Sign in to follow this  
MedStudent

***Official Geek of the Decade - Pole***

Here are the nominations with vote totals up through post 93:

Wiffleball

Rusty Syringes - 9 votes (Peenie, Suxbnme, The Moz, Eagles Green, TNG, Mr. Anonymous, Posty, mighty thor, Iron Toe Nedney)

brinett9

Suxbnme - 1 vote (yer mom)

giants fan - 2 votes (NorthernVike, Chronic Husker)

edjr - 2 votes (mile high drunk, patweiser44)

Gutterboy - 3 votes (KSB2424, tikigods, KayJay1971)

NewbieJr - 3 votes (siouxsie, The Observer, Dongholster )

phillybear aka lackman - 3 votes (Jerryskids, kutulu, shotsup)

kutulu - 3 votes (Big Pete, bunny bastatrds, dain11279)

Suspected aliaii (shown in brown) subject to removal in final standings at the discretion of bored authorities.

Post who you think should be geek of the decade. This is too important an honor to be decided by aliases. So this is a transparent poll. Post your vote and I will periodically update the results.

While all worthy canidates in their own way, my vote goes to the person that most personifies the Geek Club (to me). And that person is :drumroll:

Gutterboy - He's crass, he's an ass. He's a silverback with a big post count and still will show up today. The pic of him riding the kitty is Geek lore. When he is actually serious he seems rather intelligent, and can be helpful. His handle personifies the whole lot of us for crying out loud. The biggest asshole message board on the internet should have it's biggest asshole as it's winner.

Why didn't you make this an ACTUAL poll?

so people can't cheat? :shocking:

so people can't cheat? :shocking:

Yeah, wouldn't want the legit winner to miss out on all the great prizes!!!!

The biggest asshole message board on the internet should have it's biggest asshole as it's winner.

Yea it's kind of like going out to the outhouse and selecting your favorite turd.

Yeah, wouldn't want the legit winner to miss out on all the great prizes!!!!

much like the geek brackets, a poll here just won't work.

rusty:

guess the geek

santa gift swap

curly/geek fantasy football

he's funny (not as funny as philly or wiffle but sometimes he gets it in*)

he's still around

* get it in

To have a fun or entertaining time with,

This thread is proof that people can't read. It has the nominations listed and explains why it is a transparent voting process. Yet two people still don't get it. :pointstosky:

Since the vote isn't anonymous, I'm going to vote for Bacon.

wow, there are quite a few worthy candidates.

Wiffleball is great, but he's dropped off recently, plus, he tends to only post political crap for the last few years, which greatly diminishes his ability to bring the funny.

Rusty WAS a funny guy, who started some all-time great threads (paying for pizza with a check), and he still posts, so that's great, but his quality seems to have taken a dive

brinett9 doesn't post here anymore. While he can bring the funny, his posts are mostly forgettable. I could not tell you a single quote from him without using the search function. GOTD requires a lasting stamp on this place, and if I have to resort to the search feature, he didn't leave a bold enough stamp.

Sux is a fantastic poster. Not only does he make fun of everyone here, but he also makes fun of himself. There is something really likable in a person who uses self-deprecating humor. He hasn't been around these parts for long though, and that can definitely hurt his chances. It's the HOF debate all over again. Do you give it to a guy who had 10 really good years? Or 4 great years? Sux falls into this debate.

phillybear has always brought the funny. He still posts here regularly, and he's brought us the "good morning geeks :furious:" threads. Those always brighten up our day, and it gives other geeks the chance to say something nice to him in those threads, which pisses him off. He has gotten kinda cheery lately, and he's lost some of his spunk. Maybe it's cause he's dying. Maybe it's cause he's a 1 trick pony with his "I hope you die in a puddle of AIDS" schtick. who knows.

kutulu consistently brings the funny. He always wins the drafts, and was GOTY before (I think). Plus he always uses a well placed banana when we need it. Besides Emoticon Only Poster, kutulu is the best emoticon poster here, and that can't go unnoticed. kutulu has also grown as a poster by introducing his :doh: as a solo post. combine his always hilarious wit and banter with a well placed banana and wave, and you have quite a formidable candidate.

However, there can only be 1 Geek of the Decade. All the aforementioned candidates are worthy, yet only 1 of them can win.

My vote for Geek of the Decade goes to:

:headbanger: WHO CARES :thumbsup: WHO CARES :lol:

alsokutuluifyouretooretardedtogetthatfromthedancingbananas

As much as it pains me, I'll cast my vote for Rustor :thumbsdown:

Also, this will never work in this format.

Most people want anonymity.

As much as it pains me, I'll cast my vote for Rustor :thumbsdown:

There's no shame in voting for yourself. Do you honestly think that Michael Jordan wouldn't say that he should be in the HOF?

I love the fact that this isn't a poll where people can just bring out their aliases to slant the results. Anyone getting a vote this way is truly respected by at least one other member. That's the way it should be. :thumbsdown: Christ, this would be Rusty, GiantsFan, and Edjr in a runaway if it was just an alias contest.

That being said, I really respect most of the members who were recocgnized as finalists. A very worthy cast of Geeks.

With that, I have to cast my vote.

NewbieJr-

This guy has been here since the first half of the decade (2004) and I've watched him grow from a timid poster who got the majority of his posts in the Music thread where you'd name a song that had a word from the last title posted (remember that thread?), to a thoughtful, kind, humorous poster who shows compassion for the less-fortunate (Sux and his grassless yard) as well trying t combat the Limbaugh-repeaters that try to infiltrate our lovely community.

I've watched him battle the old ornery guys like Swerski and Drobeski, as well as befriend the nice guys like BiPolarBear. He's shared his humor (The Geek Animations) and his hardships (The very honest unemeployment thread). He's shared his expertise of music and lovemaking and has shown pictures of his hot wife. And for the ladies, he's offered photos that show his boyish good-looks and Adonis-like physic.

He really offers something for everyone.

And that's why I cast my vote for Geek of the Decade to NewbieJr. :headbanger:

Most people want anonymity.

Why? If somebody cares that much about who the fock they vote for then they need to get a life. Holy Fock. It's a GOTD vote, not a coming out of the closet thread.

There's no shame in voting for yourself. Do you honestly think that Michael Jordan wouldn't say that he should be in the HOF?

[Doc Holliday] It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds. [/Doc Holliday]

Why? If somebody cares that much about who the fock they vote for then they need to get a life. Holy Fock. It's a GOTD vote, not a coming out of the closet thread.

If most of us "had a life" we wouldn't be here in the first place. HTH

I love the fact that this isn't a poll where people can just bring out their aliases to slant the results. Anyone getting a vote this way is truly respected by at least one other member. That's the way it should be. :thumbsdown: Christ, this would be Rusty, GiantsFan, and Edjr in a runaway if it was just an alias contest.

That being said, I really respect most of the members who were recocgnized as finalists. A very worthy cast of Geeks.

NewbieJr-

This guy has been here since the first half of the decade (2004) and I've watched him grow from a timid poster who got the majority of his posts in the Music thread where you'd name a song that had a word from the last title posted (remember that thread?), to a thoughtful, kind, humorous poster who shows compassion for the less-fortunate (Sux and his grassless yard) as well trying t combat the Limbaugh-repeaters that try to infiltrate our lovely community.

I've watched him battle the old ornery guys like Swerski and Drobeski, as well as befriend the nice guys like BiPolarBear. He's shared his humor (The Geek Animations) and his hardships (The very honest unemeployment thread). He's shared his expertise of music and lovemaking and has shown pictures of his hot wife. And for the ladies, he's offered photos that show his boyish good-looks and Adonis-like physic.

And that's why I cast my vote for Geek of the Decade to NewbieJr. :headbanger:

at 87 posts and almost 5 years of membership, I'm afraid you qualify as an alias. This is the reason why it's a write in vote.

Holy Fock. It's a GOTD vote, not a coming out of the closet thread.

Oh. Let me know if you start one of those. I have something I'd like to share.

at 87 posts and almost 4 years of membership, I'm afraid you qualify as an alias. This is the reason why it's a write in vote.

The funny thing is that this exact alias is one of the reasons said poster was nominated as a finalist. The Observer was great. :thumbsdown:

You gotta wait until she's 18 for that. :thumbsdown:

at 87 posts and almost 5 years of membership, I'm afraid you qualify as an alias. This is the reason why it's a write in vote.

The Observer knows everyone better than anyone else here. He is here every-single-day. Just observing (hence the name). Obsering and judging. Taking notes. He knows the members' strengths anmd weaknesses. He knows where you live, what you do, how many kids you have, and what your favorite color is. Believe me, it's not about post-count with that cat. He is omnipresent.

The funny thing is that this exact alias is one of the reasons said poster was nominated as a finalist. The Observer was great. :thumbsdown:

Awwwww. Thank you, errr, I mean..he thanks you.

The Observer knows everyone better than anyone else here. He is here every-single-day. Just observing (hence the name). Obsering and judging. Taking notes. He knows the members' strengths anmd weaknesses. He knows where you live, what you do, how many kids you have, and what your favorite color is. Believe me, it's not about post-count with that cat. He is omnipresent.

Proof positive that it's possible to suck your own d!ck.

LOL

Blah blah blah some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. :thumbsdown:

If most of us "had a life" we wouldn't be here in the first place. HTH

I've been arguing with you(s) about this for years. Glad you finally own up to it. ... so damned obvious!

We already know the fact. What we really want to know is where are you getting those photos and youtube clips.

The first part is darned obvious.

We already know the fact. What we really want to know is where are you getting those photos and youtube clips.

The first part is darned obvious.

Jealousy looks bad on you. :overhead:

Jealousy looks bad on you. :overhead:

So do 2 piece bathing suits. That's why you'll never see either on me.

Now, did you have something you wanted to fess up to. Today's a good day to blurt it out.

So do 2 piece bathing suits. That's why you'll never see either on me.

So, you start out by trying to pass yourself off as a woman. Then, you take it to the next level, and claim to be a fat pig.

Genius.

Now, did you have something you wanted to fess up to. Today's a good day to blurt it out.

Yes. I have an alias that I use from time to time, but very seldomly. In fact, I think my alias has 87 posts.

Since you claim to be the alias-buster around here, youi should try to figure it out and tell everyone. That would bring your grand total of aliases outed to...........wait for it.................................ONE! Yay! You're great at this. :overhead:

Yes. I have an alias that I use from time to time, but very seldomly. In fact, I think my alias has 87 posts.

Since you claim to be the alias-buster around here, youi should try to figure it out and tell everyone. That would bring your grand total of aliases outed to...........wait for it.................................ONE! Yay! You're great at this. :overhead:

Whoa, I see I've struck a nerve. LOL

BTW, I wasn't referring to any alias stuff. You know what I was talking about.

Whoa, I see I've struck a nerve. LOL

Now that truly is a LOL moment. You're a joke to me and everyone here. You couldn't strike a nerve with me if you used a shovel and pick. :pointstosky: But thanks for playing. Now go on and bust your first alias, Columbo.

35 pots and what 3 votes.

I vote for Rusty with Torrid for Honorable mention

as for most interesting -- Gutter and Swerski

1 vote for Rustah.

That guy is the ultimate geek

I love the fact that this isn't a poll where people can just bring out their aliases to slant the results. Anyone getting a vote this way is truly respected by at least one other member. That's the way it should be. :thumbsup: Christ, this would be Rusty, GiantsFan, and Edjr in a runaway if it was just an alias contest.

NewbieJr-

And that's why I cast my vote for Geek of the Decade to NewbieJr. :cheers:

I too cast my vote for Newbie Jr

I too cast my vote for Newbie Jr

Acorn has clearly decided to support newbie.

Rusty gets my vote.

He is clearly my favorite turd in this toilet bowl.