Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

Teixeira to Yankees

Buster Olney is reporting it.

They've signed guys now to what? Half a billion this off season?

Hate the Yankees but must admit it's funny that they just don't give a fock and will spend whatever. And it's funny that half the motivation here is probably just to stick it to the Red Sox.

lot of good the new billion dollar stadium will do with the upcoming lockout....

This is why baseball blows.

Its not because it gives them the advantage of having these guys and it means they will be great.

Teams like the Yankees have the advantage in that they can spend this kind of money for these kind of years (though, this one may actually be worth it)...and if the guy does not pan out...its not a big deal.

If the smaller teams like KC or Milwaukee sign Sabathia to that type of deal...and he fizzles after 2 years...they are screwed over the rest of that contract.

The Yankees and other high $$$ teams simply have the advantage of the deep wallets that can absorb any bad contract without setting the team back multiple years.

That stupid motherfocker. Fock him. What, $160,000,000 with a quality organization like the Angels wasnt good enough for him? Fock him, I will prey he fails

That stupid motherfocker. Fock him. What, $160,000,000 with a quality organization like the Angels wasnt good enough for him? Fock him, I will prey he fails

The Angels got him for nothing because everyone knew he was becoming a free agent at the end of the year. He was only there for a half year. Its not like he owed the Angels any loyalty.

It's better than signing Manny. Thank the Good Lord they didn't sign him.

I hope they still sign Manny. Could happen.

1B - Teixeira

2B - Cano

3B - ARod

SS - Jeter

RF - Manny

CF - Damon

LF - Nady

C - Posada

DH - Matsui

They could contend with that lineup! :unsure: :unsure:

1B - Teixeira

2B - Cano

3B - ARod

SS - Jeter

RF - Manny

CF - Damon

LF - Nady

C - Posada

DH - Matsui

They could contend with that lineup! :thumbsdown: :D

Most of those guys (Damon, Jeter, Godzilla to name a few) are on the downside of their careers...here's to hoping they all catch the aids :wacko:

Angels are going to sign Manny. They're the only team out there saying "We're not even considering signing him." This seems to be the new standard of bluffing the competition.

alsoitsgay

Most of those guys (Damon, Jeter, Godzilla to name a few) are on the downside of their careers...here's to hoping they all catch the aids :wacko:

Doesn't matter. The Yankees will simply find the best CF, SS, and DH in baseball and sign those guys next!

When do BJ Upton, Hanley Ramirez, and Joe Mauer come free? :thumbsdown: :D

Sidenote, Yankees now have the 4 highest paid players in baseball. USA! USA!

1B - Teixeira

2B - Cano

3B - ARod

SS - Jeter

RF - Manny

CF - Damon

LF - Nady

C - Posada

DH - Matsui

They could contend with that lineup! :thumbsdown: :D

Isn't Posada like 40 now?

CC Sabathia will sit on a wall, CC Sabathia will take a great fall. Fat fock. AJ Burnett will be injured by week 10-12 and the Rays will win the division again :thumbsdown:

I hope the Angels do sign Manny and he ends up buying into the Angels team first style of play and they, again, pwn the Yanks.

Dumping the contracts of Mussina, Pettite, and Giambi freed up a ton of money. No big deal. Just business as usual.

They were third in their division last year. God Bless the organization for spending some money to try to bring a winner back to its fans.

I just wish my team (Oakland) had more money. At least there's talk of them signing Giambi. That and Matt Holiday will make them better, I suppose.

Dumping the contracts of Mussina, Pettite, and Giambi freed up a ton of money. No big deal. Just business as usual.

They were third in their division last year. God Bless the organization for spending some money to try to bring a winner back to its fans.

I just wish my team (Oakland) had more money. At least there's talk of them signing Giambi. That and Matt Holiday will make them better, I suppose.

God Bless the organization? fock the organization...george is drooling and senile and they are making him sign checks that he cant even read...they are killing baseball...someone should tip his wheelchair over...and when can we stop talking about how good brian cashman is? he and epstein have the easiest gigs in sports....

so no..not god bless the yankees....

god bless wellington mara...the owner of the giants who had a chance to do what the yankees do..he said no...spread the wealth...leagues only as strong as the weakest team...every team in the nfl can compete..i dont care of the lions are 0-15..they have the chance to compete...

10 teams in baseball do not...i hope the upper deck at yankee stadium falls 2 months before it opens..(with no one around, of course)....kill the opener...

Angels are going to sign Manny. They're the only team out there saying "We're not even considering signing him." This seems to be the new standard of bluffing the competition.

alsoitsgay

If we sign Manny, I'll walk away. Fock that idiot and his retarded hair. I'd rather be a mediocre team in a mediocre division, than sell my soul to that pos.

alsofockmarkteixiera. sell out.

Rumor has it the Red Sox are waiting for Mauer to become a FA in 2011 or 12.

I watched a lot of Red Sox baseball on NESN while there and then last year on mlb.tv I was watching the Dodgers playing somebody and on a shot to the gap Manny actually beat Kemp to a ball. They showed the replay a coupla times and I couldn't believe how fast he was running. I'd watched him loaf in Boston for so long I forgot he could run.

Unfortunetly that proved to me he was hotdogging for the Sox and they were right to trade his greedy azz.

Fock Manny and fock that greedy Tex.

I'm getting really tired of the Boras' schtick.

There is one simple way to fix this problem.

Every major league team but the Yankees REFUSES to deal with Scott Boras.

I want to know HOW they plan to fill the stadium. Really - is New York exempt from economic difficulty? They will likely bump prices and then how the hell do they plan to pay for these guys - and still shell-out the luxury tax?

If the Yankees have half a billion dollars to throw around like this to every free agent then why is the new stadium being funded partly by taxpayers?

I want to know HOW they plan to fill the stadium. Really - is New York exempt from economic difficulty? They will likely bump prices and then how the hell do they plan to pay for these guys - and still shell-out the luxury tax?

It's a city of 8 million. Hell, if the economy literally murdered HALF of the city, the population would be 4 million which would still be the largest city in the USA.

It's a city of 8 million. Hell, if the economy literally murdered HALF of the city, the population would be 4 million which would still be the largest city in the USA.

It has nothing to do with population and everything to do with 81 games a year and probably being one of the most expensive tickets.

It has nothing to do with population and everything to do with 81 games a year and probably being one of the most expensive tickets.

Regardless of ticket prices, economy, etc....Having a larger population increases your chances of finding someone willing and able to pay the ticket price.

I don't even think that can be debated.

The Yankees will do well as far as attendance goes in the new stadium. That's something I feel confident in saying.

It's so funny to see so many Yankee haters and it's sad they just hate because they are jealous. Win or lose, it's AWESOME being a Yankee fan. You are all just jealous that your team is missing out on signing these guys and the Yankees are seeming to get everyone. SUCK IT! MAUAHAHHAHAHAHA!

It's so funny to see so many Yankee haters and it's sad they just hate because they are jealous. Win or lose, it's AWESOME being a Yankee fan. You are all just jealous that your team is missing out on signing these guys and the Yankees are seeming to get everyone. SUCK IT! MAUAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Yup, we're jealous they haven't won this decade and have spent over 1.5 billion in salary :dunno:

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH B)

Yup, we're jealous they haven't won this decade and have spent over 1.5 billion in salary :first:

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :thumbsdown:

The Red Sox are actually the only fan base who isn't jealous, because their ownership writes similar checks and willingly overpays for players, as well. Anytime a big name guy hits the market, here's a 40% chance the Yankees get him, a 40% chance the Red Sox get him, and a 20% chance someone else gets him.

The Red Sox are actually the only fan base who isn't jealous, because their ownership writes similar checks and willingly overpays for players, as well. Anytime a big name guy hits the market, here's a 40% chance the Yankees get him, a 40% chance the Red Sox get him, and a 20% chance someone else gets him.

Name a major leaguer that was a free agent, that the red sox and yankees both bid for and the red sox got? DiceK? Nope, sorry, because that was a blind bid and the Yankees couldn't pay more than the sox, because they didn't know what the Sox were offering.

Whenever the 2 teams are going for the same guy, the Yankees ALWAYS bid more. When the Red Sox sign a big free agent, it's because the Yankees aren't interested.

Mussina? Yankees

Damon? Yankees

Bernie Williams? Yankees

Texiera? Yankees

CC? Yankees

Burnett? Yankees

Arod? Yankees

Pavano? Yankees

Giambi? Yankees.

So much for your 40% theory :thumbsdown:

NewbieJr. bringing the clueless to yet another thread. :first:

Name a major leaguer that was a free agent, that the red sox and yankees both bid for and the red sox got? DiceK? Nope, sorry, because that was a blind bid and the Yankees couldn't pay more than the sox, because they didn't know what the Sox were offering.

Whenever the 2 teams are going for the same guy, the Yankees ALWAYS bid more. When the Red Sox sign a big free agent, it's because the Yankees aren't interested.

Mussina? Yankees

Damon? Yankees

Bernie Williams? Yankees

Texiera? Yankees

CC? Yankees

Burnett? Yankees

Arod? Yankees

Pavano? Yankees

Giambi? Yankees.

So much for your 40% theory :unsure:

NewbieJr. bringing the clueless to yet another thread. :overhead:

Pathetic, dude. :thumbsdown:

You know that the Yanks and Sox get all teh good free agents. Stop trying to seperate the two just because you want to point out baseball's injustice by using the Yanks as an example.

If you were an A's or Royals fan, you'd have a right to ######. As it is, you need to keep your pie hole shut. :lol:

40% ? :banana:

If the Yankees have half a billion dollars to throw around like this to every free agent then why is the new stadium being funded partly by taxpayers?

the yankees spent more on cc, tex and burnett than half the league will on their entire payroll...

the league needs to share pro shop and tv revenue like the nfl does...bottom line...the sox will still be competitive..but you need a strong league...its not a strong league...

all of that money to these 3 guys and they still asked the brewers to help pay for some of camerons 10 million dollar salary..i dont blame doug melvin for kicking georges wheelchair over and telling him to get bent...

The Yankees are sooo last century.

The last time they have even won a playoff series was 2004. Think about that the next time you imagine anyone is "jealous".

Pathetic, dude. <_<

You know that the Yanks and Sox get all teh good free agents. Stop trying to seperate the two just because you want to point out baseball's injustice by using the Yanks as an example.

If you were an A's or Royals fan, you'd have a right to ######. As it is, you need to keep your pie hole shut. :pointstosky:

Nice. Way to avoid the facts and spew more idiocy <_<

Nice. Way to avoid the facts and spew more idiocy :pointstosky:

Manny Ramirez, Dice K, Edgar Renteria, Julio Lugo, Josh Beckett, Curt Shilling............

Some of those guys may have 'technically' been acquired via trade, but a team can only make those trades if they know they can sign the guys. That leaves, the Sox, Yanks, maybe Chicago, or Los Angeles.

As for guys like Lugo and Renteria, the Sox (along with teh Yanks) are teh only teams with enough resources to grab marginal free agents in teh $40 Million dollar range who are considered gambles.

Dude, I'm not going to defend baseball's decision to allow the rich teams to keep getting richer, but you know as well as i do that the Sox are public enemy number two when it comes to throwing free agent money around. You're just whining because the Yanks are getting teh top guys this year. If it wasn't for all the money they've been able to unload, they wouldn't be able to do it.

In baseball economics, it is:

Yankees/Red Sox

Angels, Dodgers, Cubs

Everyone else.

so jealous of you and the other so-called fans selling all of their tix last year? i went to 2 games in a weekend last year...every season ticket holder was selling them for under face....

pinstriped bandwagon :unsure: