Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

Is it time to pickup JAMES DAVIS?

ask yourself - would you want any Cleveland RB in this "offense", let alone one playing the Ravens?

Sounds like Jamal Lewis has some sort of injury. Is it time to pickup James Davis?

ask yourself - would you want any Cleveland RB in this "offense", let alone one playing the Ravens?

Honestly, with the exception of the "playing the Ravens" part, yes...I think I'd like to have the most likely target for Brady Captain Checkdown Quinn.

Honestly, with the exception of the "playing the Ravens" part, yes...I think I'd like to have the most likely target for Brady Captain Checkdown Quinn.

Lewis has 4 targets in 2 games?

According to NFL.com, Browns' rookie running back James Davis will start on Sunday if Jamal Lewis is unable to go. Lewis hasn't been able to practice this week, and Davis said he is fully recovered and ready to go.

Our View: After a huge preseason in which he nearly won the starting job, Davis could get his chance this week. Lewis is not a reliable fantasy running back, and if Davis impresses he could be in line for the majority of the carries in Cleveland.

I will have to drop my backup QB Garrard to add him. I hope he keeps the job. Will hate to drop for a 1 week thing.

wouldn't you rather he got this chance against another team? if he goes in and goes 10 for 20 it gives them an excuse to go back to lewis.

wait another week ... let lewis try to suck it up against his former team. browns go to 0-3 and they turn to davis.

wouldn't you rather he got this chance against another team? if he goes in and goes 10 for 20 it gives them an excuse to go back to lewis.

wait another week ... let lewis try to suck it up against his former team. browns go to 0-3 and they turn to davis.

Yes, I would rather wait. Just didnt want another manager to beat me to it as often happens in this league.

I have not picked him as yet though.

Ok now is the time to take advantage of him especially if you are in one of those leagues that have waviers on sundays. I'll take a chance with him now and hope for the best. It's now or never dawg and you better get your azz off the porch and run with the big pack Davis.

With Jamal Lewis (hamstring) out for the second straight day, Jerome Harrison handled the first-team reps in practice.

Harrison, not rookie James Davis, would likely draw the start if Lewis can't go on Sunday. The two backs would likely rotate, however, with neither deserving of fantasy consideration against the league's No. 1 ranked run defense.

The thing is, if (and it's a big if) he goes off against the Ravens then you wont have a chance to get him because every media outlet (ESPN, Yahoo, etc) will be all over him as the FA pickup of the week, must have, etc. Right now, only the hardcore football guys even know the guy exists, but one big game in this age of the internet will quickly chance that. Again, a big if but something to consider.

Yes, I would rather wait. Just didnt want another manager to beat me to it as often happens in this league.

I have not picked him as yet though.

i did not mean you should wait to pick him up. i meant i would prefer the browns not make this his shot.

I drafted Davis with my last pick....so I'm not invested enough to really get excited. With LT hurt & sitting at 0-2, any RB that starts is a welcome addition to my team, regardless of who he plays for. I'd like JLew & Westie to turn it over to Davis & McCoy here real soon or my boat will sink!

The thing is, if (and it's a big if) he goes off against the Ravens then you wont have a chance to get him because every media outlet (ESPN, Yahoo, etc) will be all over him as the FA pickup of the week, must have, etc. Right now, only the hardcore football guys even know the guy exists, but one big game in this age of the internet will quickly chance that. Again, a big if but something to consider.

This is an excellent point. However, I doubt he goes off on Ravens front 7. So, if you pick him up and start him this weekend, you will be sorry. Next week should be better though....

I'm debating if I need to cut Forsett for him. Thoughts?

This is an excellent point. However, I doubt he goes off on Ravens front 7. So, if you pick him up and start him this weekend, you will be sorry. Next week should be better though....

I'm debating if I need to cut Forsett for him. Thoughts?

Deciding the same thing. I want both guys because of the potential HUGE upside but only have room for one. :dunno:

Currently my plan is to go with Forsett since he is more likely to break out this week than Davis is. Then try and work out some 2-for-1 trade during the week to make room for Davis.

You can't be serious......the preseason "James Davis" threads on this site and others are like 25 pages. Between him and RRice have to be the most hyped players coming into this season. The downside to drafting him, like I did, is that he most likely won't have much value until later on in the season which does't do much good when you have to call upon your RB depth early because of injury, like I do (LT2,PT). I was fortunate enough to snag McGahee off the wire after week one but if I forced to pick up another RB......Davis would be the player I would drop.

You can't be serious......the preseason "James Davis" threads on this site and others are like 25 pages. Between him and RRice have to be the most hyped players coming into this season. The downside to drafting him, like I did, is that he most likely won't have much value until later on in the season which does't do much good when you have to call upon your RB depth early because of injury, like I do (LT2,PT). I was fortunate enough to snag McGahee off the wire after week one but if I forced to pick up another RB......Davis would be the player I would drop.

Yeah but how many fantasy players go on sites like this and how many just follow the major outlets (NFL, Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, etc) for advice? Unless you're in an experts league, if you drafted James Davis most other people in the draft would've given you a "who???" Most non hardcore football fans have no idea who the guy is until he's being named on ESPN by Matt Berry or NFL.COM's main page as pickup of the week.

Yeah but how many fantasy players go on sites like this and how many just follow the major outlets (NFL, Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, etc) for advice? Unless you're in an experts league, if you drafted James Davis most other people in the draft would've given you a "who???" Most non hardcore football fans have no idea who the guy is until he's being named on ESPN by Matt Berry or NFL.COM's main page as pickup of the week.

I have to agree here.

Our owner that drafted him quietly dropped him last week, so I know for a fact there are owners in my league unuware of this. And they keep bringing $200 checks to the draft. :overhead:

Well, according to your member # over 100k come to just this site. However, I have only played in one league for the past 25 years with mostly the same 10 guys......guess I am not tuned in to clueless FF masses. LOL

You're about two months late to the party. But welcome aboard!@#! :rolleyes:

:pointstosky: :lol:

hes been sitting on my bench quietly waiting for his chance :nono:

Wait...

So James Davis was drafted in your league but Willis McGahee wasn't?

Same as my league, Willis McGahee was not drafted in my league ir alot of 10 team leagues ( and mnaybe a few 12 team leagues) due to Ray Rice. Everyone went for Ray Rice. He was picked up after week 2 in my league.

You're about two months late to the party. But welcome aboard!@#! :pointstosky:

I drafted Davis but dropped him earlier. I only have 4 bench spots, so Bell took his spot a couple of weeks ago.

Was wondering if it was time to pick him up again.

Was thinking of Betts too.

Wait...

:pointstosky: thats a pretty good point this Hauck fella has :unsure:

Davis was drafted but McGahee was not? McGahee was a 2nd rounder last year sounds to me like you have some guys doing a little to much fantasy football reading :dunno:

Same as my league, Willis McGahee was not drafted in my league ir alot of 10 team leagues ( and mnaybe a few 12 team leagues) due to Ray Rice. Everyone went for Ray Rice. He was picked up after week 2 in my league.

10 TEAM leagues do not COUNT :pointstosky:

Wait...

That would be correct. Rice went in the fourth. In our league normally only rookie/2nd year backup RB's are taken. Is it different in your league? Of course a vet often does have a resurgence and have value again.....doesn't happen much though.

10 TEAM leagues do not COUNT :blink:

I thought we already discussed this in another thread......where the anti-tenteamers were clearly thrashed. Speaking of clearly thrashed see: upcoming MLB playoffs when the Yankees finish the decade as they started WORLD CHAMPIONS!

That would be correct. Rice went in the fourth. In our league normally only rookie/2nd year backup RB's are taken. Is it different in your league? Of course a vet often does have a resurgence and have value again.....doesn't happen much though.

Uh, yeah. In by far his worst season in the NFL, McGahee still had 7 TD's last year, and going into the season you knew he was at least going to get a share of the carries. I like Davis, but going into the season he was at best the backup RB on a terrible team. So were Darren Sproles, Ahmad Bradshaw, Leon Washington, and LenDale White all undrafted in your league as well?

Uh, yeah. In by far his worst season in the NFL, McGahee still had 7 TD's last year, and going into the season you knew he was at least going to get a share of the carries. I like Davis, but going into the season he was at best the backup RB on a terrible team. So were Darren Sproles, Ahmad Bradshaw, Leon Washington, and LenDale White all undrafted in your league as well?

fantasy football has become, in part, about finding the next hidden gem. davis could be that guy. mcgahee can't.

my league is a keeper league. i'm more interested in davis than i am in mcgahee. i took davis in the first round. mcgahee never got drafted. he still isn't rostered. of course, we have a unique scoring system where TDs are half-value so that's part of the reason why.

fantasy football has become, in part, about finding the next hidden gem. davis could be that guy. mcgahee can't.

my league is a keeper league. i'm more interested in davis than i am in mcgahee. i took davis in the first round. mcgahee never got drafted. he still isn't rostered. of course, we have a unique scoring system where TDs are half-value so that's part of the reason why.

Wha...James...Davis...1st...round...wtf? Do you keep 20 guys per year? That'd be even more reason for McGahee to get drafted. I don't care if he doesn't have any "upside" despite being 28 and having four 1000-yard seasons and averaging over 7 TD's per year, he at least deserved to be on a roster.

Yes, all the players you mentioned were drafted in our league.......McGahee was not. He has been pretty inconsistent his whole career and from past experience frustrating to own........yet he is now back on my roster and I hope he continues to put up RB1 #s.......just not counting on it.

Yes, all the players you mentioned were drafted in our league.......McGahee was not. He has been pretty inconsistent his whole career and from past experience frustrating to own........yet he is now back on my roster and I hope he continues to put up RB1 #s.......just not counting on it.

Over his entire career, he's averaged:

83 total yards, 0.57 TD's per game

Basically 11 fantasy points per game...over his entire career. That's not too shabby.

He's never had less than 5 TD's in a season. He had 1,000 total yards in each of his first 4 seasons, and in by far his worst season still had 844 total yards in 13 games last year...in 16 games that would've been over 1,000 again.

Bottom line, it is a travesty if James Davis was drafted before Willis McGahee.

Over his entire career, he's averaged:

83 total yards, 0.57 TD's per game

Basically 11 fantasy points per game...over his entire career. That's not too shabby.

He's never had less than 5 TD's in a season. He had 1,000 total yards in each of his first 4 seasons, and in by far his worst season still had 844 total yards in 13 games last year...in 16 games that would've been over 1,000 again.

Bottom line, it is a travesty if James Davis was drafted before Willis McGahee.

Travesty is bit strong. The fact is that McGahee was a starter when he compiled those stats. Rice was named the starter in preseason.......our league went PPR this year so McGahee's value dropped significantly. It remains to be seen whether the James Davis hype is justified. And looking over the MFL ADP looks like Davis and McGahee were right around 140. Our league drafts 150........so not so far off the mark for him to missed be drafted.......and he was the first WW pickup.

Maybe I should've picked up Jerome Harrison?

lol

Did you take issue with Davis' 5 rushes for 10 yards (2.0 ypc), or his 1 reception for 1 yard?