Sign in to follow this  
Boston_Diablo

The definitive S-Jax vs. Addai poll

Addai is hurt with loss of Jeff Saturday and Manning's knee. Other side of the coin, I live in STL and am tired of seeing the Rams lose!

If the Colts are 100% healthy I would def go Addai over SJAX, but right now, it is a toss-up.

That was my choice last night at 5, I went with Addai. Had him last year, and he's solid. I'm scared of the Ram O so I passed on SJ. I almost went Moss.

I've got the 4th pick in one of my drafts and I'm passing over both for MBIII.

Any chance I can get in that league?

May not be the consensus choice, but I'm high on Barber. He's on a great offense and will get more touches than last year. Meanwhile, Addai suffers if Manning is not right. SJax is a beast, but it could be tough going with STL's injury problems. I think Barber's numbers will at least be right there with Addai and Jackson.

I have the 4th pick in my main league and I am going with SJax for the moment. draft day is sept 3 so I have a week. If Sjax stays healthy with no real knicks and reports are good out of Rams camp I am going with hi. Pace is back blocking, and unlike addai sjax could potentially be the number 1 fantasy RB. He was real good after he came back last year and he has a lot less wear and tear than LJ did as everyone is comparing their situations. Peyton's question marks make it an easier decision. It does give all 4th pickers pause for thought but to me SJax can dom iate way more than addai. If you want MBIII her try to trade down. Good luck all.

Based on last season, my feeling is that Addai is not really used as work-horse back. He'll get his 250 carries, but he slowed down towards the end of the season, so I'd expect them to share the load a bit more with Rhodes. Not a split in any sense, but a small share. Also, once the Colts lock up a playoff spot, expect them to give Addai a lot of rest (likely in the Fantasy playoffs). Obviously his TD potential is very high, but his yardage potential is not.

SJax on the other hand is a true work-horse, 20+ carry back. Effective at the goal-line and out of the backfield. My only concern there is the injuries to the O-line have left them very thin. Still, he posted very strong numbers down the stretch last season, and it is unlikely his surrounding situation can get any worse.

That said, I believe the safer pick is Addai, but SJax offers significantly more upside. I'm going SJax.

We draft this week and I have pick 4 and I am trying to decide between Addai and Sjax and MBIII also... I look at it like this:

Sjax - high upside, most risk

Addai - injuries on Oline and at QB scare me..

MBIII - least amount of risk but probably the lowest upside...

I am leaning towards SJax but would love to see some more discussion on this topic...

SJax > MBIII > Addai

I have #4 in both of my drafts - Brady went #3 last night so I walked away w/Westy! :unsure:

Could it happen twice? I'll know Labor day.

The "definitive ... poll" doesn't even have a poll?

I just drafted 4th in my big money league. I have not had a pick over 7 in 7 years so I planned on drafting from that spot. I went with Sjax for the following reasons:

1- Talent- He is simply the better player. If their teams were different, would you take Addai? No way.

2- Opportunity- He is the man. Rhodes and Keith will ease an obviously worn down Addai

3- Offense- The Rams run through Jackson, the Colts run through Manning.

4- Cards,Seahawks,Niners to wrap up the season. I like those matchups.

It all depends on a persons mentality.

4th and 1. Grind out the first down or playaction pass for the TD?

2- Opportunity- He is the man. Rhodes and Keith will ease an obviously worn down Addai

link?

3- Offense- The Rams run through Jackson, the Colts run through Manning.

yes, and the Rams offense SUCKED bigtime last year

Why, so you can get your ass handed to you?

Like your fiancé dose to you every day

MBIII is the correct answer :thumbsdown:

I took Addai with my 9th pick in the first round. The first two rounds went as follows:

Some unconventional picks in my league....Manning # 2 WTF?

Round: 1

(1) Team Soju - Tom Brady QB

(2) Team Night Rider - Peyton Manning QB

(3) FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH - LaDainian Tomlinson RB

(4) The Visigoths - Adrian Peterson RB

(5) BadAzz Longhorn - Brian Westbrook RB

(6) Mt. Bonnell Rocket Science - Tony Romo QB

(7) Team 5-0 - Steven Jackson RB

(8) Bone Crusher - Randy Moss WR

** (9) Moo Staché - Joseph Addai RB

(10) El Terminator - Terrell Owens WR

(11) Team Mass Destruction - Marion Barber RB

(12) Velaraptors The Velas - Reggie Wayne WR

(13) The Greatest Show On-line - Braylon Edwards WR

(14) Team holland - Drew Brees QB

Round: 2

(15) Team holland - Frank Gore RB

(16) The Greatest Show On-line - Ben Roethlisberger QB

(17) Velaraptors The Velas - Eli Manning QB

(18) Team Mass Destruction - Carson Palmer QB

(19) El Terminator - Derek Anderson QB

** (20) Moo Staché - Marshawn Lynch RB

(21) Bone Crusher - Matt Hasselbeck QB

(22) Team 5-0 - Clinton Portis RB

(23) Mt. Bonnell Rocket Science - Reggie Bush RB

(24) BadAzz Longhorn - Larry Fitzgerald WR

(25) The Visigoths - Ryan Grant RB

(26) FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH - Jay Cutler QB

(27) Team Night Rider - Larry Johnson RB

(28) Team Soju - Brett Favre QB

I think all are great backs, but here is my concern about SJAX.

#1: The passing game is shoddy in STL. That means more defenders in the box.

#2: Even Jackson has said in the past that due to his upright running style, he's hinted that his career most likely wont be a long one. Hmm.... Just signed a fat contract. You gotta wonder...

#3: Orlando Pace aint getting any younger.

#4: If Bulger goes down again (not unlikely), adios STL offense. And adios Jackson's work ethic. He'll just milk an injury. After all, does anyone really see the Rams making a playoff run?

In conclusion, with Rhodes back in the mix, I don't see Addai faltering down the stretch. Yeah, he may see a few less carries in weeks 1-12, but its worth it if he keeps going strong in the FF playoffs. And do you really think Peyton will play less than a minutes less than the team doctors will let him? Neither do I.

I'd take Addai over SJax just because the Rams are one injury away from a complete offensive implosion at several different positions. You want your first round pick to be the rock that you build your team around. SJax has the higher ceiling and the superior skillset, but the supporting cast makes Addai the better pick.

It's interesting to see how definitive people are about Addai "wearing down at the end of the season" when he's only been a full time starter for one year.

I think he could have played most of those snaps if the Colts weren't running away with the AFC South.

I'm more concerned with Rhodes stealing goal line carries. Not guessing whether Addai will be "worn down" at the end of the year.

MBIII vote here

although I would trade down to around 8 if I could, move up in the 2nd and stay in the 4th spot from then on

thats what I did last year, had Addai as my no 3 on the board, where I have Barber III currently but knew Addai would drop to 7 so I traded down, grabbed him and Mcgahee on the way back and slid back into my no 3 spot from then on

Last yr went

LT, Sjax, Manning, LJ, Brady, Bush, ADDAI

this yr I see my league going

LT, ADP, Westy,SJax, Brady,Addai, Moss, MBIII.

If I slide into 8th or even 9th or 10th I am happy with MB3, Portis or Lynch as my RB1 or any of the above mentioned that might have slipped

Last yr went

LT, Sjax, Manning, LJ, Brady, Bush, ADDAI

In our league Brady went 3.5 last year....You might have the only league where Brady went in the first round.

Can you have this owner call me before my draft ? :thumbsdown:

I need to know if it's Romo or Brees or Brady or Manning this year....and I have no idea.

I have to go SJax here, and MBIII before Addai. I think people are underestimating the impact Dominic Rhodes is going to have and Manning's injury. Manning had the same surgery Marvin Harrison had last year. Not saying I wouldn't draft Manning, but hands down if Manning isn't there.....that team is horrible.

The other is the arrival of Al Saunders and his offense. His teams have been top 5 in rushing attempts over the last 10 years. The Rams offense goes through Steven Jackson, and the Rams play in a bad division. While maybe not likely, it wouldn't surprise me if SJax was the #1 fantasy RB this year. It would surprise me more if he were healthy all year that he wasn't in the top 5.

I took Addai with my 9th pick in the first round. The first two rounds went as follows:

Some unconventional picks in my league....Manning # 2 WTF?

Round: 1

(1) Team Soju - Tom Brady QB

(2) Team Night Rider - Peyton Manning QB

(3) FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH - LaDainian Tomlinson RB

(4) The Visigoths - Adrian Peterson RB

(5) BadAzz Longhorn - Brian Westbrook RB

(6) Mt. Bonnell Rocket Science - Tony Romo QB

(7) Team 5-0 - Steven Jackson RB

(8) Bone Crusher - Randy Moss WR

** (9) Moo Staché - Joseph Addai RB

(10) El Terminator - Terrell Owens WR

(11) Team Mass Destruction - Marion Barber RB

(12) Velaraptors The Velas - Reggie Wayne WR

(13) The Greatest Show On-line - Braylon Edwards WR

(14) Team holland - Drew Brees QB

Round: 2

(15) Team holland - Frank Gore RB

(16) The Greatest Show On-line - Ben Roethlisberger QB

(17) Velaraptors The Velas - Eli Manning QB

(18) Team Mass Destruction - Carson Palmer QB

(19) El Terminator - Derek Anderson QB

** (20) Moo Staché - Marshawn Lynch RB

(21) Bone Crusher - Matt Hasselbeck QB

(22) Team 5-0 - Clinton Portis RB

(23) Mt. Bonnell Rocket Science - Reggie Bush RB

(24) BadAzz Longhorn - Larry Fitzgerald WR

(25) The Visigoths - Ryan Grant RB

(26) FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH - Jay Cutler QB

(27) Team Night Rider - Larry Johnson RB

(28) Team Soju - Brett Favre QB

Eleven QBs in 1 & 2 rounds?!!! If by unconventional you mean clueless then yeah, there were.

Eleven QBs in 1 & 2 rounds?!!! If by unconventional you mean clueless then yeah, there were.

Dude, don't make an ass of yourself. You don't know his scoring system. If it is a TD only league and start two QBs it makes sense.

I would say Jackson. He is a beats, plus he will be the center of the Rams offense with no else to challenge his carries. Addai has mush more weapons to get the ball and plays in a much tougher run defense division.

14 of our top 20 scoring leaders from last year were QBs. Unconventional, yes. Clueless, no! I ended up with Addai 9th and would have taken Brady over him without question. Last I checked he threw more TD's last year than any RB ran TD's and I could easily see that situation repeating itself. That goes for a lot of QB's vs RB's in leagues which give 6pts for all TD's. And when you can start two QB's it makes the draft all the more UNCONVENTIONAL.

14 of our top 20 scoring leaders from last year were QBs. Unconventional, yes. Clueless, no! I ended up with Addai 9th and would have taken Brady over him without question. Last I checked he threw more TD's last year than any RB ran TD's and I could easily see that situation repeating itself. That goes for a lot of QB's vs RB's in leagues which give 6pts for all TD's. And when you can start two QB's it makes the draft all the more UNCONVENTIONAL.

Then you really Shat the bed with Campbell and J. Russell as your QB duo!!!

I got Addai w/ the 6th pick (S.Jax went 4th and MBIII went 5th)

Damn it. I was all set on Barber at 4, but now I'm coming back around to Jackson. I think Barber is going to be very consistent, while Jackson has better huge game potential.

Dude, don't make an ass of yourself. You don't know his scoring system. If it is a TD only league and start two QBs it makes sense.

Guys, I made the assumption of just one starting QB based on your signature; only one QB listed in starting roster: :cry:

QB Jason Campbell

RB Joseph Addai

RB Marshawn Lynch

RB/WR Ricky Williams

WR Torry Holt

WR Laveranues Coles

OP JaMarcus Russell

TE Chris Cooley

D/ST Eagles

K Phil Dawson

Sooo, I was wrong but it might have been helpful listing two QBs in your sig. or give a hint as to what unorthodox scoring you're using.

Jackson pulling away with 11, to Addai's 7 and Barber's 6.... I guess we might be going with the high risk / high reward stance.

Polls close soon. Keep the votes coming...