Sign in to follow this  
davidbostonisgood

Jay Cutler Making Huge Impact

I don't know if everyone knows it or not, but because of a blockbuster trade this year, J. Cutler will be playing Quarterback for the Chicago Bears this year.

Last year the guy threw for over 4,000 yards and 20+ touchdowns only a year after diabetic surgery. This year he should be even stronger. Add that to him now playing on a team with one of the best traditions ever, and this guy is going to tear up the league this year.

He's not a big name now, partly because he's young and the Broncos didn't get on T.V. much. But he will be a big name by this team next year! Get this guy in your drafts and you'll be thanking me later!

Just call me the MASTER PREDICTOR. You can lock this one up. I'm pretty accurate with this kind of stuff.

I've won 3 different leagues in the last 2 years.

I don't know if everyone knows it or not, but because of a blockbuster trade this year, J. Cutler will be playing Quarterback for the Chicago Bears this year.

Last year the guy threw for over 4,000 yards and 20+ touchdowns only a year after diabetic surgery. This year he should be even stronger. Add that to him now playing on a team with one of the best traditions ever, and this guy is going to tear up the league this year.

He's not a big name now, partly because he's young and the Broncos didn't get on T.V. much. But he will be a big name by this team next year! Get this guy in your drafts and you'll be thanking me later!

Just call me the MASTER PREDICTOR. You can lock this one up. I'm pretty accurate with this kind of stuff.

:bandana:

You Fanatsy clairvoyant you. None of us knew this or could even imagine such impact!

:overhead: ---- :thumbsup: ---- :pointstosky: ---- :pointstosky: ---- :pointstosky:

Im going to pass on Cutler this year...Im going for this little known QB with 3 rings who barely played last year...though, I doubt you have heard of him.

You mean we've landed on the moon!!!! :dunno:

:dunno:

This made me laugh and I'm a Bears fan.

:first:

now playing on a team with one of the best traditions ever

Excellent point. I think I'll change my draft strategy this year and pick players from teams with the "best traditions".

:first:

Just call me the MASTER BATER. You can lock this one up. I'm pretty accurate with this kind of stuff.

Fixorated. :first:

I guess we can look at it this way. It took him almost 3 years to bring the suck at this level. Many of us achieved that in our 1st first week! :dunno:

You lost all credibility (not that you had any being named davidbostonisgood...davidbostoniswashed up? maybe. davidbostonisonroids? sure. davidbostonisirrelevant? absolutely...but i digress) with "diabetic surgery". Um, hello...there is no surgery for diabetes. You've taken a guy with some the best pass protection, two of the best young recievers and a offensive mastermind of a coach...and, um...put him on a team with no WR, Lovie freakin Smith as a coach, and mediocre at best pass protection (check the sacks and hurries for Bears QB's last two seasons) and it knocked Cutler down my list by maybe 4-5 qbs.

Cutler will never match his Denver FF numbers is Chicago. This has nothing to do with how effective he will be as the Bear QB.

Only thing that needs to be locked up, is you into a padded room.

Would I really listen to a guy who's name is "davidbostonisgood"?

What, so you guys don't think Jay Cutler is going to be good? Is that what you are saying?

Not a one of us realized that he was good last year, and that he was traded to Chicago, and that he would be good again this year.

Thanks for the heads up!! :rolleyes:

Excellent point. I think I'll change my draft strategy this year and pick players from teams with the "best traditions".

:rolleyes:

traditions that could catch a football .. since this year coould be a bigger one then last year 4000+ yrds

What, so you guys don't think Jay Cutler is going to be good? Is that what you are saying?

I think everybody here is aware of Jay Cutler and that he was traded to the Bears. Opinions on how high his production will be with the Bears vary quite a bit. I think he takes a step back in a tougher division with less established recievers to throw to

Actually, I think Cutler is a stud and will be solid in Chicago. How do I know that? Well, in my league last year, Cutler finished as the # 4 QB overall, only 5 points out of being the # 2 QB overall, with roughly 370 points. Kyle Orton finished at # 19 overall with 228 points. Thus, Cutler averaged 23 points per game and Orton averaged 15. Some how people want to automatically say because Orton averaged 15 points a game in Chicago, that is what Cutler will average. Cutler may be closer to the # 10 overall QB this year than to the # 2 QB overall like he was last year, but he will still be a top 10 QB and should be drafted accordingly. If guys like Olsen and Bennett step up, to go along with an improved Forte, there is no reason Cutler can't throw for at least 3000+ yards and 20+ TDs.

Actually, I think Cutler is a stud and will be solid in Chicago. How do I know that? Well, in my league last year, Cutler finished as the # 4 QB overall, only 5 points out of being the # 2 QB overall, with roughly 370 points. Kyle Orton finished at # 19 overall with 228 points. Thus, Cutler averaged 23 points per game and Orton averaged 15. Some how people want to automatically say because Orton averaged 15 points a game in Chicago, that is what Cutler will average. Cutler may be closer to the # 10 overall QB this year than to the # 2 QB overall like he was last year, but he will still be a top 10 QB and should be drafted accordingly. If guys like Olsen and Bennett step up, to go along with an improved Forte, there is no reason Cutler can't throw for at least 3000+ yards and 20+ TDs.

Yeah the Bears offense showed some signs of improvement last year, and with the development of the running game, aka Forte, I think Cutler will have some throwing lanes. Greg Olsen is a FANTASTIC receiving TE (actually some1 i'll be targeting in just about every draft this year), and Forte is also talented catching the ball out of the backfield. We all know Hester isn't a true #1 WR, but he is an absolute playmaker. He's improved over the last few years, and even a small improvement this year will translate into huge benefits because of the arrival of Cutler. He reminds me of a Eddie Royal + Steve Smith combo - ultra fast/quick, and a threat to score every time he touches the ball. The Bears also drafted 2 talented WRs, both of which have the ability to make an immediate impact. This offense could be electric, but at worst, if Orton could have success last year, I'm confident Cutler can do slightly better. I think Cutler should be a solid bet to finish top10, and depending on the development of his WRs and how the coaching staff utilizes his arm, he could finish near the top of the QBs..

Yeah the Bears offense showed some signs of improvement last year, and with the development of the running game, aka Forte, I think Cutler will have some throwing lanes. Greg Olsen is a FANTASTIC receiving TE (actually some1 i'll be targeting in just about every draft this year), and Forte is also talented catching the ball out of the backfield. We all know Hester isn't a true #1 WR, but he is an absolute playmaker. He's improved over the last few years, and even a small improvement this year will translate into huge benefits because of the arrival of Cutler. He reminds me of a Eddie Royal + Steve Smith combo - ultra fast/quick, and a threat to score every time he touches the ball. The Bears also drafted 2 talented WRs, both of which have the ability to make an immediate impact. This offense could be electric, but at worst, if Orton could have success last year, I'm confident Cutler can do slightly better. I think Cutler should be a solid bet to finish top10, and depending on the development of his WRs and how the coaching staff utilizes his arm, he could finish near the top of the QBs..

You knock the Packers WRs and then start talking about the Bears receivers? Hah!!!

As for who the Bears drafted? They drafted a decent project in Iglesias and a young small Hester version 2 in Knox. A smallish guy who is really fast.

Hester is a playmaker...but no real #1 as you said. He still needs to learn to be a true WR. Bennett could be good...I actually like him the best of that bunch of WRs. But even he has a lot to learn to be a good WR in this league. And he is not anything explosive. More of a possession guy.

You knock the Packers WRs and then start talking about the Bears receivers? Hah!!!

As for who the Bears drafted? They drafted a decent project in Iglesias and a young small Hester version 2 in Knox. A smallish guy who is really fast.

Hester is a playmaker...but no real #1 as you said. He still needs to learn to be a true WR. Bennett could be good...I actually like him the best of that bunch of WRs. But even he has a lot to learn to be a good WR in this league. And he is not anything explosive. More of a possession guy.

I didn't "knock" the Packers WR...I simply loaughed at the fact you and other homers seem to think that Greg Jennings and a 34 year old Donald Driver constitute a top3 WR corps in the NFL. Those two arguments have nothing to do with eachother...I by no means said the Bears WR corps is better than the Packers, in fact, I like Greg Jennings a lot this year, but I also like Hester...FOR WHERE HE IS DRAFTED. Quit tryin to put words in my mouth, c'mon man.

I didn't "knock" the Packers WR...I simply loaughed at the fact you and other homers seem to think that Greg Jennings and a 34 year old Donald Driver constitute a top3 WR corps in the NFL. Those two arguments have nothing to do with eachother...I by no means said the Bears WR corps is better than the Packers, in fact, I like Greg Jennings a lot this year, but I also like Hester...FOR WHERE HE IS DRAFTED. Quit tryin to put words in my mouth, c'mon man.

When rating the GB WRs one usually goes four deep. HTH

You are trying to talk logic with Sho Nuff. Simply move on. It's futile.

When rating the GB WRs one usually goes four deep. HTH

James Jones...your 3rd receiver? Had 20 catches last year.

Ruvell Martin...your 4th receiver? Had 15 catches last year.

What's your point? ;)

Calling them mediocre at best...is pretty much knocking a group that most informed individuals would put in the top 5 in the league as a group.

And the fact that you can only include Driver in the group and his age and think it means something is pretty funny too.

But your analysis of the Packer WRs is related...as why should anyone take anything you say about WRs seriously when you get that one so very wrong.

You are trying to talk logic with Sho Nuff. Simply move on. It's futile.

And now you how Hawker on your side...as if he has any clue about logic anyway...but him on your side...definitely means you should probably quit now before you embarrass yourself and try being any more wrong.

James Jones...your 3rd receiver? Had 20 catches last year.

Ruvell Martin...your 4th receiver? Had 15 catches last year.

What's your point? ;)

Martin was the 4th WR while Jones was out. He is actually #5.

Jones was hurt much of the year. Nelson really played the #3 spot most of the time.

As a rookie he had 33 for 336 and 2 TDs (Nelson that is)

Jones as a rookie had 47 for 676 and 2 TDs

Hester's 3rd year in the league (2nd as a WR) 51 receptions for 665 and 3 TDs...

Funny...our 3rd and 4th WRs are putting up similar numbers to your big bad #1 WR in Hester.

BTW...James Jones is a better WR than Devin Hester. If healthy he will be pushing Driver for the #2 spot IMO. If Nelson is not pushing them both for it too.

Come on, fellers........pass the crack.

Out of both teams (Bears and Packs), from a fanatsy receiving perspective, there is only one WR1 (Jennings), two WR2 (Hester and Driver), and one TE1 (Olsen).

Everything else is just conjecture.

Out of both teams (Bears and Packs), from a fanatsy receiving perspective, there is only one WR1 (Jennings), one WR2 (Hester), and one TE1 (Olsen).

Id say Driver still has value and whoever emerges from the Jones/Nelson battle for position will also have value in deeper leagues.

TE for the Pack? Not yet...but keep an eye on Finley. He has the tools but needs to get consistent and become that weapon.

Id say Driver still has value and whoever emerges from the Jones/Nelson battle for position will also have value in deeper leagues.

TE for the Pack? Not yet...but keep an eye on Finley. He has the tools but needs to get consistent and become that weapon.

Yes, you are right about Driver.....in fact, you made your reply while I was in the process of editing my original post to include Driver as a WR2. He is still good for 850/4 if he stays healthy.

:rolleyes:

Out of both teams (Bears and Packs), from a fanatsy receiving perspective, there is only one WR1 (Jennings), two WR2 (Hester and Driver), and one TE1 (Olsen).

Hester could not be a WR#2 on any of my fanasy teams. I would not feel good with him being my #3WR.

Martin was the 4th WR while Jones was out. He is actually #5.

Jones was hurt much of the year. Nelson really played the #3 spot most of the time.

As a rookie he had 33 for 336 and 2 TDs (Nelson that is)

Jones as a rookie had 47 for 676 and 2 TDs

Hester's 3rd year in the league (2nd as a WR) 51 receptions for 665 and 3 TDs...

Funny...our 3rd and 4th WRs are putting up similar numbers to your big bad #1 WR in Hester.

BTW...James Jones is a better WR than Devin Hester. If healthy he will be pushing Driver for the #2 spot IMO. If Nelson is not pushing them both for it too.

Uhhh Jones had 20 receptions in 10 games last year...but enough nit-picking over these no-name WRs who homers such as you seem to think are the 2nd coming of Sterling Sharp. Back to the point, I'm NEVER ONCE COMPARED THE PACKERS WRS WITH THE BEARS WRS. My only comment regarding the Packers was that their WR corps is not a top3 in the NFL. In addition, I added that, WITH THE ADDITION OF CUTLER, the Bears WRs could surprise some people. I'm not saying they will put up better #s than the Packers, but I also mentioned the Bears TE (Olsen), and RB (Forte) providing great outlets for Cutler, something the Packers don't have.

So I don't know why you keep comparing the Packers and Bears, you're just not making much sense...and I'm also not a Bears fan, and Hester is not "my big bad #1 WR"....But it sounds like Martin and Jones are your big bad future #1 WRs :rolleyes:

Uhhh Jones had 20 receptions in 10 games last year...but enough nit-picking over these no-name WRs who homers such as you seem to think are the 2nd coming of Sterling Sharp. Back to the point, I'm NEVER ONCE COMPARED THE PACKERS WRS WITH THE BEARS WRS. My only comment regarding the Packers was that their WR corps is not a top3 in the NFL. In addition, I added that, WITH THE ADDITION OF CUTLER, the Bears WRs could surprise some people. I'm not saying they will put up better #s than the Packers, but I also mentioned the Bears TE (Olsen), and RB (Forte) providing great outlets for Cutler, something the Packers don't have.

So I don't know why you keep comparing the Packers and Bears, you're just not making much sense...and I'm also not a Bears fan, and Hester is not "my big bad #1 WR"....But it sounds like Martin and Jones are your big bad future #1 WRs :rolleyes:

I guess if you play in all redraft leagues it is not important but either Nelson or Jones will be replacing Driver. I think that will happen sooner rather than later.

So I don't know why you keep comparing the Packers and Bears, you're just not making much sense...and I'm also not a Bears fan, and Hester is not "my big bad #1 WR"....But it sounds like Martin and Jones are your big bad future #1 WRs :overhead:

Yes...Jones had that in 10 games last year. As I said...he was hurt much of the year.

2nd coming of Sterling Sharpe? Nope...you are making that giant leap out of any of us saying how well they compliment Greg Jennings as the #1 WR. And again, just because you have never heard of them, does not mean others who are actually informed about football have not heard of them.

Id say they are top 5 (you claimed they were mediocre at best).

I doubt the Bears WRs surprise too many.

As for Forte vs. Grant in the receiving department...and Olsen.

While both of those guys for the Bears are pretty good...ever think if they had more competent WRs they would not need those two to carry so much of the load receiving?