Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

2010 NORSE Battledome thread!

There is also no question that the Norse Division is the best Division in the NFC with the fall of Philly, Washington, and NYG..

Don't make me go all Giants Fan on you. :thumbsdown:

the lions will overtake da bears for 3rd in the norris next year--mark it down :bandana:

...unless they draft a wr in the first round :ninja:

the lions will overtake da bears for 3rd in the norris next year--mark it down :bandana:

...unless they draft a wr in the first round :ninja:

just focus on that ever elusive 3rd win in a season before trying to eat the elephant in one bite.

just focus on that ever elusive 3rd win in a season before trying to eat the elephant in one bite.

was that a Brianna B video?

Kickers

1. Gould - dude is money, none better in the game today, robbed of another pro bowl

2. Longwell - Nice average for an indoor kicker. Missed an unforgivable xpt trying to show up Gould on the other sideline. Can't play outdoors anymore and asked Childress if he could keep his coat on for kicks when the air conditioning is on. Useless.

3. Crosby - horrible 75% average and he missed an xpt. GB needs to burn a high pick on a replacement. GB might as well go for two until his replacement is secured. Waste of a roster spot

4. Hanson - sadly, the end is near for the franchise @ 39 yrs of age. How Detroit won two games when he had an off year is beyond me. Time to hang them up and wait the 5 years until canton calls.

Kickers

1. Gould - dude is money, none better in the game today, robbed of another pro bowl

2. Longwell - Nice average for an indoor kicker. Missed an unforgivable xpt trying to show up Gould on the other sideline. Can't play outdoors anymore and asked Childress if he could keep his coat on for kicks when the air conditioning is on. Useless.

3. Crosby - horrible 75% average and he missed an xpt. GB needs to burn a high pick on a replacement. GB might as well go for two until his replacement is secured. Waste of a roster spot

4. Hanson - sadly, the end is near for the franchise @ 39 yrs of age. How Detroit won two games when he had an off year is beyond me. Time to hang them up and wait the 5 years until canton calls.

KICKER BREAKDOWN!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There is no question that the Packers are poised to dominate this division for the next handful of years. :thumbsup:

the vikings are the dominant team and the nfc east is the best division regardless of what the guy said earlier

the vikings are the dominant team and the nfc east is the best division regardless of what the guy said earlier

Thanks for again trolling in a thread that has nothing to do with the Cowboys.

I think the Packers and Vikings will be fighting it out for the division next year if Favre is still there.

If not...should be the Packers division to lose.

Still a lot of questions up front for GB and in the secondary.

But QB and all skill position on the offense they are set...and set well.

Even giving up a ton of sacks this year they put up incredible numbers.

Lets wait here. The Viqueens still have another SB to not win.

Look at that Minny SB Trophy Case! :cry:

Lets wait here. The Viqueens still have another SB to not win.

Look at that Minny SB Trophy Case! :lol:

I hope Favre wins this one for Tarkenton!! :thumbsup: ...............who has been noticibly absent since he got his foot lodged down his throat.

If Favre plays:

#1 MIN 13-3

#2 GB 12-4

#3 CHI 9-7

#4 DET 5-11

If Favre doesn't play:

#1 GB 13-3

#2 CHI 10-6

#3 MIN 9-7

#4 DET 5-11

As soon as Favre retires, this division is Green Bay's for the next decade+. Rodgers has Jennings & Finley & James Jones & Jordy Nelson to grow old with along with a solid young defense and a great front office that consistently drafts solid young talent. A team like the pack that have a very strong core that builds through the draft is poised to be very strong for many years to come.

But QB and all skill position on the offense they are set...and set well.

Even giving up a ton of sacks this year they put up incredible numbers.

Driver can't play forever and I would be scared to lose him.

also I can easily see the Lions passing the Bears. All they have to do is continue making good draft picks. Stafford, Pettigrew, Delmas were steps in the right direction. They just need to address that offensive line.

Driver can't play forever and I would be scared to lose him.

also I can easily see the Lions passing the Bears. All they have to do is continue making good draft picks. Stafford, Pettigrew, Delmas were steps in the right direction. They just need to address that offensive line.

No...he can't play forever...but he has shown very few signs of slowing down and keeps in excellent shape.

But behind him they have Jones and Nelson who have proven they are pretty good too. Add in the emergence of Finley who seems to be the go to guy for possession type passes now and big plays...

Look at Driver's numbers early in the year. He was having a pro bowl year. Then look when Finley got healthy and started getting more targets and whose numbers went down.

I was surprised to see how little Driver did down the stretch actually.

As for the Lions continuing to make good draft picks?

Meh...decent. But at some point when you have bad offensive and defensive lines...you might want to address that. They had a huge opportunity last year to do so...and took a TE instead.

:doublethumbsup: poor swamp.... :lol:

maybe the bears will draft someone who will help when they have a meaningful draft pick again a couple of years from now.

No...he can't play forever...but he has shown very few signs of slowing down and keeps in excellent shape.

But behind him they have Jones and Nelson who have proven they are pretty good too. Add in the emergence of Finley who seems to be the go to guy for possession type passes now and big plays...

Look at Driver's numbers early in the year. He was having a pro bowl year. Then look when Finley got healthy and started getting more targets and whose numbers went down.

I was surprised to see how little Driver did down the stretch actually.

As for the Lions continuing to make good draft picks?

Meh...decent. But at some point when you have bad offensive and defensive lines...you might want to address that. They had a huge opportunity last year to do so...and took a TE instead.

you're forgetting sammie hill, a steal and a starter they drafted in the 4th.

i'm very happy with the draft they had last year. no way they were going to fill all the holes. they drafted 5 starters last year: stafford, pettigrew, delmas, levy (who is also very good), and hill.

they need to hit on another 4+ or so draft picks again, no question.

i'm very happy with the draft they had last year. Joey Harrington is looking confident, Charles Rodgers is packing on some lean muscle and running crisp routes, Mike Williams is making great strides....

If you're happy with it, Swampy, I'm happy with it, too! :thumbsup:

Super Bowl is right around the corner!

If you're happy with it, Swampy, I'm happy with it, too! :thumbsup:

Super Bowl is right around the corner!

um, see my previous posts. i'm hoping for third place. not in the conference. in the division ;)

you're forgetting sammie hill, a steal and a starter they drafted in the 4th.

i'm very happy with the draft they had last year. no way they were going to fill all the holes. they drafted 5 starters last year: stafford, pettigrew, delmas, levy (who is also very good), and hill.

they need to hit on another 4+ or so draft picks again, no question.

Sammie Hill...meh. Im not forgetting...just not impressed that they had a chance at a guy like Oher and passed.

It was a decent draft...time will tell how good.

I just think a team like that should be building on their O and Dlines...things that have been bad for a few years now.

um, see my previous posts. i'm hoping for third place. not in the conference. in the division ;)

I know... just glad to have you back and posting and confident again...

An improvement to 2-14 will do that to a fella :thumbsup:

um, see my previous posts. i'm hoping for third place. not in the conference. in the division :thumbsup:

Hope is a great thing. Good luck

Hoping for the 3rd win however may be more realistic.

Hope is a great thing. Good luck

Hoping for the 3rd win however may be more realistic.

the bears have a shitload of their own problems. you and sweetmeat would be best to concentrate on that sizable mountain of worries rather than talking trash to other teams. even the lions :thumbsup:

Previous Analysis

Kickers

Backup RB

1. Chester Taylor - Once again the Bears are the class of the division. At a young 29, Taylor far exceeds anything else the division has to offer for back up RBs. Should combine with Forte to exceed marshall faulk numbers by quite a large margin. early targets are 3000 combined rushing yards, 100 receptions out of the backfield and stellar blocking.

2. TBD - The Vikes are scrambling to fill the void created by Chester leaving and hope to sign the aged, eroding LT2. They currently don't have a backup on the roster and this alone is enough to put them in 2nd place in the division in this all important category. No one is a step ahead of the dead weight and cash liability that Det and GB currently enjoy.

3. Maurice Morris - It's difficult to judge Det RBs when their starters are barely backup quality. If we assume that gimpy Kevin Smith leads this group, the next in line is the perennially sucky Maurice Morris.

4. Brandon Jackson - After the mediocre starter, 2nd round bust Brandon jackson leads the backups. His yds per season is trending towards 50 or so for 2010. Lucky to be employed after great expectations coming out in 2007.

Blocking TEs

1. Brandon Manumaleuna - Essentially a 6th lineman playing TE, Manu leads this group by quite a large margin. Will contribute to the conservative target of 0 sacks allowed in 2010.

2. Jim Kleinsasser - The elder one can actually block. The issue is that he has ballooned up to 275 pounds. Jim has been watching some old Fridge Perry videos and is modelling his game after Perry's versatile offensive skills shown back in the mid 80s. Good enough to rank him 2nd in the division.

3. Brandon Pettigrew - Even if not healthy, Det may roll out a gurney onto the field for Pettigrew and make opposing defensive ends jump over or run around the gimpy sophomore. The delay this causes may allow Stafford to complete a hand off before the opposing Dline is 4 yards into the backfield.

4. Jermicheal Finley - While the youngster has shiown some promise as a pass catcher, the only way he blocks is as a guest on Hollywood squares. Rodgers should have another season of running for his life from Peppers and Allen with Finley 40 yards downfield claiming to be open.

Next installments: FA Signings, kick returners, Long Snappers

Previous Analysis

Backup RB

1. Chester Taylor - Once again the Bears are the class of the division. At a young 29, Taylor far exceeds anything else the division has to offer for back up RBs. Should combine with Forte to exceed marshall faulk numbers by quite a large margin. early targets are 3000 combined rushing yards, 100 receptions out of the backfield and stellar blocking.

2. TBD - The Vikes are scrambling to fill the void created by Chester leaving and hope to sign the aged, eroding LT2. They currently don't have a backup on the roster and this alone is enough to put them in 2nd place in the division in this all important category. No one is a step ahead of the dead weight and cash liability that Det and GB currently enjoy.

3. Maurice Morris - It's difficult to judge Det RBs when their starters are barely backup quality. If we assume that gimpy Kevin Smith leads this group, the next in line is the perennially sucky Maurice Morris.

4. Brandon Jackson - After the mediocre starter, 2nd round bust Brandon jackson leads the backups. His yds per season is trending towards 50 or so for 2010. Lucky to be employed after great expectations coming out in 2007.

Blocking TEs

1. Brandon Manumaleuna - Essentially a 6th lineman playing TE, Manu leads this group by quite a large margin. Will contribute to the conservative target of 0 sacks allowed in 2010.

2. Jim Kleinsasser - The elder one can actually block. The issue is that he has ballooned up to 275 pounds. Jim has been watching some old Fridge Perry videos and is modelling his game after Perry's versatile offensive skills shown back in the mid 80s. Good enough to rank him 2nd in the division.

3. Brandon Pettigrew - Even if not healthy, Det may roll out a gurney onto the field for Pettigrew and make opposing defensive ends jump over or run around the gimpy sophomore. The delay this causes may allow Stafford to complete a hand off before the opposing Dline is 4 yards into the backfield.

4. Jermicheal Finley - While the youngster has shiown some promise as a pass catcher, the only way he blocks is as a guest on Hollywood squares. Rodgers should have another season of running for his life from Peppers and Allen with Finley 40 yards downfield claiming to be open.

Next installments: FA Signings, kick returners, Long Snappers

you could wait until after the draft to update this--oh, wait: the draft IS OVER for the bears! :doublethumbsup:

I know you guys rag on the Lions a lot but I did find one positive from 2009 that has gone unnoticed.

Selling the Silverdome earned enough money to pay backup QB Drew Stanton's salary for 2009!

Silverdome sale:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0312/New...-monster-trucks

Salary link:

http://www.sportscity.com/NFL/Detroit-Lions-Salaries

I know you guys rag on the Lions a lot but I did find one positive from 2009 that has gone unnoticed.

Selling the Silverdome earned enough money to pay backup QB Drew Stanton's salary for 2009!

Silverdome sale:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0312/New...-monster-trucks

Salary link:

http://www.sportscity.com/NFL/Detroit-Lions-Salaries

Holy crap. Cheaper than an average house.

Where are the spending their money?

Det

Backus = 6yr - 38M - 16M Guarenteed, 2012 FA

Burleson - 5yr - 25M - 11M Guarenteed, 2015 FA

Calvin J - 6yr - 56M - 27M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

Bryant J - 3yr - 9M - 1.2M Guarenteed. 2012 FA

Northcutt - 4yr - 17M - 5M Guarenteed. 2012 FA

J Peterson - 7yr - 54M - 18.5M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

D raiola - 5yr - 24M - 9M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Stafford - 6yr - 72M - 42M Guarenteed. 2015 FA

KVB - 4yr - 26M - 10M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Corey Williams - 6yr - 39M - 16M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Minn

Jared Allen - 6yr - 74M - 31M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Berrian - 6yr - 44M - 16M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Favre - 2yr - 25M - 6M Guarenteed. 2011 FA

C Griffin - 5yr - 29M - 11M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

EJ Henderson - 5yr - 25M - 10M Guarenteed. 2012 FA

Hutchinson - 7yr - 49M - 16M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

Kleinsasser - 3yr - 9M - 4M Guarenteed. 2012 FA

Shiancoe - 5yr - 18M - 7M Guarenteed. 2012 FA

McKinnie - 7yr - 49M - 18M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Peterson - 6yr - 41M - 17M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

K Williams - 5yr - 33M - 16M Guarenteed. 2012 FA (options to extend)

M Williams - 5yr - 34M - 13M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Winfield - 5yr - 36M - 16M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

S Rice - FA in 2011

GB

Barnett - 6yr - 35M - 10M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

Chillar - 4yr - 23M - 7M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Clifton - 3yr - 20M - 8M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

Collins - 4yr - 27M - 14M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Driver - 2011 FA

Grant - 4yr - 20M - 10M Guarenteed. 2012 FA

Hawk - 6yr - 38M - 16M Guarenteed. 2012 FA

Jennings - 4yr - 27M - 16M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

D Lee - 4yr - 12M - 4M Guarenteed. 2012 FA

Pickett - 4yr - 28M - 10M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Poppinga - 5yr - 17M - 5M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

Raji - 5yr - 23M - 18M Guarenteed. 2015 FA

Rodgers - 6yr - 65M - 20M Guarenteed. 2015 FA

Woodson - 7yr - 52M - 16M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

Chi

Briggs - 6yr - 36M - 13M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

A Brown - 5yr - 15M - 6M Guarenteed. 2012 FA

Cutler - 5yr - 50M - 20M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

T Harris - 4yr - 40M - 18M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

Hester - 4yr - 41M - 15M Guarenteed. 2014 FA (10 Mill roster bonus in 2013)

Manumaleuna - 5yr - 15M - 6M Guarenteed. 2015 FA

Peppers - 6yr - 84M - 42M Guarenteed. 2016 FA

Tillman - 7yr - 41M - 18M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Urlacher - 5yr - 41M - 10M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

Vasher - 5yr - 28M - 10M Guarenteed. 2013 FA

Kruetz - 2011 FA

Gould - 6yr - 15M - 2M Guarenteed. 2014 FA

Comments:

1. * Det is spending more than double what anyone else is on WRs with 22M \ yr for the top 4
    * GB has alot of FAs on offence over the next couple of years.
    * Cutler is the lowest paid qb in the division
    * Backup TEs seem to make 3M \ yr
    * Vikings appear to sign the most big deals
    * Not to pile on Detroit, but most of the big money deals look like bad investments
    * Ks are well paid and make more than alot of good players
    * High draft positions contracts are insane

Richest:

1. Peppers

2. Allen

3. Stafford

4. Rodgers

5. favre

6. Cutler

Worst Deals: (in no order)

Vasher

Hester

Hawk

Raji

Berrian

McKinnie

Backus

J Peterson

Kickers

LOL That's awesome.

Vikings if Favre is back, otherwise a toss up with the Packers.

The Vikes will win it all next year and that's a :lock:

Raji

Explain to me just how his deal is in the worst right now? Because he did not do much his rookie year?

I think its a bit early to call it on that one.

Explain to me just how his deal is in the worst right now? Because he did not do much his rookie year?

I think its a bit early to call it on that one.

You answered your own question