Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

The **Official** James Davis thread

:nono: on you for cheering for a person getting hurt but :pointstosky: because i just so happen to have Davis in 3 leagues.

I avoided that by putting the :pointstosky: after the James Davis era begins part and not after the Jamal Lewis is down part.

Bumped for all the haters.

Davis is a better bench sleeper than Wells. (Who I dropped in 2 leagues today)

Patience baby. And here's a three cheers to the Jerome Harrison thread at the top and the smaller "Don't make me bump the JD1 thread" topics.

WELL BUMP IT THEN BIG BOY.

4 leagues owned and just a matter of time! (Gulp) :wub:

/Try not to get in a focking car accident you dumbfock drunk this week

apparently didn't practice wednesday. i'm guessing we have to put the james davis lovefest on hold for another week.

i took him 9th in my 11-team keeper league. we'll see how it works out.

I just don't know...

James Davis

Pros: tore it up in pre-season

Cons: Jamal Lewis didn't get cut; Jamal Lewis looks explosive; he plays for Cleveland

Beanie Wells

Pros: 1st RB taken and more natural talent than Davis; plays for a team that can score a lot of points

Cons: Tim Hightower looked good week 1; pass protection is suspect

Seems pretty even to me, and I'll err on the side of 1st RB taken in the draft on an explosive offense.

Nobody ever said this was gonna be easy. If everybody could predict sleepers it wouldn't be any fun. Couple set backs last week with the car accident and small injury. I've adjusted my prediction that Davis will be the unquestioned starter for the Browns from week four back to week six. :dunno:

If you have the roster room I would advise hanging on to him. If you don't then do what you must, but...ummmm....keep an eye on the situation. :dunno:

Bumped for all the haters.

Patience baby. And here's a three cheers to the Jerome Harrison thread at the top and the smaller "Don't make me bump the JD1 thread" topics.

WELL BUMP IT THEN BIG BOY.

4 leagues owned and just a matter of time! (Gulp) :thumbsdown:

/Try not to get in a focking car accident you dumbfock drunk this week

Better bench sleeper than Wells? How do you figure?

Jamal Lewis was also kept out of practice yesterday.

I dunno that Beanie was ever a sleeper as he was getting touted as their #1 back right after the draft.

Hopefully Jamal gets his Stinger re-stung against the Ravens in week 3, it's not like anyone would be using Davis that week anyways, and then Davis can come in and eat up some Cincy.

Um, if you dropped Wells in lieu of Davis, you need to rectify that situation post haste.

The News-Herald reports Browns RB James Davis said Monday he had no update on his injured shoulder that forced him to leave Sunday's game against Minnesota. The story said Davis' left arm appeared to be hanging a little limply, but he wasn't wearing a sling. "(Coach Eric) Mangini told me not to talk about that play," Davis said, trying to hold back a smile. The Browns could be in serious trouble if Davis cannot play against the Broncos on Sunday in Denver. Jerome Harrison has a knee injury and Cedric Peerman a thigh injury. Jamal Lewis is the only healthy running back. Before the injury, Davis rushed four times for 5 yards. It was a sharp contrast to the preseason when Davis averaged 7.8 yards a carry. Davis also caught three passes for 4 yards. "I thought it was pretty tough," Davis said. "The speed of the game definitely changed. A lot of guys were a lot faster. But I thought I played a pretty good game."

Um, if you dropped Wells in lieu of Davis, you need to rectify that situation post haste.

Disagree. Here's how I see it - Both were expendable on my bench at this point - and Davis (albeit the bad timing minor injuries) is still the better killer sleeper.

Hightower is going to kill it in a Welker-like role while Warner regroups with Breaston and Boldin getting healthy and Wells is going to see minor work with maybe a stride here and there or a big run, where Davis is the key to the reigns once Jamal comes back down to "old timer" earth. Plus, AZ is pass happy altogether.

I see no regrets no matter how it plays out at this point. JD1 or bust. (Plus, I have Brown as well in some leagues - both are more valuable to me - I consider Wells a "Shon Greene" rookie situation - love the guy, but not worth the spot)

I got Davis and I would trade him for Wells in a second , Tried but the Wells owner laughhed and said no.By Mid season Wells will be putting up better numbers and Davis will probally have ben long dropped by me.

Disagree. Here's how I see it - Both were expendable on my bench at this point - and Davis (albeit the bad timing minor injuries) is still the better killer sleeper.

Hightower is going to kill it in a Welker-like role while Warner regroups with Breaston and Boldin getting healthy and Wells is going to see minor work with maybe a stride here and there or a big run, where Davis is the key to the reigns once Jamal comes back down to "old timer" earth. Plus, AZ is pass happy altogether.

I see no regrets no matter how it plays out at this point. JD1 or bust. (Plus, I have Brown as well in some leagues - both are more valuable to me - I consider Wells a "Shon Greene" rookie situation - love the guy, but not worth the spot)

if you think Hightower will have a similar stat line to week one often you're smoking something nice. That wasn't the product of a gameplan

Surprised there were no comments about Mr. Davis after this week.

Hard to believe that his stock could rise due to not playing in the game, but you have to think it did thanks to horrible performances from both Lewis and Harrison. I'm still hanging on to him mainly due to a lack of other options on the WW, but next week could be a test to see if he can actually do something in the game and if Lewis struggles again.

Although as others have been saying from the beginning, the Browns might be so bad that even if he does become the starter he might not be too valuable.

Surprised there were no comments about Mr. Davis after this week.

Hard to believe that his stock could rise due to not playing in the game, but you have to think it did thanks to horrible performances from both Lewis and Harrison. I'm still hanging on to him mainly due to a lack of other options on the WW, but next week could be a test to see if he can actually do something in the game and if Lewis struggles again.

Although as others have been saying from the beginning, the Browns might be so bad that even if he does become the starter he might not be too valuable.

He's had some bad luck with the car thing and the shoulder injury so it's been quiet. However, I do agree with you that both Lewis and Harrison had a lackluster outing. Davis will hopefully be back next week and get a shot. It's gonna happen, it's just a matter of waiting it out. Bottom line is if you have the roster room, stash him. If you need that roster spot due to injury or whathaveyou, then drop him. Personally I'm not gonna drop him for a flash in the pan WR though.

Mr. James Davis, it's looking like it's going to be your moment this weekend. Get ready to say hello to a Mr. Ray Lewis.... a lot.

Yup. BIG TIME is here. It's either this weekend or nothing. J. Lewis is busted up and now is his time to shine. I pray he just goes off somehow no matter the odds and I can play him the rest of the ###### year.

Practiced fully today and should be ready to go Sunday! :overhead:

Get ready to say hello to a Mr. Ray Lewis.... a lot.

Seriously. The play where he ended Reshard Mendenhall's season last year just flashed through my head.

Seriously. The play where he ended Reshard Mendenhall's season last year just flashed through my head.

Car accident? Shoulder injury? FOCK Ray Lewis!

Davis is coming baby, and when he does, the faithful shall be rewarded! It's like a bad religion baby. :pointstosky:

I'm a bit dissapointed I had to drop D'Brown in some leagues but Indy's running game on a whole is a joke.

Just picked him up so I suppose I'm on the bandwagon. My team is chock full of fliers right now after starting 0-2. My RB4 and 5 are Forsett and Davis! It would truly be a spectacular year if one or both of them pay off and Johnny Knox becomes this years Royal...but more than likely I'll finish dead last.

Yup. BIG TIME is here. It's either this weekend or nothing. J. Lewis is busted up and now is his time to shine. I pray he just goes off somehow no matter the odds and I can play him the rest of the ###### year.

Practiced fully today and should be ready to go Sunday! :doublethumbsup:

I dunno about this weekend or nothing since he's playing the Ravens, but if he does well it could be the beginning of the end for Lewis. If he does absolutely nothing then I may give up on him for now. Most likely he will have a mediocre game and won't really give us any more answers.

Just picked him up so I suppose I'm on the bandwagon. My team is chock full of fliers right now after starting 0-2. My RB4 and 5 are Forsett and Davis! It would truly be a spectacular year if one or both of them pay off and Johnny Knox becomes this years Royal...but more than likely I'll finish dead last.

I...I...I don't even know how to respond to this. When last I checked, everybody on here was undefeated and the highest scoring team in their league(s), rich, well endowed and dating a Playboy Centerfold/Pronstar. I had always viewed FFToday as "The Ladders" of Fantasy Football sites or perhaps "The Skulls". I have some serious contemplating to do...

Browns | Lewis ruled out Week 3 Published Sat Sep 26 6:19:45 p.m. CT 2009

(KFFL) Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports Cleveland Browns RB Jamal Lewis (hamstring) has been ruled out of the team's Week 3 game.

Browns | Lewis ruled out Week 3 Published Sat Sep 26 6:19:45 p.m. CT 2009

(KFFL) Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports Cleveland Browns RB Jamal Lewis (hamstring) has been ruled out of the team's Week 3 game.

So?

Harrison and Davis will both be stoned by the Ravens front 7.

So?

Harrison and Davis will both be stoned by the Ravens front 7.

Probably. Or maybe not. We will see, but how effective Davis is this week is not what I'm looking at perse. It's the reps. It's how he responds to the Ravens. It's the comments after the game if Davis picked up the blitz well to protect the QB. It's if he is used in the passing game any. That's what I'm looking for. Because that's what the coaching staff (who calls the plays and sets the starters) look for. It's doubtful that any RB will have a big day against Baltimore so I'm very tempered, but I look at today as the first baby step of the changing of the guard at the RB position in Cleveland.

Trust me, nobody drafted or picked up James Davis to play him week three versus the Ravens. We were looking more long term. As in the second half of the season. :wave:

Not a single carry in the first half for Davis, and Jerome Harrison averaging 4.0 YPC. Davis may be smelling the WW after this week for me.

Not a single carry in the first half for Davis, and Jerome Harrison averaging 4.0 YPC. Davis may be smelling the WW after this week for me.

If he's active and healthy and doesn't sniff the field, then he has no business being on 10- and probably 12- team rosters.

he is still a "SLEEPER" with one carry so far for -1 yards and may never wake up :thumbsdown: Its about time Derek Anderson gets some PT :doublethumbsup:

This one's getting bumped for the poosays starting the new threads.

Yup, lets eat the CROW and the ish on this one. Put on IR earlier today for his - shoulder? WTF did he do to it that severely.

It was a good experiment while it lasted, I had already dropped him in 3/4 of my leagues last week to make room.

The party's over, the beer is tapped, and the strippers are wearing pasties.

FAIL! :wave:

oh well... now we just all look like idiots since there will be no "I told you he would be good" moment. let's just hope that nobody remembers back in the draft when we took him and people said "WHO THE FOCK IS THAT. YOU'RE AN IDIOT"

we'll just do it again next year :dunno:

oh well... now we just all look like idiots since there will be no "I told you he would be good" moment. let's just hope that nobody remembers back in the draft when we took him and people said "WHO THE FOCK IS THAT. YOU'RE AN IDIOT"

we'll just do it again next year :dunno:

No one who drafted or picked up Davis early in the season should look like an idiot. The guy got injured. He had a lot of upside, Lewis got hurt, but unfortunately Davis didn't stay healthy, either - if anyone predicted that James Davis would be on IR by Week 4, speak up. Didn't think so.

It's one thing to invest highly in a guy like Westbrook, and have him go out with an injury - it's a well-known risk. Not the same thing with a rookie (no NFL injury history) who gets into a car crash (impossible to predict).

And you're right - depending on how his health is going into the off-season, I'll probably target him again next year - the only problem is, Lewis will likely be long-gone, and he'll cost a lot more than a double-digit round pick.

Welp, getting about time to start up the old engine again. Now that Davis is healthy after his torn labrum. It should be clear sailing for the starting nod in Cleveland. That little toddler that did well in a couple games last year won't last. I think we were a year to early on this RB. :wub:

The guy got hurt by playing tackle football without pads on against linebackers who were fully padded. If that doesn't scream Bad Ass, then I don't know what does. :bandana:

I'm thinking 1500 total and 12 TD's. :doublethumbsup:

Welp, getting about time to start up the old engine again. Now that Davis is healthy after his torn labrum. It should be clear sailing for the starting nod in Cleveland. That little toddler that did well in a couple games last year won't last. I think we were a year to early on this RB. :shocking:

The guy got hurt by playing tackle football without pads on against linebackers who were fully padded. If that doesn't scream Bad Ass, then I don't know what does. :bandana:

I'm thinking 1500 total and 12 TD's. :rolleyes:

amen brother, he's sitting on my IR in dynasty right this moment just waiting for his time to shine!!! e'rbody knows that record setting 2 games that Harrison had was purely a fluke.