Sign in to follow this  
davidbostonisgood

Interesting Discussion

My Grandpa and I were talking the other day.

He's a sports fanatic and can recount endless games play for play over the years. His mind is very sharp yet. Needless to say, when we "talk sports", I just listen and soak it in.

The other day though we were talking and he had this comparison to make:

He was making comparisons and he compared Tom Brady to Alex Rodriguez and Pierre Thomas to Derek Jeter. He listed off a bunch of stats from the last few years and actually talked about the individual games that all these players played in. He was referring to how those 2 football players perform in the fantasy football playoffs compared to how the 2 baseball players perform in their playoffs. It was interesting.

I guess I wasn't aware of how clutch Jeter and Pierre are. And how choke Brady and Rodriguez are.

Has anyone else thought about this........?

He's a sports fanatic and can recount endless games play for play over the years. His mind is very sharp yet. Needless to say, when we "talk sports", I just listen and soak it in.

He was making comparisons and he compared Tom Brady to Alex Rodriguez and Pierre Thomas to Derek Jeter. He listed off a bunch of stats from the last few years and actually talked about the individual games that all these players played in. He was referring to how those 2 football players perform in the fantasy football playoffs compared to how the 2 baseball players perform in their playoffs. It was interesting.

I guess I wasn't aware of how clutch Jeter and Pierre are. And how choke Brady and Rodriguez are.

The Difference is Jeter has been clutch for about 10 years Pierre for 1

Your grandpa must have been watching Matlock reruns instead of this year's playoffs. Not only hasn't ARod choked, he tied Lou Gehrig for the most consecutive playoff games with an RBI. He was far and away the most clutch player in both series, and single- handedly put the Yankees into the World Series.

But it's nice you have a good relationship with your grampa. Just take what he says with a grain of salt.

this is clearly signs of DIMENSHA :shocking: For both you and your grandpa!!! Comparing Tom Brady to AHOLE is a joke first of all. Brady has won 3 super bowls and AHOLE has not won SH!T :thumbsup: AHOLE has tore it up in the playoffs this year but in past years he has been awful. Brady's fantasy playoff stats are bad so he is a choker :wacko: Seriously i hope this post is a joke. I guess you can say the game in snow a few years ago at end of year he had bad stats so i guess he is a choker. LOL dumba$$

Jeter vs Pierre :lol: come on dude. I hate the yankees more than anything else i would say. But you have to admire Jeter. He is unbelievable. He had one of his best years this year after everyone said he was done and what should the yankees do with him. He has played like an all star and with class every year since he came up in 96. He has won 3 or 4 world series i choose not to remember the actual number. Pierre Thomas has been around on football and fantasy stage for less than a full year really so how in the HELL can you even start to compare Jeter and Pierre.

I should not even had taken the time to respond to this silly post :thumbsdown:

Your grandpa must have been watching Matlock reruns instead of this year's playoffs. Not only hasn't ARod choked, he tied Lou Gehrig and Ryan Howard for the most consecutive playoff games with an RBI. He was far and away the most clutch player in both series, and single- handedly put the Yankees into the World Series.

fixed

Did he also tell you that DeAngelo Montgomery was the swiftest player in the NFL? :rolleyes:

I think my IQ is dropping by even responding to this post, so I'll just briefly address the Pierre-Jeter issue. Jeter has been clutch in the REAL playoffs for over a decade. Pierre had a good run in the FANTASY FOOTBALL playoffs last year. One year running against a bunch of tomato cans is not a large enough sample size to anoint Pierre a FANTASY FOOTBALL playoff stud. Let's not forget the most important point, that fantasy football is irrelevant to the REAL NFL! Ask the Rat or the Hoodie about that one.

One thing that is very evident.....Davidbostonisgood's grandpa is a freakin' loon. :dunno:

when was Pierre Thomas in the playoffs?

He said last year's FANTASY playoffs. As if to insinutate that NFL players feel added pressure knowing that weeks 15-17 are fantasy playoff weeks. :dunno:

Brady and ARod are both cheaters - that's how they are the same

please inform me how Brady has cheated?????? :dunno:

oh i guess you are gonna say he had video's of other teams practice :ninja: real good one portis

AHole really was not cheating because steriods were not illegal when he was taking them ;) The were not illegal atleast in MLB.

He's a sports fanatic

Just goes to show you can be a "fanatic" on a subject and still not know shit about it. :dunno:

Just goes to show you can be a "fanatic" on a subject and still not know shit about it. :lol:

:thumbsdown: :lol:

thats some funny SH!T :dunno:

Your Grandpa is an idiot. Anyone who would compare Brady's playoff performances to ARod's is an idiot. Pull the plug.

Your Grandpa is an idiot. Anyone who would compare Brady's playoff performances to ARod's is an idiot. Pull the plug.

Exactly!

Brady choked in his most-recent Super Bowl and couldn't lead "the best team of all-time" to a victory over a wild card team while ARod single-handedly carried his team through two playoff series.

The comparison is a slap in ARod's face.

Exactly!

Brady choked in his most-recent Super Bowl and couldn't lead "the best team of all-time" to a victory over a wild card team while ARod single-handedly carried his team through two playoff series.

The NFL and MLB have playoff games, but if you are talking just the Superbowl then that would compare to the World Series. So lets take a look a A-Rods career World Series Stats:

0 for 4 w/ 3 Strikeouts

please inform me how Brady has cheated?????? :dunno:

oh i guess you are gonna say he had video's of other teams practice :nono: real good one portis

AHole really was not cheating because steriods were not illegal when he was taking them :lol: The were not illegal atleast in MLB.

When u know were the blitz is coming from, prior to it coming... or if you know what coverage it's gonna be before u snap the ball

THAT'S CHEATING!!!

Watch any our your so called SB wins - it's so obvious!!

Everytime the Eagles blitz they just happen to have a screen pass called on the side the blitz is coming from.

Frankly, I'm just mady team didn't cheat and win 3 SBs

if u thunk your team didn't cheat then your just blinded by homerism or just ....

The NFL and MLB have playoff games, but if you are talking just the Superbowl then that would compare to the World Series. So lets take a look a A-Rods career World Series Stats:

0 for 4 w/ 3 Strikeouts

That looked like more of a case of apitcher that could have gotten out anyone than a batter choking.even Mr Clutch Derek Jeter looked clueless.

That looked like more of a case of apitcher that could have gotten out anyone than a batter choking.even Mr Clutch Derek Jeter looked clueless.

Kinda like a miracle catch where a WR palms the ball with his head? Or an opposing team playing the game of their lives. Kinda like that?

Kinda like a miracle catch where a WR palms the ball with his head? Or an opposing team playing the game of their lives. Kinda like that?

You're getting way too detailed. Brady was the quarterback of the best team ever. 18-0. Beating teams 52-7. 50 TD passes. He gets to play a Wild Card team in the Super Bowl and can't seal the deal. That is a monumental choke. If mcnabb or romo or favre or Peyton lost that game with that team, it would be what defined them.

Great catch byTyree or not, why didn't Mr 50 TD Passes have them way out in front?

Classic choke job.

Career WS stats: 0-4 3K's

:thumbsdown:

I hope he goes 0-16.

I'm pulling for the Phillies. :cheers: :music_guitarred:

I hope he goes 0-16.

I'm pulling for the Phillies. :thumbsdown: :cheers:

Oh yeah, thats right. You live in PA but are an A's fan and like the Yankees. I forgot about that. Even though you are pulling for the Phillies it's kinda like kissing your cousin huh? Feels good, but is still kinda weird.

this is clearly signs of DIMENSHA :cheers: For both you and your grandpa!!! Comparing Tom Brady to AHOLE is a joke first of all. Brady has won 3 super bowls and AHOLE has not won SH!T :thumbsdown: AHOLE has tore it up in the playoffs this year but in past years he has been awful. Brady's fantasy playoff stats are bad so he is a choker Seriously i hope this post is a joke. I guess you can say the game in snow a few years ago at end of year he had bad stats so i guess he is a choker. LOL dumba$

Jeter vs Pierre come on dude. I hate the yankees more than anything else i would say. But you have to admire Jeter. He is unbelievable. He had one of his best years this year after everyone said he was done and what should the yankees do with him. He has played like an all star and with class every year since he came up in 96. He has won 3 or 4 world series i choose not to remember the actual number. Pierre Thomas has been around on football and fantasy stage for less than a full year really so how in the HELL can you even start to compare Jeter and Pierre.

I should not even had taken the time to respond to this silly post

jeebus...it's dementia...get it straight

Back to the OP: Pierre is clutch??!! WTF???!!! dude had a great stretch run last year against a cake schedule in a high profile offense with a defense that couldn't stop a pop-warner team (last year anyway). but playoffs? and Brady is as clutch as they come in playoff, he has like the greatest playoff winning % and highest # of wins in league history or something...how the fock does that not count as clutch??!!!

your grandpa has lost it...more than likely it's genetic...go ahead and let them give you lobotomy so you don't have to worry about it later on and pray that chief has a water fountain he can throw through the window to escape :music_guitarred:

jeebus...it's dementia...get it straight

my bad if i cant spell right :thumbsdown: did you know what i meant :music_guitarred: OK than i made my point :cheers:

dude and old man are as crazy as hell :banana:

Oh yeah, thats right. You live in PA but are an A's fan and like the Yankees. I forgot about that. Even though you are pulling for the Phillies it's kinda like kissing your cousin huh? Feels good, but is still kinda weird.

Exactly.

As an Oakland A's fan, you either stop caring at the All-star break or invent things to keep you interested. I always pick a payoff team to root for. When the local team is in it ( the Phillies) it's always them. Next favorite team is whoever plays Boston. I also root for the Yanks unless they play the A's or Phils.

When your team is bottom ten in ayroll, you do what you have to do.

+65,000. Step away from the Percocets. Give them to me, and jump afterwards.

GO PEDRO! CRUSH THOSE YANKS! :thumbsup:

I hope he goes 0-16.

I'm pulling for the Phillies. :thumbsup: :dunno:

FOCK THE YANKEES :headbanger:

:cheers: Bitter Red Sox fans *fakes jerking off*

thats a good one :dunno: :nono: :overhead:

Exactly!

Newbie. You could never push my buttons with this crap, it's just senseless. If you want to aggravate me say Eli or Peyton are better then Brady. That might aggravate me because you could at least find a few stats to back it up. There are no stats that show ARod as more clutch than Brady. Period. I said it years ago and I'll stand by it. The yankees will never win a World Series with ARod.

I love how all Pats fans bring up the miracle Tyree catch and how that was the only thing that kept them from perfection. But I NEVER hear them mention the miracle timeout in the Baltimore game that year. You remember, the Ravens were winning and stopped the Pats on fourth down with less than two minutes to go, but someone on Baltimore's coaching staff (Rex Ryan I believe) called a timeout just prior to the snap. The Pats got another shot and converted and then went on to score and keep the streak alive. How often does a team get another shot at fourth down because of the other team calling a timeout? Pretty flukey I would say.

Miracle timeout set up the chance for perfection....miracle catch ended perfection.

Newbie. You could never push my buttons with this. It's like saying the Germans won WWII. It's just not factual. Anyone who watches sports knows ARod has sucked throughout his career in clutch situations. They also know Brady has dominated. Try again retard.

WELL SAID :nono: i would like to know how much crack you would have to smoke or liquor you would have to drink to think AROD is clutch :cheers: He has been huge this post season but the other 7 or 8 times he has been in postseason he has been pathetic :dunno:

who knows AHOLE and his billion $$$ contract may be clutch in every post season from here on out but until then he is still a little chokin beeeatch that has to try and slap the ball out of 1Bs glove :overhead:

New England homers, how did Brady and your defensive backs look last week?

Sorry I wasn't able to watch the game. My grandpa went down to Florida last week and missed some of the games. He doesn't do the whole computer thing, so I told him I'd check for him.

I watch most of the games because I have the NFL Ticket but I didn't watch the New England game.

I knew my grandpa new what he was talking about. He was right about Brady. He must just be a product of being part of a good organization.

Newbie. You could never push my buttons with this crap, it's just senseless. If you want to aggravate me say Eli or Peyton are better then Brady. That might aggravate me because you could at least find a few stats to back it up. There are no stats that show ARod as more clutch than Brady. Period. I said it years ago and I'll stand by it. The yankees will never win a World Series with ARod.

How dd I let this go without quoting it? I'm slipping.

Nice call, BBBO. :dunno: