Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Who are you rooting for

I know we have a few Vikings, Jets and Colts fans (Actually, are there any Saints fans here?), so some of you are biased.

Who are the rest of you fans of "loser" teams rooting for?

I have to admit, I am kind of rooting for the Saints. Hard team to not like, especially Brees.

After that I might (surprising to me) root for the Jets. It is not right that I root for a NY team at all, but I have become a bit of a fan of Rex Ryan.

Well, how about who we DONT want to see win?

The Saints - Im growing quite tired of the Saints and their "the city and the people deserve it" BS. Why do they deserve it anymore than anyone else? The idiots who built the city where they did are the root cause of the problems there. Somehow, watching a football game suddenly rebuilds your house, feeds your family, etc, etc. When Drew Brees says the "deserve" crap its almost as if hes winking at Roger Goodell... kind if like "Hey Rog, dont be afraid to make SURE we get a few extra calls if need be....because WE deserve to go to and win the Super Bowl. Natural Disasters occurring in known flood zones do NOT "deserve" anything special. Win the damn game and just shut up about the Nawleans "plight" and all that sh!t.

The Jets - They are chippy and have really eeeked out the wins. The Bengals game barely counts since they sucked and were an EASY win. The Chargers are good but also were not a tough out. The problem with the Jets is that they *could* dumb down the Super Bowl just like any other defensive/running team with NO passing attacks might do. They slow down their opponents and they themselves cant move the ball. Not really what the fans probably want. Im not saying a game with Jets will automatically be bad... but the chances are higher that most of America will be sleeping by 7:15pm if the Jets make the Super Bowl. Besides, let them build a little longer. They can make it in a few years.

So, the MOST exciting Super Bowl is clearly the Colts and Vikings. You have of two best QBs ever and whomever wins the game will potentially go down as the best QB EVER. Especially Manning - if he wins another one.... Hes the King. Case closed. If Favre wins it would be an incredible story, love him or hate him.

I'd like to see Vikings/Colts.

The Jets would fully deserve it if they got there, but I don't want to watch them in the SB. I'm sorry, it's boring.

The Vikings because I'm heavily invested in Minny players from my playoff draft and I want to win $$$. Also, if Favre wins, I think he finally quits and the Packers would instantly be the unquestioned class of the NFC North.

Peyton vs. Brees would be fun to watch too though.

I'd like to see the Jets because they get no LOVE or the Vikings so Favre will finally hang it up.

Gimme Colts vs. Saints

I hate Favre with a fiery vengeance, so I don't want him to get there.

As for the Jets, I listen to NY sports talk all the time and their fans are bugging the hell out of me, so I want them to get smoked!

I want Vikings - Colts because it'd be the best storyline and a competitive game. Otherwise, just not the Jets. Mainly because I think either NFC team would roll the Jets and I want a competitive Super Bowl.

Brees deserves a ring.

:pointstosky:

With the Steelers not making the dance, I have no horse in the running. If I'm pressed to pull for one, it's New Orleans. I watched Drew Brees play in high school and got to see the Saints when they made SA their temporary home. I wouldn't mind an Indy vs NO Superbowl.

Gimme Colts vs. Saints

I hate Favre with a fiery vengeance, so I don't want him to get there.

As for the Jets, I listen to NY sports talk all the time and their fans are bugging the hell out of me, so I want them to get smoked!

:music_guitarred:

Colts vs. Saints.

Personally, I think it would be the most entertaining game from an offensive standpoint; and since my team isn't in the playoff picture, that's really all I care about.

I'm not at all interested in the Jets. I can respect that they play good defense and have made some noise with a rookie QB; but they're a scrappy (i.e. boring) team to me that I don't really care to watch again after that dreadful Jets/Chargers game.

As far as the Vikings go, I don't hate Favre -- in fact, I really respect what the guy's accomplished in his career and this year. But I do HATE having to listen to people gush about Favre. If the Vikings are in the Super Bowl, I'll have to watch the game on mute. I won't be able to tolerate an entire game, hearing how every pass is the best pass ever thrown: "Whoa! Did you see that routine 3-yard screen pass that Favre just threw?! Amazing! Classic Favre!" or "You can't really blame that INT on Favre. Sure, it was a bad decision, but he's just got that gunslinger mentality, you know..." Etc. Etc.

As far as the Vikings go, I don't hate Favre -- in fact, I really respect what the guy's accomplished in his career and this year. But I do HATE having to listen to people gush about Favre. If the Vikings are in the Super Bowl, I'll have to watch the game on mute. I won't be able to tolerate an entire game, hearing how every pass is the best pass ever thrown: "Whoa! Did you see that routine 3-yard screen pass that Favre just threw?! Amazing! Classic Favre!" or "You can't really blame that INT on Favre. Sure, it was a bad decision, but he's just got that gunslinger mentality, you know..." Etc. Etc.

Well said. :shocking:

Even though i do not like the Colts one bit id rather watch a good super bowl than watch the Jets play in it. So Colts vs either Vikings or Saints. Wouldnt mind seeing Favre in Super Bowl but that would be all the press talks about. So im gonna route for Saints and Colts :banana:

Its less than a month from start of College Baseball and like 66 days to opening day so im turning to baseball mode :shocking:

If it can't be the Jets I will probably be hoping for Colts/Saints.

Favre can fock himself. I can't even listen to his post game interviews without wanting to punch him in the face. And I used to be a fan.

Jets.

Rex Ryan + media leading up to Superbowl = potential for a lot of interesting stuff.

Brees deserves a ring.

:shocking:

NOT until he wins it.

I hope the Jets go all the way on a miracle.

That or Favre. My hatred for Manning wants to see him unstrap his helmet in defeat, this week.

Saints - I'm indifferent on.

I have to root for the Saints

Jets - can't stand Rex Ryan or NY fans

Colts - Polian is an ass and they deserve to lose miserably after not even attempting a perfect season

Vikings - I don't think that I can stand another Favre-crying-his-eyes-out-retirement-comeback-again drama

Anybody but the Vikings. The sappy Favre crap will drive me away.

Like thats any Sappier than the Saints and their "this city deserves it" crap. Both induce vomiting, but the Saints deal is much more whiny and girlish. :thumbsup:

Colts vs. Saints means that I'll be happy no matter who wins. I wouldn't have a problem with the Jets, but if the Colts make it, I'll be there!

Anybody but the Viqueens is fine with me!

Jets - Vikings for weird reasons.

I hate Favre with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. I'm afraid that anything less than winning the Super Bowl will result in his return for another season, while winning the big one leads to permanent retirement.

I have to hand it to the Jets for what they've accomplished and, if they can beat Indy, the storyline will be off the charts. At least it will be something to fill the two weeks of near death leading up to the game. Plus, I figure Ryan is good for way more entertainment than all the other coaches combined.

I don't weant the Saints to win. As an Eagles fan, it shortens the list of franchises to not win a Super Bowl.

Manning is the best QB all time. Don't care what anyone says about championships, Brady, or any of the other really short straws they reach for to malign the guy. He is who he is whether they win this year or not. I think they'll have more chances.

Who do I think will win? Colts & Saints. No winner predicted until I see how healthy they come out of this weekend. Not that my pick matters much, given that I watch dozens of games each year and have seemingly no idea who is going to win.