Sign in to follow this  
kennybanya

Starting Hasselbeck? Over who?

After last week's performance and his matchup against Arizona, I'm considering giving Hasselbeck the nod over Schaub. I may get struck by lightning, but the Bengals defense kind of scares me.

Right now I have him in over Cutler...still not 100% sure, but the fact Hass is at home while Cutler plays in the dome @ Atl is kind of the tie-breaker. I don't trust Hass' o-line, but have faith the 'Hawks offensive staff will call stuff to get the ball out of Hass' hands quickly. Plus, it could be a shoot-out

Thinking about starting Hasselbeck over C Palmer. Thing is, it seems like Hasselbeck rarely has monster games like he did last week. He usually gets a boring 200 yards and a TD.

He's probably safer, but in my mind he has less big game potential than a lot of QBs.

Starting Hass over Rivers this week.

Last week I started Anderson over Hass because Rivers was on a BYE and I thought Hass wouldnt make it the whole game.

Thinking about starting Hasselbeck over C Palmer. Thing is, it seems like Hasselbeck rarely has monster games like he did last week. He usually gets a boring 200 yards and a TD. He\'s probably safer, but in my mind he has less big game potential than a lot of QBs.

I get what you are saying, but you are aware that he\'s had a 3 TD and 4 TD game this year right? Aside from the game he was injured in, he\'s been awesome. Not to mention they have a terrible run game and really lean on Hass.

Trying to decide between Hass and Rodgers.

Puhleeze. If you hate the Pack that much - because I can't think of any other reason you are debating it - then just don't draft anyone from GB.

Every projection I've looked at this week has Rogers #1*. I read the other day that Detroit is carrying 10 DBs - 9 of whom are new this year, and 1 backup who is in his second year. I've been a Lions fan for 43 seasons, and my philosophy this year is start every QB/WR/TE I can against them.

*sorry, that was hyperbole...CBS and NFL.com have him #2

Back to the OP...considering him over Brady.

Puhleeze. If you hate the Pack that much - because I can't think of any other reason you are debating it - then just don't draft anyone from GB.

Every projection I've looked at this week has Rogers #1*. I read the other day that Detroit is carrying 10 DBs - 9 of whom are new this year, and 1 backup who is in his second year. I've been a Lions fan for 43 seasons, and my philosophy this year is start every QB/WR/TE I can against them.

It's not hate of the Packers. I have no problem putting my homerism aside when it comes to FF.

Detroit is 27th against the pass, Arizona is dead last, although Detroit has given up 6 more passing TDs. Arizona is scoring slightly more PPG than Detroit. Hass is scoring slightly better in PPG (when he plays the whole game) than Rodgers is (albeit in a small sample size).

Also, Arizona is number 2 in rushing yards per attempt defensively, compared to Detroit's number 28, with Green Bay at 12th RYPA offensively vs Seattle's 23rd.

I think it's pretty much a coin toss between the 2, they should both put up BIG numbers, but Seattle plays a slightly worse defense, who has a slightly better offense, and will need to rely more on the pass than Green Bay.

It's not hate of the Packers. I have no problem putting my homerism aside when it comes to FF.

Detroit is 27th against the pass, Arizona is dead last, although Detroit has given up 6 more passing TDs. Arizona is scoring slightly more PPG than Detroit. Hass is scoring slightly better in PPG (when he plays the whole game) than Rodgers is (albeit in a small sample size).

Also, Arizona is number 2 in rushing yards per attempt defensively, compared to Detroit's number 28, with Green Bay at 12th RYPA offensively vs Seattle's 23rd.

I think it's pretty much a coin toss between the 2, they should both put up BIG numbers, but Seattle plays a slightly worse defense, who has a slightly better offense, and will need to rely more on the pass than Green Bay.

GB will be done with DET early. If you think Rodgers will outscore Hass with a half of production go ahead and start him. I don't. SEA/ARZ is going to be a high scoring game. Hass is the better play.

I have the Schaub/Hasslehoff combo too.....I'm still on the fence. Schaub is so consistent, I hate to bench him. i could see Hass throwing for 3 TDs or getting knocked out in his 2nd drive.

I have changed my mind 100 times already. :headbanger:

I get what you are saying, but you are aware that he\'s had a 3 TD and 4 TD game this year right? Aside from the game he was injured in, he\'s been awesome. Not to mention they have a terrible run game and really lean on Hass.

In the two games he played in, he was great. A nice change from years of consistent mediocrity.

I actually bet SEA as one of my longshot superbowl winners preseason. Good coach, smart qb, upgraded wr, decent defense. But wins and stats are different things. Worried Hass will show his mediocre face.

Hasslebeck has a 4th string guy starting at left tackle. how can anyone bench a stud qb for hasslebeck.

Yep..and I agree. In my case, I'm just trying to decide whether Cutler is a stud (I don't think so, at least on the road at Atl on primetime). No way I sit guys like Warner or Rivers.

GB will be done with DET early. If you think Rodgers will outscore Hass with a half of production go ahead and start him. I don't. SEA/ARZ is going to be a high scoring game. Hass is the better play.

Rodgers averaged 318 yards and threw for 3 TDs in both games against Detroit last year.

Hasselbeck only played Ari once last year throwing for 170 yards and 1 TD.

Hasslebeck has a 4th string guy starting at left tackle. how can anyone bench a stud qb for hasslebeck.

Well he did a good job last week didn't he?? Last Sunday when Brandon Frye went down to a season ending neck injury on the 2nd series, Kyle Williams (USC) stepped in and Hass had a great week. At 6-6 and 295 lb, Williams knows the Seahawk system and will likely get the start this week. This week the Seahawks also picked up Tackle Damion McIntosh, who was cut in the preseason by KC, and he may play this week.

I am still on the fence between Hass and McNabb this week.

I have the Schaub/Hasslehoff combo too.....I'm still on the fence. Schaub is so consistent, I hate to bench him. i could see Hass throwing for 3 TDs or getting knocked out in his 2nd drive.

I have changed my mind 100 times already. :music_guitarred:

I also have the Schaub/Hasselbeck combo in 2 leagues. I benched Schaub for him in Week 2, the week Hasselbeck got hurt and Schaub went off. I won't do it again. Starting Schaub and not looking back. I think the Cards are gonna surprise the Seahawks coming off a big win against a Jags team with an identity crisis.

The Texans are gonna be hungry after that loss.

Rodgers averaged 318 yards and threw for 3 TDs in both games against Detroit last year.

Hasselbeck only played Ari once last year throwing for 170 yards and 1 TD.

You guys don't really look at last year do you?

Well he did a good job last week didn't he?? Last Sunday when Brandon Frye went down to a season ending neck injury on the 2nd series, Kyle Williams (USC) stepped in and Hass had a great week. At 6-6 and 295 lb, Williams knows the Seahawk system and will likely get the start this week. This week the Seahawks also picked up Tackle Damion McIntosh, who was cut in the preseason by KC, and he may play this week.

I am still on the fence between Hass and McNabb this week.

dude, Eli played a half against the raiders. do you really think IF McNabb plays the whole game they'll be airing it out? Start Hass with confidence

Warner.

Really??? I have both of them and I was going with Warner... it's only a matter of time before he has a 4 td game... And Boldin is finally healthly...

Really??? I have both of them and I was going with Warner... it's only a matter of time before he has a 4 td game... And Boldin is finally healthly...

Don't know if I'd start Hass over Warner but wouldn't agonize too much over it. Both are good plays but I would probably lean towards Warner.

You guys don't really look at last year do you?

Not really, I looked up Rodgers stats because I don't see much of a difference in either team this year with Stafford out. Hasselbeck happened to be on my bench and easy to look up, but I do think he will be better than last year.

I started Garrard over Hasselbeck last week, I am doing the opposite this week.

EVERYONE START GARRARD!!

Hass and McNabb, tough decision like everyone else. Don't know if you could go wrong either way, right now McNabb but I think I will change to Hass. Weather looks pretty crappy in Seattle come Sunday. Anyone think Hawks vs Arizona could be a shootout?

Rain today, tomorrow and Sunday in Seattle leading up to the game. This usually favors the offense, but if the field is complete mush, it doesn't favor anyone. Might be leaning more towards Schaub over Hasselbeck at this point. Still a tough call.

Hass over McNabb.

Should have done the same last week, but I kinda suck at this.

Debating between him and Schaub. Cincy will likely do a good job on AJ, and Arizona's pass defense sucks, which is why I'm even debating it. I feel like is a higher risk / higher reward play.

Puhleeze. If you hate the Pats that much - because I can't think of any other reason you are debating it - then just don't draft anyone from NE.

Every projection I've looked at this week has Brady #2*. I read the other day that Ten is a complete ###### show in the defensive back field with injuries, are a complete mess vs the pass. Im not a fan over the Titans, and my philosophy this year is start every QB/WR/TE I can against them.

*sorry, that was hyperbole...CBS and NFL.com have him #1

:first: sorry man, but when I read what you put here and then finished with, I had no choice!!!

BTW, I just picked up Hass for week 8, when Brady is on a Bye. Im not gonna lie and say that Im not SERIOUSLY considering putting Hass over Brady....prob is if Brady goes for 300 and 3, ill want to hang myself unless Hass goes for 300 and 4.

For those contemplating Hass over Schaub (as I am):

Seattle Game time weather = Here

Cincinnati Game time weather = Here

Showers likely in Seattle all day Sat, early Sunday then clearing but few showers returning at/near game time but temp near 60 degrees F.

Clear skies in Cincy all day Sunday but temp right around 35-40 with a 9 mph wind variable.

Which leads me right back to Indecisionville. :music_guitarred:

Tell you what; I'll post here who I select and you guys take the opposite knowing the guy I start will die in the first offensive series while the other guy pulls a monster game of a lifetime on my bench. :cry:

I'm torn between starting Hass and Rivers. If Rivers game wasn't Monday night and it wasn't against a team he hates and plays well against, I would go with Hass without a doubt.