Sign in to follow this  
pimptastic69

I (almost) traded away the #1 pick

10 team keeper, (first year for keepers, so no one is being kept from last year.)

I'm going to draft LT. If MBIII is still available at the 8th pick, that owner will draft him and trade MBIII, his 3rd (#28) and his 10th (#93) to me for LT, my 4th (#40) and my 15th (#141). If Barber is not available at 8, then the deal's off.

I've been on the fence between LT and AP the whole time, while the player I really want is Barber. This gives me the player I want, and two 3rd rounders. And with the extra 10th rounder, I can afford spend a pick on a DST like Min. or SD (normally I wouldn't draft a DST that high.)

:thumbsup:

ETA: We've decided that keepers will cost you 2 rounds higher the next year, so this deal went :lol: . Oh well.

wow... LT, #40, and #141 for Barber, #28 and #93? keeper league or not, i don't think i do the deal unless i expected lt to be out of the league in a couple of years.

wow... LT, #40, and #141 for Barber, #28 and #93? keeper league or not, i don't think i do the deal unless i expected lt to be out of the league in a couple of years.

I don't expect Barber to approach LT's stats this year, however, the additional 3rd round pick should more than make up for the difference. The difference between Barber and LT is about 100 points. With the extra 3rd rounder, I can get a top end WR (Wayne or CJ) that I otherwise wouldn't have.

I had planned on going RB/WR/WR anyway, now I have a chance to do that and get a guy like McGahee or Grant - all in the first 3 rounds.

Um....Wayne is a for sure 2nd rounder, you will not be seeing the likes of him with your 20th pick unless you are dealing with idiots. CJ will probably be there at 28, but maybe not. Overall, it is pretty risky to deal LT away...he is pretty much guarenteed (barring injury of course) to give you 4 wins on his own, maybe more depemnding on what type of team the Bolts have this year.

Also, what league do you play in where you think McGahee and Grant are going to be available at the end of the 2nd round?!? Most likely, you will be staring at the likes of Jamal Lewis/Edge with Gates/Jennings/Welker/Plax as recivers that will be available in that frame. If I were you, I would roll with LT, but thats just me.

I think he bent you over on that deal, but if you like it (was referring to the deal, not about you being bent over) so be it.

Um....Wayne is a for sure 2nd rounder, you will not be seeing the likes of him with your 20th pick unless you are dealing with idiots. CJ will probably be there at 28, but maybe not. Overall, it is pretty risky to deal LT away...he is pretty much guarenteed (barring injury of course) to give you 4 wins on his own, maybe more depemnding on what type of team the Bolts have this year.

Also, what league do you play in where you think McGahee and Grant are going to be available at the end of the 2nd round?!? Most likely, you will be staring at the likes of Jamal Lewis/Edge with Gates/Jennings/Welker/Plax as recivers that will be available in that frame. If I were you, I would roll with LT, but thats just me.

Call it age, or too many carries, the law of averages for injuries, or call me an idiot - I'm just not that high on LT this year. The combination of an up and coming Barber along with the extra 3rd rounder is more attractive.

I don't know who the hell will be available in the third round...could be WR's, could be RB's. ADP's indicate McGahee and Grant. :headbanger:

10 team keeper, (first year for keepers, so no one is being kept this year.)

I'm going to draft LT. If MBIII is still available at the 8th pick, that owner will draft him and trade MBIII, his 3rd (#28) and his 10th (#93) to me for LT, my 4th (#40) and my 15th (#141). If Barber is not available at 8, then the deal's off.

I've been on the fence between LT and AP the whole time, while the player I really want is Barber. This gives me the player I want, and two 3rd rounders. And with the extra 10th rounder, I can afford spend a pick on a DST like Min. or SD (normally I wouldn't draft a DST that high.)

:dunno:

So in other words, completely waste the extra pick. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I think you are getting hosed.

So in other words, completely waste the extra pick. :dunno: :thumbsdown:

I think you are getting hosed.

:thumbsdown:

If I have an extra pick in the 10th, why not waste it on a defense? (high end DST's can score as much as a top end QB in my league)

I guess I don't understand. How am I getting hosed on this deal? Is it because I'm dealing LT? Is the other guy getting that great of a deal?

:dunno:

If I have an extra pick in the 10th, why not waste it on a defense? (high end DST's can score as much as a top end QB in my league)

I guess I don't understand. How am I getting hosed on this deal? Is it because I'm dealing LT? Is the other guy getting that great of a deal?

its not nec. because your dealing LT. When i started to read the post a bit and read MBIII i was like ok i like that because hes prolly also getting a 2nd and 4th rounder.

its the fact that your not getting nearly enough in return. your getting a 3rd rounder but losing a 4th and by the 10th round i wouldnt even care...

i wouldn't do this for any less than a 2nd and 4th in return and i would give him anything higher than a 5th

its not nec. because your dealing LT. When i started to read the post a bit and read MBIII i was like ok i like that because hes prolly also getting a 2nd and 4th rounder.

its the fact that your not getting nearly enough in return. your getting a 3rd rounder but losing a 4th and by the 10th round i wouldnt even care...

i wouldn't do this for any less than a 2nd and 4th in return and i would give him anything higher than a 5th

bingo.

:pointstosky:

Mainly because D is notoriously hard to predict and the one taken first is rarely if EVER the one D who finishes first. So many wait on D because at the end of the year, there isn't much separation. There will be one D that explodes, but that is not going to be the first or second D taken. I guarandamntee it.

WhiteWonder pretty much answered the rest.

Mainly because D is notoriously hard to predict and the one taken first is rarely if EVER the one D who finishes first. So many wait on D because at the end of the year, there isn't much separation. There will be one D that explodes, but that is not going to be the first or second D taken. I guarandamntee it.

WhiteWonder pretty much answered the rest.

I'm not so much set on the 10th round DST pick as much as I'm stoked for the extra 3rd rounder.

There is no way in hell this deal goes down for a 2nd and a 4th. The other guy would be a total moron to accept that.

Look, I'm the commish in this league, and I've been begging for the owners to do more trades for years. While this trade may not be in my favor or even completely equal, it's "equal enough" for me to bust it out on draft day. Maybe some of the guys will see that it's fun to trade, and it sucks to just sit on the same old roster all year long.

You are giving up a 4th rounder also. You keep acting like you are getting an extra third round pick for free!

10 team keeper, (first year for keepers, so no one is being kept from last year.)

:thumbsdown:

You should include the scoring system but if this is a PPR league, it's not a good deal. Keep in mind, the other owner will have the 13th pick (2nd round) and he most likely will get another good RB. Pair him up with LT and you're giving that owner the championship. You could get a good WR in the later rounds but to get 2 stud RB's within the first 13th picks is hard to do but you're making it easy for this owner. Remember, RB's win championships.

Bad move! :thumbsup:

Call it age, or too many carries, the law of averages for injuries, or call me an idiot - I'm just not that high on LT this year. The combination of an up and coming Barber along with the extra 3rd rounder is more attractive.

I don't know who the hell will be available in the third round...could be WR's, could be RB's. ADP's indicate McGahee and Grant. :thumbsdown:

I don't agree that LT won't be a stud again - but I'd expect similar numbers from last year (stellar, but not out-worldly), and I actually think Barber will finish as the 3-5 overall RB. You lose a little bit there, but I think Barber should be rated higher on Keeper Boards that look at least 3-5 years ahead...But don't overlook the trade - yes you are getting a 3rd rounder, but your GIVING UP a 4th rounder. So while you get the extra pick in the 3rd, you won't draft again until the start of the 5th. I think its a pretty even deal...and you can draft for the future with a team like Barber (1), Wayne/Fitz/Colston (2), MJD/Bush (3), Holt/Chad/Housh (3), Calvin (5) if you are extremely lucky...what are your starting requirements and scoring system like? and keepers?

remember, perception is reality: just because you are low on tomlinson, doesn't mean everyone else is.

concensus perception is that he is the top1-2 player in fantasy, so you must receive that value in return. it seems you are receving what you feel is adequate, which on the surface is your prerogative, but when you are obviously/probably able to receive more, why not do so?

i agree with above posters----i think the rights to tomlinson is worth barber plus at least 2 additional picks.

GUYS IT'S A KEEPER LEAGUE - LT's value is at its highest now than it ever will be again in his career. For the first time in about 7 seasons, there are some slight question marks around LT. He said himself before last year he could only see himself playing at most another 5 years, meaning he has only 4 years left in the league - throw in that he's older and more worn down then people care to pay attention to. LT is 29, and has 2800 career touches - now compare that to Fred Taylor (32, 2550), Jamal Lewis (28, 2400), and Edgerrin James (30, 3300) - and Tomlinson doesn't look so fresh anymore huh.

Now compare to Barber - 25 years old and 550 touches...Even if he doesn't come close to LT's lifetime touches, this shows he should have be able to achieve another 2000+ touches (6/7 big seasons). I think you guys overlook the "down-the-road" aspect of a Keeper League. With LT, theres a decent chance after a year or two your only getting weak #2 RB production out of him, whereas Barber can be your #1 for 5-7 years...

You are giving up a 4th rounder also. You keep acting like you are getting an extra third round pick for free!

BINGO!!!!

Moving up 12 in the 3rd/4th and what is essentially an extra 10th isn't near enough to move down 7 spots in the first.

I'm not so much set on the 10th round DST pick as much as I'm stoked for the extra 3rd rounder.

There is no way in hell this deal goes down for a 2nd and a 4th. The other guy would be a total moron to accept that.

Look, I'm the commish in this league, and I've been begging for the owners to do more trades for years. While this trade may not be in my favor or even completely equal, it's "equal enough" for me to bust it out on draft day. Maybe some of the guys will see that it's fun to trade, and it sucks to just sit on the same old roster all year long.

I like your gunslinger mentality here and the fact that is a first year keeper isn't getting enough consideration through this thread.

However, I agree with several others who have stated you're not getting enough to effectively trade out of the #1 pick. Forget the late pick. Not a huge difference in moving up from the 40th to 28th overall pick.

I like your gunslinger mentality here and the fact that is a first year keeper isn't getting enough consideration through this thread.

However, I agree with several others who have stated you're not getting enough to effectively trade out of the #1 pick. Forget the late pick. Not a huge difference in moving up from the 40th to 28th overall pick.

This deal fell through earlier today.

The league voted to not keep players who are drafted in the first 2 rounds.

This deal fell through earlier today.

The league voted to not keep players who are drafted in the first 2 rounds.

I've always been disgusted by such limitations on keepers. Either a league wants to play "keeper" or it doesn't. What exactly are they afraid of? Someone building a strong team? That's kind of the point, isn't it?

I've always been disgusted by such limitations on keepers. Either a league wants to play "keeper" or it doesn't. What exactly are they afraid of? Someone building a strong team? That's kind of the point, isn't it?

Actually, I'm the commish in this league. :thumbsup:

I put it up to a vote as to how we would handle keepers a few weeks ago. The first few votes were "1st keeper costs a 1st rounder, 2nd keeper costs a 2nd rounder..." and so on. So me and this other guy assume that's how it will be and we do a trade. I start worrying about the vote later on, so I push the issue with the guys that haven't voted yet. It went from 3-0 to 3-6 in favor of the picked round + 2 overnight. :first:

I can't even get these fockers to agree on a draft date. :mad:

again if I am you im feeling lucky this trade can't go through. Then again it seems like now you can't even keep LT? your league sounds all messed up lol.

but back to that old deal. I might even be able to handle it if it was Barber and a 3rd for LT. but it wasnt. you were also giving up a 4th... wayy too high. take out you losing the 4th and maybe i can see someone doing it.. I wouldn't, not for less than a 2nd and 4th but i could maybe see it being done.

but not the deal you proposed. not enough gain to drop from LT calibur to MBIII

again if I am you im feeling lucky this trade can't go through. Then again it seems like now you can't even keep LT? your league sounds all messed up lol.

but back to that old deal. I might even be able to handle it if it was Barber and a 3rd for LT. but it wasnt. you were also giving up a 4th... wayy too high. take out you losing the 4th and maybe i can see someone doing it.. I wouldn't, not for less than a 2nd and 4th but i could maybe see it being done.

but not the deal you proposed. not enough gain to drop from LT calibur to MBIII

I can't say that I'm upset that it didn't go through.

In every mock draft I do, Barber goes between 8 an 15 or so.

I can't say that I'm upset that it didn't go through.

In every mock draft I do, Barber goes between 8 an 15 or so.

he does. and dont get me wrong i love barber this year. im keeping him in one league (i have LT and Addai also <_< ). I just think for someone to get LT from you they need to be giving you a better offer than that.

I am in the same position, I will be drafting first in a 12 team PPR league. I just have a feeling that LT is going to be an average RB this year, and AP is going to have more than a few games with 50 yards and no score. So I have proposed a simple trade with the guy drafting 6th (and also 5th and 7th, but don't tell them). I am high on a certain RB that is probably going to go in the mid to late first round. I not going to say who it is because that just biases opinions of this scenario, but if you must know I've posted recently regarding him.

On draft day I select LT, as everyone expects. If the guy drafting 6th comes to his pick and my guy is available we do the deal.

I trade LT (1st pick) and my second round pick (24th) for his 1st round (6th) and 2nd round picks (18th).

I get who I want and move up 6 spots in the second round. He gets LT and moves down 6 spots in the second round.

It's simple and I think it's fair.

Thoughts?

I am in the same position, I will be drafting first in a 12 team PPR league. I just have a feeling that LT is going to be an average RB this year, and AP is going to have more than a few games with 50 yards and no score. So I have proposed a simple trade with the guy drafting 6th (and also 5th and 7th, but don't tell them). I am high on a certain RB that is probably going to go in the mid to late first round. I not going to say who it is because that just biases opinions of this scenario, but if you must know I've posted recently regarding him.

On draft day I select LT, as everyone expects. If the guy drafting 6th comes to his pick and my guy is available we do the deal.

I trade LT (1st pick) and my second round pick (24th) for his 1st round (6th) and 2nd round picks (18th).

I get who I want and move up 6 spots in the second round. He gets LT and moves down 6 spots in the second round.

It's simple and I think it's fair.

Thoughts?

Depends on who you're hoping to get at the #6 pick.

Who are you targeting?