Sign in to follow this  
Ghost to the Post

jim johnson passes away after bout with cancer

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_...im_Johnson_Dies

philadelphia eagles defensive coordinator jim johnson passes away after his long bout with cancer [melanoma, spinal metastases]. this guy was definitely among the top coordinators, defensive or otherwise, over the past decade. his defenses were perenially ranked in the top10 in varying categories, including overall, turnovers, sacks, and efficiency. his system got the maximum out of many players, but probably most notable is the longtime on-field general safety brian dawkins.

Very sad. He was a really talented coach and always seemed like a forthright guy. He'll be missed.

WOW.....I knew he was sick but had no idea that it was this bad. Condolences to the Johnson family, the Eagles franchise and all the Eagle fans. Mr. Johnson was one helluva DC and he will be missed.

I shouldnt' say anything on this topic. I might get banned

Dude, why even come into this thread and post this? So you can stir up an argument? Rivalry or not, there are certain times when a little respect should be shown and this is one of them.

Great Coach and by all accounts I've read, a good guy. RIP JJ.

Dude, why even come into this thread and post this? So you can stir up an argument? Rivalry or not, there are certain times when a little respect should be shown and this is one of them.

Respect? I did not say anything. I bite my tongue.

Respect? I did not say anything. I bite my tongue.

You'd be a doosh if you didn't...wait, you're a doosh anyway...you'd just be a bigger doosh if that's possible. :overhead:

Sad news. I knew he was sick, but obviously this explains why they made the Defensive Coordinator switch when they did. He'll be missed.

McDermott, his replacement, was asked what he'd learned from Jim Johnson: "Blitz, and then blitz some more". Long live that mentality :overhead:

At least the Eagles practice facility didn't fall on his back and paralyze him for life.

At least the Eagles practice facility didn't fall on his back and paralyze him for life.

Yeah, true. Of course you can't blame Dallas. Several sports teams have had those things fall down. It is the companies fault.

Yeah, true. Of course you can't blame Dallas. Several sports teams have had those things fall down. It is the companies fault.

Who's talking about Dallas?

I'm just saying, RIP Jim Johnson but at least he wasn't a young man paralyzed in the prime of his life by a crumbling, 3rd rate practice facility.

Who's talking about Dallas?

I'm just saying, RIP Jim Johnson but at least he wasn't a young man paralyzed in the prime of his life by a crumbling, 3rd rate practice facility.

Third rate? that practice dome was state of the art and check out the greatest sports stadium in the world this season. A little place I like to call Jerry's House.

Third rate? that practice dome was state of the art and check out the greatest sports stadium in the world this season. A little place I like to call Jerry's House.

Again, I'm not talking about Dallas.

I'm just saying, as sad as it is that Jim Johnson lost his battle with cancer, at least a crumby practice facility didn't fall on his back and paralyze him for life. And at least he didn't get eaten by a great white shark.

hth

One of the most agressive DC's ever ! He was like Buddy Ryan only smart and a decent human being!

This is sad news. Johnson's style left an imprint on the game and it is a shame that a guy that was part of so many player's lives had to leave us so soon. Cancer is such a crappy disease. I hope that we can find a cure soon.

Wow, that is brutally unexpected it happened so fast.

He's going to really be missed. He wasn't a head coach here, but I tend to think he's one of the most beloved Eagles coaches of all time.

We all knew he was sick, but this still came unexpectedly. The Eagles must have known his condition was worse than what had leaked - because for the most part, nothing did leak out.

It really is a big blow to take. Very sad and unfortunate. He was one of those sports figures that really endured himself to the Philadelphia fan base. He fit in as one of those "Philly" guys as they like to say - like a Buddy Ryan.

He'll definately be missed.

Wow, man. Rest in peace. I had no idea he was this bad, this soon.

Also, Pimptaddy is STILL here? I got a thread locked for asking can size and he can make fun of dead people? Really? :thumbsup:

Wow, man. Rest in peace. I had no idea he was this bad, this soon.

Also, Pimptaddy is STILL here? I got a thread locked for asking can size and he can make fun of dead people? Really? :thumbsup:

FYI, pimpdaddy/Dallas Empire is Mike FFToday. There is absolutely no other way to explain why else he would still be here.

I mother fuking hate cancer! :wall: Most of us have probably been effected by it somehow and here's another case.

He was a great coach. I know nothing about the man beyond coaching, but that dude knew how to bring the pressure. I hope the kid who got the job behind Johnson doesn't change a thing. I know he's aggressive.....I was hoping the Packers would get him this past off season before they took Capers.

Tough day for Philly :unsure:

One of the most agressive DC's ever ! He was like Buddy Ryan only smart and a decent human being!

:headbanger:

Locally, they've spoken to many folks who were associated with JJ. He was a beloved coach and man to alot of folks.

He'll be dearly missed and I hope the organization gives the fans a chance to celebrate his life and what he accomplished.

Am I gonna have to put you in your place again? :banana:

LOL at a guy bragging-up Myles Austin and Tony Romo (both of whom have never won a single postseason game) and using Super Bowl wins as a measuring stick of success.

Very sad. JJ will be missed. One of the best defensive coordinators the game has ever seen. Imagine if he had the talent that Buddy Ryan had on defense. He made average players good and made good players great. I think Sean McDermott has learned a ton from him and things will not change much on defense. Its just the on field, in game adjustments that JJ was soo great at, that McDermott will have to learn through experience.

First Harry the K and now Jim Johnson. Tough year for us Philly fans, as we lost two hugely respected and beloved men.

I suspect Andy Reid's kids were selling him morphine.

Unpossible. I think they're both locked up.

I haven't been paying attention to the news lately. Was it for probation violation, or due to sentencing?

Ah, never mind. That is another thread.

I haven't been paying attention to the news lately. Was it for probation violation, or due to sentencing?

Ah, never mind. That is another thread.

The older idiot is now in pound me in the azz prison because he failed a drug test. The younger one still has some hope left, although I think he's in a halfway house or something.

The older idiot is now in pound me in the azz prison because he failed a drug test. The younger one still has some hope left, although I think he's in a halfway house or something.

[contestant] " i'll take nfl football for $1000, alex."

[trebek] "wide receiver development, child development, and 3rd-down playcalling development."

[contestant] "what are 3 things andy reid cannot do?"

[trebek] "correct."

[contestant] " i'll take nfl football for $1000, alex."

[trebek] "wide receiver development, child development, and 3rd-down playcalling development."

[contestant] "what are 3 things andy reid cannot do?"

[trebek] "correct."

i thought the 'question' was "what is 44-6 and DeSean Jackson?"... :overhead:

you know reid has other kids who are fine, right?

I am asking. I don't know. How many? Can you tell me?

Wanna compare playoff wins with Romo?