Sign in to follow this  
Quinton Ganther named starting Redskins RB...

Who else is playing Ganther???? :( im about 80% sure im rolling with this unknown :overhead: It is so tempting with the skins playin the Raiders.

I'm 50/50...not sure yet.. May go with Kenny Britt as Flex behind Gore and Ricky. :overhead:

Sad to say I might have to role with him this week.

Who would you start with these 4 picking only 2 or 3rd being flex? Yes terrible RBs

Forte

Bell

Harrison

Ganther

I lost Slaton and still think Moats might blow up.

Who would you start with these 4 picking only 2 or 3rd being flex? Yes terrible RBs

Forte

Bell

Harrison

Ganther

i thought i was strugglin at RB :banana:

Forte and probably Ganther. Harrison vs Steelers is recipe for bad game. Bell should get between 4-8 pts with chance for more with a TD.

Who would you start out of this bunch i need 1 of them: Maroney, Sammy Morris, Ganther, Sproles. Have Sjax and LT at 1 and 2

i thought i was strugglin at RB :shocking:

Forte and probably Ganther. Harrison vs Steelers is recipe for bad game. Bell should get between 4-8 pts with chance for more with a TD.

Who would you start out of this bunch i need 1 of them: Maroney, Sammy Morris, Ganther, Sproles. Have Sjax and LT at 1 and 2

I'm a gambler and would roll with Ganther. Safe would be Maroney I think we will still get GL work until he fumbles again.

Last week's game

WAS WR Ganther 3 yard rush to the 4

WAS RB Cartwright 1 yard rush to the 3

WAS RB Cartwright rush for minus 2 yards to the 5

WAS RB Cartwright 1 yard rush to the 4

Cart couldn't get it done in side the 5

Last week's game

WAS WR Ganther 3 yard rush to the 4

WAS RB Cartwright 1 yard rush to the 3

WAS RB Cartwright rush for minus 2 yards to the 5

WAS RB Cartwright 1 yard rush to the 4

Cart couldn't get it done in side the 5

Its still a toss up :shocking: I know if i dont start Ganther he will have 90+ and 2 TDs but if i start him he will have 9 carries for 27 yards :doublethumbsup:

R

ock Cartwright-RB-Redskins Dec. 10 - 10:58 am et

Rock Cartwright has asked to go back on special teams full time after getting his starting running back job stripped.

Cartwright complained that he didn't get enough carries to get in a rythym, but the real issue is that he's not that good and is 30 years old. Quinton Ganther at least has a shred of upside at age 25. Neither one is the long-term answer for the Redskins and we're still expecting some kind of committee going forward.

Source: Washington Times

i think i am really trying to talk my self into starting this Ganther fella :shocking:

Well at least that's one less guy to share carries with. Gives Ganther a bit of a boost.

Well at least that's one less guy to share carries with. Gives Ganther a bit of a boost.

It does look better for Ganther. :banana: Here is good article about Ganther and how Rock is not very happy with his demotion. Cant see how Rock b!tchin and complaining about it is gonna help his cause very much. Maybe it will help my new boy Mr. Ganther :dunno:

Ganther article from Washington Post

"Of course, anybody is disappointed when they get benched from being the starting running back and an opportunity you were waiting on for your entire career," Cartwright said. "But when you run the ball in spurts - two carries here, three carries there - you can't get hot. You guys can see it. The Dallas game, I got into a rhythm, and we started moving the ball."

Cartwright ran for 67 yards on 13 carries against the Cowboys on Nov. 22 after Ladell Betts, making his second start in place of injured No. 1 back Clinton Portis, tore two knee ligaments in the first quarter. But Ganther outgained Cartwright 78-77 the past two weeks on just 13 carries - 15 fewer than Cartwright.

"I get a couple carries early and then not another one until the second half - what do they expect?" said Cartwright, who gained 20 yards on five carries during the first 5:57 on Sunday against New Orleans but wasn't handed the ball again until the third quarter. "That's crazy. But I don't control it, I'm not worried about it and all I can do is go out and play special teams."

i am deperate :thumbsdown: like i said before i lost Slaton and its hard to start Maroney now. And Sammy Morris is a risk and dont want to start Sproles when im already starting LT :unsure:

People said I was crazy for starting Harrison last week too in my flex spot....and he rewarded me nicely. The flex spot can win you weeks...and taking chances sometimes pays off. No since in starting a questionable guy like Sammy Morris when Quinton may see 15-18 touches for 75-90 yds and a possible score. Rock has done basically nothing except for the Dallas game in which he had 7 catches for 70+ yds....the rest of the games were duds. With Rock going back to returning kicks, i see his workload reduced to maybe 7-8 touches on 3rd down duty. Now if Quinton comes in and drops the ball in the first couple of series...he could get yanked....but vs Oakland, I doubt that will happen.

I'm starting Ganther in 2 of 3 leagues. Couldn't get him in the 3rd league where I really need him as I was going to start Rock Cartwright. Guess I'll have to start Kevin Smith and L. McCoy.

In the one league I'm starting him over Moreno, Maroney, Stewart.

In another league at flex I'm starting him over Berrian, J. Finley, and A. Bryant.

I'm starting Ganther in 2 of 3 leagues. Couldn't get him in the 3rd league where I really need him as I was going to start Rock Cartwright. Guess I'll have to start Kevin Smith and L. McCoy.

In another league at flex I'm starting him over Berrian, J. Finley, and A. Bryant.

i can definetly see why you starting him in one but you have a tougher one with Moreno, Maroney and Stewart :dunno:

I have been doing a little research on differ sites. Some sites claim to be updated but i dont think they really are. I was comparing Maroney, Sammy Morris and Ganther. Was curious to see what the "experts" thought.

Rotoworld says its updated but they still have Rock ranked ahead of Ganther as well as ESPN and KFFL. And FFTODAY does not even have Sammy Morris in its top 60.

Rankings- Rotoword-ESPN- YAHOO- KFFL- TOOLBOX- FFTODAY

Maroney- 24- 19- 19- 20- 35- 25

Morris- 46- 43- 44- 39- 34- 60+

Ganther- 48- 48- 20- 58- 28- 22

Maroney average rank= 23.67

Morris average rank= 44.34

Ganther average rank= 37.34

But if you take the sites that seem to be actually updated Yahoo, FFtoday, and Toolbox. I eliminated Morris

Maroney= 26.34

Ganther= 23.34 :banana:

You would think between these 7 sites you would be able to find an answer to help you. Of course it would help if all were actually updated.

i can definetly see why you starting him in one but you have a tougher one with Moreno, Maroney and Stewart :doublethumbsup:

I have been doing a little research on differ sites. Some sites claim to be updated but i dont think they really are. I was comparing Maroney, Sammy Morris and Ganther. Was curious to see what the "experts" thought.

Rotoworld says its updated but they still have Rock ranked ahead of Ganther as well as ESPN and KFFL. And FFTODAY does not even have Sammy Morris in its top 60.

Rankings- Rotoword-ESPN- YAHOO- KFFL- TOOLBOX- FFTODAY

Maroney- 24- 19- 19- 20- 35- 25

Morris- 46- 43- 44- 39- 34- 60+

Ganther- 48- 48- 20- 58- 28- 22

Maroney average rank= 23.67

Morris average rank= 44.34

Ganther average rank= 37.34

But if you take the sites that seem to be actually updated Yahoo, FFtoday, and Toolbox. I eliminated Morris

Maroney= 26.34

Ganther= 23.34 :doublethumbsup:

You would think between these 7 sites you would be able to find an answer to help you. Of course it would help if all were actually updated.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/st-louis-rams/09...ther-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...3-vs-Lions-2008

Here are some Ganther highlights...not a lot to go by, but shows a burst and nice straight ahead running with power...see the Lions clip...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/st-louis-rams/09...ther-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...3-vs-Lions-2008

Here are some Ganther highlights...not a lot to go by, but shows a burst and nice straight ahead running with power...see the Lions clip...

He looks more like a fullback :mellow: Not very good tackling on the little firehydrant :unsure:

Forte

Bell

Harrison

Ganther

well BELL is having trouble with his knee :dunno: I said earlier he looks like he is going to get hurt every time he touches ball. He might actually be hurt a little. I hope so cause i have Pierre in one league :doublethumbsup:

Mike Bell held out of Thursday's practice

Bell

Mike Bell (knee) was held out of Thursday's practice after being limited Wednesday.

This is a concern for Bell as it's a downgrade. The Saints haven't disclosed the severity of Bell's injury, but it appears to be affecting his play of late. Pierre Thomas would be a must-start RB1 if Bell misses Sunday's favorable matchup against the Falcons. Dec. 10 - 3:20 pm et

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

I did get Ganther in my 3rd league after all. Guess everyone was sleeping. He starts over McCoy. :D

And I got Garrett Hartley Saints Kicker in two leagues. :doublethumbsup:

I did get Ganther in my 3rd league after all. Guess everyone was sleeping. He starts over McCoy. :banana:

And I got Garrett Hartley Saints Kicker in two leagues. :overhead:

I am seriously considering starting Ganther over McCoy as well. Is that nuts? :wub:

Every year this site helps me win a game. I bid $5 on G,Q. I need a big game. But even more importantly I need Moss and Brady to flop.

Every year this site helps me win a game. I bid $5 on G,Q. I need a big game. But even more importantly I need Moss and Brady to flop.

Well your screwed because Ganther is going to have HUGE game but so are Brady and Moss :banana: Brady is hurt and not practicing and Moss is a crying little beatch and they both are pissed so they are money this wkend :overhead:

I'm the only team guaranteed a playoff spot in my league, so I'm in the "wait and see" mode with Ganther. If he produces this week better than the scrubs I have, I'll make a waiver claim. I have to start 2 running backs and I have Fred Jackson, Jonathon Stewart, Chris Brown, Laurence Maroney, and Jerome Harrison.

I'm the only team guaranteed a playoff spot in my league, so I'm in the "wait and see" mode with Ganther. If he produces this week better than the scrubs I have, I'll make a waiver claim. I have to start 2 running backs and I have Fred Jackson, Jonathon Stewart, Chris Brown, Laurence Maroney, and Jerome Harrison.

and how the hell are you the only team guaranteed a playoff spot with those RBs :doh: With those backs id grab Ganther right now :thumbsdown:

nevermind i get it now :thumbsdown:

Oakland Raiders vs. opposing RB's (total yards/TD's)

Wk 1 v SD: Tomlinson 56/1; Sproles 66/1

Wk 2 @ KC: L.Johnson 119

Wk 3 v Den: Buckhalter 108; Moreno 90/1

Wk 4 @ Hou: Slaton 89/2; Moats 56

Wk 5 @ NYG: Bradshaw 165/2; Jacobs 75

Wk 6 v Phi: Westbrook 141

Wk 7 v NYJ: Greene 144/2; T.Jones 124/1

Wk 8 @ SD: Tomlinson 56/2

Wk 10 v KC: Charles 117/1

Wk 11 v Cin: Scott 151

Wk 12 @ Dal: Barber 102; Jones 69/1; Choice 67

Wk 13 @ Pit: Mendenhall 103/1

It's between a healthy Ganther or a banged up Forsett (and an idiotic Mora Jr's love for JJ). Going with Ganther against the Raiduhs. :huh:

I think he's a high risk/high reward play this week. You've got to have some balls to start a complete unknown in a playoff game, but that being said, these are the kinds of plays that win championships if they pay off. Everything is setup for him to succeed going against a horrible Oak defense.... Looks like I might be going with him as a flex since MSW is injured.

I think he's a high risk/high reward play this week. You've got to have some balls to start a complete unknown in a playoff game, but that being said, these are the kinds of plays that win championships if they pay off. Everything is setup for him to succeed going against a horrible Oak defense.... Looks like I might be going with him as a flex since MSW is injured.

i'm an ex- ronnie brown owner which has me down to ganther vs maroney. i think i'm rolling with ganther. i had cartwright and it looked like they were shifting ganthers way then - i had cartwright in and was dismayed because ganther looked better. i think ganther will get 15 touches against a mediocre defense which is more than i envision maroney getting

I need Ganther or Stewart or Bush or Felix or Bradshaw. I already got screwed with Jerome Harrison. I know, playoff week 1 and I am looking at Harrison, Ganther, to go with DeAngelo....nice (lost Slaton). Brees and AJ need HUGE weeks!! :pointstosky: :thumbsup: :overhead:

I would go Stewart, but he has been 3 or 4 points only against non-division foes and I think NE smokes Carolina and they run maybe 20-25 in total with D-Will getting 15 carries.

i'm an ex- ronnie brown owner which has me down to ganther vs maroney. i think i'm rolling with ganther. i had cartwright and it looked like they were shifting ganthers way then - i had cartwright in and was dismayed because ganther looked better. i think ganther will get 15 touches against a mediocre defense which is more than i envision maroney getting

im between Ganther and Maroney for my RB3/flex as well. They both have very favorable matchups as both Carolina and Oakland are not very good against the run. Only if Morris was still hurt :wall: Since Maroney only got 2 touches in the second half of last weeks game against Miami its hard as hell to play him. But the Patriots should run the ball a good bit against Carolina to keep the Pats defense off the field. Well you would think that is what they would do. I can very easily see Maroney getting 60-70 yards and 2 TDs :nono: or 35 yards rushing and 0 TDs :rolleyes:

im between Ganther and Maroney for my RB3/flex as well. They both have very favorable matchups as both Carolina and Oakland are not very good against the run. Only if Morris was still hurt :wall: Since Maroney only got 2 touches in the second half of last weeks game against Miami its hard as hell to play him. But the Patriots should run the ball a good bit against Carolina to keep the Pats defense off the field. Well you would think that is what they would do. I can very easily see Maroney getting 60-70 yards and 2 TDs :nono: or 35 yards rushing and 0 TDs :rolleyes:

i think they want morris as their cold weather back.

i think they want morris as their cold weather back.

plus you always hear how Belichick loves Morris and it looked last week that he is starting to love him some Morris again.

from FFTODAYS inside the matchup:

Running Game Thoughts: The breaking news this week is that Quinton Ganther will get the start over Rock Cartwright. Cartwright struggled in two games as a starter. The Raiders are weak against the run so there is a good chance for the skins to have post big rushing totals, but expectations are that both backs will share the load by committee, rendering each risky plays. Ganther has averaged nearly six yards per carry in spot duty, making him a RB2 with upside. Cartwright should is a marginal flex play with too much of risk for use in critical fantasy playoff weeks.

Projections:

Jason Campbell: 275 yds/2 TDs/1 INT

Santana Moss: 65 yds

Devin Thomas: 85 yds

Fred Davis: 50 yds/1 TD

Quinton Ganther: 70 yds/1 TD

Rock Cartwright: 40 yds/25 rec

I'm rolling w/Q & MJD this week - jsut can't trust KSmith vs Balt.

I think it's risky. I am also deciding b/w K. Smith and Ganther - Ganter is a complete unknown and Zorn might split the carries. I read that K. Jones almost 100% healthy from the shoulder injury and you know he is going to get at least 20 total touches b/w rushing and receiving. The question mark are the ever so important TD's??

I am not sure what I will do

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/306551-...eek-for-week-14

Quinton Ganther: Fantasy Sleeper Pick of the Week for Week 14?

The Washington Redskins have announced that Quinton Ganther has taken over the starting running back duties for the team, and for those of you looking to supplement your team at the position, Ganther is a huge sleeper pick for this week.

The Redskins face an Oakland Raider team that basically invites teams to run against them giving up an average of 158 plus yards a game, while the Redskins are hovering just over 100 yards a game on the ground.

But what’s significant about Ganther’s value isn’t just the appalling run defense of the Raiders, rather the passing defense of both teams.

The Raiders have an uncanny ability to shut down the long ball, and considering the Redskins aren’t exactly setting the world on fire with their passing game, Zorn and company could look to play a game of ball control.

The Redskins are no slouches at passing defense either.

The Redskins are ranked fifth overall against the pass, and if you put both team’s aptitude to control the passing attack together, you have yourself a situation that is prime for the ground game to take center stage.

Ganther didn’t just win a starting role; he earned it outright by simply outplaying Rock Cartwright. The team’s coaching staff is very high on Ganther’s talents—something that leaves a very high ceiling for possible Fantasy points.

For most of you, the playoffs start this week; the remainder of you are in your final week of regular season competition, so adding a sleeper pick with a huge upside could be that difference maker you have been looking for.

Ganther could be that player.

yostevo's Red Cross of a FF team might have just opened up a spot for Q in the starting lineup.

Ronnie Brown-- IR

Slaton-- IR

MSW --Doubtful

P.Harvin-- game time decision

D. Jackson-- concussed but will probably play

:nono:

yostevo's Red Cross of a FF team might have just opened up a spot for Q in the starting lineup.

Ronnie Brown-- IR

Slaton-- IR

MSW --Doubtful

P.Harvin-- game time decision

D. Jackson-- concussed but will probably play

:wall:

OUCH :first: not good time for those :nono:

2009-12-11 14:53:03

Ryan O'Halloran, of The Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins RB Quinton Ganther is expected to get about half of the carries in Week 14 with RBs Rock Cartwright and Marcus Mason also getting carries. Mason may be the runner to receive the goal line carries.

I can't find the original article in the Washington Times online though. Not sure if this writer knows something or if he's guessing.

2009-12-11 14:53:03

Ryan O'Halloran, of The Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins RB Quinton Ganther is expected to get about half of the carries in Week 14 with RBs Rock Cartwright and Marcus Mason also getting carries. Mason may be the runner to receive the goal line carries.

I can't find the original article in the Washington Times online though. Not sure if this writer knows something or if he's guessing.

how many carries have the Redskins been getting?? does that mean he should see only about 10-12 carries or more :nono: Great now i have more doubt and may lean back toward Maroney :first: