Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Four Commentary**

Round four, wishful thinking... :(

I'll be in a world of hurt tomarrow from about 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.. Meetings I can step out and answer the phone, I just won't be able to follow along. Hopefully JScott can call me when needed. The proble lies in the fact that there is about an hour going to Amarillo and an hour coming back that service will be sketchy if not non-existent. Texas is SOOOOO BIG that we don't have enough towers yet! :doublethumbsup:

My, what a year can do. Matt Forte, ADP of 1.6 last year, finally taken at 4.1, and that's pretty solid value. I'm not a big fan, but if that offense turns the corner some, Forte is a steal.

I'll be in a world of hurt tomarrow from about 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.. Meetings I can step out and answer the phone, I just won't be able to follow along. Hopefully JScott can call me when needed. The proble lies in the fact that there is about an hour going to Amarillo and an hour coming back that service will be sketchy if not non-existent. Texas is SOOOOO BIG that we don't have enough towers yet! :cheers:

You sound really stopped up, and you look rather pale. I think you may be coming down with a 24 hour bug or something. Might wanna go ahead and call in sick to those meeting tommorow. :doublethumbsup:

So expecting some ripping for Forte here, but it can't be as bad as last year can it?

And is ypc is a definite concern, but should get the touches if he goes somewhere in middle of 08-09...to tune of say 1500totyds/8-10tds be solid value here.

So expecting some ripping for Forte here, but it can't be as bad as last year can it?

And is ypc is a definite concern, but should get the touches if he goes somewhere in middle of 08-09...to tune of say 1500totyds/8-10tds be solid value here.

Forte is currently ADP 4.11, so in that aspect you may have grabbed him a bit early. I am not sure we can know exactly what he will do this year.....I am so unsure that I have him as an avoid....

Depends on if the player they brought in will turn the Chicago backfield into a full blown RBBC or not? He's gotta shot be really good (and a steal for you) if he wins the job outright. Or he could get 10 carries a game. :doublethumbsup:

I think that yardage number is a too high, especially with the new RB acquisition stealing 3rd downs and some 1st/2nd down carries as well. I honestly think he'll be closer to 1150 (950ru+200re) with 7-8TDs.

I had Michael Crabtree circled and highlighted on my cheatsheet as a must get. I did not think he would go this early in the 4th round and I am super pissed. I was a skeptic going into last season, but it took me watching about two Niner games to come to the realiztion that he is going to be not only a star but a superstar WR in this league. I was hoping for him at 4.08, and I was sure he would last that long.

Fumbleweed, I loathe you. :banana:

I had Michael Crabtree circled and highlighted on my cheatsheet as a must get. I did not think he would go this early in the 4th round and I am super pissed. I was a skeptic going into last season, but it took me watching about two Niner games to come to the realiztion that he is going to be not only a star but a superstar WR in this league. I was hoping for him at 4.08, and I was sure he would last that long.

Fumbleweed, I loathe you. :banana:

He probably wouldn't have made it past me anyways, but glad you loathe Fumble now instead of me

This is where it gets really interesting and fun, I actually had to go to the next page on my spreadsheet to even find Crabtree.....who's typicaly ADP thus far is 4.09.....

Elaborate on your thought process about him, and include alot about how the QB situation is going to help him.... :banana:

Aaaaaannnnd there goes J-Stew. I really want to say awful things to all of right now. :banana:

I would have taken Forte at 4.03 if he was available, so I think he is a GREAT pick here!

I wanted Thomas too, but he was snatched earlier.

I took Stewart....not surw what will happen to DWill, but Stewart plays a lot anyway. I had thoughts of one other RB, so I flipped a coin!

Boldin was my third choice, behind Brady and Thomas, I am tepid on him, but I am sticking to my list, and with an ADP of 3.07, its hard to not go with the guy.

He will need Mason to keep playing well, and Stallworth to stretch the field, along with the TE situation to help him, but I suspect he will have a 10TD, 1000yd season ahead of him if he can click with Flacco....maybe his last one..... :banana:

I feel Boldin is an absolute beast and a steal in the 4th, but I also feel the Ravens might be one of 2 teams to beat in the AFC this year. He proved he could adjust to a new system as a rookie, so this will be peanuts. he has the running game and the Qb to aid his cause a few old stand bys to take the pressure off of him catching the ball. I almost grabbed him at 3.03 instead of DeSean, but pulled back since i had Ray Rice. Great pick!!

Okay Okay, whats up here? I literally had Crabtree, J-Stew, Bouldin one two and three best available on MY cheatsheet. This cannot continue or I'm going Phillybear on somebody. I'm serious.

Okay Okay, whats up here? I literally had Crabtree, J-Stew, Bouldin one two and three best available on MY cheatsheet. This cannot continue or I'm going Phillybear on somebody. I'm serious.

It's not personal, we just hate your guts and won't let you have anything you want, think of us as your eleven wives..... :banana:

Boldin was my third choice, behind Brady and Thomas, I am tepid on him, but I am sticking to my list, and with an ADP of 3.07, its hard to not go with the guy.

He will need Mason to keep playing well, and Stallworth to stretch the field, along with the TE situation to help him, but I suspect he will have a 10TD, 1000yd season ahead of him if he can click with Flacco....maybe his last one..... :D

Great pick. I almost took Boldin over VJax back in the 3rd but despite the ? around VJax, Flacco isn't in Rivers category (yet) and Rice is still a big part of their offense. Not sure Matthews will be as involved (again, yet). Also, I always drop players a little after they go to a new team. They always seem to need a year to get back to form.

Given that, I was starting to dream about Boldin in the 4th as he kept slipping, but then realized Mr Raven was a few picks ahead of me :banana:

Fumble, you gonna be around in the next hour and a half? If so I will send you a list. I gotta bounce in about 10 minutes.

He will need Mason to keep playing well, and Stallworth to stretch the field, along with the TE situation to help him, but I suspect he will have a 10TD, 1000yd season ahead of him if he can click with Flacco....maybe his last one..... :banana:

CITIZENS ARREST>>>>>CITIZENS ARREST!!! NAME DROPPER!

From 6 to 8 tonight I will be in budget meetings. If we get close to my pick i can leave a list, otherwise I'll have to catch up and pick after I get home and have a Whiskey.

Fumbleweed, I loathe you. :rolleyes:

The Crabtree pick deserves a little heat. There were proven veteran WRs to be had here...all available to me...all safer choices as my #1 WR....and yet, I couldn't pull the trigger on any of them. Could this later be a regret? You bet.

Bottom line: If you pick towards the end of a draft, you better be willing to roll the dice some or you're gonna get beat. Last year, I lucked out, if you will, with the late selections of Miles Austin and a player as of yet undrafted...and I rolled the dice some from the #11 spot and that panned out, too.

If you draft conservatively at the #9-11 spot, you will lose every time. Crabtree has tons of upside, but plenty of downside as well. It's a gamble I guess I was willing to take.

scratched off a bunch of names from my list

Boldin, Stewart and Crabs were all on my short list for round 4. nice selections. J-Stew has been going way late in mocks, early 5th even, thought i could steal him for a nice 3 headed monster at RB.

this mock is hereby suspended for game 6 of the NBA playoffs................it's the city of angels vs. the armpit of america..............

Kobe!!

:unsure:

:headbanger:

this mock is hereby suspended for game 6 of the NBA playoffs................it's the city of angels vs. the armpit of america..............

Kobe!!

:unsure:

:headbanger:

Kobe and the rest of those degenerates are going down tonight. Write it down. Celts in 6, baby!!!

ICEMAN

nice pick iceman, doubted he would make it back to me (also probably makes my life easier) but i think Smurf is primed for a big bounceback year.

nice pick iceman, doubted he would make it back to me (also probably makes my life easier) but i think Smurf is primed for a big bounceback year.

I had been targeting him from before the draft. I just see a lot of value in him this year. He won't be getting me 15 TD's, but he should be good for 1,100 yards and 8-12 TD's.

ICEMAN

Fumble, you gonna be around in the next hour and a half? If so I will send you a list. I gotta bounce in about 10 minutes.

Just so there is no confusion, please disregard that list I sent. TIA :music_guitarred:

Just so there is no confusion, please disregard that list I sent. TIA :music_guitarred:

No problem. :rolleyes:

JScott was called away, but shot out an e-mail before he "went away." He is well, and I just got off the phone with him, but he wanted to make sure that his pick got in without holding us up.

JScott was called away, but shot out an e-mail before he "went away." He is well, and I just got off the phone with him, but he wanted to make sure that his pick got in without holding us up.

Sorry Dan , and Jeff. He tried me but I was in budget meetings.

I don't know how far this thing is gonna go tonight with the playoff game on but I will do my best to keep up and pick tomorrow when called. Just remember there will be a stretch between 7 to 8 a.m., and a stretch around 4 to 5 p.m. where I will have no signal.

No problem. :cry:

Hey Fumble, I hope I'm not bothering you but in the rare case that Clash comes around tonight you can pick for me from that two man list I emailed you earlier today. One thing though. I changed my mind on the order. Swap them, the number 2 guy is now first priority. And the number one guy is the alternate.

Does that make sense?

I'm off to bed, they need to start these damn basketball games earlier than 9:00 eastern. Mofo's gotta work and all.

Thanks Dan. And sorry for the holdup guys. Got paged out for a fire.

More on Dallas when I have a minute...

Hey Fumble, I hope I'm not bothering you but in the rare case that Clash comes around tonight you can pick for me from that two man list I emailed you earlier today. One thing though. I changed my mind on the order. Swap them, the number 2 guy is now first priority. And the number one guy is the alternate.

Does that make sense?

I'm off to bed, they need to start these damn basketball games earlier than 9:00 eastern. Mofo's gotta work and all.

We'll do...

Sorry Dan , and Jeff. He tried me but I was in budget meetings.

I don't know how far this thing is gonna go tonight with the playoff game on but I will do my best to keep up and pick tomorrow when called. Just remember there will be a stretch between 7 to 8 a.m., and a stretch around 4 to 5 p.m. where I will have no signal.

Just a heads up! JScott has my number, and I bet Clash still has it too.

Kobe and the rest of those degenerates are going down tonight. Write it down. Celts in 6, baby!!!

ICEMAN

:dunno:

:dunno:

no pick? :pointstosky:

Considered Clark/Boldin/Stewart all at 4.01...solid picks, particularly Boldin as real nice value.

I watched alot of Crabtree out here in Bay Area and agree that he will be a stud (Frickin Raiders draft 2 years ago...passing on Crabtree?! For XXX? Really? %$#@##%...but I digress).

Just not sure if this will be the year considering his qb options. Think just a tad early, but if Fumble wanted him I get it.