Sign in to follow this  
Ras66not99

Anyone else sitting Randy Moss ?

Anyone else sitting Randy Moss this week ? I've been racking my brain for 2 days straight... I made up my mind yesterday to sit his azz and start Derrick Mason, but through casual reading it seems like Moss is still a top tier "must start" where ever I look... making me re-2nd guess yet again....

never bench your stud theory usually is the right way to go, but can he be considered a "stud" this week ? Revis seems pretty pissed and i'm sure the Jets won't let this guy beat them especially with all the trash talk going on... I figure with Welker back that has to help Moss maybe get free at least a couple times...

Just curious if anyone else is considering benching him, or if this is just straight foolishness ?

There are a couple guys I might entertain benching R. Moss for and Mason isn't one of them. AJ, Reggie W. and Welker. Other than that, he should be in your lineup. Jets are in a free fall and who do you think will score for the Jets; meaning that the Pats offense should have plenty of opportunities to score. Will Moss go off? Probably not, but you KNOW Mason won't so your decision should be easy.

There are a couple guys I might entertain benching R. Moss for and Mason isn't one of them. AJ, Reggie W. and Welker. Other than that, he should be in your lineup. Jets are in a free fall and who do you think will score for the Jets; meaning that the Pats offense should have plenty of opportunities to score. Will Moss go off? Probably not, but you KNOW Mason won't so your decision should be easy.

I think the Colts will score at will on Baltimore... and Balt will be playing catch-up in the 2nd half... I was figuring a nice stat line for Mason this week....... something like 7 for 100 and a score that was my only reasoning...

Wish I remembered if any really good DB's called out Moss before and shut him down multiple times after smack talkin back and fourth a little.... maybe it's something to google :dunno:

I have Moss, Ocho, Smith (NYG) and Sydney Rice. I chose to bench Ocho because of the matchup.

I like Moss' chances against Revis better than Ocho's against Nnamdi Asomugha

Guys like Moss are impossible to bench. Big play WR's post big stats for the season in total, with huge and horrible games individually for the year. You choose to draft one of them, you must keep them in the lineup every week or miss out on the huge games.

MSW was a "must sit" last week vs Jets, yet I got 11 pts from him.

I learned my lesson earlier this season regarding sitting Moss - never again. And if Revis did call Moss out, I'm starting Moss without any doubts whatsoever.

Revis didn't "actually" do the calling out but he's pissed randy doesn't show him any respect... The other Jets were the ones calling him out... Revis has claimed he's not the trash talking type, he lets his play on the field do the talking, and if Randy chooses to not give him credit, that's his decision.... Moss is the one that actually did the calling out saying Revis had help over the top of him all game, and said most corners can be "shut down" corners if they had help over the top of him all game in coverage.... Moss even said he could be as good a shut down corner if he had his boy Merriweather behind him all game...

Like I said I have a feeling the Jets aren't going to let Moss beat them.... I'm sensing one of those 13 catch days for the lil white fella :dunno:

Anyone else sitting Randy Moss this week ? I've been racking my brain for 2 days straight... I made up my mind yesterday to sit his azz and start Derrick Mason, but through casual reading it seems like Moss is still a top tier "must start" where ever I look... making me re-2nd guess yet again....

never bench your stud theory usually is the right way to go, but can he be considered a "stud" this week ? Revis seems pretty pissed and i'm sure the Jets won't let this guy beat them especially with all the trash talk going on... I figure with Welker back that has to help Moss maybe get free at least a couple times...

Just curious if anyone else is considering benching him, or if this is just straight foolishness ?

no way you bench moss........that is crazy...moss is a stud

Revis didn't "actually" do the calling out but he's pissed randy doesn't show him any respect... The other Jets were the ones calling him out... Revis has claimed he's not the trash talking type, he lets his play on the field do the talking, and if Randy chooses to not give him credit, that's his decision.... Moss is the one that actually did the calling out saying Revis had help over the top of him all game, and said most corners can be "shut down" corners if they had help over the top of him all game in coverage.... Moss even said he could be as good a shut down corner if he had his boy Merriweather behind him all game...

Like I said I have a feeling the Jets aren't going to let Moss beat them.... I'm sensing one of those 13 catch days for the lil white fella :pointstosky:

Just to get a handle on the perspective...IIRC this was all back in late September. Because this week Moss is taking the high road, saying stuff like "I'm a 12 year vet, I don't need to get into that - if the man wants to talk the talk, let's see who walks the walk. I'll let Sunday do my talking".

Here's the thing as far as I'm concerned...Brady back then is nothing like Brady now. In that game and for a few weeks after, he was throwing the ball behind Welker on slants and missing Randy deep by like 10 feet. Then came Week 6 (5 TD game), and he's had 4 straight games over 300 yards for the first time in his career.

The Jets had a terrific push that day, and I don't see them coming close to getting to Brady this week. The Meadowlands was rocking back then, as loud as I've ever heard it (thanks to Rexy's VM). I think this game is gonna get ugly quick. Payback time for the Pats.

Moss will get his. Obvs he's not going to put up 179 and 2 TDs, but he won't get shut down either.

Guys like Moss are impossible to bench. Big play WR's post big stats for the season in total, with huge and horrible games individually for the year. You choose to draft one of them, you must keep them in the lineup every week or miss out on the huge games.

actually a lot of sites has MSW as a sit last week. I started Steve Smith (Car) over him.

If Randy Moss isn't in your starting lineup for any reason other then:

1. He's hurt

2. He's suspended

3. He's on the Raiders

Then maybe fantasy football really isn't your thing.

Don't listen to the fools on this bored. You are one smart man. Keep up the good insightful work. :doublethumbsup:

WHAT???

huge jets fan here, starting moss with confidence.

mason over moss?

i would say you are correct :overhead: Yes it is just strait foolishness :lol:

heck last week fftoday's "shot caller" said to sit Moss and what did he do??? 8 or 9 catches for 179 and 2 Tds :music_guitarred:

i'd rather have him in my lineup if he goes 4 catches for 60 yrds, than out of my lineup if he goes for 10 catches, 120 yrds and 2 TD's. Jets will safety help Revis on Moss (again) but this Pats team isn't the same as that Pats team in Wk2. I see 80 yrds and TD. And were he on my roster, he's starting without question.

Wish I remembered if any really good DB's called out Moss before and shut him down multiple times after smack talkin back and fourth a little.... maybe it's something to google :pointstosky:

you can check out the game logs from the last 4 Patriot/Jets games. Revis has held Moss pretty much in check for every game since their first meeting in 2007.

did you happen to notice who covered MSW in the first half and who switched over to him in the 2nd half? Or do you just blindly type things?

i'd rather have him in my lineup if he goes 4 catches for 60 yrds, than out of my lineup if he goes for 10 catches, 120 yrds and 2 TD's. Jets will safety help Revis on Moss (again) but this Pats team isn't the same as that Pats team in Wk2. I see 80 yrds and TD. And were he on my roster, he's starting without question.

I agree, i wouldnt ever sit Randy because he can go off for 10/120/2 at any time but I wouldn't expect much more than 4/60 this week.

maybe he scores.

I agree, i wouldnt ever sit Randy because he can go off for 10/120/2 at any time but I wouldn't expect much more than 4/60 this week.

maybe he scores.

Last week Garrard was 16-26 for 221 yards 1 TD and 0 INTs and 1 rushing TD against this great JETS D :shocking: The JETS have what the #2 passing defense????? Brady will get 300+ and atleast 2 TDs and Moss will catch one of those :doublethumbsup:

if Garrard can have a day like that against the JETS defense what is a pissed off Brady and Pats team gonna do?

Last week Garrard was 16-26 for 221 yards 1 TD and 0 INTs and 1 rushing TD against this great JETS D :shocking: The JETS have what the #2 passing defense????? Brady will get 300+ and atleast 2 TDs and Moss will catch one of those :doublethumbsup:

if Garrard can have a day like that against the JETS defense what is a pissed off Brady and Pats team gonna do?

i know you are trying to push my buttons and I hope you have more common sense than this, but the point is not to fear the Jets defense as a whole but to fear the matchup of Revis on Moss.

When the Jets adjusted and put Revis on MSW in the 2nd half he was held to 1 catch for 9 yards.

The Patriots can certainly have a great game as an offensive unit against the Jets but that does not mean Moss will have a great day. Most of the work could be to Welker and Watson if Revis blankets Moss and especially if he gets enough safety help over the top.

i know you are trying to push my buttons and I hope you have more common sense than this, but the point is not to fear the Jets defense as a whole but to fear the matchup of Revis on Moss.

When the Jets adjusted and put Revis on MSW in the 2nd half he was held to 1 catch for 9 yards.

The Patriots can certainly have a great game as an offensive unit against the Jets but that does not mean Moss will have a great day. Most of the work could be to Welker and Watson if Revis blankets Moss and especially if he gets enough safety help over the top.

i wasnt directing anything toward you Whitey just pointing out if Garrard can have good day than Brady and Boys can have a GREAT DAY cause Garrard is PATHETIC :doublethumbsup:

i wasnt directing anything toward you Whitey just pointing out if Garrard can have good day than Brady and Boys can have a GREAT DAY cause Garrard is PATHETIC :shocking:

:doublethumbsup: you quoted me, sorry.

Im just pointing out that the thread is about sitting Moss or not. So its not really about the rest of the Pats offense VS the Jets Defense.. Its about Moss vs. Revis.

:wub: you quoted me, sorry.

Im just pointing out that the thread is about sitting Moss or not. So its not really about the rest of the Pats offense VS the Jets Defense.. Its about Moss vs. Revis.

Yea, but the Jets had Revis on Torry Holt the entire first half. So, there is no guarantee Revis is on Randy Moss every play all game long. Welker is a good WR.

Yea, but the Jets had Revis on Torry Holt the entire first half. So, there is no guarantee Revis is on Randy Moss every play all game long. Welker is a good WR.

Edelman had very Welker-like numbers in week 2. I could be totally wrong but Im betting the Jets try to run a similar game plan with Revis covering Moss all game and forcing Welker to beat them.

Welker can but I think the Jets will trust Rhodes/Harris etc to limit Welker before they trust Lowery or Sheppard on Moss.

i'm starting moss without thinking. not saying there's a guarrantee of anything. but i DO WONDER why, if there's a jawing match going on people think the jets will win the battle and brady-> moss will lose

If Randy Moss isn't in your starting lineup for any reason other then:

1. He's hurt

2. He's suspended

3. He's on the Raiders

Then maybe fantasy football really isn't your thing.

It's responses like this that annoy me..... I've been doing fantasy football for 21 years now since I was 12 years old.... Sometimes I like to get a gauge on a ballsie decision I may have an inkling on to see what others think to make sure i'm not totally insane, because I respect a lot of people on this board...

Then I see a smart azz comment like this with no insight at all

Maybe the fact that you thought sitting Randy Moss over an option like Derrick Mason on a week like this makes no sense at all means in fact that maybe Fantasy football just isn't YOUR thing big guy..... :shocking:

There are a couple guys I might entertain benching R. Moss for and Mason isn't one of them. Will Moss go off? Probably not, but you KNOW Mason won't so your decision should be easy.

:nono: :D :dunno: :shocking:

:nono: :D :dunno: :shocking:

Derek Mason went for 9 for 142. Randy Moss, not as good this week (5 for 34 and 1 td).

Derek Mason went for 9 for 142. Randy Moss, not as good this week (5 for 34 and 1 td).

Ummm....Der! Why do you think I brought it up??

Ummm....Der! Why do you think I brought it up??

I couldn't understand why your emoticon responses sounded so positive toward not even considering starting Mason over Moss. Opposite meaning I guess.

I couldn't understand why your emoticon responses sounded so positive toward not even considering starting Mason over Moss. Opposite meaning I guess.

What are the chances of him being THAT wrong on his prediction :overhead: :(

I should've benched Moss for either Megatron or Sydney Rice. I ended up with both of those on my bench. Looks like it'll cost me the game since I'm down more than 20 going into Monday night.

I should've benched Moss for either Megatron or Sydney Rice. I ended up with both of those on my bench. Looks like it'll cost me the game since I'm down more than 20 going into Monday night.

Wow.. I sat Moss for Megatron and Sidney. Pretty similar rosters.

Big factor for me is NE's ability to take what the other team gives them.

So Ras, how'd you make out? Did you roll with Moss or Mason.

:eatcrow:

well unfortunately I did end up starting Moss this week, but I also had Mason in there.... however I sat Greg Jennings (something I said I would never do because he was OVERDUE to break out in the worst way) so both Mason and Moss were in the line-up, and i got the head to head win (and it was a pretty close one too) so thankfully no harm, no foul for G.J.'s breakout game ....

thanks for asking dude.. on the season rolls....

P.S. - yes i'm starting Moss next week vs the Saints :unsure: