Sign in to follow this  
Broncos2009SuperbowlChamps

Broncos 54 Steelers 3

i see talk of Pittsburgh peaking but who have they beaten? Who have they played? no one. The vikings have had a tougher schedule and a lucky win against us wont change the cold hard facts.

The steelers have serious offensive line issues. they cant pass protect of run the ball.

hmmmm...was jus trying to recall who the last Steelers victory was against...hmmm...oh yeah...that lucky one you speak of. Lose Jared Allen and see how much of a force your team is. A win is a win, and 10 pts isn't a squeaker. HTH sore loser.

hmmmm...was jus trying to recall who the last Steelers victory was against...hmmm...oh yeah...that lucky one you speak of. Lose Jared Allen and see how much of a force your team is. A win is a win, and 10 pts isn't a squeaker. HTH sore loser.

:thumbsdown: What he said

Steelers 28 - Broncs 14

steelers have not played a defense like denver. the denver pass rush will have a great time knocking big ben down all day.

Broncos 35 steelers 10

Sorry, Minnesota pass rush > than Denver (Jared Focking Allen..nuff said)

Sorry, Minnesota pass rush > than Denver (Jared Focking Allen..nuff said)

dumerville has 10 sacks to allen's 10.5. this is a push.

denver is ranked 1st in defense while the vikes are ranked 19th

dumerville has 10 sacks to allen's 10.5. this is a push.

denver is ranked 1st in defense while the vikes are ranked 19th

i'll go on record as saying it, right here, right now: Denver is a figment of your imagination...smoke and mirrors if you will.

They had the advantage of crappy division, and an offensive and defensive change of philosophy that teams hadn't seen before there. I've said many, many times it takes coordinators about 4 weeks of game tape to figure out tendencies and develop tight gameplans. Denver had a new scheme on both sides of the ball. If you notice, scoring against the Denver D has risen every week since Week 3. Those pointing out that Denver's defense is better than Minny's and Dumerville has more sacks than Jared Allen should also keep in a couple of things...Allen didn't lay a finger on Roethlisberger...and the Steelers D is quite familiar with undersided bull rushing LB's like Dumerville, since the reining NFL Defensive POY plays for the Steelers and has a similar (but better) game.

Smoke and mirrors...Steelers go up by 2 TD's in the 2nd quarter and coast home...27 - 13.

i'll go on record as saying it, right here, right now: Denver is a figment of your imagination...smoke and mirrors if you will.

They had the advantage of crappy division, and an offensive and defensive change of philosophy that teams hadn't seen before there. I've said many, many times it takes coordinators about 4 weeks of game tape to figure out tendencies and develop tight gameplans. Denver had a new scheme on both sides of the ball. If you notice, scoring against the Denver D has risen every week since Week 3. Those pointing out that Denver's defense is better than Minny's and Dumerville has more sacks than Jared Allen should also keep in a couple of things...Allen didn't lay a finger on Roethlisberger...and the Steelers D is quite familiar with undersided bull rushing LB's like Dumerville, since the reining NFL Defensive POY plays for the Steelers and has a similar (but better) game.

Smoke and mirrors...Steelers go up by 2 TD's in the 2nd quarter and coast home...27 - 13.

mike nolan wont allow that to happen

Update:

Pimpdaddy=Dallas Empire= Tony Romo Domination=Purple Reign- BroncosRule2009 (orwhateverthefuckhecalledhimself)= Troy Palomaulu'sNutsack= WorstPosterInFFTodayHistory.

The kicker is, the administrators keep allowing him to create new membernames. :doublethumbsup:

Forget IP banning...can we find an IP ignore feature where I can just ignore all alias accounts from a certain IP address?

Is there some computer geek who can get on this stat.

Also you forgot psychobelichickfan

Forget IP banning...can we find an IP ignore feature where I can just ignore all alias accounts from a certain IP address?

Is there some computer geek who can get on this stat.

Also you forgot psychobelichickfan

I'm still convinced that Mike gets compensated by his advertisers based on how many active members he has. How else can you explain allowing this fucktard to get away this this?

If every member here knows it's the same moron, how can the owner of the site not know it? If Pimpdaddy (or whateverthefuck his original name used to be) registers a dozen equally-assenine aliai, it counts as twelve members. Or more revenue for Mike. It's absolutelty all I can think of to explain it. Why else would Mike allow him to play him for a fool?

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13480125?source=rss

Q: How did you get over that?

A: When I really got embarrassed was Ben Roethlisberger my sophomore year of college (at Louisville). I was starting in the bowl game and we played Miami of Ohio. Ben Roethlisberger shook me off of three sacks. I was all over his highlight when he got drafted. I'm looking at the draft and seeing myself get shaken off. Ever since then, I made conscious effort that when you get back there, you've got to bring him down.

Q: Have you made up for it in games against Roethlisberger in the NFL? (Dumervil has sacked Roethlisberger three times in two games against the Steelers.)

A: Oh, yeah, it's always personal when I go against Ben. He probably doesn't remember, but

Denver Broncos

I remember.

This sounds personal. should be a matchup to watch sunday.

I'm still convinced that Mike gets compensated by his advertisers based on how many active members he has. How else can you explain allowing this fucktard to get away this this?

If every member here knows it's the same moron, how can the owner of the site not know it? If Pimpdaddy (or whateverthefuck his original name used to be) registers a dozen equally-assenine aliai, it counts as twelve members. Or more revenue for Mike. It's absolutelty all I can think of to explain it. Why else would Mike allow him to play him for a fool?

Advertisers typically don't care about crap on the website, only generally how many visits and specifically how many clicks on their link from that website. So we can pretty much exclude revenue as a reason for allowing the pimptaddy doosh carnival to continue...

:pointstosky:

Lets not forget that Pitt was without their best defensive player for both of those losses, and they were nail biters.

I thought Casey Hampton has played every game this season. Or do you mean the most hyped player on the steelers defense?

This game should be close. I think it's decided by 7 or less in the 4th. Unfortunately for the Broncs, that's Ben's forte.

I have a feeling the broncos will really get to him, but they had trouble bringing flacco down last week, and I think they will again this week. a couple of sacks maybe, lots of hits. I definitely don't expect the Denver O to do much unless Orton gets some time and throws it down field. These shorts passes don't do much against aggressive defenses that will be sitting on the routes. They need to open it up a bit or risk becoming predictable.

Pitt should run the no-huddle quite a bit. It gave the broncos some trouble last week. hopefully they corrected that.

Should be a real physical game though, will be fun to watch!

Den 20 - Pit 17

I thought Casey Hampton has played every game this season. Or do you mean the most hyped player on the steelers defense?

You're both wrong...Smith is their best defensive player and they'll be without him THIS weekend. But please don't underestimate the value of Polamalu to that defense. He may get too much press but he is what allows the LB's to get to the QB's easier and limits the damage across the middle. The defense severely suffered while he was out as evidenced by the 4th quart collapses that happened. I still worry with Clark out this week, he's the hammer back there...but Troy is the rangy player that covers everything.

Except on Sundays.....that would explain the brownouts. :unsure:

And I agree with jg; the Steelers (along with most of the league) have figured out Denver by now. It will be a different second half of the season. Kyle Orton isn't going to lead that team to the promised land unless that promised land is also the land of 10-6 and losing in the first round of the playoffs. :overhead:

I am a season ticket holder and have been a fan since elway first snubbed the colts and moved to town. I bleed orange crush.

Welcome to the bandwagon newb! Do you know who Steve Tensi, Steve Ramsey, and Charlie Johnson are? Well I guess there's room on the bandwagon for people who became fans during the Elway era.

Except on Sundays.....that would explain the brownouts. :unsure:

And I agree with jg; the Steelers (along with most of the league) have figured out Denver by now. It will be a different second half of the season. Kyle Orton isn't going to lead that team to the promised land unless that promised land is also the land of 10-6 and losing in the first round of the playoffs. :overhead:

I'll be stoked if the Broncos finish 10-6 and lose in the first round of the playoffs considering what the expectations around the country were before the season started.

steelers have not played a defense like denver. the denver pass rush will have a great time knocking big ben down all day.

Broncos 35 steelers 10

21 - 10 Steelers in the 4th. Better jump back on the New England bandwagon. :doublethumbsup:

mike nolan wont allow that to happen

21 - 10 . . .

and coasting

What did I tell ya. Denver is a Smoke and Mirrors operation. Steelers should be up by more than they are. They have destroyed these clowns in the 2nd half.

What did I tell ya. Denver is a Smoke and Mirrors operation. Steelers should be up by more than they are. They have destroyed these clowns in the 2nd half.

wait, i said that.

i think i said 27 - 13...i'm just a bit off...but the Steeler defense

OWNS

you

Buh bye Denver Broncos, the Chargers will overtake you AGAIN this year. Man's league son.

The NFL IS a man's league but that division is the drunk, urine/feces smelling homeless man's version.

Denver sucks. Just another pretender with a sh!tty quarterback, no running game and a defense that appears better than they actually are. All those pro bowls for their vaunted secondary...what a focking joke. They get TORCHED week after week and are old and slow. Dumerville is a gamer but thats all they got.

Good. I hate when .500 teams shoot their wad and start off all hot. Bunch of phoneys.

Maybe Hoodie-junior isnt quite the second coming of Lombardi after all? <_<

Denver got lucky against Cincy.

Denver had the New England playbook and it still took a missed FG for them to sneak out that win.

Denver got handled last night.

They are solid. Better than last year. In great position with future draftpicks and a solid game manager for a QB.

But they are not a Super Bowl team and I've been saying it all year.

The NFL IS a man's league but that division is the drunk, urine/feces smelling homeless man's version.

You're right, the NFC North, NFC West, AFC East are much better divisions. Come on now. The Chargers can hang with any team in the league. That's the advantage of having a good QB.

You're right, the NFC North, NFC West, AFC East are much better divisions. Come on now. The Chargers can hang with any team in the league. That's the advantage of having a good QB.

I didn't say the Chargers couldn't hang. Rivers is a great QB.....................in the fourth quarter. Against a really good defense you can't be one dimensional which is what the Chargers are now since they can't run the ball effectively. Pittsburgh hammered them and left the door open ONLY because Troy P. was out of action. With Troy back in there, that defense is stout once again.

And I even laid the 3 1/2 points - that was the easiest $100 i've prolly ever won. Thanks Denver for not being for real like most thought. :doublethumbsup:

Does make our loss to you seem a little more crappy now - but way it goes I guess. <_<

jeebus...your team has cracked 30 pts once this season...ain't no way it's gonna happen against the Steelers Defense. The only thing you've got working for you is that Ryan Clark won't be in uni, and with Carter back there the coverage won't be as good as it should. This will be the best team you've seen all season, and may see all year. Again, Steelers 27, Broncos 13.

Ok, I'm nearly fockin Nostradamus. 28 - 10 is pretty damned close to my prediction of 27 - 13. The bottom line is this: The Broncos had one drive, one freaking drive, that amounted to anything...3 pts. Your defense made an opportunistic fumble recovery for TD, otherwise this was a first class ass whipping. Congrats, you just saw and got fubar'd by the best defense in the NFL, even if it was missing 4 key guys. 2/3 of the world might be covered by water, but the small portion of the remaining 1/3 that champ Bailey is supposed to be able cover was freakin eaten up by Santonio Holmes.

I called it another thread, I said it was likely that San Diego would catch you. They are flat out a better team. Honestly, the Broncos would be the 4th best team in the AFC North. Despite your fluky win over Cincy, you can't even hold the Bengals, Ravens or Steelers jock. The Broncos are a sham, a facade...and after a 6-0 start I'm almost willing to guarantee you won't make the playoffs.

take a look at the pitt run game. slow willie parker is done. mendenhall is not proven. If the steelers manage over 60 rushing yards against the denver D I will stop posting here.

:doublethumbsup:

Bye.............Nice knowing ya

Man's league son.

ok Jim Rome :cry:

This echos what I said about the Broncos...

Rest of league could be catching up with Broncos

Posted by Mike Florio on November 10, 2009 7:13 AM ET The easy explanation for the recent struggles of the Denver Broncos is that the hottest team through the first seven weeks of the 2009 season ran into the two AFC finalists from 2008.

The other -- and more troubling -- possibility arises from the possibility that enough film has been generated of the new-look Broncos' strategies and tendencies to allow other teams to figure out how to beat them, and that the Broncos have not yet properly responded.

For now, the Broncos are opting for the notion that they played a really good team on Monday night.

"They outplayed us," defensive end Kenny Peterson said, per the Denver Post. "There's a reason why they're Super Bowl champs."

"Certainly a very well-coached football team," coach Josh McDaniels added. "Ultimately, they took over the game in the second half."

Regardless of whether the outcome says more about the Steelers than it does about the Broncos, that 6-0 record has lost plenty of luster with two straight losses, especially with the Chargers now perched at 5-3.

Having San Diego on their heels might actually be a good thing. Without having to worry about being caught by a team they supposedly had put away on October 19, the Broncos might spend too much time thinking about the reality that they're not yet ready to compete with the truly best teams in the conference.

For now, they need to find out whether they can compete with one of the worst teams in the other conference. In five days, they go back to Maryland to face the Redskins. A win would take away some of the wobble as the Broncos prepare for a rematch with the Chargers.

A loss would be devastating, to say the least.

guess one can do all the analysis on the broncos they desire - but is it really that hard? the defense is really good - practically great. but kyle orton is still the quarterback - end of analysis, that's the problem.

Ok, I'm nearly fockin Nostradamus. 28 - 10 is pretty damned close to my prediction of 27 - 13. The bottom line is this: The Broncos had one drive, one freaking drive, that amounted to anything...3 pts. Your defense made an opportunistic fumble recovery for TD, otherwise this was a first class ass whipping. Congrats, you just saw and got fubar'd by the best defense in the NFL, even if it was missing 4 key guys. 2/3 of the world might be covered by water, but the small portion of the remaining 1/3 that champ Bailey is supposed to be able cover was freakin eaten up by Santonio Holmes.

I called it another thread, I said it was likely that San Diego would catch you. They are flat out a better team. Honestly, the Broncos would be the 4th best team in the AFC North. Despite your fluky win over Cincy, you can't even hold the Bengals, Ravens or Steelers jock. The Broncos are a sham, a facade...and after a 6-0 start I'm almost willing to guarantee you won't make the playoffs.

steelers also had a defensive td, both were either good d or opportunistic. one can't be good d and the other a fluke. it was a good test to see where the broncos are in relation to the champs. they've got a considerable amount of work to do. san diego is clearly not a better team. since you apparently haven't watched them, they can't run the ball at all and their def isn't good. fluky or not, cincy lost. ravens aren't as good as last year. steelers look better now that mendenhall is in play. broncos aren't a sham or facade. they'll make it to 9 or 10 wins and will exceed every expectation from the preseason. orton can throw the ball with some velocity. a couple sailed on him, but the routes will begin to change from the flats to the middle longs. oline can protect long enough to give him the throws.

my favorite part of steeler games is aksing them how much they paid for the tickets. you watch online all week and know the prices, yet all of them who paid $150 per somehow got a screaming deal. hardcore fan that looks like the pringles guy sold his tickets to steeler fans, so you know they paid top dollar. chick who couldn't have been 20 had a nice bradshaw jersey on. the bandwagon jumpers come out in droves, though. apparently 3/4 of the country has recently moved from pittsburgh. it's everyman's town and what-not. they waive those yellow hand towels when it's 3rd and 4 and stuff. so, the homers are yelling for defense and the hand-towel waivers are yelling also for 3rd down. i think mnf games are more fun, because people have come from work (not drinking) and likely have to go work the next morning, so they don't drink until we wish we could kill them. crowd was pretty fun...a football crowd last night instead of a drinking crowd. veteran's day thing at halftime was good and even the steeler fans got involved. seemed strange, though, since that crowd also elects people like murtha and obama, who hate veterans and the military. local bandwagoners i guess. nonetheless, steelers got it rolling. they'll be hard to beat, even by indy.