Sign in to follow this  
Cstriker

MJD picks himself at 1.1

Probably a 8 team league. But he picks Flacco second after all the QBs dissapeared in the first. Atleast he thinks high of Forte.

"Hey world I now introduce u to the houdini's. 1st MJD, 2nd Joe Flacco, 3rd Calvin johnson, 4th Roddy white, 5th Matt Forte, 6th brent celek, 7th Ben Roethlisberger, 8th Jerome Harrison, 9th trent edwards, 10th green bays defense, 11th neil rackers, 12th julian edleman, 13th dexter McCluster "

This should not be allowed.

I can't imagine Roger Goddell is going to like hearing about this.

NFL players gambling on the NFL and themselves?

Horrible idea and it needs to be stopped

I agree... A conflict of interest...

I've heard him talk about it before, apparently it's a free league with his buddies. So, supposedly there is no money or gambling involved.

I watched a special a year or so ago about Chris Cooley's league on the NFL network. So they know what's going on.

Jesus, lighten the fock up! :thumbsdown:

Jesus, lighten the fock up! :thumbsdown:

Okay Pete Rose

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that there are "questions and doubts around the league" regarding the health of Maurice Jones-Drew's knee.

Schefter confirms that Jones-Drew will start Sunday, but it sounds like there is serious concern about whether he'll be 100 percent. It's never a good sign when a running back has a knee injury, period. We can't imagine sitting MJD in such a favorable matchup (the Broncos' front seven is incredibly weak), but it's a situation to track closely early in the year. Jones-Drew owners must grab Rashad Jennings. Deep leaguers can pick up Deji Karim. Sep. 8 - 2:12 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=181147

Really nothing more than what we already knew. Still, there's alot of smoke here....and it ain't going away.

:unsure:

I'm wondering why we can't seem to get a practice report out of Jags' camp...it's an issue, then it's not.

http://www.jaguars.com/multimedia/?id=3724

MJD says "there is no injury, put that in the paper". There's going to be a lot of people with egg on their face after this episode. I think it will be the folks in the media that ran with this story, but I'm going to roster Jennings just in case. I tend to believe this is the Jags and MJD learning from last year's ankle issue. Hopefully, he'll fall to me at #11 tonight :banana:

Maurice Jones-Drew's name does not appear on the Jaguars' Week 1 injury report.

Those aware of the situation know MJD missed the final two preseason games and numerous late-camp practices with a knee injury. At one point, a report even surfaced that he had knee surgery. The Jags, though, don't appear to be concerned, and Jones-Drew should certainly be in fantasy lineups against the Broncos. Owners would still be wise to hang tightly to Rashad Jennings.

Source: Tania Ganguli on Twitter

who said mjd had a knee injury? where the hell do they come up with this stuff

if mjd asked me to rate his team on the "a little help board" i would ask him this question:

trent edwards? wtf?

seriously why are you carrying 3 qbs? :nono:

and i would also advise him to pick up his own hc especially with all the rumors surrounding his knee.

actually perhaps what this really means is knee-gate=fail! :banana:

I agree... A conflict of interest...

so hes betting on himself to do well?

this does not seem like a Conflict of interest to me.

If he was betting on himself to do badly, that would be another matter.

as an FYI, it is my understanding that vegas will let fighters bet on themselves to win. but they will not let them bet on themselves to lose.

seems logical to me.

This is what Pete Rose did. At least so he says...

MJD should be banned for life...

MJD has been talking ffb for a few years now, and I doubt he's touting a prize league...

MJD @ 1.1?!!! So MJD is not only inconsistent but dumb as well? :dunno:

Uhhh, he was the model of consistency last season. He's also pretty damn smart (compared to other pro jocks).

Actually, if you owned him before last season I can understand the consistency statement.

Okay Pete Rose

pete rose should be in the mother focking hall of fame :mad:

Uhhh, he was the model of consistency last season. He's also pretty damn smart (compared to other pro jocks).

Actually, if you owned him before last season I can understand the consistency statement.

i wouldn't call his 2009 very consistent at all.

two 3TD games along with six 0TD games. 5 times he rushed for over 100 yards inclusing a 177 yard effort against the Titans but 6 times he rushed for less than 70 and twice he rushed for less than 40.

the only thing he consistantly did was catch a few balls each game which helps out in PPR point consistancy at least.

MJD should be banned for life...

MJD has been talking ffb for a few years now, and I doubt he's touting a prize league...

We had a college referee in our league for a year, but he had to leave the league when he moved up a division. Something about gambling on sports etc etc.

Hall of SHAME....for sure....what a dork ! :overhead:

He does have more Hits than anyone in MLB history, right ?

Show a little respect you FF tough guy.

I did for two seasons and it was indeed maddening. 2009 he had 300+ rush attempts so he SHOULD have good numbers but as White Wonder said below, at times he came up short for such a high draft pick.

two 3TD games along with six 0TD games. 5 times he rushed for over 100 yards inclusing a 177 yard effort against the Titans but 6 times he rushed for less than 70 and twice he rushed for less than 40.

the only thing he consistantly did was catch a few balls each game which helps out in PPR point consistancy at least.

Weeks 4 and 5 were the only real dogs. He had at least 80 totals yards in every other game and got in the endzone 10 out of 16 games. He wasn't Chris Johnson but still :dunno:

Weeks 4 and 5 were the only real dogs. He had at least 80 totals yards in every other game and got in the endzone 10 out of 16 games. He wasn't Chris Johnson but still :dunno:

im not saying he wasnt/isnt good... just didn't seem consistant to me.