Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Golfing partners who suck

I golfed today with a guy who is sorta a frined; his wife is a frined of ours, so it makes things easier if I'm his frined. But he sucked as a golfing partner. Among the things that drove me nuts:

- When it is your time to tee off, that is not the time to start telling a story, no matter how witty. Golf is like football in that most of the time is downtime, and there is a small window where you actually do something. That window is not story time.

- He sucked. That's OK, people suck at golf. But accept your suckiness. Don't mope throughout the round about your suckiness.

- Play "ready golf." I'm not impressed that you can tell that you are two yards closer on a chip shot, and as such choose to wait while the other guy needs to go back to the cart for his wedge and putter. Just hit your sucky wedge shot and let's move on.

Do these bug you, and what do you hate when you are golfing? :dunno:

I golfed today with a guy who is sorta a frined; his wife is a frined of ours, so it makes things easier if I'm his frined. But he sucked as a golfing partner. Among the things that drove me nuts:

- When it is your time to tee off, that is not the time to start telling a story, no matter how witty. Golf is like football in that most of the time is downtime, and there is a small window where you actually do something. That window is not story time.

- He sucked. That's OK, people suck at golf. But accept your suckiness. Don't mope throughout the round about your suckiness.

- Play "ready golf." I'm not impressed that you can tell that you are two yards closer on a chip shot, and as such choose to wait while the other guy needs to go back to the cart for his wedge and putter. Just hit your sucky wedge shot and let's move on.

Do these bug you, and what do you hate when you are golfing? :dunno:

All of the above bug me. But, here's #1 for me.

The guy who gives you unrequested advice. I was an assistant pro and gave lessons, do you really think I want your advice?

Solutions:

"Excuse me, but it's your turn to tee off." Nothing more.

Ready golf: Announce on the first tee that you play this. When they don't comply, "we agreed ready golf, go ahead." Then walk away and start looking at your next shot.

Both said assertively will solve the issues.

I hate that when I go to my club and keep getting stuck with Her!!! :dunno:

All of the above bug me. But, here's #1 for me.

The guy who gives you unrequested advice. I was an assistant pro and gave lessons, do you really think I want your advice?

Solutions:

"Excuse me, but it's your turn to tee off." Nothing more.

Ready golf: Announce on the first tee that you play this. When they don't comply, "we agreed ready golf, go ahead." Then walk away and start looking at your next shot.

Both said assertively will solve the issues.

I hear ya Dog, but it was a fine line between getting him moving and managing his mopiness. There were numerous times where I wanted to scream "STFU and hit the focking ball !@#" but I didn't want to damage his delicate psyche. Sigh... :dunno:

I hate that when I go to my club and keep getting stuck with Her!!! :huh:

By the powers vested in me by me, I have decided that you can stay here. Conditionally. Such continued links are required to maintain your status. :dunno:

I am a golf coach at a local high school. I know the game pretty well (rules, etiquette, etc.). I am not a great golfer (handicap 14.2) but can on occasion shoot in the 70's, but just as likely to shoot in the 90's. So, there are several things that annoy me!

Playing for money with people that don't know the rules and then argue them when a rule is called on them. Examples:

• Hitting the ball out of bounds and not re-hitting say, "I'll just drop up there."
  • In a hazard doing everything but bringing in a Bobcat to clear their swing and path.
  • Taking practice swings in a hazard.....specifically the bunker kicking up sand!!!

Here is a few examples of golfing with the most annoying play in the world.........my mother's husband (I don't acknowledge him as my step dad because he is such a moron). He is unable to break 100 EVER, but owns every book, video, and gadget ever created.

• After teeing off on a 398 yard par 4 and having a 150 yard approach shot (right on the 150 yard mark), "Did you see that drive, that was a 300 yard carry."
  • After beating me on a hole, "you are the golf coach, I can't believe I beat the golf coach."
  • After hitting a major slice to the wrong fairway, "That isn't our green, I thought that was our green. I wouldn't have hit it over here if I knew that."
  • After hearing Tiger Woods is done for the year, "Tiger is done for his career. Golfers don't come back from injuries like that. He is never going to play again."

I am a golf coach at a local high school. I know the game pretty well (rules, etiquette, etc.). I am not a great golfer (handicap 14.2) but can on occasion shoot in the 70's, but just as likely to shoot in the 90's. So, there are several things that annoy me!

Playing for money with people that don't know the rules and then argue them when a rule is called on them. Examples:

• Hitting the ball out of bounds and not re-hitting say, "I'll just drop up there."
  • In a hazard doing everything but bringing in a Bobcat to clear their swing and path.
  • Taking practice swings in a hazard.....specifically the bunker kicking up sand!!!

Here is a few examples of golfing with the most annoying play in the world.........my mother's husband (I don't acknowledge him as my step dad because he is such a moron). He is unable to break 100 EVER, but owns every book, video, and gadget ever created.

• After teeing off on a 398 yard par 4 and having a 150 yard approach shot (right on the 150 yard mark), "Did you see that drive, that was a 300 yard carry."
  • After beating me on a hole, "you are the golf coach, I can't believe I beat the golf coach."
  • After hitting a major slice to the wrong fairway, "That isn't our green, I thought that was our green. I wouldn't have hit it over here if I knew that."
  • After hearing Tiger Woods is done for the year, "Tiger is done for his career. Golfers don't come back from injuries like that. He is never going to play again."

On the "beating me on a hole" topic, I got that several times today. I'm not a coach but played in college... err, Div 3, I wasn't exactly killing time before my tour card. But given my apparently impeccable golf pedigree :dunno: I was supposed to shoot under par, even though I play maybe 6 times/year these days.

As for the general etiquette/rules, I hear ya, but in a frinedly round IMO, it depends. For example, same guy I mentioned hit out of a trap. I happened to walk up just as he hit, and the sand near his lie was the biggest piece of shiot I've ever seen in a trap. Almost like somebody intentionally rolled up an elephant turd around his ball. I didn't see it until he was in his stroke, but after he (expectedly) duffed it, I said "dood I'd have totally given you a drop from that crap." He accepted and hit again to much better results. Not technically to the rules, but wtf, it's all about having fun in the spirit of the game, no? :huh:

Here are a few of mine for the golf partner douchebaggery list:

1.) Anyone who spends an inordinate amount of time fishing in a water hazard with one of those telescopic ball retrievers while there is a group behind you, then proudly displays their pirate booty of a Top Flite X-Out, a Noodle, and a Pinnacle with a State Farm logo on it. Congrats, Jack Sparrow, I'm sure the Marshall will be impressed when he tells us to hurry the fock up on our way to the next tee box.

2.) When you are keeping score and you ask for scores. Some doosh always counts out loud...something like.."Let's see...ONE...TWO..THREE IN...FOUR OUT...FIVE............SIX......I guess I got a double bogey." In truth, you know that he lost 2 balls, duffed 3 chips in a row, and had to have at LEAST a snowman. Gotta love the honesty.

3.) Guys who avoid paying for a round of beers when the cart girl shows up. They gladly accept free beer when others are buying, but when it's their "turn" they usually say something like "nothing for me, thanks" and then walk up to the tee box and start swinging their $500 driver that they can't keep in play. Hey, if you don't want anything, that's fine, but since the rest of us are drinking, how about ponying up $20, Sir CheapsALot?

4.) Dudes who think they are good, actually suck, and throw a focking TANTRUM every time they hit a bad shot. Seriously, it's just uncomfortable to be around someone who is on the verge of blowing an aneurysm on every focking hole. Ok, so you suck, most golfers do...just quit taking it so focking seriously. Oh, and by the way, when you get tense and start throwing fits, your swing does NOT tend to get better, Mr. Hyde.

5.) Guys who slice the ball into the next focking county and then say "let's go take a look...I think it might have stayed in play." No, it didn't stay in play...it didn't stay anywhere where you have a focking PRAYER of finding it. Yet, they will proceed to spend 15 minutes searching for this lost ball. Side note: they are usually not looking for a $4.00 Pro-V1, but rather that Pinnacle with the State Farm logo that they found back on the 6th hole.

Carry on.

Guy who pulls into the parking lot 1 minute before the tee time.

Guy who never has any tees and asks for some of yours.

Guy who talks like he can hit a draw or spin wedge shots, but has never once done it during a round.

Here's one from yesterday: Lady in the group behind you squatting in the trees(but in plain sight) and taking a piss when the port a potty is 1 hole away.

Picking up my friggin ball on a gimmee putt...... :overhead:

**Slow play, i.e. never heard the term "ready golf"

**Guys that suck but insist on playing from the tips. I am ok and can shoot anywhere from 80-95, but i am smart enough to know that doesnt make me the caliber of playing that should be playing from the back tees.

**Walking in my line on the green, which includes 3 feet past the hole on the same relative line. I read once that this is what amateurs do that bug pro's (in pro-am, etc) more than anything else.

**Driving/walking up ahead and not giving others some courtesy help looking for a ball when it makes sense.

**The idiot that always thinks is funny to unlatch your bag from the riding cart when you arent looking..so your bag falls to the ground when you take off.

My main complaint is people that can't hit it more than 30 feet that play in front of me and catching up to these asstards and then not being allowed to pass.

**The idiot that always thinks is funny to unlatch your bag from the riding cart when you arent looking..so your bag falls to the ground when you take off.

:overhead:

Leave the cell phone on vibrate and only make calls at the turn. You are either there to play golf or talk on the phone. The two are mutually exclusive.

BTW - Golf Digest this month has a nice article from Arnold Palmer on the 10 Rules of golf etiquette. Clear, concise, and a good start. :overhead:

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/arniesrules

. Don't be the slowest player

In my casual games at Bay Hill, we get around in under four hours -- and that's in fivesomes. Evaluate your pace of play honestly and often, and if you're consistently the slowest one in your group, you're a slow player, period. Encourage everyone to move quickly enough so you find yourself right behind the group in front several times, both early and late in the round.

Remember the old staples of getting around in good time: Play "ready golf" (hit when ready, even if you aren't away) until you reach the green, be prepared to play when it's your turn on the tee and green, and never search for a lost ball for more than five minutes.

II. Keep your temper under control

In the final of the Western Pennsylvania Junior when I was 17, I let my putter fly over the gallery after missing a short putt. I won the match, but when I got in the car with my parents for the ride home, there were no congratulations, just dead silence. Eventually my father said, "If I ever see you throw a club again, you will never play in another golf tournament." That wake-up call stayed with me. I haven't thrown a club since.

Throwing clubs, sulking and barking profanity make everyone uneasy. We all have our moments of frustration, but the trick is to vent in an inoffensive way. For example, I often follow a bad hole by hitting the next tee shot a little harder -- for better or worse.

III. Respect other people's time

Because time is our most valuable commodity, there are few good reasons for breaking a golf date. Deciding last-minute to clean the garage on Saturday, or getting a call that the auto-repair shop can move up your appointment by a day, just doesn't cut it.

Always make your tee times, and show up for your lesson with the pro a little early. Social functions are no exception.

IV. Repair the ground you play on

I have a penknife that's my pet tool for fixing ball marks, but a tee or one of those two-pronged devices is fine. As for divots, replace them or use the seed mix packed on the side of your cart.

Rake bunkers like you mean it. Ever notice that the worse the bunker shot, the poorer the job a guy does raking the sand? Make the area nice and smooth -- don't leave deep furrows from the rake. Before you exit the bunker, ask yourself, Would I be upset if I had to play from that spot?

V. Be a silent partner

During one of my last tour events as a player, I noticed another pro making practice swings in my field of vision as I was getting ready to hit a shot. I stopped, walked over and reminded him (maybe too sternly) that it was my turn to play. The point is, stand still from the time a player sets himself until the ball has left the club.

Even with the advent of spikeless shoes, the etiquette rule of never walking in someone's line of play on the putting green is an absolute. The area around the hole in particular is sacred ground. The first thing to note when you walk onto a green is the location of every ball in your group, then steer clear of their lines to the hole.

Know where to stand and when to keep quiet. Position yourself directly across or at a diagonal from a player setting up. Never stand on the line of play, either beyond the hole or directly behind the ball. When a player is about to hit a shot, think of the fairway as a cathedral, the green a library.

VI. Make your golf cart 'invisible'

Carts are very much a part of the modern game. Think about it: They're mentioned on the backs of scorecards, discussed in the Decisions on the Rules of Golf, bags and other items are designed specifically for them, and they're used at most courses. The sheer pervasiveness of them makes cart etiquette vitally important.

Your goal when driving a cart should be to leave no trace you were there. Because we tend to look where we're going and not where we've been, it's easy to damage the turf and not realize it. Avoid wet areas and spots that are getting beaten up from traffic. Golfers tend to play "follow the leader" and drive in single file out to the fairway before branching off. It's usually better to "scatter" -- everyone take a different route -- so cart traffic is spread out.

VII. Always look your best

From Bobby Jones and Walter Hagen to Ben Hogan and Sam Snead to Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, the best players have been meticulous about their appearance. Their clothing has been sharp, and not one of them has shown up on the first tee with his cap backward, mud caked on his shoes, or his shirttail hanging out. (My shirt often came untucked, but it was my swing that did it. I started with it tucked in!)

Your appearance speaks volumes about you as a person, and the neatly appointed golfer, like a businessman or someone headed to church, gives the impression he thinks the golf course and the people there are special.

VIII. Turn off the cell phone

Nobody knows less about technology than I do. But I know enough to recognize a cell phone when it rings in my backswing. If I had my way, cell phones would be turned off at all times on the course, but most clubs have given in to the fact that people are going to use them. I don't know all the gadgets and settings on those phones, but do whatever you have to do to keep it quiet. And if you absolutely have to make a call, move away from the other players. And keep the call so brief that they don't even know you made it.

IX. Lend a hand when you can

It's easy to help out your fellow players, if you just pay attention. One obvious way is looking for lost balls -- better yet, watching errant shots so they don't turn into lost balls. Pick up that extra club left on the fringe or the headcover dropped next to the tee, and return it to its owner after saying, "Nice shot!" And if you see a cart out of position or a provisional ball that needs picking up, don't just walk by.

X. Learn the little things

There are a hundred bits of etiquette I haven't mentioned, like laying the flagstick down carefully, tamping down spike marks when you're walking off a green, letting faster groups play through, and so on. All of these things are learned by observing, with a sharp eye and a considerate heart. Just know that golf has a way of returning favors, and every piece of etiquette you practice will be repaid tenfold.

I dont know if it has been said but the guy who is standing right next to you and tells you "thats OB" when there was no question that it went out and obvious. I have eyes, no need to rub it in.

I dont know if it has been said but the guy who is standing right next to you and tells you "thats OB" when there was no question that it went out and obvious. I have eyes, no need to rub it in.

I would rather have that than the guy who is only paying attention to his ball and has no idea where your ball went.

Guy who pulls into the parking lot 1 minute before the tee time.

I have a guy like this in my foursome. But he is more like 5 minutes late. He just never can be on time for anything. I have started to tell him that our time is 20 minutes earlier than it really is.

The ones that won't "read" the green until it is their turn the putt and then does their Tiger Woods impression "reading" the green...

Lady in the group behind you squatting in the trees(but in plain sight) and taking a piss when the port a potty is 1 hole away.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely nothing wrong with this. As a matter of fact it is preferred.

Quoting lines from Happy Gilmore after every shot.

But, when a gopher is standing right next to your ball, it's ok to say "That kangaroo stole my ball."

So far, all of the bad ones have been taken. The worst round I had, while still very new to the game, was with a guy who just felt he made up the game and owned the course. He'd chuckle after someone didn't hit the ball just right, actually tee'd off when a foursome in front of us seemed to be taking too much time. This was also the best, when he muffed a ball on a par three down hill...let's just say the club went farther and was harder to find than the ball 6' away.....

:thumbsdown: :shocking: That joke never fails to make me laugh!

When I play golf - I usually make sure the person who is my partner A. carries at least a 100 cash on him to cover the betting , B. plays at least as good as I do ( or if not plays above his handicap to take advantage ) and C. plays fast.

When I play we usually play partners in a 6 point game maybe 50 cents a point with 1 press a side per team. Money can actually add up with Birdies doubling everyhting.

Worst experience I had was with a person who bragged about how great they were and I bring him out to the club as My partner - he claimed he was a 12 ( pretty much what I am right now ) - he ended up more like a focking 25 not even breaking a 100. Took forever to take a focking shot then pissed and moaned about every bad shot he hit ( which was every shot pretty much ) - Worse he only brough 50 bucks and I had to not only cover his bet but pay the focking caddy as well. :mad: :(

simply the fact that he plays golf and has to follow all these faggity rules.

I'm not a rule nazi. If somebody wants to drop where it went OB, take a stroke or not, foot wedge when needed, take a few mulligans, I don't care. Speeds up play for the most part. I only tell people the rules when they ask, and usually it is something like "well TECHNICALLY, the rule is..." However, at the end of the round, don't act like you beat me. You didn't, you focking cheating fock.

I do also have a little nit about counting actual strokes (vs. how you choose to handle the above penalties). If your club hit the ball 6 times before it went in the hole, that is a 6, not a 5. I hate the following convos:

Me: Whaddya get?

Him: 5.

Me: Really? I thought it was a 6.

Him: Hmm, let's see... (fingers start pointing around the course as he counts) hey you are right!@#

I know I am right. I only asked you to determine if you are a cheater, you focking cheating fock.

I know I am right. I only asked you to determine if you are a cheater, you focking cheating fock.

:doublethumbsup: very nice

I used to play with a group of guys that werent very good, instead of doing the finger pointing over the course, on the holes they blew up they would always just "take" one shot more than i did for the hole....unless i birdied or something, in which case they might take two more.

:doublethumbsup: very nice

I used to play with a group of guys that werent very good, instead of doing the finger pointing over the course, on the holes they blew up they would always just "take" one shot more than i did for the hole....unless i birdied or something, in which case they might take two more.

Yeah, those guys are great:

Him: What did YOU get?

Me: I got a 5.

Him: OK, give me a 6.

Seriously, what is the point? Why don't we just go back to the bar and drink some beers, and every 10 minutes I'll right down a random number for your score?

I'm not a rule nazi. If somebody wants to drop where it went OB, take a stroke or not, foot wedge when needed, take a few mulligans, I don't care. Speeds up play for the most part. I only tell people the rules when they ask, and usually it is something like "well TECHNICALLY, the rule is..." However, at the end of the round, don't act like you beat me. You didn't, you focking cheating fock.

I do also have a little nit about counting actual strokes (vs. how you choose to handle the above penalties). If your club hit the ball 6 times before it went in the hole, that is a 6, not a 5. I hate the following convos:

Him: 5.

Me: Really? I thought it was a 6.

Him: Hmm, let's see... (fingers start pointing around the course as he counts) hey you are right!@#

We had a guy in our group who used to not count the "gimme" at the end. :doublethumbsup:

I am like you in that I don't really care what someone does, UNLESS we are playing for money.

Back to the guy in my OP: At one point we were all 80-120 yards from the green, another partner proposed a $1 KP, we all accepted. I hit first and stuck a 9-iron to about 15 feet. OP Guy rolls the next shot up and it stops about 12 feet (his best shot of the day, kudos to him for stepping up with $ on the line).

Here is the problem: he wouldn't take our money. Finally I said "let's just settle up in the clubhouse." But we had no other bets, and he had to take off when we finished, so we never paid him.

So basically I can never bet with this guy again, because if I win and expect to get my well-earned cha-ching, I look like an ass. :overhead:

Back to the guy in my OP: At one point we were all 80-120 yards from the green, another partner proposed a $1 KP, we all accepted. I hit first and stuck a 9-iron to about 15 feet. OP Guy rolls the next shot up and it stops about 12 feet (his best shot of the day, kudos to him for stepping up with $ on the line).

Here is the problem: he wouldn't take our money. Finally I said "let's just settle up in the clubhouse." But we had no other bets, and he had to take off when we finished, so we never paid him.

So basically I can never bet with this guy again, because if I win and expect to get my well-earned cha-ching, I look like an ass. :dunno:

Always settle bets at the end of the round. I hate guys that lose and don't pay. I don't like to owe anyone anything.

We sort of have a rule that we make the winners buy the first round, so there are times when it costs more to win than it does to lose. :lol:

So basically I can never bet with this guy again, because if I win and expect to get my well-earned cha-ching, I look like an ass. :dunno:

It was a dollar - I wouldn't give a fock either. :lol:

It was a dollar - I wouldn't give a fock either. :lol:

It is not about a dollar, stupid. It is about the losers handing the winners money, and in doing so acknowledging their loserness. :dunno:

i have trouble with golfers in the foursome who seem to need some sort of recognition after each shot. you know the kind, where they aks you a question in order to garner some sort of praise, which may or may not be deemed necessary by the praiser. "dude, i really got ahold of that one eh? man, if that had hit in our fairway instead of the other one, that'd be down there." if it's a good shot, i'm not afraid to say it. if it's not, i'm probably not going to say anything. it just seems like patronizing someone if you say it when it's not. my wife's friends say "good shot" before the ball is 10 yards gone off the clubface.

i also have trouble with the golfer who feels the need to replay the down verbally on the way to put the club back into the bag. "ahhh, the rough caught the hosel and turned the clubface a little. man, that woulda ended up pin high."

also, guys who have some sort of aversion to dealing with the flag, whether removing it for others or replacing it if you're first in with your putt, annoy me a little. they just putt the ball, pick it up or finish, then walk over to the edge of the green near the cart, wait for others to finish, then walk to the cart. IF YOU'RE FIRST IN, IT IS A COURTESY THAT YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FLAG, A$$HOLE!

if you play with strangers in a foursome, like on vacation or at a muni, it takes about 6 holes to know all there is to know about those people and how they react to all situations that could come up in their lives. one would think that with all the crappy "poker tv" we've had to suffer through for the last 4 or 5 years, that more men would bring their poker faces to the golf course.

i have trouble with golfers in the foursome who seem to need some sort of recognition after each shot. you know the kind, where they aks you a question in order to garner some sort of praise, which may or may not be deemed necessary by the praiser. "dude, i really got ahold of that one eh? man, if that had hit in our fairway instead of the other one, that'd be down there." if it's a good shot, i'm not afraid to say it. if it's not, i'm probably not going to say anything. it just seems like patronizing someone if you say it when it's not. my wife's friends say "good shot" before the ball is 10 yards gone off the clubface.

i also have trouble with the golfer who feels the need to replay the down verbally on the way to put the club back into the bag. "ahhh, the rough caught the hosel and turned the clubface a little. man, that woulda ended up pin high."

also, guys who have some sort of aversion to dealing with the flag, whether removing it for others or replacing it if you're first in with your putt, annoy me a little. they just putt the ball, pick it up or finish, then walk over to the edge of the green near the cart, wait for others to finish, then walk to the cart. IF YOU'RE FIRST IN, IT IS A COURTESY THAT YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FLAG, A$$HOLE!

if you play with strangers in a foursome, like on vacation or at a muni, it takes about 6 holes to know all there is to know about those people and how they react to all situations that could come up in their lives. one would think that with all the crappy "poker tv" we've had to suffer through for the last 4 or 5 years, that more men would bring their poker faces to the golf course.

dude

Two things that I didn't see mentioned yet:

1. For me, it drives me crazy when guys stand directly behind me just before I tee off. I'm about a 17 handicap, so I don't take it too seriously. However, it really bugs me when they just stand there behind me. I can see them and hear them. If I ask them to move, all of a sudden...I think I'm Tiger or something, so I just shut up.

2. The guys who "plumb-bob" or whatever that expression is when trying to line up a putt. I mean...if you know what you are doing, fine. However, you know that most of these idiots have no idea how to read the putt like that but just want to look cool.

Thanks for asking. I feel better now.

Played twice this week at our sales kickoff in SD.

RD 1 -- Maybe the slowest group I've ever had in my life. Perhaps not overall time, but time per shot. We had a threesome of filipino-looking ladies ahead of us, not a one over 4' 8", who pulled away. A foursome of walkers (we were riding) including a woman pushed us the entire round. One guy, I'll call him Dan, since that is his name, was the slowest golfer I've ever seen. Unfortunately he also played the best of all of us. I was in a quandry: he takes forever to line up a long putt, but then hits a good putt. I tried to just emphasize ready golf but by the back nine I was just walking up and hacking at my ball to keep our group moving. Not as much fun as it could have been. Except I was on Coronado and the weather was in the 80s, so that didn't suck.

RD 2 -- One of the same guys from RD 1 (Ted), but also a good and fast golfer. Ted is one of those combos of sucks and takes long, my most hated combo, but the two of us fast players were able to keep play moving. We played Riverwalk which abuts I-8 on one hole. They have a very tall fence, but mere mortal barriers couldn't contain Ted's suckiness. He sailed a ball over the fence with ease, and we stood there watching as it approached the packed freeway. Sure enough, a deafening THUD ensued. I watched for a minute to make sure there wasn't a 20 car pileup, luckily not. However, two holes later a ranger drove by and asked if any of us hit a ball onto the freeway. Apparently it did quite a bit of damage and the driver came to the clubhouse. Ted owned up to it and gave his contact info. That will turn into an expensive round of golf. :nono: The ranger felt bad and gave a $50 range card to Ted, which he gave to me because I go to SD all of the time. :thumbsup: