Sign in to follow this  
FeelingMN

Julius Peppers & Chester Taylor

the bears sign peppers and taylor....

the vikes peek at kampman and tomlinson....

meanwhile...TT decides to roll over on to his other side..gets sore when you sleep on 1 side too long....

Taylor does what for Chicago to make them better?

Kampman wants out of GB anyway.

Tomlinson? Who gives a care?

Minnesota's window of opportunity lasts as long as Wrangler Brett says so.

Who do you want to see TT going hog wild for today? Tomlinson? :ninja:

Some really clueless and/or bitter posters in this thread.

Peppers was the best FA this season (on a tier of his own)... that alone is worth something. Not to mention a position of need for the Bears, and was signed on a front-loaded contract during uncapped years.

Taylor is a great RB, looks to be headed into an RBBC. Also signed to a heavily front-loaded contract.

Manumaleuna is one of the best blocking TE's in the league, needed for Martz's scheme and, oh yeah, helping out the "abysmal" O-line.

The Bears LT position is FINE, who in this thread was stating otherwise? Bears need more help in the GUARD positions, which can be addressed in the draft - as 3rd/4th/5th round is where these types of players go.

C'mon guys... I see a lot of sour grapes here. To deny such is just absolutely ridiculous. This is a great offseason for the Bears so far and if they can sign a FS - which I think they will - we are talking about a dangerous team next season. Atogwe from St Louis would be the best option probably, but there are a lot of FS out there that would serve as an upgrade.

All fail? No, not that strong.

Im saying fans get all excited about big name day one signings...but for the most part, they do not have the huge impact that people think they will when the season actually plays out.

Best you can come up with recently as a high impact FA is Drew Brees...and it was 11 days after FA started and he was courted with caution because of the shoulder.

Some of the best signings in recent years came later in FA (Woodson as a great example).

So the talk from Bmoney of Thompson napping is funny...he is blinded by his dislike as usual there.

what about reggie white? or were you not a packer fan yet?

1st day.....7th day...who cares?....if TT can snatch up a charles woodson at the end...thats as good as a day 1 guy...its taking a gamble on a guy with baggage being that late...but why insist on passing up the best FAs every year?

what about deion sanders? sean jones?

yeah, i hate TT...i make no apologies for it...getting fat off a cushy schedule isnt going to blind me.....

you wouldnt want peppers? why not?

Im glad seattle is finally doing something and ridding themselves of garbage..bye, burleson...

All fail? No, not that strong.

Im saying fans get all excited about big name day one signings...

That's because those fans have nothing else to get excited about. It's pretty simple. FA to Bears fans = the draft to Lions fans.

Peppers was the best FA this season (on a tier of his own)... that alone is worth something. Not to mention a position of need for the Bears, and was signed on a front-loaded contract during uncapped years.

Taylor is a great RB, looks to be headed into an RBBC. Also signed to a heavily front-loaded contract.

Manumaleuna is one of the best blocking TE's in the league, needed for Martz's scheme and, oh yeah, helping out the "abysmal" O-line.

The Bears LT position is FINE, who in this thread was stating otherwise? Bears need more help in the GUARD positions, which can be addressed in the draft - as 3rd/4th/5th round is where these types of players go.

C'mon guys... I see a lot of sour grapes here. To deny such is just absolutely ridiculous. This is a great offseason for the Bears so far and if they can sign a FS - which I think they will - we are talking about a dangerous team next season. Atogwe from St Louis would be the best option probably, but there are a lot of FS out there that would serve as an upgrade.

:shocking:

Check yourself. Look at the Bears fans in this thread talking about Packer fans are crapping themselves based on these FA moves. Please.

That's because those fans have nothing else to get excited about. It's pretty simple. FA to Bears fans = the draft to Lions fans.

:shocking:

Ridiculous is claiming Taylor is a great RB.

He is good...but not great.

Wow...a blocking TE...something we all should fear. How about a blocking Left Tackle? Fine? what is fine about their LT or RT or anyone on that Oline?

This team is not all that dangerous with that Oline in a Martz offense...the age of many of the key defensive players...and an INT prone QB

Not beyond reason they will improve...but I don't think it will be enough.

what about reggie white? or were you not a packer fan yet?

1st day.....7th day...who cares?....if TT can snatch up a charles woodson at the end...thats as good as a day 1 guy...its taking a gamble on a guy with baggage being that late...but why insist on passing up the best FAs every year?

what about deion sanders? sean jones?

yeah, i hate TT...i make no apologies for it...getting fat off a cushy schedule isnt going to blind me.....

you wouldnt want peppers? why not?

Im glad seattle is finally doing something and ridding themselves of garbage..bye, burleson...

You prove my point when you have to go all the way back to Reggie White and a totally different era in the league really. Thanks.

As for your attempted barb about me not being a Packer fan yet...pretty sad really given you are an on again off again "fan" who really likes the Seahawks but sometimes acts like a Packer fan. Which is it today?

1st day...7th day...who cares? Apparently you do given you claim of TT sleeping.

So again...what about these best FAs every year have made huge impact any time recent. You can come up with nothing even in the last 10 years...that might tell you something about the current era of FA.

Would I want Peppers...not to play OLB for that much money I wouldn't.

And this was not to say it was a bad signing for Chicago...never claimed as such. Just not some end all be all by signing a big name guy on day 1.

Even if both Taylor and Peppers sign in Chicago they still wont catch up with GB or Vikes(assuming favre is back). These are desperate moves by a coach and GM on the hot seat.

BING 'focking" O

Much like the Redskins they'll be one of the flashiest, highets-paid 3rd place teams in the division. These moves probably held off Detroit for another year or two though.

Here is my take.

Taylor signiing I don't get. Bears need depth at RB no doubt. How ever Taylor is what 31? Brings nothing different to the table then Forte. Decent hard nosed runner who can catch out of the back field. Way to much money for a potential part time back. Not a bad signing but not worth the $$ IMO.

Peppers was a GREAT move. DE a huge hold on this team and they went and got the best FA out there to fill that hole. Peppers has the potential to completly turn around that D Line. Does this make them a a top flight Super Bowl contender? Not even close. Then again who thought the Bears were going to the Super bowl a few years ago? Or the Cards in 08?

Every team in the NFL has holes. No one is a lock for anything. If I was betting $ I would say the Favre Vikes are the favs int he division followed by GB abd Chi. How ever I wouldn't be shocked in anyway if it was GB winning the divison or the Bears winning the division.

Who would have bet the Steelers wouldn't even make the Play Offs this year?

In the NFL anything is possible. The Bears have done every thing they could to but them selves in position to compete next year and that's all the can ask. There O line is still garabage as is the secondary but again anything can happen. Couple of guys play a little better on the Oline and Secondary. Get some real play out of the worst WR core in football and this team with out a doubt can be a serious contender. As is the case for about 75% of the league.

Lemme guess....yer a Bears fan?

So folks are clueless/bitter because they don't see these moves as really helping Chicago out that much? Maybe that's because a year ago we had to endure the ridiculous hyperbole of Chicago being the team to beat in the NFC North because of the Cutler deal. How'd that turn out?

Like I said before, these were moves the Bears had to make. With no picks in the first two rounds of the draft, they had to do something to improve from a team that regressed last year. That still doesn't change the fact that you spent loads of cash on a DE that has a tendency to disappear for a few weeks during the season....and a good committee back.....committee backs are good by nature....not great.

So yeah, the Bears improved from last year.....on paper....just like they improved on paper in 2009 from 2008.

Oh....and Chris Williams as a LT :shocking: Dude couldn't even displace a washed up Orlando Pace last year...but yeah, he'll be fine.

Ridiculous is claiming Taylor is a great RB.

He is good...but not great.

Wow...a blocking TE...something we all should fear. How about a blocking Left Tackle? Fine? what is fine about their LT or RT or anyone on that Oline?

This team is not all that dangerous with that Oline in a Martz offense...the age of many of the key defensive players...and an INT prone QB

Not beyond reason they will improve...but I don't think it will be enough.

Exactly my point you don't know what you are talking about...

Harping on a subjective term like "great" instead of saying "good?" His is a valuable running back, that is what matters. The best, or 2nd best depending on what you think of Thomas Jones, on the FA market.

Who is afraid of a blocking TE? For someone who is harping on the Bears having a terrible O-Line, which I think you are under-estimating by the way, that is exactly what that is... an upgrade to the O-line. The defense is aging... not yet aged. The jury is still out on the QB, hard to judge behind the O-line of last season - which wasn't the same at the end of the season as it was at the start.

In any case, I don't see anyone claiming the Bears are suddenly world beaters. But to say that there FA signings are mediocre or even poor is ridiculous. They have the best FA so far of any NFL team this year, in a year where impact players aren't particularly abundant.

They have the best FA so far of any NFL team this year, in a year where impact players aren't particularly abundant.

It's the first day of FA. Settle down.

Peppers was a great signing.

Taylor was a wasted signing imo.

Manmalamoomee is a sign that tells us Greg Olsen is leaving soon.

As a Packer fan my favorite signing so far for the Bears is Mike Martz :shocking:

Exactly my point you don't know what you are talking about...

Harping on a subjective term like "great" instead of saying "good?" His is a valuable running back, that is what matters. The best, or 2nd best depending on what you think of Thomas Jones, on the FA market.

Who is afraid of a blocking TE? For someone who is harping on the Bears having a terrible O-Line, which I think you are under-estimating by the way, that is exactly what that is... an upgrade to the O-line. The defense is aging... not yet aged. The jury is still out on the QB, hard to judge behind the O-line of last season - which wasn't the same at the end of the season as it was at the start.

In any case, I don't see anyone claiming the Bears are suddenly world beaters. But to say that there FA signings are mediocre or even poor is ridiculous. They have the best FA so far of any NFL team this year, in a year where impact players aren't particularly abundant.

Harping on a term? I think there is a big difference in calling someone "great". Sorry you don't like it.

They do have a terrible Oline...they showed it on the field. A blocking TE is nice...a quality LT is better. It helps...but its hardly any upgrade to the Oline because the guy simply won't be on the field as much as the rest of the Oline.

The jury is not quite out on the QB...sure he can improve...but he throws a lot of INTs...always has in the NFL.

Where did I call the signings mediocre or just poor?

Seems like its you showing you don't know what you are talking about.

First of all, stop painting all bear fans with the same brush because of one idiot bear fan.

A player like Peppers will have a very strong impact on the D as a whole. Getting pressure with the front 4 helps a D immeasurably and masks other weaknesses. Its a requirement in Lovie's defence and has been missing since 2006. Ogunleye is gone and gaines is wormfood, so it was the also the biggest hole and need on the team. A player like Peppers was going to cost a ton, but so what? The team finally loosened the purse strings for obvious reasons. Bravo - love the signing and it will have an impact.

As for taylor, the Bears did not have a viable backup to go to last year when Forte was not getting it done. Now they do. They front loaded the deal, so there will be a very small cap figure after next year. Backup RB was a need and it is filled. He is no superstar, but it plugs one of the needs. Cool.

Maul is a good blocker - fine. Nothing wrong with those.

Overall a great day

Next steps:

- A likely trade of Olsen for hopefully a 2nd rounder

Needs to fill:

- safety, several options out there

- guard or two and a right tackle - the line still needs a couple or three upgrades.

* Chris Williams came on as the year progressed for those that are poopooing him. he shut down jared Allen late in the year and looks like he will be solid on the left side. Beyond him, there isnt much there however, so that needs to be the focus of picks or other signings.

- wr - not the biggest need, but it would be a nice addition. Bryant from TB sounds like a good choice. Boldin would give me a woody

Add to the above the return of Urlacher and you have a competitive team next year. How that translates into wins of the division race, time will tell. However, the dreamers in Detroit can sit back down in that 4th place easy chair and get comfortable again.

Most Bear fans have been calling for Lovie's and Angelo's heads for some time and were disappointed when they were retained. If they fail to make the playoffs this year, they will be gone. That said, I like the desperate and gambling moves more than the hands in your pockets do nothing approach they have had for most of the past many years.

Trying to find negatives in these moves is just being silly.

BING 'focking" O

Much like the Redskins they'll be one of the flashiest, highets-paid 3rd place teams in the division. These moves probably held off Detroit for another year or two though.

Hmmmmm. If the Seahawks made these same deals, you would be jumping for joy.............

This reaction seems more like a response to negative feelings about the Bears than from your real football viewpoint. You normally have pretty good insight...........

Hmmmmm. If the Seahawks made these same deals, you would be jumping for joy.............

This reaction seems more like a response to negative feelings about the Bears than from your real football viewpoint. You normally have pretty good insight...........

Actually no. No I wouldn't. They just dropped a big wad of cash for 2 players in their 30's. They won a whopping 2 more games then Seattle did last season, so it's not like they are trying to push themselves over the top.

It's obvious the current regime in Chicago is throwing money around in a last ditch effort to keep their jobs. Maybe it will work (and a lot of that depends on guys like Tommy Harris staying healthy and Cutler maturing) but more often then not building through FA doesn't work. Ask Danny Boy Snyder

Actually no. No I wouldn't. They just dropped a big wad of cash for 2 players in their 30's. They won a whopping 2 more games then Seattle did last season, so it's not like they are trying to push themselves over the top.

It's obvious the current regime in Chicago is throwing money around in a last ditch effort to keep their jobs. Maybe it will work (and a lot of that depends on guys like Tommy Harris staying healthy and Cutler maturing) but more often then not building through FA doesn't work. Ask Danny Boy Snyder

Well, both players are 30, so not exactly over the hill. Taylor isn't your typical 30 year old back with a lot of physical damage. Peppers is one of the premier players in the league and should have another 3-5 good seasons in him. Plus, they only cost money and in an uncapped year, that apparently isn't a factor for them.

While I still think they finish 3rd in their division, it will still make them better and that's what's it's about. Plus, if Farve doesn't come back (fat chance) or if Rodgers gets hurt (god forbid), the division would be wide open. There's always a surprise team. Why wouldn't management want to prepare for the best? Sounds like they still have moves to make as well.

I know if SF had signed Peppers, I would be in Nirvana..........

YOu keep believing that.....like SNyder will let him go when the SKins desperately need OL after cutting their starting OG and Samuels retiring.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source...llion-deal.html

You keep believing that about Snyder too.

Seems Clifton never wanted out...he used the skins to get a bit more money out of GB.

Im betting now the claim will be he is old and sucks and so on.

Manmalamoomee is a sign that tells us Greg Olsen is leaving soon.

why would it tell us that?

why would it tell us that?

The Bears now have 4 TEs on the roster - Olsen, Clark, Kellen davis and Brandon M. At least one will move. Olsen will likely get a decent pick back in return and "they say" that martz does not employ pass catching TEs in his offence.

Olsen to the Pats for a 2nd is a rumour.

The Bears now have 4 TEs on the roster - Olsen, Clark, Kellen davis and Brandon M. At least one will move. Olsen will likely get a decent pick back in return and "they say" that martz does not employ pass catching TEs in his offence.

And didn't Clark just get a roster bonus today?

Let me introduce you to the seahooker fans (flahooker; glad-got-no-stone; filthy bear; etc) and fudgepacker fans (biggest homer evah = shonuff)

Yup; agree 100%. They would jump off cliffs if their team had a clue on how to get a HOF DE still in his prime to a front loaded contract that does not hurt the team's salary cap in the future and makes them better at a position of need where everyone else available was a distant 2nd.

:overhead: :doh:

yup

How Signing Chicago Bears' Brandon Manumaleuna Affects Olsen, Clark by Bob Warja Bob Warja

Featured Columnist

The Bears have signed former San Diego Chargers tight end Brandon Manumaleuna to a five-year contract.

So, does this signal the end of Desmond Clark's time with the team? Does it indicate a trade of Greg Olsen is in the works?

Probably not.

Manumaleuna was acquired to be the blocking tight end that new offensive coordinator Mike Martz covets in his five and seven step drop packages.

Instead of Greg Olsen allowing Jay Cutler to get killed, Manumaleuna will do what a tight end is actually supposed to do—protect in passing downs.

We all know that Olsen is not a blocking tight end. But, he has value in this offense. In fact, this signing frees Olsen up to go out as a fourth receiver in passing situations.

When Martz first came on board, there was rampant speculation that Olsen didn't fit the teams plans because Martz prefers to line up three true wide receivers.

But, this signing may not mean the end of Olsen as an offensive weapon. Freed of blocking assignments, and with him no longer serving as Cutler's primary option, he should be open more than he was last season.

But what about Dez Clark? Well, apparently he's going to stay too.

Clark picked up a $475,000 bonus for being on the 80-man roster Friday, so if the Bears were going to release him, you figure that would have happened before today.

In fact, Clark's deal was structured to avoid a hefty payout this season, thus avoiding the temptation to cut him.

So, the Bears really will have Manumaleuna and Olsen and Clark. At least that's the way it appears right now.

Meanwhile, this free agency period should be exciting. The Bears have Julius Peppers coming to Chicago, so talks to sign the monster defensive end appear to be very serious.

Stay tuned, Bears fans...

Let me introduce you to the seahooker fans (flahooker; glad-got-no-stone; filthy bear; etc) and fudgepacker fans (biggest homer evah = shonuff)

Yup; agree 100%. They would jump off cliffs if their team had a clue on how to get a HOF DE still in his prime to a front loaded contract that does not hurt the team's salary cap in the future and makes them better at a position of need where everyone else available was a distant 2nd.

You calling me the biggest homer is hilarious.

Thanks for being predictable on FBG bashing them for signing Clifton though.

BTW...you have no damn clue about football.

Peppers is not yet a HOF DE...you called him and Allen the two best in the league...Peppers is not in the top 2.

In short...you are a focking moron.

Oh....and Chris Williams as a LT :overhead: Dude couldn't even displace a washed up Orlando Pace last year...but yeah, he'll be fine.

Let me try and educate you. Williams did displace Pace later in the year at LT. The Bears intentionally started Williams at RT since he was injured a year before and Pace was signed in the off season. Once it became clear Pace was done, Williams got his job and did really well there. YOu should know, the Bears beat your over-rated team in the 16th week when Cutler threw for 4 TDs with WIlliams as the LT; Allen got zero sacks that day. And this was when home field thoroughout the playofs was on the line; in fact that game probably cost you guys the SB win since if youhad played the Saints at home, I think Minny wins easily given how they did outplay the Saints in NO.

Your team losing to the Panthers and Bears late in the year was the reason Minny did not get homefield, and one can argue, it cost them the SB. Oh, and the reason you could not win either of those games is all staring at you in the form of the Bears. JUlius Peppers singlehandedly destroyed your OL and now he gets to play with a better supporting cast on the DL and with better LBs in CHicago.

Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjK3nq4NCnE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FkiH2nWXGc...feature=related

:doh:

possibly based on the fact that Martz doesn't utilize the TE in the passing game but simply signing Manumaleuna doesn't tell me a whole lot. The guy will fill his intended role, as he did in San Diego behind Gates.

Unless they feel they can get some good value for Olsen I don't see why they wouldn't want to keep him around.

:lol:

You are too much. Trying to discuss football with you intelligently or with any logic is a total waste of time, so let me respond to you in the only manner that you can comprehend.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! LOSERS

You calling me the biggest homer is hilarious.

Thanks for being predictable on FBG bashing them for signing Clifton though.

BTW...you have no damn clue about football.

Peppers is not yet a HOF DE...you called him and Allen the two best in the league...Peppers is not in the top 2.

In short...you are a focking moron.

Just because you are clueless does not make everyone the same. And yes, you are easily the biggest homer I have ever seen. FBG guys constantly call you out for it. Peppers will be in the HOF. You can argue who are the best 2 in the league, but I will take Allen and Peppers. Of course Freeney is partof that discussion. Ware is more of an OLB in the 3 4 that can play DE too.

Heaven knows the fudgepackers have no pass rush and wish they could do something without blitzing their LBs. 51 pts in the playoffs.....zero off season improvement yet :doh: .... keep accepting getting your brains beaten in to the tuen of 51 points :overhead:

Just because you are clueless does not make everyone the same. And yes, you are easily the biggest homer I have ever seen. FBG guys constantly call you out for it. Peppers will be in the HOF. You can argue who are the best 2 in the league, but I will take Allen and Peppers. Of course Freeney is partof that discussion. Ware is more of an OLB in the 3 4 that can play DE too.

Heaven knows the fudgepackers have no pass rush and wish they could do something without blitzing their LBs. 51 pts in the playoffs.....zero off season improvement yet :doh: .... keep accepting getting your brains beaten in to the tuen of 51 points :overhead:

BWAAAAAAAH!

BING-FOCKING-O

He is obsessed with the Bears because I destroyed their "Exciting thread" where they expected the seahookers to actually win the division last year. The bitterness is very entertaining though....especially since the Bears owned the seahookers last year; owned them in the only playoff game they have played and basically will own them again this coming year. WHen you keep getting beat by the same team, and when your own team is a pathetic franchise that no one cares about, I guess jealousy is bound to creep in

BING-FOCKING-O

He is obsessed with the Bears because I destroyed their "Exciting thread" where they expected the seahookers to actually win the division last year. The bitterness is very entertaining though....especially since the Bears owned the seahookers last year; owned them in the only playoff game they have played and basically will own them again this coming year. WHen you keep getting beat by the same team, and when your own team is a pathetic franchise that no one cares about, I guess jealousy is bound to creep in

Bwaaaaaaah!!! :overhead:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source...llion-deal.html

You keep believing that about Snyder too.

Seems Clifton never wanted out...he used the skins to get a bit more money out of GB.

Im betting now the claim will be he is old and sucks and so on.

He is old and with lots of injuries recently (just see last year) and clearly the fudgepackers overpaid for him, but he is better than anyone else the fudgepackers could have gotten in FA this year IMO. But they were desperate to do this..... they do not want to see their fragile QB get his head beaten in to the tune of another David Carr like season thanks to Jared ALlen, Julius Peppers and Vandensbosch.

He is old and with lots of injuries recently (just see last year) and clearly the fudgepackers overpaid for him, but he is better than anyone else the fudgepackers could have gotten in FA this year IMO. But they were desperate to do this..... they do not want to see their fragile QB get his head beaten in to the tune of another David Carr like season thanks to Jared ALlen, Julius Peppers and Vandensbosch.

He's also better then anybody the Bears are paying. BWAAAAAAH!

Chester Taylor has averaged 3.8 ypc over the last 2 seasons. He has managed to do this behind a top 10 run blocking offensive line, while playing in the 3rd down role. Typically the 3rd down role inflates a RB's ypc.

I am expecting a dismal 3.5 ypc playing behind the bears putrid offensive line.

You prove my point when you have to go all the way back to Reggie White and a totally different era in the league really. Thanks.

As for your attempted barb about me not being a Packer fan yet...pretty sad really given you are an on again off again "fan" who really likes the Seahawks but sometimes acts like a Packer fan. Which is it today?

1st day...7th day...who cares? Apparently you do given you claim of TT sleeping.

So again...what about these best FAs every year have made huge impact any time recent. You can come up with nothing even in the last 10 years...that might tell you something about the current era of FA.

Would I want Peppers...not to play OLB for that much money I wouldn't.

And this was not to say it was a bad signing for Chicago...never claimed as such. Just not some end all be all by signing a big name guy on day 1.

I didnt name any recent guys because I figured you were paying aatn to football by then...

drew brees ok?

juts because you rehash everything you read in the milwaukee journal doesnt make you the biggest packers fan...quit lecturing..i get the JS also..big deal..

chester going to chic simply opens the door to tomlinson going to minny...yikes...

You'll never be taken seriously until you abandon that funky spelling of offense and defense

Dude...you are the most clueless poster on this board and you prove it over and over.

Wow...a few guys on FBG call me a homer...all because I did not bow down to Favre.

The point is...you are by far the biggest moron homer I have ever seen in my life. Its not even close.

Peppers may be in the HOF...may not.

I can argue that Peppers is not in the top 2. I can do so because in the last 5 years I don't think he has even been in the top 3 in the league in sacks...and he is not great against the run.

Again, you claim the Packers have no pass rush...yet they ranked 11th in the league last year.

All of 2 sacks from the top 10 in the league.

BTW...you keep bringing up the 51 points to the Cards as if the Bears had anything to do with that.

Offseason improvement? The offseason is basically less than a day old. You are a funny one.

Those same Cards put up 41 against your Bears...the Bengals put up 45.

And your Bears could not come close to 51 against the Packers and they had 2 games to try...in total they couldn't do it.

So quit talking trash about 51 points in the postseason...how did the Bears do in the playoffs.

BTW...pimp up Alex Brown and Harrison some more...just makes everyone laugh at your idiocy. Talk about Homer.

So when you thought he would sign with the Redskins...it sucked for GB.

When GB signs him...it sucks for GB.

And you have the nerve to ever call someone else the biggest homer.

They basically are paying him 7.5 mil...he made 8 mil this past year I think.

For a solid LT.

Sure they were a bit desperate given who else was out there in FA.

Just as the Bears were desperate as they have no picks because they wasted them on an INT throwing QB and a DE who died.

Vandenbosch scares nobody right now...you want to talk about overpaid...see him and Burleson in Detroit.