Sign in to follow this  
thekris

First Trade of the Season

TheKris gets: Derrick Ward RB

Lee Evans WR

The Kris gives: Frank Gore RB

Steve Breaston WR

I already have Michael Turner and Clinton Portis as my RBs so I'll throw Ward in my Flex position. And my WRs, besides Breaston, are Santonio Holmes, Eddie Royal, and Santana Moss. If Gore gets injured again, or doesn't perform, Coffee will be breathing down his neck to take some carries away. Ward had a hell of a year last year as a backup, this year he'll be starting. Even if TBs line isn't as good as NYG I still think I did well here.

The Kris got HOSED!!

Ward is in a 3 headed rbbc and Lee Evans is Lee Evans, nothing special. Gore 1s an RB1. Gotta get better than that IMO.

The Kris got HOSED!!

Ward is in a 3 headed rbbc and Lee Evans is Lee Evans, nothing special. Gore 1s an RB1. Gotta get better than that IMO.

I hope The Kris got a courtesy reach around on that trade. Brutal.

Oh shoot, I didn't realize you were the kris. Man, that trade is as bad as I have ever seen - wtf were you thinking? You gave up Gore for Ward who is in a 3 way time share?? :overhead:

Bummer...

Ward had over 1,000 yards last year with Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw. He'll get a lot more carries with Graham and Cadillac in his backfield with him. Gore's a hard tackle away from taking a step back and watching Glen Coffee get the carries. Lee Evans is Lee Evans but he's still a lot better than Steve Breaston. And if TO gets doubled up, it'll be time for Evans to shine again. The Kris did well.

:overhead: + :headbanger: 1 :D

Oh shoot, I didn't realize you were the kris. Man, that trade is as bad as I have ever seen - wtf were you thinking? You gave up Gore for Ward who is in a 3 way time share?? :shocking:

Bummer...

+ 1 on that. Cadillac will get carries out of vet status and you still have to deal with Graham! Jesus man.

I forgot to ask for that in the negotiations. So that's my own fault. But last year I made a trade with the same guy. I gave up Steven Jackson and he gave me Michael Turner. I'm sure all of you naysayers would've said the same thing 12 months ago.

So you are relying on a guy to get hurt to turn this trade into an advantage for you. Nice logic. :shocking:

i think its fine to deal Gore for Ward........ if you got a better WR.

Evans wasn't enough to make this a doable deal imo.

So you are relying on a guy to get hurt to turn this trade into an advantage for you. Nice logic. :shocking:

not neccessarily but it's something to consider. You've never taken injuries into consideration during a draft or a trade? I'm still standing by my S.Jax/Turner trade last year where everyone thought I was crazy and it paid off well. Gonna go 2 for 2 with my preseason trading!!!

I forgot to ask for that in the negotiations. So that's my own fault. But last year I made a trade with the same guy. I gave up Steven Jackson and he gave me Michael Turner. I'm sure all of you naysayers would've said the same thing 12 months ago.

Not even close to what you traded this year.

Not even close to what you traded this year.

Last year Michael Turner was unproven as a starter. It would be like Darren Sproles joining some crappy team and getting picked up in a trade. I'm looking forward to week 5 when I come back to this thread with a ton of bragging rights...

Or avoid this thread so people forget about the trade I made.

Last years trade was for a 1st rd RB for a guy that went in the 2nd or 3rd. This years trade is a 1st for an ADP of 5.04 per AntSports. :shocking:

Or avoid this thread so people forget about the trade I made.

That ain't gonna happen :shocking:

The problem is that Evans is no better and maybe worse than the 3 guys you already have at WR. You really just improved your WR depth at the expense of a major downgrade to your flex position.

That ain't gonna happen :overhead:

I know. You ball-busters will definitely let me hear it if I'm wrong. But I'm ready. I'll have line charts and everything to back up my big mouth halfway through the season when things work out to my benefit.

Ward had over 1,000 yards last year with Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw. He'll get a lot more carries with Graham and Cadillac in his backfield with him. Gore's a hard tackle away from taking a step back and watching Glen Coffee get the carries. Lee Evans is Lee Evans but he's still a lot better than Steve Breaston. And if TO gets doubled up, it'll be time for Evans to shine again. The Kris did well.

Ward ran behind the NYG line not the TB line

Love it when someone posts in the wrong forum gets ripped and then tries unsuccessfully to justify himself or in this case himkrisself.

Of course I'm gonna try to justify myself. Who wouldn't? Plus it'll be that much sweeter when I end up right. By week 5, when my guys stats are better than the guys I traded, I expect an entire page of "I'm sorry"s from everyone that posted against me! :lol:

Of course I'm gonna try to justify myself. Who wouldn't? Plus it'll be that much sweeter when I end up right. By week 5, when my guys stats are better than the guys I traded, I expect an entire page of "I'm sorry"s from everyone that posted against me! :lol:

its a bad trade any way you slice it up.

even if you predict Gore goes down to injury, you could have got more in return.

Evans over Breaston wasn't a big enough upgrade.

After 5 weeks if Evans and Ward have marginally better stats than Gore and Breaston, I know you won't get a sorry from me. Because it doesn't change the fact that you should have got more.

if you are so high on ward and so low on gore then why did you draft him in the first place? You could have taken ward many rounds later and had a stronger team.

IMO you not only gave up the better RB. You're also giving up the better WR.

As a side note. Ward has missed more time the last 2 years to injury than Frank Gore. That with Ward being a backup. There's absolutely no way to justify this trade. NONE!!!!!!!!

bad trade here. When making trades at this point in the season you should use ADP's as a reference point for valuing the players. And you SHOULD overpay for a guy if you have a good feeling about them or really want them on your team, but you overpaid by too much man.

Maybe Ward is a monster, good for you! But you could have gotten a better receiver....even though I like Evans this season.

IMO you not only gave up the better RB. You're also giving up the better WR.

As a side note. Ward has missed more time the last 2 years to injury than Frank Gore. That with Ward being a backup. There's absolutely no way to justify this trade. NONE!!!!!!!!

I think that's the thing that makes it a bad deal. I could very easily see Breaston having better numbers than Evans and you have to be concerned with the workload that caddy is getting thus far.

If thekris likes the deal that's fine, but as was mentioned before, if Ward was the guy you wanted, you could have gone WR where you took Gore (late first early second) and had a much better team with Ward and a top tier WR instead of Ward and Evans.

Wow...just wow. That is absolutely terrible.

Way to add your insight! Very good.

It's hard to argue with a lot of the other things said though. I honestly was not high on Gore at all this year (which is why I went with Portis in Round 2) but when he was still there in round 3 I felt I had to grab him up. Most of the rest of you guys do make a lot of good points. I'm just hoping to luck out so I can brag and act like a genius in a couple months :cheers:

(which is why I went with Portis in Round 2) but when he was still there in round 3 I felt I had to grab him up. Most of the rest of you guys do make a lot of good points. I'm just hoping to luck out so I can brag and act like a genius in a couple months :cheers:

Gore in round 3? :wave:

Now you're opening yourself up to a lot of "who's in your league? " Your mom, stepsisters and Aunt Sally?

Good luck with that.

yup BAD trade :banana: i really like Evans this year but as everyone has stated on here Ward is one of 3 backs and GORE is the man. Caddy showed last night he is ready to get some carries. sure he may get hurt again but you got screwed.

But how the hell did Gore go in round 3?????? :banana: :blink: :nono: :wall:

Don't come at me at week 5, come at me week 15 or 16.

Breaston had 14 more catches, 11 less yards, and the same touchdown total as Evans.

Breaston will still contribute in the return game if your league rewards for that. Also consider Breaston is going into his 3rd year, meaning he could come back better than last year. The Cardinals offense will be pass first (2nd and 3rd?) again and Breaston is going to catch a lot of balls.

You gave up Gore and I'm not even sure you got the better wide receiver.

The worst part about the deal is Evans is not even better than your current receivers. Santonio Holmes and Eddie Royal will both have better years than Evans.

This deal is a bad deal.

looks like thekris was hoping for a pat in the back, but wound up with a kick in the ass. oops.

never trade away someone with the word breast in their name

its a bad trade any way you slice it up.

even if you predict Gore goes down to injury, you could have got more in return.

Evans over Breaston wasn't a big enough upgrade.

After 5 weeks if Evans and Ward have marginally better stats than Gore and Breaston, I know you won't get a sorry from me. Because it doesn't change the fact that you should have got more.

:doublethumbsup:

Down grade at RB and toss up at WR............. You suck

Of course I'm gonna try to justify myself. Who wouldn't? Plus it'll be that much sweeter when I end up right. By week 5, when my guys stats are better than the guys I traded, I expect an entire page of "I'm sorry"s from everyone that posted against me! :doublethumbsup:

Not happening. And your signature quote is weak as all ****.

Not happening. And your signature quote is weak as all ****.

My sig quote is the absolute truth. Only internet tough guys would be offended by it.

And I really don't mind the criticism. That's the whole reason I posted the trade on here. Although I thought I'd get at least one person agreeing with me. At least a lot of you offered intelligent insight as to why it was stupid. Oh well, maybe I'll overcome the odds and still pull something out of it. If so, I'll be on here bragging!

My sig quote is the absolute truth. Only internet tough guys would be offended by it.

And I really don't mind the criticism. That's the whole reason I posted the trade on here. Although I thought I'd get at least one person agreeing with me. At least a lot of you offered intelligent insight as to why it was stupid. Oh well, maybe I'll overcome the odds and still pull something out of it. If so, I'll be on here bragging!

Don't get me wrong i'm not really defending you, i think you should have went another route if you were looking to move a guy like Gore to upgrade at WR... like Gore straight up for a White, Jennings, Wayne type of guy... or even throw in one of your Wr's along with Gore to get a deal like that done....

However a lot of people on here have totally given up on Evans which I think is a mistake... The guy looked REALLY good last year before Trent Edwards got knocked the F out and all chemistry was lost as the Bills as a whole crumbled into turds... now he has a beast to take attention off him and single him up.... I hope your league rewards you extra for long Td's as Lee has a few bombs up his sleeve this year for sure..... you may have the last laugh in this thread when all said and done... I wish ya luck

TheRob

Don't get me wrong i'm not really defending you, i think you should have went another route if you were looking to move a guy like Gore to upgrade at WR... like Gore straight up for a White, Jennings, Wayne type of guy... or even throw in one of your Wr's along with Gore to get a deal like that done....

However a lot of people on here have totally given up on Evans which I think is a mistake... The guy looked REALLY good last year before Trent Edwards got knocked the F out and all chemistry was lost as the Bills as a whole crumbled into turds... now he has a beast to take attention off him and single him up.... I hope your league rewards you extra for long Td's as Lee has a few bombs up his sleeve this year for sure..... you may have the last laugh in this thread when all said and done... I wish ya luck

TheRob

Thank you sir. I'm now at the point that those that bash me but do it nicer and with constructive criticism, it feels like you're an ally. I now see I could've still lost Gore but received better players for him. I undervalued him in my trade. But I agree with your assessment on Evans. I think TO joining the team is the best thing that could happen to him. We'll see I suppose. Here's hoping for the last laugh!