Sign in to follow this  
Bouve

Dirty move or am I a smart owner?

Guy I am playing this week has Romo and Warner at QB. Obviously Warner is on the bye and Romo will serve as 3rd string. This morning I decided to add/drop every other remaining starting QB in the league so he has no other options for this week.

Was it a smart move or should I be ashamed?

I think you should give him a fair option to beat you. Do you need a win that bad? I always think fantasy should be played legit.

Guy I am playing this week has Romo and Warner at QB. Obviously Warner is on the bye and Romo will serve as 3rd string. This morning I decided to add/drop every other remaining starting QB in the league so he has no other options for this week.

If you HAVE to ask, as my mother used to tell me, you already KNOW the answer. :thumbsdown:

We had an owner that would pickup like 5 defenses before a game to make sure the guy he was playing couldn't get one. We changed the rules to make that impossible and named it after the SOB. It's really bush league. :thumbsdown:

Anytime a player is added and dropped in the same week he should be available to be picked up, all the leagues I'm in have this option to avoid crap like this.

This is a flaw in your league. Every league should have either a $$ associated with each drop/add, or a limit on how many each owner can do. Would you have done the same thing if it cost $5 for every drop/add you just did?

You didn't cheat and you're trying to give your team the best competitive advantage. But an owner should not be able to do what you just did--your league needs to fix that.

You already knew it was unethical before you asked.

Churning should be covered by league rules, but dumb azz leagues don't consider it because they fail to realize their league has a putz like you.

This is a flaw in your league. Every league should have either a $$ associated with each drop/add, or a limit on how many each owner can do. Would you have done the same thing if it cost $5 for every drop/add you just did?

You didn't cheat and you're trying to give your team the best competitive advantage. But an owner should not be able to do what you just did--your league needs to fix that.

This is the correct answer.

Because of azz moves like this, I believe Yahoo changed their own default settings to where if a player is added and then dropped quickly, they go right back to free agent status and not waivers. I think an added player now needs to be kept a day before they become a waiver when dropped.

I like the change as it stops (Vermeils) from moves like this.

:music_guitarred:

I agree, it is a cheap move. However the other owner had all week, why did he wait until saturday or sunday to get a QB. If it was a competitive league he would of been on the waivers to grab one at the beginning of the week(or whenever waivers are run in your league).

Why would he (or she) wait all week before picking a viable QB for the week? Perhaps the owner has been attempting to make a trade prior to the start of this week's games.

I'm not going to be in the majority on my answer to this one...

If the league allows it, then no one should be upset if you do it.

(I probably would have emailed the other owner earlier in the week and let him/her know that I planned on 'churning' the available QB's on Sunday morning if he/she didn't make a decision/acquisition by then.)

Good luck!

Why would he (or she) wait all week before picking a viable QB for the week? Perhaps the owner has been attempting to make a trade prior to the start of this week's games.

I'm not going to be in the majority on my answer to this one...

If the league allows it, then no one should be upset if you do it.

(I probably would have emailed the other owner earlier in the week and let him/her know that I planned on 'churning' the available QB's on Sunday morning if he/she didn't make a decision/acquisition by then.)

Good luck!

Perhaps he did not want to make a drop until he really knew Romo would be out.

I have held on all week to a few guys and had no kicker until this morning so I knew whether Parker was playing or not and I would start Moore...same with a TE for Winslow.

I often wait til the last minute if possible if there are plenty of guys available at that position.

You are a complete AZZ and bush... You need to be removed from that and all Leagues. You win the AZZ of the year award, congrats

Yeah, that's sh!tty. In our league, if you pick a player up within 48 hours of kickoff, you can't drop them until the following week.

Douche move. The commish should let the other palyer know he weill manually give him the QB he wants to pick up. Thats the same as sneaking into the opposing baseball players team and hiding all there bat and gloves so they cant play. it not illegal but not done becasue its unethical and baseball commisher wouldnt allow it. Some leagues the guys would boot ya for this. Also leaves a stigma on you for ever. Forever known as a docuhe and unethical player. and not to mention how you feel after you win after pulling something liek this. Somethimes in life its not win at all cost . Never sell your soul to win.

:banana:

Only crap leagues allow this type of thing. If I was the commish I would give you a forfeit loss for the game this week and call you out on the league message board. I would also not invite you back the following year.

Only crap leagues allow this type of thing. If I was the commish I would give you a forfeit loss for the game this week and call you out on the league message board. I would also not invite you back the following year.

:wall: :wub:

This guy is a focking joke. Can't beleive ANYONE would want such a tard in their league.

This is exactly why leagues should charge for pickups.

:wall:

This is exactly why leagues should charge for pickups.

:wall:

That is one way to prevent it. Another way(among others) is to not have D-bag owners.

I've always hated judging morality on "unwriten" rules. If your league has no rule against it, its all fair game.

You took some risk by dropping players that you will probably lose to another team and your bumped to the bottom of the WW priority.

no rule against it......... its fair!

If your league feels strongly against it, have a new rule put into effect.

BUSH move!!! Arent the guys in your league friends? I know its for money but really? Id b pi$$ed. I know I waited til end of week to get a qb because I was waiting to see the status of Romo, obviously if he was playing then BJ wouldnt be picked up, so thats just another reason the owner may have waited. Stuff like this really pisses me off.

I'll take the otherside of this one...

Is it dirty? Sure...but the rules are the same for both teams, and your opponent chose to not cover his a$$ by having a "just in-case QB" when his starter was extreeeeeeeeemly questionable. (BTW, just to pile on, the choice not to have a 2nd QB to protect yourself comes with benefits and the opponent freely chose those benefits over the risks that just bit him).

Stupid rule, but 100% legal and ligit since everyone agreed to the stupid rule to begin with.

That said, you're also a complete douche for taking advantage of it and if you did it in my league, I wouldn't walk across the street to pi$$ on you if you were on fire, but the opponent has nothing to b!tch about.

• You don't owe him any quarter, and he shouldn't expect any.
  • You didn't break any rule, and he agreed to the rules before the season.
  • You had no advantage that he also didn't have.
  • He made a choice and gained a value from that choice, even though he now regrets it.

To all of you aghast and offened by such a display...get a dress Sally, this isn't t-ball and the coach doesn't start everyone just to be fair.

I'll take the otherside of this one...

Is it dirty? Sure...but the rules are the same for both teams, and your opponent chose to not cover his a$ by having a "just in-case QB" when his starter was extreeeeeeeeemly questionable. (BTW, just to pile on, the choice not to have a 2nd QB to protect yourself comes with benefits and the opponent freely chose those benefits over the risks that just bit him).

Stupid rule, but 100% legal and ligit since everyone agreed to the stupid rule to begin with.

That said, you're also a complete douche for taking advantage of it and if you did it in my league, I wouldn't walk across the street to pi$ on you if you were on fire, but the opponent has nothing to b!tch about.

• You don't owe him any quarter, and he shouldn't expect any.
  • You didn't break any rule, and he agreed to the rules before the season.
  • You had no advantage that he also didn't have.
  • He made a choice and gained a value from that choice, even though he now regrets it.

To all of you aghast and offened by such a display...get a dress Sally, this isn't t-ball and the coach doesn't start everyone just to be fair.

Problem is nobody was really arguing that it was unfair. HTH

Problem is nobody was really arguing that it was unfair. HTH

Ummm....well other than:

I think you should give him a fair option to beat you. Do you need a win that bad? I always think fantasy should be played legit.

HTH...thanks for adding value to the debate :doh:

theres been numerous threads on this topic and the answer is BUSH

if you have the roster space and want to add 1 or even a few of his possible QB options from the waiver and keep them on your team then sure, they are your roster spots to do with as you see fit but what YOU did was take advantage of the waiver system.

I would throw you out of my league with no refund

Ummm....well other than:

HTH...thanks for adding value to the debate :doh:

Did you miss the other 30 posts or something??? This thread was overwhelmingly D-bag/Bush move, not that it was unfair. :banana:

There is nothing wrong with this. He shouldn't have waited so long in the week to add a QB.

The way I see it you took advantage of an owner procrastinating. It's every bit as ethical as trying to take advantage of an owner selling high and buying low.

Did you miss the other 30 posts or something??? This thread was overwhelmingly D-bag/Bush move, not that it was unfair. <_<

Did you miss the >100 words I wrote that not only didn't include the word "fair", but also didn't imply fairness was at issue? The post was overwhelmingly about it was both a Douche move and completely allowable...but way to pick one nit and ignore the intent. Again, stuff like that adds great value :wall: