Sign in to follow this  
psunate77

Vince Young

I have said all along, he was the better fit. He led them to the playoffs in 07.. Then he got hurt and never was given a chance. He can scramble :thumbsdown:

Wow, you are stupid. The same team that he had and went 10-6 with, Collins went 13-3 with. Anyone can beat the suckage that is Garrabage and the Jags away from their home field. Vinc Yung had nothing to do with the win. Chris Johnson won it for them.

You know wha happens next week? San Francisco kick Youngs sorry ass all over the field.

Wow, you are stupid. The same team that he had and went 10-6 with, Collins went 13-3 with. Anyone can beat the suckage that is Garrabage and the Jags away from their home field. Vinc Yung had nothing to do with the win. Chris Johnson won it for them.

You know wha happens next week? San Francisco kick Youngs sorry ass all over the field.

Just like CJ won all those games this year with washed up unmobile KC at the helm.. Oh wait.. Young helps Johnosn big time..

Dude, stupid is as stupid do. The same team that went 0-6 under Collins is 1-0 with Young. Collins played above his head to get his final paycheck. He is done.

:doh:

Young look a little above average. I watched the whole game. I agree the Jaq's defense sux and this game alone does not mean that he is back. But you have got to think some play action bombs are going to take place. I had to start him because of Carson P being on a bye. I'm not dropping him.

Yeah, great...Young is the answer. Believe me, the rest of that division is HOPING they go with Young from here on out. :music_guitarred:

Might be a bit early to declare him "back" as a solid starter. But perhaps the time off may have given him the time he needed to unfock himself into becoming a tangible starter at least.....only time will tell....

Dude, stupid is as stupid do. The same team that went 0-6 under Collins is 1-0 with Young. Collins played above his head to get his final paycheck. He is done.

:thumbsup:

Regardless of whether Collins is done or not, Young has never acheived a status that will allow him to one day be classified as done. He's a never was POS.

No one with football knowledge is fooled by a win over the suckage that is Jacksonville.

The same team that he had and went 10-6 with, Collins went 13-3 with.

Same team? They didn't have Chris Johnson in 2007. He definitely contributed to their 13-3 record last year (along with their D playing like they should).

The Titans won games with Vince, but he was a fairly poor QB during that time. He had a 60-something QB rating his rookie year (but still somehow won the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year and went to the Pro Bowl). In his second year he got worse, throwing a lot more INTs. Turnovers simply can't happen when you play the type of game Jeff Fisher wants to play (low-scoring, defense oriented and ball control of offense).

Vince showed promise yesterday. I'm a Titans fan, and I hope he has matured and improved. But one good game doesn't prove much. The real test will come when he starts struggling in a game. Will he throw a tantrum and bench himself? Or will he get back out there and turn things around? Let's wait another 6 weeks and examine his QB rating and INT total. THEN I'll be ready to make a call on him.

I hate Vince Young and seriously doubt he has what it takes to be a good NFL QB but the Titans had to make this change. This season is pretty much a lost cause and Collins is old as hell, they needed to see if VY could be the guy for the future or whether they should gear up to draft someone else.

1 game in and I would say he did pretty well, lets see how he does next week. Maybe he proves the haters (me) wrong and finally has his game together.

As a Titans fan this game was all about Chris Johnson.

However, Vince Young showed me something he rarely ever did in 2006-07. He was efficient with the number of throws he made. He made one bad throw at the beginning (almost intercepted in the endzone) and underthrew CJ on a dumpoff, but aside from that he was the most accurate I've ever seen him. 15/18 is amazing given his history. Obviously they didn't need him that much yesterday, but you can't help but be atleast a little excited about the future. I'll wait till they play a few tougher teams though...

And Tony Dungy made a good point on Football Night in America. He said that VY was opening up cutback lanes for Chris Johnson because Jax was worried about VY getting out of the pocket and on the edge. We'll see in the next few games if this continues to happen, but since this is a fantasy football forum, perhaps CJ just saw his value increase a little?

:overhead:

Stupid people use a one game sample to gauge success and failure. HTH

Stupid people use a one game sample to gauge success and failure. HTH

I think his statement used 7 games. Not just 1.

1st down Vince Young

another 1st Vince Young

the guy scrambles and keeps the drives alive.

he brings 1 more threat that Collins didn't - the scramble which is fine by me. Much better than punting.

19-11 as a starter now?

This.

People can argue that he can or can't do whatever, but he has won ball games. And 18 of these wins came before the emergence of Chris Johnson. Now I am not about to say Young is an elite NFL QB or anything, but I do feel that he is heavily UNDERRATED. Most people think he is total crap because he is an athletic running QB who has had his struggles and who has had one fairly notorious bad incident. That being said... while his one bad incident does show a weakness of character.. at least he didn't kill, shoot, or beat anybody.

I am willing to give guys second chances... and I think the jury is still out on Young. I think with more and more NFL teams running spread offenses... and with the prominence of the wildcat in today's game... well things in the NFL are heading towards being more of a fit for a QB with Young's qualities than ever.

One thing that I saw him do was make more of an effort to run... he was quick with his decisions to do so. Too many athletic QB's like him try to be something there are not... a prolific passer. If he can realize that his best chance to succeed is in being a dual threat... then he has a very good chance of succeeding. With him and Chris Johnson back there.... that is something that is very hard to gameplan for. Bad defenses aside... he was putting the ball on the spot. With that ground game... he just needs to be a game manager, and make some plays with his legs.

And Young seems to have a better touch on the ball. It's really not Collins' fault... but the WR's were dropping a ton of balls for the Titans. Collins has always had a good arm. But with Young.. he was putting the ball on the spot but with less velocity... much easier to catch.

Still... any QB can succeed when a team runs the ball as well as they did and when they have all day to throw. We'll see how he does in the face of pressure. Still, that all being said... I don't think anyone can have a valid opinion EITHER way at this point.

I have said all along, he was the better fit. He led them to the playoffs in 07.. Then he got hurt and never was given a chance. He can scramble :)

BACK?????? :)

when did Young actually arrive :thumbsdown: He is awful and the titans are awful :)

Young has a good record but there is a reason Collins took over last year and a reason he worked so well with that team.

You have to remember the Titans defense is what has been worst this season and is the biggest difference from a year ago.

Switching to Young is something that had to be done at this stage in the season. They need to see what they have in him and determine if he has a future in the NFL.

and yes, anyone can win a agme against the Jaguars. Hopefully it builds his confidence.

When Matt Hasselbeck took over at QB for SEA, he looked awful. Holmgren simplified the playbook for Hasselbeck and didn't ask him to do much except make short, safe throws and hand the ball off. As Matt gained confidence, he opened up the offense for him.

I'm a skeptic about Vince. However, what Fisher did with him yesterday offers him his best chance to succeed: Ask him to run a limited offense successfully and don't expect him to carry the team. It looked to me like Young cleared this initial hurdle yesterday, managing the game effectively and avoiding big mistakes. Even if they'd lost the game, the experiment would have been a qualified success if the game wasn't lost by Vince miscues. I'll be interessted to see what happens in the weeks to come.

I wonder what type odds I can get on VY leading the Titans to the playoffs?

Long shot obviously. But what odds could I get? They'd need to go 8-1. Schedule is pretty easy. It's a 5-4 type schedule as is so I'll officially predict 6-10, but you never know.

@SF

Buf

@Hou

Ari

@Indy

Stl

Mia

SD

@Sea

I think his statement used 7 games. Not just 1.

I used a career. He sucks. You clowns are clueless morons. The guys sucks and will be gone from the league soon. He's barely outproducing Ryan Leaf's #s so far in his career.

I used a career. He sucks. You clowns are clueless morons. The guys sucks and will be gone from the league soon. He's barely outproducing Ryan Leaf's #s so far in his career.

Ah, Ryan Leaf #'s. The "I know you are but what am I" response of those who have no real argument. And, of course, they're almost universally wrong.

Young: 57.5%, 142 YPG, 23 TD/33 INT, 69 QB Rating. 19-11 w-l record. Also 1009 yds rushing, 5.5 avg, 10TD

Leaf: 51.1%, 146 YPG, 4 TD/17 INT, 57.7 QB Rating. 4-17 w-l record. No rushing #'s to speak of.

Young's stats aren't going to have anyone clearing a spot for him in Canton, but well ahead of Leaf.

Psssttt...for all you other folks...this poster hates blacks. Had another recent post where he said "EVERY' black QB sucks. Every one. So Young could break every record on the books, and my guess is he'd insist that VY somehow became white.

Another week, another win for VY.

I said after last week I was going to wait a few weeks until I (and the Titans) made up my mind on him. So far he just seems to make better decisions with the football than he used to. Nothing earth-shattering numbers wise but in a run-first offense the #'s won't be there every week. For those that watched the game, he made a few nice deep throws today too (which he didn't do last week). You can't help but be encouraged but once again I'll take a wait-and-see approach with him.

As I said earlier though Vince's presence is continuing to have a positive influence on CJ. For one thing the Titans have become a run-focused team, giving CJ more carries (career high today), and Vince's rushing threat will create mismatches and CJ is too fast and good in space to not take advantage of that.

After Lendale leaves via free agency we may be talking about CJ the #1 overall pick next season...

Yeah, great...Young is the answer. Believe me, the rest of that division is HOPING they go with Young from here on out. :overhead:

:pointstosky: :thumbsup:

the troops are rallying around their leader :doublethumbsup: . Love the option play as a CJIII owner. Young gets first downs and keeps the drives alive.

" Attention all units. Attention all units. APB out for a missing man. Check all bridges over the river. "

LOL - exactly!!! This D-Bag will have another breakdown before season end. Another setback in his self-proclaimed "I'll be a hall of famer" career. Dude sucks, Titans are getting garbage wins in a losing season over garbage teams.....

in my league, he got 11.4 points (6 for an interception)

in my league, he got 11.4 points (6 for an interception)

-6 for an INT thrown? :overhead:

VY is a winner. He wins 63% of the games he starts. That's the same wining percentage that Brett Favre had as a Packer. :wacko:

Crazy thing is, I don't ever recall a player getting so much attention and generating so much emotion from both sides of the spectrum. Maybe Vick, but the media plays into it, I guess his college career was so dynamic and his persona and ability are so rare that he is a topic that both sides can identify with. Really interesting. I really don't get the hatred. I can see some saying he won't be good and all that but some hate the guy, I don't get it. Do they hate the player or hate the game?

I really wish he would go to another team, I really feel his whole career in Tenessee he has been a caged animal.

:thumbsup:

VY's play will make people reconsider Teabow as a Franchise QB... They both are winners and aren't pocket passers, but the threat to extend playa is what is making Big Ben a winner in Pittsburgh and a good D) but it's because he keeps the offense on the field and throughout the game that's gets into the defenses mind and makes them second guess some decisions and be mindful of that scramble threat

VY's play will make people reconsider Teabow as a Franchise QB... They both are winners and aren't pocket passers, but the threat to extend playa is what is making Big Ben a winner in Pittsburgh and a good D) but it's because he keeps the offense on the field and throughout the game that's gets into the defenses mind and makes them second guess some decisions and be mindful of that scramble threat

Except that Big Ben can READ a defense and run an offense. Vince Young is too stoopid to do either. Teabow is also a prototypical college QB that cant pass or read a defense, just like most college QBs. Extending a play and running around like its a back-yard tackle-the-man-with-the-football game are not comparable. Vince Young still sucks. If the Titans win its in spite of him not because of him. Some team will draft Tebow and he will promptly blow d!ck and will end up out of the NFL in a year or two. He'll be much richer, but he'll be long gone. Quarterbacks have to be able to pass, make reads, and understand defenses. Thats what the all-time greats do. The running quarterback has NEVER workd in the NFL and teams are catching onto this so they avoid college QBs that cant pass or think. :thumbsup:

Wait till VY has to run a two minute offense and drive a team down the field.... then his true suckness will shine.

I cant believe ther are people that think VY is a good quarterback. Just nutty.

Wait till VY has to run a two minute offense and drive a team down the field.... then his true suckness will shine.

ROTLMAO!!!! I can't believe I just read this. :(

Since RoadLizard will likely ignore this in the thread about Brady and Manning...I thought I would post it here.

VY is hardly a great QB...but it takes some ignorance to say he is not playing well right now.

And the effect on Chris Johnson...or possible effect as the competition might have something to do with it...but the effect has been pretty big.

First 6 games with Collins he had 596 yards and 2 TDs rushing...another 16 receptions for 126 and a TD. Had big game against Houston, and another full of garbage time stats against NE as they were getting killed.

The last 3 games with Young? He has rushed for 495 yards averaging 6.6 per carry and 2 TDs a game...and added in 14 receptions for 136 yards.

That is a pretty big difference.

Is it the competition they played? Are teams worried a little bit about Young running and not keying as much on Johnson?

it certainly looks as if they've found a formula with him at qb and what they envisioned when drafting "superjets" [chris johnson].

it oddly mirrors his rookie yr, when he racked up 8 wins after getting into the lineup late, and had them on the brink of a wildcard berth if not for a heartbreak week17 loss to the pats.

Anyone who says Young isn't playing well is saying so not because of what he has done on the field in his trhee starts, and more so becauce of preconceived notions and/or his play in previous seasons.

His current career passing rating is 70.1. In his three starts, he's posted passer ratings of 114.1, 92.4, and 90.4. And that's a passer rating folks, that has nothing to do with the plays he is making with his legs. Of course dumping balls off to Chris Johnson and letting him do the work certainly is a large part of that But him being smart with the ball and riding his horse is smart QB play. Accounting for 3 TD's (2 passing, 1 rushing) againsst only one turnover is good QB play. And only taking 1 sack in 3 games is good QB play. These are all things that can't be discounted.

Can anyone honestly name another good offensive player on the teams he has played on before this season? No good WR's and no good RB's before the arrival of Johnson. Young now has a weapon to play with, and not coincidentally his QB play has greatly improved because of it. Conversely... CJ's play has improved as well. I don't know how anyone can have a concrete opinion on Young based on what we've seen so far, and i don't know how anyone can say he isn't playing well.

Tennessee, 3 wins vs sub-.500 teams thanks to Chris Johnson and Vicne Young gets the glory. :music_guitarred:

Next up, Houston, Arizona and Indy. Midnight has struck for Pumpkinhead Young.