reasoning the rest of us hadn't considered. You're just refusing to see the logic of the argument the rest of us figured out once we researched that theory. :dunno:

if Latinpimp hadn't focked us, I'd go bump the threads where everyone was so convinced you were stupid not to take Peyton #1 overall going into 2005. But alas, it's that time of year again.

If you took Brady at 1, and the guy in 2nd took LT/AD whichever he wanted (Or Sjax, keep your pants on jdon :banana: ) and then grabbed a Fitzy, etc coming back in the second and Romo in the 3rd, do you really think the gap between Brady and Romo will outweigh his advantage between LT/AD and your Jamal Lewis?

A QB early is a calculated risk at the end of the first round with the uncertainty at that spot, and good value on the turn. Passing up proven studs in the hopes that one year is duplicated and you get lucky later on in the draft is foolish. There's a reason last year was a record. Someone has thrown 50 TDs in a season ONCE, and you're willing to bank on it happening again at 1.01? Trust me, you didn't discover some advantage or reasoning the rest of us hadn't considered. You're just refusing to see the logic of the argument the rest of us figured out once we researched that theory. :doh:

Exactly! :music_guitarred:

If you took Brady at 1, and the guy in 2nd took LT/AD whichever he wanted (Or Sjax, keep your pants on jdon :angry: ) and then grabbed a Fitzy, etc coming back in the second and Romo in the 3rd, do you really think the gap between Brady and Romo will outweigh his advantage between LT/AD and your Jamal Lewis?

A QB early is a calculated risk at the end of the first round with the uncertainty at that spot, and good value on the turn. Passing up proven studs in the hopes that one year is duplicated and you get lucky later on in the draft is foolish. There's a reason last year was a record. Someone has thrown 50 TDs in a season ONCE, and you're willing to bank on it happening again at 1.01? Trust me, you didn't discover some advantage or reasoning the rest of us hadn't considered. You're just refusing to see the logic of the argument the rest of us figured out once we researched that theory. :dunno:

But the way I might look at it is:

You want a sure thing in the first few rounds and you won't win your league with your first few picks. The people that end up winning it all are the teams that draft well later and get lucky like playing Kevin Curtis one week when he goes off for 200 yards and 3 scores. But do i agree with taking a QB ahead of studs like AD and LT, hell no, but later in the first when you have doubts about RB performance, a quaranteed 30 td's and 4000 yards with huge upside is nothing to look past. Sure you can get lucky and guess which other QB's might match those, but it fluctuates too much, one year it's Steve Beuerline, the next it's Jake delhomme, you never know.

LT is right smack dab in the middle of one of the most dominating fantasy stretches of all time, he's 29 and in his prime, and I'm supposed to draft another Rb over him because he "might" be better? Puuuuleeeze.

AP is a little too inconsistent for me.

3 words: total points league :doh:

Call me weird, but I don't draft anyone in the first round who only had 1 good year. Because there are many examples of 1 year wonders, its not worth the risk.

Out of thetwo I went with AP. LT is getting old and has alot of miles on him. Not wishing anything bad on him but I think he's going to start breaking down.

But personally if I had the #1 pick I'd go with S Jax.

Those injuries to LT, Gates, and Rivers leave me a little concerned with the situation in San Diego. ...and after getting burned by players in a sophomore slump, recently including Cadillac and Reggie Bush, I'm a little reluctant to draft AP #1.

Of the two, I probably take AP, as he is more exciting to watch and I'm skeptical that LT can keep up his GOD LIKE fantasy run. But I heavily consider Westbrook if I get the #1 pick in my PPR league, and also think about trading the #1 pick for somebody's 1st and 4th round picks.