Sign in to follow this  
heavy-set

Beers that Coors light is better than

once a week, i will taste test a beer vs. coors light.

so far, its coors light 2-0

Labatts

Sam Adams light

:(

Coors Light > all other beahz

You guys are absolutely dumb......

I cannot fathom how someone can say Coors Light is a good beer.

Coors light has minimal if any taste. It's not a "good" beer, but for people who never properly acquired a taste for beer I can see why they THINK it is. This thread could easily be titled "beers that tap water is better than" and have the same content.

i never said it was a good beer.

only that is was better than sam adams light and labatts

i never said it was a good beer.

only that is was better than sam adams light and labatts

Yet you drink it at least once a week......

I can't debate the Sam Adams light, because I have never had it. But there is NO WAY it is better than Labatts. NO WAY

Coors light has half the alcohol of most American beers. It's a bit more gay than Zima, wine coolers, and non-alcoholic beer.

The American military stopped using water in waterboarding prisoners and started using Coors Light because they didn't want to waste the water.

I can't debate the Sam Adams light, because I have never had it. But there is NO WAY it is better than Labatts. NO WAY

To heavy-set it is, and that is all that really matters. :(

Coors light has half the alcohol of most American beers. It's a bit more gay than Zima, wine coolers, and non-alcoholic beer.

In Oct. 2008, MillerCoors LLC announced it will discontinue the clear malt beverage Zima, introduced by Coors Brewing Co. in 1992, due to "challenging alternative segment sales and declining consumer interest." Production of Zima ceased Oct. 10 with remaining orders to be filled on a first-come, first-served basis using available inventory. The last orders are expected to be filled in December. MillerCoors is asking distributors to replace Zima on store shelves with its Sparks malt beverage brand.

In other words, a beer comparison for/by people who don't really like beer....BRILLIANT!!!

But there is NO WAY it is better than Labatts. NO WAY

:dunno:

acreeed

beats the other ###### we drink in college like the beast, natty light, and busch light and miller light. :overhead:

In other words, a beer comparison for/by people who don't really like beer....BRILLIANT!!!

no

a taste test to see if there is anohter liquid on the planet earth better than coors light

Labatts

Sam Adams light

Ok, I demand you try Pabst Blue Ribbon vs. Coors Light.

Agreed.

Ok, I demand you try Pabst Blue Ribbon vs. Coors Light.

Pabst is better becuase of price. Sometimes I want a beer that is light and watery, I managed a brew pub and I know good beer. I have sampled dozens, if not hundreds. If I am going to drink a bunch, Coors Light is a good option. Water is one of the 4 necessary ingredients of beer and Rocky Mountain water is some of the best I have ever had. At My parents place in the mountains of Colorado, I can't wait to drink the well water from the faucet, naturally cold and tastes damn good. Miller Lite sux, I don't see Coors Light on tap too much, mostly Bud light, so that's what I usually get if I am going to have a few, if just a couple I drink something with more taste and body. But I agree with the 2-0 score, Sam Adams is waaaaay overrated, all their beers are too hoppy, I personally am not too big on hops. If you go with Pabst next my personal score would be 2-1 so far, but only if price is in your criteria, which it should be.

:thumbsdown:

Pabst is better becuase of price. Sometimes I want a beer that is light and watery, I managed a brew pub and I know good beer. I have sampled dozens, if not hundreds. If I am going to drink a bunch, Coors Light is a good option. Water is one of the 4 necessary ingredients of beer and Rocky Mountain water is some of the best I have ever had. At My parents place in the mountains of Colorado, I can't wait to drink the well water from the faucet, naturally cold and tastes damn good. Miller Lite sux, I don't see Coors Light on tap too much, mostly Bud light, so that's what I usually get if I am going to have a few, if just a couple I drink something with more taste and body. But I agree with the 2-0 score, Sam Adams is waaaaay overrated, all their beers are too hoppy, I personally am not too big on hops. If you go with Pabst next my personal score would be 2-1 so far, but only if price is in your criteria, which it should be.

Well that 'splains it. If you look forward to drinking well water, then who can argue the need for Coors light? Makes sense to me.

coors light is better than heinekin.

coors light is not better than coors.

coors light is better than any beer with hops.

coors light is not better than the german pilsners...warsteiner, bitteburger, paulaner.

coors light is better than any of the sam adams line.

coors light is the 7&7 of beers... :cry:

I don't post here too much, but felt compelled to add my 2 cents here.......if you are drinking beer, and you choose a light beer so you can drink more = FAIL.

If you can't handle drinking regular beer, then move over to some fruity drink. I drink beer because I like the taste, and only drink good beers.' All light beers suck, as do all beers named Coors, Miller and Bud. Sam Adams has some decent beers (but not all).......try a nice German or Danish beer, and if you can't handle more than a couple, at least you'll have tasted a nice flavor, and you'll probably have a buzz anyway if you are only used to light beers. As a European, I find it amazing how much bad beer some Americans are willing to drink. I'd rather drink water or a soda to this swill.

I don't post here too much, but felt compelled to add my 2 cents here.......if you are drinking beer, and you choose a light beer so you can drink more = FAIL.

If you can't handle drinking regular beer, then move over to some fruity drink. I drink beer because I like the taste, and only drink good beers.' All light beers suck, as do all beers named Coors, Miller and Bud. Sam Adams has some decent beers (but not all).......try a nice German or Danish beer, and if you can't handle more than a couple, at least you'll have tasted a nice flavor, and you'll probably have a buzz anyway if you are only used to light beers. As a European, I find it amazing how much bad beer some Americans are willing to drink. I'd rather drink water or a soda to this swill.

Oh please. Some of the more popular beers in Europe are named Bud and Miller. I drink a LOT of different beers from all over the world, and I certainly appreciate the taste of a good Beer, but please get off your high horse.

:overhead: :lol:

Is there a beer worse than Pabst?

Well that 'splains it. If you look forward to drinking well water, then who can argue the need for Coors light? Makes sense to me.

too bad you just don't know sparky.

:headbanger:

In my bartending days, most popular foreigner beer orders

1. Budweiser

2. Dos XX

My guess was that you drink the beer from the country you are in or close to, Austin is fairly close to Mexico. I never really asked their sorry arses why they were drinking Budweiser, because most them didn't tip and I wanted them to be out of my life as soon as possible.

Don't be some eurotrash punk like you know somethin...

:headbanger:

Oh please. Some of the more popular beers in Europe are named Bud and Miller. I drink a LOT of different beers from all over the world, and I certainly appreciate the taste of a good Beer, but please get off your high horse.

The real Budweiser is a very popular European beer.....but no-one who enjoys beer thinks that Bud and Miller are good beers. By the way - not on a high horse....I just simply think that Bud and Coors lite are crap, and I'd rather not have one. If I want a beer, I'll get a decent beer, and invite everyone else to do the same rather than drink that swill.

In my bartending days, most popular foreigner beer orders

1. Budweiser

2. Dos XX

My guess was that you drink the beer from the country you are in or close to, Austin is fairly close to Mexico. I never really asked their sorry arses why they were drinking Budweiser, because most them didn't tip and I wanted them to be out of my life as soon as possible.

Don't be some eurotrash punk like you know somethin...

:overhead:

Most foreigners will try the "local" beers when in the States. Bud is probably the most well-known brand because of all the advertising money they spend in Europe. Dos XXX I can also see if you are in Texas. By the way, I rate Dos XXX miles ahead of any Budweiser product.

As for drinking beer from the country I am from or are close to - wrong. I've lived in the States for the last 15 years, and the beer I enjoy the most comes from countries I have not lived in, or lived close to. I simply like trying new beers from around the world, and will not drink anything that tastes like crap simply to drink a beer, or a lot of beers. I actually enjoy beer for what it is, and do not drink it to get drunk.

Also, how about you get off your high horse - just because you've bartended, it doesn't mean you know good beer. In the same way, drinking a 6-pack a night does not qualify you to know what a good beer is. If you enjoy drinking piss, go right ahead. Take a survey of people around the world, and you'll not find an American beer in the top 10 beers of the world. So yeah, I think I do know a little something about good beer, and if you think Bud or Coors light is good beer, have fun with it. But don't insult me or Europeans simply because we make and enjoy the best beer in the world.

i prefer coors to bud, miller, and the others in the same category, but will only drink it on a hot day or after a shift. there are plenty of good american biers, but i think a lot of am. breweries confuse more hops=better bier. my american breweries of choice are new belgium, avery, stone, and ommegang. unibroue does a very nice job from canada. negro modelo and pacifico work for me from messico (i treat corona like coors lght.... prob like it more)...

but, imo, the best bier comes out of belgium and german.

OMG, i can't believe how complicated drinking beer is. Can't we all just crack open our beer of choice and watch a good football game or something? From what i have observed, no one has the same taste in beer. Some people think fancy-pants beer from Euro or Russia that are "made to perfection" taste like absolute crap, and prefer something like Coors light to any imported ale that no one knows how to pronounce. It's just how people are. Like George Costanza, i would take a big, plastic 2 liter of Pepsi to any bottle of wine any day, sometimes more expensive and fancy doesn't equal better tasting, in fact i think it rarely does.

Me? I have become partial to Bud Ice for some reason, tried it at a party, and compared to the Busch lite and Miller lite they had, it was actually pretty damn good. Then i tried it in bottles, wow, i actually liked the taste of beer for the first time! So i will take Bud over Coors, Miller, Busch, ect. I have never had one of those imported ales, when i turn 21 i want to try a bunch of new beers. Instead of getting sh1tfaced drunk(which will happen anyways) i really want to try all these kinds of beers i can't pronounce that "Expert beer drinkers" claim are the best beers in the world.

So far, the only beer that the "experts" consider to be of good quality i have tried is Oberon. It's a seasonal local beer made in Kalamazoo i think that everyone swares by. Tried it, tasted like ass, switched back to good ol Bud Ice and had a good time. I was told you have to "Sip it slowly to get the good taste of it". Ok, i really don't like to have to sip a beer slowly to make it taste good...

OMG, i can't believe how complicated drinking beer is. Can't we all just crack open our beer of choice and watch a good football game or something? From what i have observed, no one has the same taste in beer. Some people think fancy-pants beer from Euro or Russia that are "made to perfection" taste like absolute crap, and prefer something like Coors light to any imported ale that no one knows how to pronounce. It's just how people are. Like George Costanza, i would take a big, plastic 2 liter of Pepsi to any bottle of wine any day, sometimes more expensive and fancy doesn't equal better tasting, in fact i think it rarely does.

Me? I have become partial to Bud Ice for some reason, tried it at a party, and compared to the Busch lite and Miller lite they had, it was actually pretty damn good. Then i tried it in bottles, wow, i actually liked the taste of beer for the first time! So i will take Bud over Coors, Miller, Busch, ect. I have never had one of those imported ales, when i turn 21 i want to try a bunch of new beers. Instead of getting sh1tfaced drunk(which will happen anyways) i really want to try all these kinds of beers i can't pronounce that "Expert beer drinkers" claim are the best beers in the world.

So far, the only beer that the "experts" consider to be of good quality i have tried is Oberon. It's a seasonal local beer made in Kalamazoo i think that everyone swares by. Tried it, tasted like ass, switched back to good ol Bud Ice and had a good time. I was told you have to "Sip it slowly to get the good taste of it". Ok, i really don't like to have to sip a beer slowly to make it taste good...

Werds..werds..werds :bandana:

Do you still sport the wet T-shirt look? :thumbsdown:

Also, how about you get off your high horse - just because you've bartended, it doesn't mean you know good beer. In the same way, drinking a 6-pack a night does not qualify you to know what a good beer is. If you enjoy drinking piss, go right ahead. Take a survey of people around the world, and you'll not find an American beer in the top 10 beers of the world. So yeah, I think I do know a little something about good beer, and if you think Bud or Coors light is good beer, have fun with it. But don't insult me or Europeans simply because we make and enjoy the best beer in the world.

I know beer because, as I have said in a previous post, I have tried hundreds and managed a brew pub, where we made our own beer, the beer we made I would happily put it next to any eurotrash beer and make my case. I have no respect for any euro opinion, zero, so you can brag about where you are from but it don't mean anything. I used my bartending as an example of I know what people order, pay attention sparky.

Now we have lost sight of what this thread is about, it is what beers Coors Light is better than. No one has seriously said Coors Light is better than all beer.

If anyone wants to start a 'Best Beer' thread, go for it, I will post. I always say, the best beer I ever have is free beer.

:lol:

:cheers:

I know beer because, as I have said in a previous post, I have tried hundreds and managed a brew pub, where we made our own beer, the beer we made I would happily put it next to any eurotrash beer and make my case. I have no respect for any euro opinion, zero, so you can brag about where you are from but it don't mean anything. I used my bartending as an example of I know what people order, pay attention sparky.

Now we have lost sight of what this thread is about, it is what beers Coors Light is better than. No one has seriously said Coors Light is better than all beer.

If anyone wants to start a 'Best Beer' thread, go for it, I will post. I always say, the best beer I ever have is free beer.

:cheers:

Coors Light is better than NO beer that I have ever tasted.

And all that work you put in managing bankrupt brew pubs and sampling beers went straight out the window when you said Coors Light is better than any beer.

And you say a European's opinion doesn't matter? Please.

"Better" is a relative term. There are people who like to drink beer but don't really like the taste of beer. They enjoy hanging out and drinking with friends, getting buzzed, the whole "fun" part of drinking, but they wouldn't sit down in their own house and drink just one beer with their favorite meal because they enjoyed the flavor of it. These people are naturally drawn to one of the least flavorful beers on the planet, Coors Light. For them it is better than almost every other beer, because they can enjoy drinking without getting much of the flavor that they really don't care for.

when you said Coors Light is better than any beer.

And you say a European's opinion doesn't matter? Please.

When did I say Coors Light is better than any beer? :cheers:

In a previous post I said Pabst Blue Ribbon is better than Coors Light, get your facts straight...

I will tell you one thing, if someone gives me a Coors Light for free, it's the best beer, at least at that moment.

Step up and make a worthwhile comment cuz all you are doing is being antagonistic, if you can't step and be a man, don't bother.

If euros opinions matter to you, it's a show of character....