Sign in to follow this  
FantasyBowl33

Best QB left in playoffs?

In a van down by the

Rivers

Eli has to be #1

and there really isn't a #2 if you ask me

I was thinking about this yesterday. This is a hard call. Eli seemingly grew up last year, but I still don't trust him. Donovan is the best QB remaining when he's on, but he's also possibly the worst when he's not. Ben is maybe the 2nd best, but same deal as McNabb, he can freaking kill his team's chances. Warner hands down has the ability to put up the most unreal #'s...but he can also kill his team. Delhomme is the wildcard, capable of winning or losing a game. Rivers has put up the best #'s this year, but really has yet to prove he can carry his team on his back in the pressure of the playoffs. Flacco is a rookie and will be protected with reserved play calling. Collins is the weakest link in the bunch if you ask me. I guess it kind of depend on what you're judging by...

Big Game Experience:

Warner

Big Ben

Eli

McNabb

Delhomme

Collins

Rivers

Flacco

Big #'s potential:

Warner

McNabb

Rivers

Delhomme

Big Ben

Eli

Collins

Flacco

Screw up factor:

McNabb

Big Ben

Eli

Warner

Delhomme

Rivers

Flacco

Collins

Everything is very subjective. The same guys that can and will win a game for you are also the same ones more likely to lose it for you with poor play as well.

Donovan McNabb is the best QB left in the playoffs as long as Andy Reid's play calling doesn't ask him to throw the ball 50 times in any game. Then he is just set up to fail. I kind of agree with some other posters on Eli Manning. I don't trust him. Great Super Bowl run last year, but this is a guy who has been fairly mediocre outside of that. Before the Super Bowl run last year, he was a guy that threw 20 interceptions in the regular season last year. This year he has just been asked to guide the offense and let the running game take care of things. He's play well but the offensive burden hasn't been put on his shoulders at all. Warner is great in the systems he's got to play in. It also helps having Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston to throw to. Fitz and Boldin may be the top 2 WR's left in the playoffs (with Steve Smith definitely in the argument). Big Ben hasn't been the same since the motorcycle accident and off and on injuries this year. He has been downright terrible at times and saved by their incredible defense. Rivers has been the best this year possibly, but he doesnt really have the experience at this point or has proven anything beyond this season. I'd probably rank them: 1) McNabb 2) Eli 3) Warner 4) Rivers 5) Delhomme 6) Big Ben 7) Collins 8) Flacco. But at this point, it's anyones guess, as I don't think anyone really stands out.

1. McNabb

2. Ben

3. Warner

4. Eli

5. Dellhomme

6. Rivers

7. Collins

8. Flacco

As much as you might say that McNabb has had some questionable performances, he's practically got more playoff experience than the rest combined. Not to mention that if you are going to call him out as being a spotty performer, than you have to throw out just about everyone else. Ben has shown himself to be a guy that can get rattled. Warner, while putting up good numbers with the best WR trio in the game, also has the potential to turn the ball over 4-5X a game. I don't care about the SB win, Eli is mediocre. That team lives and dies with its defense. Rivers had a good season, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that hoists his team up on his shoulders. (Plus I think he's a ######.)

Dellehomme? Collins? please.

Flacco has the potential to be far better than everyone on this list, probably already has a better arm than most. Just doesn't have the experience yet.

IMO its McNabb and its not that close.

Two minutes to go . . . down four . . . there's not even a question in my mind which one of these QBs I want. Yes, I'm biased a little, but it still isn't a question to me. Give me Ben.

Donovan McNabb is the best QB left in the playoffs as long as Andy Reid's play calling doesn't ask him to throw the ball 50 times in any game. Then he is just set up to fail. I kind of agree with some other posters on Eli Manning. I don't trust him. Great Super Bowl run last year, but this is a guy who has been fairly mediocre outside of that. Before the Super Bowl run last year, he was a guy that threw 20 interceptions in the regular season last year. This year he has just been asked to guide the offense and let the running game take care of things. He's play well but the offensive burden hasn't been put on his shoulders at all. Warner is great in the systems he's got to play in. It also helps having Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston to throw to. Fitz and Boldin may be the top 2 WR's left in the playoffs (with Steve Smith definitely in the argument). Big Ben hasn't been the same since the motorcycle accident and off and on injuries this year. He has been downright terrible at times and saved by their incredible defense. Rivers has been the best this year possibly, but he doesnt really have the experience at this point or has proven anything beyond this season. I'd probably rank them: 1) McNabb 2) Eli 3) Warner 4) Rivers 5) Delhomme 6) Big Ben 7) Collins 8) Flacco. But at this point, it's anyones guess, as I don't think anyone really stands out.

Donovan McNabb is the best QB left in the playoffs? Could that be because his coach is passhappy and they can't run the ball when they need to? McNabb has consistently shown the ability to play down in the playoffs and cave under pressure, hence the reason he's never won it. This is the same guy that was applauded for being benched and that Philly fans have hoped would be shipped out of town for years now and he's suddenly captain clutch???

Two minutes to go . . . down four . . . there's not even a question in my mind which one of these QBs I want. Yes, I'm biased a little, but it still isn't a question to me. Give me Ben.

Agree with this...problem is, Ben is probably part of the reason you're down by 4 with 2 minutes to go. I'm with you in that he's proven to be a gamer, but he can hurt you just as bad as he helps you. (again, like you, coming from a biased Steeler fan)

1. McNabb

2. Ben

3. Warner

4. Eli

5. Dellhomme

6. Rivers

7. Collins

8. Flacco

As much as you might say that McNabb has had some questionable performances, he's practically got more playoff experience than the rest combined. Not to mention that if you are going to call him out as being a spotty performer, than you have to throw out just about everyone else. Ben has shown himself to be a guy that can get rattled. Warner, while putting up good numbers with the best WR trio in the game, also has the potential to turn the ball over 4-5X a game. I don't care about the SB win, Eli is mediocre. That team lives and dies with its defense. Rivers had a good season, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that hoists his team up on his shoulders. (Plus I think he's a ######.)

Dellehomme? Collins? please.

Flacco has the potential to be far better than everyone on this list, probably already has a better arm than most. Just doesn't have the experience yet.

IMO its McNabb and its not that close.

You guys are all acting like McNabb is the bastion of consistency. Didn't he get benched this year because he sucked ass for a while? Dumping a screen to Westy and letting him run 70 yards does not a great QB make.

Two minutes left, need a TD to score, which QB do you want in?

Warner of course.

Rivers has basically been playing playoff games for the last five weeks. There's a changing of the guard taken place. :nono:

Donovan McNabb is the best QB left in the playoffs? Could that be because his coach is passhappy and they can't run the ball when they need to? McNabb has consistently shown the ability to play down in the playoffs and cave under pressure, hence the reason he's never won it. This is the same guy that was applauded for being benched and that Philly fans have hoped would be shipped out of town for years now and he's suddenly captain clutch???

I'll say Yes and it's not that close. He has more playoff experience than any QB left in the playoffs, and A LOT more than most of them. The whole McNabb plays down in the playoffs is completely blown out of proportion. His career playoff stats are 8-5, 60% completion, 2,930 yards passing, 19 TD's, 13 int's, 362 rush yards, 3 TD's. This is hardly playing awful in the playoffs. His only real poor playoff performance was the NFC Championship game against Carolina where he got banged up early and tried to play through it. Say what you want about the Super Bowl, but he did throw for 357 yards and 3 TD's and the Eagles had a chance to win against a better team in that game. He did throw 3 INT's but again, he was hardly terrible. People forget he played pretty well in the NFC Championship game against St Louis, a team that was supposed to beat the Eagles by 2 TD's.

Who applauded his benching? Who wants him shipped out of town? We know who gives us the best chance to win. The whole Eagles fans don't like Donovan McNabb is again completely blown out of proportion. We have a bunch of blowhards at a certain radio station that tend to spew this crap and have their few loyal listeners say the same thing. Somehow this small percentage of people is considered ALL Eagles fans. They are the same people that booed him on draft day. I know a lot of Eagles fans, and myself and almost everyone I know wanted a QB in that draft. And we ended up with the best QB we've had in franchise history. Period.

Rivers has basically been playing playoff games for the last five weeks. There's a changing of the guard taken place. :lol:

Oh yeah, Oakland (5-11 w/ 2-3 record in last 5), KC (2-14 w/ 4gm losing streak), Tampa (9-7 w/ 4gm losing streak) and Denver (8-8 w/ 3gm losing streak). that's a combined record of 24-40...that's quite the playoff schedule...where do I sign up??? :nono:

itsatip that if you're gonna make statements, you should at least have a clue there kutulu

Oh yeah, Oakland (5-11 w/ 2-3 record in last 5), KC (2-14 w/ 4gm losing streak), Tampa (9-7 w/ 4gm losing streak) and Denver (8-8 w/ 3gm losing streak). that's a combined record of 24-40...that's quite the playoff schedule...where do I sign up??? :nono:

itsatip that if you're gonna make statements, you should at least have a clue there kutulu

:lol: Why did you leave out Indy?

Despite his obnoxious, immature persona, I'm really impressed with Rivers's ability to manage a game. I think he played the best in '08 of the QBs remaining. However, there's a little more to winning in the playoffs than having the best QB. I think the Chargers will seize up in that Pittsburgh icebox. Last week, we got to see how they went from 4-8 to 8-8; this week, we'll get to see how they got to 4-8.

Who applauded his benching? Who wants him shipped out of town? We know who gives us the best chance to win. The whole Eagles fans don't like Donovan McNabb is again completely blown out of proportion. We have a bunch of blowhards at a certain radio station that tend to spew this crap and have their few loyal listeners say the same thing. Somehow this small percentage of people is considered ALL Eagles fans. They are the same people that booed him on draft day. I know a lot of Eagles fans, and myself and almost everyone I know wanted a QB in that draft. And we ended up with the best QB we've had in franchise history. Period.

:music_guitarred: good posting.

For what its worth, to the people bashing mcnabb for not playing well in the playoffs. He has led the birds to the playoffs 6 times in 10 years and has made it at least to the second round EVERY TIME. The only person better than him is Brady at 7-0. For people to say they would rather have Philip Rivers in than McNabb makes no sense to me. To each his own, but I think the reasons that people give against McNabb are waayyyyy overblown.

:music_guitarred: Why did you leave out Indy?

Indy didn't belong in with the other dregs of the NFL that the Chargers beat in their last 5 weeks of their playoff schedule. That was a good win. The rest was fluff.

Indy didn't belong in with the other dregs of the NFL that the Chargers beat in their last 5 weeks of their playoff schedule. That was a good win. The rest was fluff.

In other words, you left it out cause it didn't support your argument.

Still they were must wins. He's tied with the league lead in TD throws and up there in least amount of picks thrown.

warner is best qb left :unsure: after what the chargers did to manning do you really thing big "awful" ben can have even a good game???? he is terrible!!! :ninja:

warner

rivers

mcnabb

eli

delhomme

ben

warner is best qb left :unsure: after what the chargers did to manning do you really thing big "awful" ben can have even a good game???? he is terrible!!! :headbanger:

warner

rivers

mcnabb

eli

delhomme

ben

I'd only flip eli and mcnabb on this list :ninja:

warner is best qb left :unsure: after what the chargers did to manning do you really thing big "awful" ben can have even a good game???? he is terrible!!! :ninja:

warner

rivers

mcnabb

eli

delhomme

ben

Yes. Thanks for asking.

In other words, you left it out cause it didn't support your argument.

Still they were must wins. He's tied with the league lead in TD throws and up there in least amount of picks thrown.

I didn't leave it out because it didn't support my argument, I left it out because they deserve credit for that win. Andy are correct about Rivers stats, which he compiled in what is the 2nd worst, approaching worst, division in pro football. The the notable exception of Indy, the Chargers have yet to beat a team with a winning record. I'm not saying they can't, I'm simply saying the mirage of one good game doesn't suddenly make an 8-8 team a favorite over a 12-4 team playing at home.

I'd only flip eli and mcnabb on this list :unsure:

if burress was playing id agree with you. but i say they run the ball alot and ELI does nada!! plus as a patriot fan i hate him :ninja: i cant stand watching him play. it looks like he will blow up any second and go cry on bench :headbanger:

warner is best qb left :thumbsup: after what the chargers did to manning do you really thing big "awful" ben can have even a good game???? he is terrible!!! :clap:

warner

rivers

mcnabb

eli

delhomme

ben

Let me start by saying Kurt Warner is good player. But hasn't he basically struck gold as far as the teams he has landed on? This guy has to be one of the biggest beneficiary of playmakers and coaching around him there has been in NFL history. First he is on a Rams team, "the Greatest Show on Turf," playing in a Mike Martz offense with two top 10 WR's at the time in Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce. Not only that, but he has maybe the best combination RB/WR in NFL history in Marshall Faulk. Now he lands on an up and coming Arizona team and again has two top 10 (and in this case maybe top 5) WR's in the NFL in Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin to throw to. Couldn't any above average QB thrive in either of these situations? Not to mention they both play in the NFC West, which has been one of the worst divisions in football since the Niners heyday. Also they both play in very warm weather or domed stadiums. Look at his time in between the Greatest Show on Turf and his time in Arizona and you will see Kurt Warner was a very average QB. I'm just saying...it's very hard for me to proclaim this guy as the best QB left in the playoffs. He was a guy who couldn't make it in the NFL at first and played in the arena league and then landed in two very ideal situations in the NFL throwing the ball to some of the best playmakers in the game at the time.

1. Kurt Warner

2. D. McNabb

3. P. Rivers

the rest of 'em.

If you don't think Kurt Warner is the best QB in the playoffs, then I just don't think you have watched him pass the ball and lead his team. I could buy McNabb or maybe even Rivers. But saying Eli or Big Ben = laughs.

I didn't leave it out because it didn't support my argument, I left it out because they deserve credit for that win. Andy are correct about Rivers stats, which he compiled in what is the 2nd worst, approaching worst, division in pro football. The the notable exception of Indy, the Chargers have yet to beat a team with a winning record. I'm not saying they can't, I'm simply saying the mirage of one good game doesn't suddenly make an 8-8 team a favorite over a 12-4 team playing at home.

While I agree with some of your points, to say the Chargers haven't beaten a team with a winning record is incorrect. They beat both the Patriots and the Jets, with Rivers throwing for 3 TDs in each of those wins.

While I agree with some of your points, to say the Chargers haven't beaten a team with a winning record is incorrect. They beat both the Patriots and the Jets, with Rivers throwing for 3 TDs in each of those wins.

I'll stand sort of corrected. The Chargers beat the Pats in Week 6 when the Pats were 3-1. However, they beat the Jets in wk 3 when the Jets were 1-1. So, one team with a winning record all season, I believe, but don't really have time to check.

I'll stand sort of corrected. The Chargers beat the Pats in Week 6 when the Pats were 3-1. However, they beat the Jets in wk 3 when the Jets were 1-1. So, one team with a winning record all season, I believe, but don't really have time to check.

I see now. You were going by the records at the time of the game. I was referring to the final records of the teams. Interesting. You would need to count the win over to Broncos as well since they were a craptacular 8-7 when the Chargers won week 17. I am way too lazy to check the records of the teams at the time they played the games to argue any of this anyway. :dunno:

Tampa Bay had a winning record when they played them, and so did Denver...

I see now. You were going by the records at the time of the game. I was referring to the final records of the teams. Interesting. You would need to count the win over to Broncos as well since they were a craptacular 8-7 when the Chargers won week 17. I am way too lazy to check the records of the teams at the time they played the games to argue any of this anyway. :dunno:

me too. :lol:

I didn't say SD was gonna win...I said Rivers is the best QB left in the playoffs.

I didn't say SD was gonna win...I said Rivers is the best QB left in the playoffs.

And it proves you are an idiot!

eli and roth are probably 1/2, esp based upon the past 12 months. there are probably more meltdown qbs in the remaining batch.

McNabb is the best QB left in the playoffs.

McNabb can't win big games? McNabb has a very impressive career playoff record, I believe he is 8-4.

McNabb easily > Eli

Eli has 100% more Super Bowl MVP's than Mcnabb...just saying. I also believe he earned that MVP against the same New England Patriots Mcnabb threw three picks against except the Pats weren't 18-0 at the time.

And it proves you are an idiot!

Floyd Reese said the same thing on NFL Live yesterday about Rivers being the best QB in the playoffs. Not positive, but I'm thinking he knows a little more about the game than you. :cry: