Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Awesome

How dumb is Josh McDaniels?

Mangina, Crennel, Weis, and now McDaniels. These Bellichick guys bring the ego and swagger, but really seem to be in over their heads when it comes to running their own show.

:overhead: As usual, Joey pretty much sums it up. Not only is Enver still missing a D, now the Brncos have no O. Wish they were in my team's division!

Denver Post "As the Brandon Marshall holdout saga becomes increasingly agitated, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has attempted to send a message of peace. Marshall's agent, Kennard Mc-Guire, made an aggressive negotiating move Tuesday by telling Fox 31 News that Marshall requested a trade during the wide receiver's one-on-one meeting with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen last Friday afternoon. The meeting occurred after Marshall skipped the mandatory minicamp session that morning. Marshall later was spotted carrying packed boxes to his car before leaving the team's Dove Valley headquarters. "Mr. Bowlen has said that ownership will do everything in its power to accommodate his wishes," McGuire told the television ..."

That comment can be taken a few ways

Why was McDaniels even at that meeting when the Broncos knew Marshall wanted to talk about his contract??

Josh shouldn't be putting himself in that situation. Most NFL coaches are wise enough to distance themselves from all player contract discussions. That is GM Xanders job.

Why was McDaniels even at that meeting when the Broncos knew Marshall wanted to talk about his contract??

Josh shouldn't be putting himself in that situation. Most NFL coaches are wise enough to distance themselves from all player contract discussions. That is GM Xanders job.

Sounds like we have a little control freak in the making. I doubt the players appreciate a person trying to act like they are the big fish of an organization when they haven't accomplished a single thing yet.

Sounds like we have a little control freak in the making. I doubt the players appreciate a person trying to act like they are the big fish of an organization when they haven't accomplished a single thing yet.

Seems like establishing control is a bit of an issue with McDaniels... agree this is NOT going well...

That comment can be taken a few ways

Yep. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Denver glad to get rid of the guy if they can get some value.

Yep. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Denver glad to get rid of the guy if they can get some value.

Marshall or McDaniels?

Marshall or McDaniels?

:rolleyes:

Well, so far from what I have seen from Josh Daniels....I would say he is very dumb....I mean when ever you have to trade a franchise QB! It is too hard to find a franchise QB...just ask the Detroit Lions, they are still trying to relace Bobby Lane :headbanger:

I don't think the Broncos will be as bad as you think. In fact, I think the offense will be better than last year. People seem to forget, for all the yards they put up, they still only averaged something like 16 points a game. There is a lot of room for improvement for this unit.

I was a huge Cutler supporter since he was drafted. He has loads of talent. There were passes last year I'm convinced only he could have completed. However, there were also a lot of balls he just threw up in the air and I was amazed they weren't picked off. His receivers, Scheffler/Marshall/Hillis in particular, made some of his days outstanding where they should have been ordinary. While I'm sorry we lost him, I'm not as sad to seem him go as others seem to be. Is he good? Absolutely! Can they win as many games without him, definitely.

The offensive line is sick. Their top running back last year was a fullback, yes, upgrading running backs was a big priority, and they did that. They will use Scheffler, he's too talented no to be used.

Huge upgrades in the defensive backfield. Yes, they are old, but more importantly, they can tackle. I can't tell you how many times I saw what should have been a 4 or 5 yard gain turn into 20 or 30 because Webster or Wilborne or one of their crappy safeties was either out of position or missed an open field tackle. It's never good when you try starting your free agent rookie LB at safety. They will allow Champ to actually play man to man, no more of this zone, 10 yards off the receiver crap with one of the best DBs in the game.

Linebackers are decent, Andra Davis is an upgrade, I think he just got tired of playing in cleveland (I probably wouldn't play as hard either if they forced me to take a pay cut), woodyard and larsen add depth. Their are still question marks on the D-line obviously, but I think Fields will be an adequate NT and Ayers and Thomas will be fine at DE, they have enough talent to hold their own. Where they will really need their players to step up is a the OLB position. Those guys will have to make the transition fast I think. Would it have been nice to have both Orakpo and Ayers, sure, but I can see why they went with Moreno and I can't argue against it. Especially if San Diego was as interested in him as they were saying. And there's no guarantee that either guy will make it anyway. Moreno is more of a sure thing.

More than anything though, I think having an offense that can control the ball and keep the pressure off the defense will do wonders for them. I will be surprised if they make the playoffs. I do think they'll be better than most people think, assuming the players can learn and play within the system McDaniels installs. I don't think 7-9 or maybe even 8-8 again is out of the question. Althought the middle of their schedule is pretty tough.

So overall I like what he's done. Something needed to change and it could have gone better, but I don't think the changes he made are terrible.

I don't know, maybe about as dumb as this post! Nobody knows how the Bronx will look this season, I'm betting they will be a lot better than what most people think. And I wish all the idiots would quit calling Jay Cutler a franchise QB, he hasn't accomplished squat! He's the next Jeff George!!

I wish all the idiots would quit calling Jay Cutler a franchise QB, he hasn't accomplished squat! He's the next Jeff George!!

First two full years:

Cutler: 8,000 passing. 45 TD's

George: 5,000 passing. 26 TD's

Elway: 6,300 passing. 40 TD's

Guess you were saying "Elway's not a franchise QB! He hasn't accomplished squat!" too. :thumbsdown:

same type of guy who thinks Marino sucked because 'he never won the big one'

I don't know, maybe about as dumb as this post! Nobody knows how the Bronx will look this season, I'm betting they will be a lot better than what most people think. And I wish all the idiots would quit calling Jay Cutler a franchise QB, he hasn't accomplished squat! He's the next Jeff George!!

If he would have had anything resembling a defense he would have at least a couple playoff games under his belt.

You know who definitely isn't a franchise QB? Kyle Orton.

Denver Broncos Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall said he wanted to be traded more than 18 months ago and said he "hated Denver," according to documents obtained by the CALL7 Investigators. Marshall was arrested on suspicion of DUI on Oct. 22, 2007, and according to the police report, he started verbally attacking the city of Denver and saying he wanted to leave the Broncos. "I hate Denver. I hope I get traded." -- ABC 7 News

He has the potential of 'genius' but probably a total idiot.

Here he takes a competitive offense and shreds it to pair up with a pathetic defense. The team sucks, finishes dead last in the AFC if not the league, he claims he's rebuilding. No where to go but up. Hangs on for a few years with a sucky team with no QB before finnaly getting his walking papers.

Other than that theory, he's a complete moron who like many before him, bit off more than he could chew. He is fired at the end of the season...one of the worst in franchise history.

hopefully not dumb enough not to make a sizeable vegas wager on the probably 25000:1 odds that his team would start 4-0 :thumbsup: :overhead:

Orton looks awful. So, still pretty dumb.

Last year's offense with this year's defense would have made the team a contender for sure. Lookin forward to the game this weekend to see what the team is made of

Orton looks awful. So, still pretty dumb.

Orton hasn't made many mistakes. He completed 69% of his passes last week. He started the season in a new and difficult offensive scheme with a dislocated finger on this throwing hand.

So, pretty dumb post.

Orton hasn't made many mistakes. He completed 69% of his passes last week. He started the season in a new and difficult offensive scheme with a dislocated finger on this throwing hand.

So, pretty dumb post.

Got to agree he's way off if he thinks "Orton looks awful". Plus the team is 4-0, I mean you are what you are.

I'm not sure what you mean by "how dumb is Josh McDaniels". I rather believe you to be dumb for posting something so stupid. McDaniels, whether you like him or not, ran a great offense last season. The Broncos have Marshall, Royal, Scheffler, Moreno, and they have depth behind all of these guys. I could care less if they win/lose. They WILL put up a lot of offensive points and that is all I care about. If you think Orton isn't going to be good enough, look at his early games last season. He was putting up similar numbers to Cutler and he was doing it with no offensive weapons at WR and behind a crap offensive line.

McDaniels is dumb? Dumb like an Offensive Savant.

Just wanted to point out that I was correct once again. :pointstosky: Eventually people here will realize I've made some great off season calls. Let me list some;

1. Predicted Forte would be a bust

2. Predicted McDaniels would have success this season (with that team, 7 wins is a HUGE success)

3. Predicted Royal would be a bust with Orton as QB

4. Stated Pierre Thomas was worthy of a 3rd round selection

5. Predicted Greg Jennings would see his production drop off severely while Donald Driver's production would increase.

6. Stated Steve Smith would catch at least 75 passes and possibly 90.

7. Said those taking Brady in Round One would live to regret it.

8. Called TO a massive bust

9. Predicted Avery would be a HUGE bust

10. Predicted TJ Housh would be a bust for where he was drafted.

Say what you want. Think what you want about me. These predictions are all posted here from various times. I've yet to miss this season. It pays to do your homework instead of sitting here all day and trying to ride someone elses coattails.

Just wanted to point out that I was correct once again. :headbanger: Eventually people here will realize I've made some great off season calls. Let me list some;

2. Predicted McDaniels would have success this season (with that team, 7 wins is a HUGE success)

5. Predicted Greg Jennings would see his production drop off severely while Donald Driver's production would increase.

Say what you want. Think what you want about me. These predictions are all posted here from various times. I've yet to miss this season. It pays to do your homework instead of sitting here all day and trying to ride someone elses coattails.

I try to skip any post made by a transgender, but if you are this gifted, I will be following you from here on out.

If you can just post links for all your great victories (none of which are overly impressive) that would be appreciated.

P.S. Kill yourself.

Just wanted to point out that I was correct once again. :thumbsup: Eventually people here will realize I've made some great off season calls. Let me list some;

i believe in the very post you quoted you claim

"I could care less if they win/lose. They WILL put up a lot of offensive points and that is all I care about"

have they?

keep touting yourself :headbanger:

Looks like McDaniels is having the last laugh. Denver will be 5-0 Sunday night, with a 3 game lead over the Chargers.

I'll admit, I was wrong about this team.

Denver has beaten four very bad teams. The Bengals game, maybe the best team of the four, was won on pure luck. The Cowboys might not end up a very bad team, but they have been so far. I bet Denver loses at least three of their next four games, beats Washington and then again loses three out of their next four. They will be lucky to finish over 500. Anyone remember Detroit in 2007 and Bible beating Kitna? They started the season 6-2 and everyone was praising Detroit, when really they were only 6-2 because they had beaten bad teams. Detroit won one game the rest of the year and that was against KC.

If Denver had last years offense with this years defense, they would be a real playoff team, but they're not.

So, pretty dumb post.

NFL Network did a breakdown of Orton. Sterling Sharpe pointed out a huge montage of clips where Orton had beautiful pockets, tons of time, and wide open WRs, and missed badly on every throw.

They squeak by to win. 1 win was luck.

The squeak because Orton looks awful. Reality.

How has Cutler looked this year?

McDaniels is dumb.

Just wanted to point out that I was correct once again. :dunno: Eventually people here will realize I've made some great off season calls. Let me list some;

Clever, real clever. Making it seem like you called it that Denver would win games. But...you didn't do that, did you? No, in fact you did just the opposite and you just proved it by quoting yourself. Nice work.

" They WILL put up a lot of offensive points and that is all I care about. If you think Orton isn't going to be good enough, look at his early games last season. He was putting up similar numbers to Cutler and he was doing it with no offensive weapons at WR and behind a crap offensive line. "

What you "called" is that the offense would put up good fantasy numbers, regardless of if they win games or not. Kinda weird how you called that, then turned around and "called" that Royal would bust with Orton. Which one was it? Orton wouldn't do well in fantasy or he would put up Cutler numbers like last year and Marshall and Royal will retain their FF value?

I see. You just go around making all sorts of "calls", even if they contradict each other, so that later at least a few of them will be correct so you can pound your chest like this. Or you just claim that you made all these calls. Got links to all those?

Clever, real clever.

:shocking:

I try to skip any post made by a transgender, but if you are this gifted, I will be following you from here on out.

If you can just post links for all your great victories (none of which are overly impressive) that would be appreciated.

P.S. Kill yourself.

:(

Looks like McDaniels is having the last laugh. Denver will be 5-0 Sunday night, with a 3 game lead over the Chargers.

:thumbsdown:

all kyle orton does is win football games....

the fact that he had to battle with rex grossman shouldve had lovie smith forced to drink the blue juice :pointstosky:

all kyle orton does is win football games....

the fact that he had to battle with rex grossman shouldve had lovie smith forced to drink the blue juice :pointstosky:

He was easily the best quarterback on the field yesterday. Especially in crunch time.