Sign in to follow this  
deejsixer

Can you have two favorite teams?

As a true Cowboys AND Colts fan - I am actually beliving that Addai will be in the bigger "time-share" situation. Barber used to never touch the ball in the first half, and now as the starter he will obviously receive the bulk of the first half carries.

I agree with everything about this comment except for the fact that you are both a Cowboy and Colts fan. Real men pick sides. Good post, but seriously, a Colts AND Cowboys fan? I am a Yankee and Mets fan.

Not allowed to root for 2 teams?? I grew up watching Peyton Manning in college, and followed him into the NFL - and quickly became a serious Colts fan. My father was a longtime Cowboys fan, i mean DIEHARD fan...every Sunday ever since I was 8, if the Cowboys weren't nationally televised my father would take me to a sports bar to watch the game. Sorry that I actually have 2 teams that I like to root for...

No, your not allowed to root for 2 teams. Only women and retarded kids can root for 2 teams.

What do you all think of having 2 favorite teams?

You can't have two "favorite" teams, because the word favorite in the singular tense implies only one. You can't say my favorite food is pizza, tacos, burgers, pigs feet, and balut.

However you can say, I can't pick only one, because I have several favorites. Some of my favorites are pizza, tacos, burgers, pigs feet, and balut.

HTH

Are you an english proffesor? Thats the most legitamate answer to a question I've ever seen on this board!

Man up, pick a team, and ride or die.

deejsixer, thanks for giving me a signature line for this season.

Are you an english proffesor? Thats the most legitamate answer to a question I've ever seen on this board!

Lol, no I'm not an English professor. I just thought I'd give you a legitimate answer. Arguing semantics is pointless, when the answer is already in the context.

ETA: Your friend has a gaping vagina. :pointstosky:

I don't think you can have 2 favorite teams. You can have 2 teams you like, 2 teams you root for, 2 teams you want to see make the Superbowl, whatever, but having 2 favorite teams is dumb. And I can't tell if it's you or your friend who likes both the Colts AND the Cowboys, but I hate both those teams with a bloody passion, so I hate one of you. I just don't know who :thumbsdown:

You hate us both. I am a Cowboy fan. He is a Fan of both the Cowboys and the Colts.

I have a friend who claims the Yankees, Red Sox, and Mets as his favorite MLB teams. His favorite NFL teams are the Patriots, Giants, Jets, and Eagles. He claims it's because he's from the east coast and roots for them all.

He wonders why he give him a lot of crap for liking those teams as his favorites. :dunno:

As a true Cowboys AND Colts fan - I am actually beliving that Addai will be in the bigger "time-share" situation. Barber used to never touch the ball in the first half, and now as the starter he will obviously receive the bulk of the first half carries.

I agree with everything about this comment except for the fact that you are both a Cowboy and Colts fan. Real men pick sides. Good post, but seriously, a Colts AND Cowboys fan? I am a Yankee and Mets fan.

Not allowed to root for 2 teams?? I grew up watching Peyton Manning in college, and followed him into the NFL - and quickly became a serious Colts fan. My father was a longtime Cowboys fan, i mean DIEHARD fan...every Sunday ever since I was 8, if the Cowboys weren't nationally televised my father would take me to a sports bar to watch the game. Sorry that I actually have 2 teams that I like to root for...

No, your not allowed to root for 2 teams. Only women and retarded kids can root for 2 teams.

I say fvck em and do whatever you like.

Do you really care what some lapper say's to you?

Don't waste you time..........

I have a friend who claims the Yankees, Red Sox, and Mets as his favorite MLB teams.

Is your friend Rudi Guiliani?

You are a sissy Mary, a real cornball fruit, an entitled whiny faggity dummy living in today's Entitlement Generation to root for more than one team. There are winners and losers. Every team doesn't finish 8-8 and everybody gets a focking trophy. Pick a team and grieve along with the other fans of the 30 teams that lost. Not one of these swishy "Oh, one of my 20 favorite teams won the Superbowl. I'm going to dress up pretty and try to pick up a transvestite to celebrate!!!1"

You are a sissy Mary, a real cornball fruit, an entitled whiny faggity dummy living in today's Entitlement Generation to root for more than one team. There are winners and losers. Every team doesn't finish 8-8 and everybody gets a focking trophy. Pick a team and grieve along with the other fans of the 30 teams that lost. Not one of these swishy "Oh, one of my 20 favorite teams won the Superbowl. I'm going to dress up pretty and try to pick up a transvestite to celebrate!!!1"

Phillybear, bringing sushine to the bored...one post at a time...

:rolleyes:

Phillybear, bringing sushine to the bored...one post at a time...

Do you have any idea how hard it is to be me, and post on the PG rated Main Bored rather than the Geek Bored? I lost count how many words I filtered out with kinder, gentler replacements. I feel unclean.

Get off the pot or shite already. You CAN NOT be a Yankee and a Met fan. That's like saying you root for the Raiders and Chiefs, or the Cowboys and Redskins. I call bullshite on this.

AS far as "Favorite teams" go I grew up in Baltimore a Dallas Cowboy fan for some reason ( heart broken after " the catch " even though I was onlt 8 at the time ). Moved aroud alot - Houston , Oyster Bay LI , Vegas , College in Lexington KY , now Chicago - never really had a set favorite I like the Cowboys in the NFC and New England in the AFC - I guess I am am a bandwaggoneer ( even though i liked both teams before they were great ) - thats why FF is great for me I don't have to root for teams I root for players instead. In the playoffs I play in a betting pool so i root for who I bet on - works out fairly decent. :thumbsup:

It's doable . . . to a point.

When I met my father-in-law, I discovered he was a Patriots and a Cowboys fan, and would taunt me with either, given the chance. But I think he's always been a bigger Patriots fan than anything else. The Cowboys probably just were adopted to ease the decades of heartbreak.

He can like the Colts and the Cowboys . . . reality is, only of them is his favorite, and you'll best know that when they are competing against each other.

I pull for 2 teams EVERY WEEK.

The Redskins ...

and whoever plays the Cowbabies! :overhead:

I'm a Packer fan first and foremost, going back to the Majikowski days.

But the year I really got into NFL football was the year the Bengals went to the Superbowl, and I followed them all the way there. My dad was a 49ers fan, so it made for a memorable season. So, despite how crappy they are, I always root for the Bengals too. Fortunately, since their in different conferences it rarely creates a conflict. But usually after finishing a season of Madden with the Packers, my next season will be with the Bengals. I don't see anything wrong with cheering for more than one team. How can someone else tell you who you should cheer for, just because it's what they consider right?

I pull for 2 teams EVERY WEEK.

The Redskins ...

and whoever plays the Cowbabies! :thumbsdown:

:pointstosky:

if both the two teams met in the SB/World series...etc. - who would you vote for? thats your true team!

Colts and Cowboys I understand. Yankees and Mets.... :music_guitarred: .

I used to think you can have one team only. Thing is, you can like a player and not like the team. I dont like the Vikes but loved Moss when he was there and love ADP now. I liked Favre but not the Pack.

I think if you live in an area that doesnt rival your own first team, than by all means root for the team.