Sign in to follow this  
PsychoBelichickFan

Why are other fans so furious that Dallas is known as "America's Team"?

I have talked to many fans of other teams and they are furious and irate when Dallas is referred to as "America's Team". Why does this bother them so much? A Chargers fan told me "I am an American and they are NOT my team". This truly bothers some people, to the point of anger. Are they just upset because their team does not have such a nickname? I ask this because I am a pats fan, but my brother is a hardcore dallas fan. He defends their nickname and says they have as he puts it , "earned it". I dont really refer to them as as americans team and truth be told it is a bit annoying but not to the point of anger. Can non dallas homers explain why this angers this so much?

they're not....it's just propaganda started and stirred by cowboys fans so that there is something about which to complain and argue.... :overhead: <_< :overhead:

they're not....it's just propaganda started and stirred by cowboys fans so that there is something about which to complain and argue.... :overhead: <_< :overhead:

well i was reading the eagles boards as well as the other nfc teams boards and they all have a thread claiming dallas is not americas team and that name really ticks them off

i didn't realize it bothered people.

i mean, its fairly insignificant

also, wrong alias again.

i didn't realize it bothered people.

i mean, its fairly insignificant

also, wrong alias again.

good catch.

I'm a born and bred Texan and they're not even my team and I harbor a dislike for the Atlanta Braves for the same reason. I've said all along that I have much less issue with the Cowboys than I do their fans. 35 years as a Steelers fan living in South Texas tends to make you a bit edgy regarding interaction with Cowgirls bandwagon style fans. There are no worse blinded-by-homerism and holier-than-thou fans than the Cowboys fans (although New England fans come a close 2nd)...in fact, you and all your aliases are a perfect example of this phenomena. It doesn't bother me as much as it makes me laugh that any team that hasn't won a playoff game since well into the last millennia and their fans can even think that they're remotely relevant.

good catch.

I'm a born and bred Texan and they're not even my team and I harbor a dislike for the Atlanta Braves for the same reason. I've said all along that I have much less issue with the Cowboys than I do their fans. 35 years as a Steelers fan living in South Texas tends to make you a bit edgy regarding interaction with Cowgirls bandwagon style fans. There are no worse blinded-by-homerism and holier-than-thou fans than the Cowboys fans (although New England fans come a close 2nd)...in fact, you and all your aliases are a perfect example of this phenomena. It doesn't bother me as much as it makes me laugh that any team that hasn't won a playoff game since well into the last millennia and their fans can even think that they're remotely relevant.

Now that is funny! :pointstosky:

I have talked to many fans of other teams and they are furious and irate when Dallas is referred to as "America's Team". Why does this bother them so much? A Chargers fan told me "I am an American and they are NOT my team". This truly bothers some people, to the point of anger. Are they just upset because their team does not have such a nickname? I ask this because I am a pats fan, but my alias is a hardcore dallas fan. He defends their nickname and says they have as he puts it , "earned it". I dont really refer to them as as americans team and truth be told it is a bit annoying but not to the point of anger. Can non dallas homers explain why this angers this so much?

Fixed

The Cowboys began to be referred to as 'America's team' in the mid-70's right in the middle of the Steelers' run of 4 SB's in 6 years. That has always stuck in the craw of truly loyal and devoted Steeler fans.

I have talked to many fans of other teams and they are furious and irate when Dallas is referred to as "America's Team". Why does this bother them so much? A Chargers fan told me "I am an American and they are NOT my team". This truly bothers some people, to the point of anger. Are they just upset because their team does not have such a nickname? I ask this because I am a pats fan, but my brother is a hardcore dallas fan. He defends their nickname and says they have as he puts it , "earned it". I dont really refer to them as as americans team and truth be told it is a bit annoying but not to the point of anger. Can non dallas homers explain why this angers this so much?

You mistake people laughing at Cowboys fans (like you) for continuing to call yourselves America's Team for being furious.

And no, you are not a Pats fan.

If you were, why would you post so damn much about the Cowboys and care so much about what people think about them and Romo?

You are not fooling anyone. You are pimp...Dallas_Empire...and Blue_Star_Wrecking_Crew. Not sure why you continue to deny it.

Blue Star is not your brother...he is you.

I think its because Oakland sells the most merchandise but can't sell out their games.

Because of mindless dooshbags that spew pointless threads and posts on this board under multiple aliases. Welching on bets related to "America's Team" is a reason too.

Basically, you and your alter-ego ruin it for the rest of Cowboy nation. Good job perpetuating stereotypes! :music_guitarred:

I love how he turned his alias into his brother. So all of them are going to become his family now. lmao!

Well, to answer the troll's question anyway, I'll ask this question:

Is there actually a non-Dallas fan out there that refers to them as America's team? I suspect this is a term used exclusively by Dallas fans (but not necessarily every Dallas fan). Which means that some Dallas fan with a massive inferiority complex must have come up with the term in the first place. :)

I love how he turned his alias into his brother. So all of them are going to become his family now. lmao!

Welcome to another episode of "As the Stomach Churns."

This is an easy one. I listen to Sirius NFL Radio quite a bit and I'm pretty sure that the Jacksonville Jaguars now have the "America's Team" nickname...going on a couple of years now. Would have thought by now that the Cowboys would have gotten themselves a new one????

America's Team? Seriously? That is an actual term for a football team? And a particular team is claiming rights to something so faggity?

Oh, good Lord. Just call yourselves the American Idols for a tie in with Fox TV and be done with it, you prancing, talentless sissies.

I have talked to many fans of other teams

The voices in your head of all your aliases here do not count as "fans of other teams".

America's Team? Sure....if you include Central America, Latin America, South America, MesoAmerica. How many illegals have used the lights from Cowboys Stadium to help guide them northward?

America's Team? Sure....if you include Central America, Latin America, South America, MesoAmerica. How many illegals have used the lights from Cowboys Stadium to help guide them northward?

:doublethumbsup:

Yeah other than D-bag Cowboy fans....nobody else calls them that.

And they may be furious having Americas team attached to the them as americans...because typically we like winners....not first round playoff busts year in and year out.

Miley Cyrus even thinks they are overrated.......

Paris Hilton even thinks they talk about them too much for not having done anything....

Its simple: Areicans are cowboys by nature. We have the biggest guns, the biggest trucks, the biggest houses, and the biggest wallets. We also burn the most fossil fuels and kill the planet the fastest. HA! :cheers:

Cowboy is a term associated with "big stuff". I know that it pisses off commie pinko liberal queers....but its too damned bad!

Yeeeee Haaaw! :overhead:

Its simple: Areicans are cowboys by nature. We have the biggest guns, the biggest trucks, the biggest houses, and the biggest wallets. We also burn the most fossil fuels and kill the planet the fastest. HA! :dunno:

Cowboy is a term associated with "big stuff". I know that it pisses off commie pinko liberal queers....but its too damned bad!

Yeeeee Haaaw! :unsure:

What the eff is an Arecian?

What the eff is an Arecian?

A fat, blue, furry, virgin creature from the Avatar movie.