Sign in to follow this  
giantwarrior

Jamaal Charles Owners?

Going into the 5th week, where is J. Charles?

About the same place T. Jones is right now.

So far I see that people overpaid for J. Charles and got value for their 12th round T. Jones pick.

Everyone right now is probably trippin because Charles only has 1 TD so far.

Negative Ghost Rider, pattern is full.

JC is averaging nearly 13 points a game, good for 13th among RBs in my league. (T. Jones is just a hair over 9 points/game) I took JC as the 16th RB in my league, at #31 overall. How is that overpaying, especially considering the massive upside that is still there? Have you seen the list of RBs averaging more yards per carry than JC? You haven't, because there is no such list. :music_guitarred:

As a side note, I won't argue that TJ has provided nice value for where he was drafted. (I got a real steal on him) But to say that people overpaid for JC in the 27-32 range is just silly.

Negative Ghost Rider, pattern is full.

JC is averaging nearly 13 points a game, good for 13th among RBs in my league. (T. Jones is just a hair over 9 points/game) I took JC as the 16th RB in my league, at #31 overall. How is that overpaying, especially considering the massive upside that is still there? Have you seen the list of RBs averaging more yards per carry than JC? You haven't, because there is no such list. :music_guitarred:

As a side note, I won't argue that TJ has provided nice value for where he was drafted. (I got a real steal on him) But to say that people overpaid for JC in the 27-32 range is just silly.

I took him 24th...he was the 16th RB taken.

I think he is the 21st RB right now in our scoring.

But not far behind others...like Turner, Addai, Benson, S. Jackson who were taken a bit higher.

I took him 24th...he was the 16th RB taken.

I think he is the 21st RB right now in our scoring.

But not far behind others...like Turner, Addai, Benson, S. Jackson who were taken a bit higher.

21st, you might be looking at total points. During the bye weeks it is only fair to look at average points per game, right? Charles has only played 3 games.

Sorry I've been gone from this thread but I've had a lot of personal business to attend to....child support hearings, etc. Looks like Ray Lewis's Limo Driver has done a great job of explaining why TJ is still the shiz in KC.

I think a lot of you have rocks in your skulls. TJ is not washed up, that's a fact. I'd love for you to tell TJ that in person, ha ha. And you're all moronic for saying that the Jets O-line was completely responsible for his success. Those NYJ O-linemen were pretty much in focking awe of TJ. Look it up. TJ lifted with the heaviest lifters on the team and come Sunday nobody had any doubts about him, on any play. Coaches have wet dreams about guys like TJ. Have any of you ever coached? If you have coached then you know how you treat players that you completely trust.

TJ's stats over the past 2 seasons plus the first 3 games in 2010:

3202 total yards

30 TDs

ONLY 1 fumble lost in 721 touches

4.44 yds per touch

Washed up, my focking azz!

JCs stats over the same period:

2376 total yds

10 TDs

FOUR fumbles lost in 363 touches (get the man a Butterfinger)

6.54 yds per touch

You can whine all you want but TJ deserves to be out there more than JC. Haley isn't stupid, he's playing a reliable veteran who can be trusted not to FOCK UP.

If you all want the most electrifying player to get the rock, how about they start splitting JC's carries with McCluster?? Would that make you all happy?

You're all a bunch of pantywaist Sunday morning quarterbacks who only care about your FF teams. It's a real game, not a FOCKING FANTASY. Wake the hell up. If you were smart you would have stayed away from this mess, but no, you had to have JC. Good luck the rest of the season clinging to your hope that TJ will fall apart. I am pretty sure he's cleared higher hurdles:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3671232

We'll see a lot of TJ and Charles as they pound Indy in the run game and it'll be 17 - 16 Indy at halftime (with KC's score coming on special teams).

3202 total yards

30 TDs

4.44 yds per touch

1715 total yds

10 TDs

4.72 yds per touch!!! (a tad higher, big whoop)

Your stats, they are wrong. It looks like you added JC's carries and catches to get total touches, but not his yards.

JC has 291 carries for 1,715 yards, 8 TDS, 5.9 ypc and 72 catches for 661 yards, 9.2 ypc 2 TDs

Total yards per TOUCH for JC = 6.5 ( 363 touches for 2,376 yards )

TJ has 718 carries for 3,048 yards, 29 TDs, 4.25 ypc and 50 catches for 299 yards, 6 ypc, 2 TDs

Total yards per TOUCH for TJ = 4.4 ( 768 touches for 3,347 yards )

So all in all JC has over 70% of the total yards TJ has, with less than 50% the touches. :music_guitarred: No argument about TJ taking care of the rock though.

Your stats, they are wrong. It looks like you added JC's carries and catches to get total touches, but not his yards.

JC has 291 carries for 1,715 yards, 8 TDS, 5.9 ypc and 72 catches for 661 yards, 9.2 ypc 2 TDs

Total yards per TOUCH for JC = 6.5 ( 363 touches for 2,376 yards )

TJ has 718 carries for 3,048 yards, 29 TDs, 4.25 ypc and 50 catches for 299 yards, 6 ypc, 2 TDs

Total yards per TOUCH for TJ = 4.4 ( 768 touches for 3,347 yards )

So all in all JC has over 70% of the total yards TJ has, with less than 50% the touches. :music_guitarred: No argument about TJ taking care of the rock though.

YOU ARE CORRECT....my bad....fixed it.

Sorry I've been gone from this thread but I've had a lot of personal business to attend to....child support hearings, etc. Looks like Ray Lewis's Limo Driver has done a great job of explaining why TJ is still the shiz in KC.

I think a lot of you have rocks in your skulls. TJ is not washed up, that's a fact. I'd love for you to tell TJ that in person, ha ha. And you're all moronic for saying that the Jets O-line was completely responsible for his success. Those NYJ O-linemen were pretty much in focking awe of TJ. Look it up. TJ lifted with the heaviest lifters on the team and come Sunday nobody had any doubts about him, on any play. Coaches have wet dreams about guys like TJ. Have any of you ever coached? If you have coached then you know how you treat players that you completely trust.

3202 total yards

30 TDs

4.44 yds per touch

1715 total yds

10 TDs

4.72 yds per touch!!! (a tad higher, big whoop)

You can whine all you want but TJ deserves to be out there more than JC. Haley isn't stupid, he's playing a reliable veteran who can be trusted not to FOCK UP.

If you all want the most electrifying player to get the rock, how about they start splitting JC's carries with McCluster?? Would that make you all happy?

You're all a bunch of pantywaist Sunday morning quarterbacks who only care about your FF teams. It's a real game, not a FOCKING FANTASY. Wake the hell up. If you were smart you would have stayed away from this mess, but no, you had to have JC. Good luck the rest of the season clinging to your hope that TJ will fall apart. I am pretty sure he's cleared higher hurdles:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3671232

As Puddleglum just explained - you failed Intro to Math 101, junior high-school edition.

But your argument is also hilarious. Because TJ is the ultimate professional and could outlift the OLine, he's a better RB than Jamaal Charles? I'm not saying Thomas Jones is completely washed up, but he was never extremely talented in the first place. He was always a solid, not spectacular runner. He was solid in AZ, solid in TB, solid in Chicago, and had 3 great seasons behind the best OLine in football in New York. I mean, look what that OLine is doing for LT's comeback. He averaged 4.35 ypc his last 2 seasons in New York, while averaging about 3.9 for the rest of his career. His career high in TD's be4 New York was 9, he then tallied 15 and 14 in '08/'09. This season, he's averaging 4.2 ypc and 3 yards per catch, with 1 play over 20+ yards in 54 touches.

Charles, on the other hand, has a 5.9 lifetime ypc. He's averaging 7 ypc, and 14 yards per catch, with 7 plays over 20+ yards in 39 touches.

Saying T. Jones isn't washed up is one thing. It's a valid point - he definitely offers some reliability to the Chiefs offense...he's a leader, a great locker room guy. But to everyone saying he deserves more touches than Charles, or that he's a better RB than J. Charles...is flat out dumb and/or blind.

We're gonna see alot more JC this week, when Indy goes up 14 in the first quarter. :cheers:

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I actually wouldn't be surprised to see KC hold Indy to 23-24 points in this one.

We can agree to disagree.....and just see what unfolds......and I will be right.....once again....because Jones IS the better RB. :)

Jamaal Charles 34 att 238 yrds 1 td 5 rec 92 yrds

Thomas Jones 52 att 217 yrds 1 td 2 rec 5 yrds

As you can see T. Jones is by far the better back. :unsure:

LMAO

As Puddleglum just explained - you failed Intro to Math 101, junior high-school edition.

But your argument is also hilarious. Because TJ is the ultimate professional and could outlift the OLine, he's a better RB than Jamaal Charles? I'm not saying Thomas Jones is completely washed up, but he was never extremely talented in the first place. He was always a solid, not spectacular runner. He was solid in AZ, solid in TB, solid in Chicago, and had 3 great seasons behind the best OLine in football in New York. I mean, look what that OLine is doing for LT's comeback. He averaged 4.35 ypc his last 2 seasons in New York, while averaging about 3.9 for the rest of his career. His career high in TD's be4 New York was 9, he then tallied 15 and 14 in '08/'09. This season, he's averaging 4.2 ypc and 3 yards per catch, with 1 play over 20+ yards in 54 touches.

Charles, on the other hand, has a 5.9 lifetime ypc. He's averaging 7 ypc, and 14 yards per catch, with 7 plays over 20+ yards in 39 touches.

Saying T. Jones isn't washed up is one thing. It's a valid point - he definitely offers some reliability to the Chiefs offense...he's a leader, a great locker room guy. But to everyone saying he deserves more touches than Charles, or that he's a better RB than J. Charles...is flat out dumb and/or blind.

Yeah, I wish the CPA Exam had a section on football stats, instead of all that other "math"...I'd be so much better prepared for posting here.

Obviously I need to spell it out for you again....coaches don't care all that much about yards per carry or touch or whatever.

During his career, TJ has been repeatedly asked to get 1 yd...2 yds...3 yds. Move the chains, or score the TD. The plays that are called for him and his running style are typically up the gut. Yards after contact are important. He is not being asked to hit a home run or average 6 yards per carry.

JC on the other hand, was a sprinter in college. He is ridiculously fast but in the NFL, the chances of breaking a long one are slim. If you try to get outside, you may lose 4 yds. Coaches don't want to see 2nd and long situations. The types of plays that are called for JC are simply different. With JC, yards after contact are not as important as trying to break a long one. (also-- JC appears to avoid contact at all costs and goes down like a crack wh0re once he is touched). If JC were told to run it up the gut repeatedly and break tackles and fight for yards....he would end up hurt and or fumbling.

By the way, LT's skills never went downhill and it's no surprise he is succeeding with the NYJ. When Cam Cameron left San Diego....LT and the running game were abandoned. Norv Turner is an idiot. Look what happened to Ronnie Brown and Ray Rice when Cam Cameron became their coach. Once again, you are simply looking at the boob tube and making up your own conclusions. There are circumstances behind the scenes that dictate what happens on the field. Study up bub.

Yeah, I wish the CPA Exam had a section on football stats, instead of all that other "math"...I'd be so much better prepared for posting here.

Obviously I need to spell it out for you again....coaches don't care all that much about yards per carry or touch or whatever.

During his career, TJ has been repeatedly asked to get 1 yd...2 yds...3 yds. Move the chains, or score the TD. The plays that are called for him and his running style are typically up the gut. Yards after contact are important. He is not being asked to hit a home run or average 6 yards per carry.

JC on the other hand, was a sprinter in college. He is ridiculously fast but in the NFL, the chances of breaking a long one are slim. If you try to get outside, you may lose 4 yds. Coaches don't want to see 2nd and long situations. The types of plays that are called for JC are simply different. With JC, yards after contact are not as important as trying to break a long one. (also-- JC appears to avoid contact at all costs and goes down like a crack wh0re once he is touched). If JC were told to run it up the gut repeatedly and break tackles and fight for yards....he would end up hurt and or fumbling.

By the way, LT's skills never went downhill and it's no surprise he is succeeding with the NYJ. When Cam Cameron left San Diego....LT and the running game were abandoned. Norv Turner is an idiot. Look what happened to Ronnie Brown and Ray Rice when Cam Cameron became their coach. Once again, you are simply looking at the boob tube and making up your own conclusions. There are circumstances behind the scenes that dictate what happens on the field. Study up bub.

I see your point I would much rather have a Rb get me 1 to 2 tough yards, instead of long td run. Keeps my defense rested and off the field. :banana:

Is it crazy that as of now im planning to roll with both guys this week?

Yeah same here. Definitely didn't see it playing out that way heading into the season. :banana:

It's just so hard to argue with someone who really believes that the RB who gets 1-4 yards per carry with no big play capability is better than the RB who gets 5-12 yards per carry with the big play capability with the occasional loss of yards.

By the way, LT's skills never went downhill and it's no surprise he is succeeding with the NYJ.

I ignored everything you wrote once I got here. LT is the first to admit he wasn't the same back. He was dinged up, etc. Even now, he still isn't the same back. If he was behind this line in one of his first 5 seasons, we'd be talking about him breaking 2,500 yards. He was that good. He's still very good but he's slower, doesn't have the same burst, and can't make guys miss as much. He will be the first to agree.

I ignored everything you wrote once I got here. LT is the first to admit he wasn't the same back. He was dinged up, etc. Even now, he still isn't the same back. If he was behind this line in one of his first 5 seasons, we'd be talking about him breaking 2,500 yards. He was that good. He's still very good but he's slower, doesn't have the same burst, and can't make guys miss as much. He will be the first to agree.

x2

Also stopped reading.

Regarding TJ and JC: No question who is the better back, which I suspect the coaches know as well, but it seems likely that the coaches are more than willing to run TJ in to the ground if it will save some wear and tear on JC. The concept of "Thunder and Lightning" with a 2-man backfield has been around long before ff. Not only does it keep the RBs "fresh," it adds a competitive element to the relationship that drives them both.

I also suspect that those arguing that TJ is the better back are just working the thread to get a rise out of everyone.

A little off topic, but what do you think will happen to the "stud" back when (if) the NFL goes to an 18 game schedule?

It's just so hard to argue with someone who really believes that the RB who gets 1-4 yards per carry with no big play capability is better than the RB who gets 5-12 yards per carry with the big play capability with the occasional loss of yards.

Exactly. Such a ridiculous argument that coaches would rather a plodding RB who grinds out 1-4 yard per carry than a RB with big play capability that still often gets the same 1-4 yards on his other carries. Jamaal Charles has carried the ball 20 times a game before. This isn't a guy who people say can't handle a heavier workload. He had over 20 carries per game the last 4 games of 2009 and ran for 658 yards, with another 79 yards receiving. The funny thing is he says that Jamaal Charles goes down easy, well he led ALL RB's in the NFL last year in yards after contact, with a ridiculous 3.46 YAC. Thomas Jones averaged 2.12 YAC. Chris Johnson, who led the NFL in rushing, averaged 3.02 yards after contact.

So the lions should have gotten a back that could average 3-4 ypc and get the "tough" yards instead of chancing Barry Sanders losing a few yards on first down. Now it all makes sense.

So the lions should have gotten a back that could average 3-4 ypc and get the "tough" yards instead of chancing Barry Sanders losing a few yards on first down.

Or, more recently, the Titans should have kept Lendale White and let Chris Johnson go.

Or, more recently, the Titans should have kept Lendale White and let Chris Johnson go.

No, they just shouldn't give Chris Johnson the ball so much. LenDale should be the #1 rb there and get atleast 60% of carries because CJ is too explosive. It is stupid to utilize his productivity.

I think one thing TJ and JC backers should be able to agree on is the egregious 3rd-down playcalling by the Chiefs so far. Let your stud RBs move the chains! Matt Cassel is not clutch! I have compiled (I think) all of his 3rd-down plays green means he converted it, red highlights the number of times they passed on 3rd and 4 or less to go and did not convernt.

3rd-8, KC30 14:18 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the left

3rd-8, KC22 7:12 M. Cassel sacked by S. Phillips

3rd-8, KC43 7:46 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the left

3rd-4, KC39 3:43 M. Cassel incomplete pass down the middle

3rd-10, SD39 0:14 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the left

3rd-4, KC26 11:26 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the right

3rd-3, KC37 1:08 M. Cassel passed to D. Bowe to the left for 13 yard gain

3rd-20, SD41 13:59 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the right

3rd-6, KC40 10:14 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the right

3rd-4, CLE16 8:52 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the right

3rd-6, KC40 2:57 M. Cassel sacked by M. Benard

3rd-6, KC27 11:37 M. Cassel passed to D. Bowe to the left for 5 yard gain

3rd-3, KC22 5:36 M. Cassel passed to T. Castille to the right for 5 yard gain

3rd-2, KC35 4:18 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the right

3rd-6, KC33 13:33 M. Cassel passed to T. Moeaki down the middle for 20 yard gain

3rd-6, CLE43 11:36 M. Cassel passed to D. Bowe down the middle for 17 yard gain

3rd-7, CLE37 10:54 M. Cassel passed to T. Moeaki down the middle for 12 yard gain

3rd-5, CLE5 7:49 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the right

3rd-2, CLE42 3:55 M. Cassel incomplete pass down the middle

3rd-4, KC49 13:16 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the left

3rd-3, 50 6:47 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the right

3rd-5, KC46 0:06 M. Cassel rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain

3rd-5, KC25 6:02 M. Cassel passed to D. McCluster to the left for 15 yard gain

3rd-11, KC19 10:57 M. Cassel incomplete pass to the right

3rd-5, SF18 1:35 M. Cassel passed to T. Moeaki down the middle for 18 yard touchdown. R. Succop made PAT

3rd-14, KC43 10:07 M. Cassel passed to T. Moeaki to the left for 5 yard gain

Ha, I get your point. I just gotta say L. White is no T. Jones.

You can put out all the stats you want. In my opinion I don't think Jones is as bad as some make it sound. I don't think Charles is as good as some say. I do know that Jones is a very capable back, and can carry the full load for an entire season. I don't know if Charles would hold up carrying the full load. The stats do show that if a running back is over worked during the course of a season it can have long term effects, and shorten a career. I believe the chiefs as an organization have first hand knowledge of this, as they ran their last two feature backs to death(Holmes and Johnson). I'll admit, at first I was shocked to see how this is playing out. Now I think that Haley maybe doing the right thing, and preserving Charles for the long term. Over the course of the season I believe the carries might start to be a little more 50/50, or even favor Charles a bit.

You can put out all the stats you want. In my opinion I don't think Jones is as bad as some make it sound. I don't think Charles is as good as some say. I do know that Jones is a very capable back, and can carry the full load for an entire season. I don't know if Charles would hold up carrying the full load. The stats do show that if a running back is over worked during the course of a season it can have long term effects, and shorten a career. I believe the chiefs as an organization have first hand knowledge of this, as they ran their last two feature backs to death(Holmes and Johnson). I'll admit, at first I was shocked to see how this is playing out. Now I think that Haley maybe doing the right thing, and preserving Charles for the long term. Over the course of the season I believe the carries might start to be a little more 50/50, or even favor Charles a bit.

this was a good post rip316. Just remember though, Barry Sanders lasted a long time as the feature back, LT, and so did Emmitt Smith. I'm not comparing Charles to these guys, but they took the full load and had long careers. I don't understand why the Chiefs management doesn't play their best back a majority of the time? I thought you're supposed to put your best lineup in, and many fftodayers believe Charles is that guy. His stats prove what he can do...why doesn't he get the chance to prove it over 16 games is what we couch coaches are yelling out.

Yeah your right, being ridiculously fast and breaking a long one is rare. Ask Chris Johnson.

this was a good post rip316. Just remember though, Barry Sanders lasted a long time as the feature back, LT, and so did Emmitt Smith. I'm not comparing Charles to these guys, but they took the full load and had long careers. I don't understand why the Chiefs management doesn't play their best back a majority of the time? I thought you're supposed to put your best lineup in, and many fftodayers believe Charles is that guy. His stats prove what he can do...why doesn't he get the chance to prove it over 16 games is what we couch coaches are yelling out.

Well I see what your trying to say, and I could probably add more feature backs to your list. Some other names also come to mind, like T.Davis, P. Holmes, and L. Johnson. This is neither here nor there, no one can predict the future, or predict injuries. The game was different back then, and evolution has brought us the RB by committee approach. Charles may end up being better than these guys, or maybe not. Charles isn't built the same as any of the guys you mentioned, he is built for speed. This also means that his running style is a lot different then those guys, hes not a juker, he runs very up right in a straight line. I'll also admit that some of this is very debatable. The bottom line is the Chiefs organization knows Charles better than anyone, from scouting him, or watching him in practice. They may just be erroring on the side of caution, but they don't believe he will hold up in the feature back role. It's possible that towards the end of last year they noticed he was wearing down, although the stats may not show it. FFtodayers should actually be ok with this, as long as he is playing, he's scoring points. I don't think anyone would prefer him to have a few monster games to start the season, and then get hurt, or dinged up, and be a headache for the rest of the season. I know its impossible to predict stuff like this, but the Chiefs are simply taking the better safe than sorry approach.

Yeah your right, being ridiculously fast and breaking a long one is rare. Ask Chris Johnson.

I don't know what your definition of "long one" is?

If you define "long one" as 40 yards or more, here it is.

Chris Johnson

358 carries 5 runs over 40 yards 50 rec 3 over 40

94 carries 2 runs over 40 yards 12 rec 0 over 40

358+50+94+12=514 touches

5+2+3=10 long ones

10/514 touches = .019

I don't know what your definition of "long one" is?

If you define "long one" as 40 yards or more, here it is.

Chris Johnson

358 carries 5 runs over 40 yards 50 rec 3 over 40

94 carries 2 runs over 40 yards 12 rec 0 over 40

358+50+94+12=514 touches

5+2+3=10 long ones

10/514 touches = .019

Right, so, in 16 games, he had a long run in 10 of them. That's pretty amazing. That's #1 overall type stuff.

The fact remains, regardless of which is the better RB, Todd Haley does not like Jamaal Charles. Listen to some of the comments he makes during taped practice sessions. NFL Network is a frequent source. Just the other day, on the Playbook show, I had to suffer through it. At one point, he whines, "you have to be able to think when you're tired, Jamaal". As if a grown man doesn't know that. Haley is a sarcastic ass obsessed with control. Until the Chiefs fall behind in a game and he's "forced" to use his playmaker, as he was last year, Charles will continue to ride the pine.

I think a lot of you have rocks in your skulls. TJ is not washed up, that's a fact. I'd love for you to tell TJ that in person, ha ha. And you're all moronic for saying that the Jets O-line was completely responsible for his success. Those NYJ O-linemen were pretty much in focking awe of TJ. Look it up. TJ lifted with the heaviest lifters on the team and come Sunday nobody had any doubts about him, on any play. Coaches have wet dreams about guys like TJ.

hahaha, are you for real? :lol: I literally spit out some of my drink when I read this.

what on earth does lifting against Jet lineman have to dow ithy anything? No one ever denied TJ was in shape.. the question is why do the Chiefs feel he is the better back when clearly, he is not.

its painfully obvious. As a Jet fan, i appreciate all TJ did for my team. He is a pro's pro. But with a lesser line like KC, a more explosive back is generally better. TJ is a plodder.

Despite TJ's starter label and his amount of carries, the TJ supporters have still been proven wrong. Charles has done way more with his touches.

someone get out that highlight video of charles from last year. watch the scores as he makes his big plays. just about every single one of those highlights came when they were losing. tomorrow, it is highly likely they will be losing. tomorrow is a good day to play charles

hahaha, are you for real? :lol: I literally spit out some of my drink when I read this.

what on earth does lifting against Jet lineman have to dow ithy anything? No one ever denied TJ was in shape.. the question is why do the Chiefs feel he is the better back when clearly, he is not.

its painfully obvious. As a Jet fan, i appreciate all TJ did for my team. He is a pro's pro. But with a lesser line like KC, a more explosive back is generally better. TJ is a plodder.

Despite TJ's starter label and his amount of carries, the TJ supporters have still been proven wrong. Charles has done way more with his touches.

this brings a tear to my eye. Well said WW :cheers:

this brings a tear to my eye. Well said WW :cheers:

again - i see situational backs. i'm not saying that haley is right in doing this... but, what we have is: in general when kc is in control and they're more concerned with ball security and running clock than going big - tj will get more carries. if they are behind or are in a passing situation, etc, JC will get more carries. it should not be surprising tj's gotten more action so far... they're 3-0

and i'm sure there are people thinking "prove to me JC is a fumbler" - i don't think that nor necessarily even agree with this apparent strategy. it's just what i see kc doing, that's all.

again, tomorrow JC is a good play

again - i see situational backs. i'm not saying that haley is right in doing this... but, what we have is: in general when kc is in control and they're more concerned with ball security and running clock than going big - tj will get more carries. if they are behind or are in a passing situation, etc, JC will get more carries. it should not be surprising tj's gotten more action so far... they're 3-0

and i'm sure there are people thinking "prove to me JC is a fumbler" - i don't think that nor necessarily even agree with this apparent strategy. it's just what i see kc doing, that's all.

again, tomorrow JC is a good play

You can't question the coach when a team is 3-0 in the NFL. He is the best of the best in his profession. He has a plan and its working. You make a great point Cavern in the ball control touches vs a behind/passing situation. I'll buy this to a certain percent this year. But last year, Charles was given a chance and absolutely flourished with the rock. Then again, it's not about ff for a team though is it?

You can't question the coach when a team is 3-0 in the NFL. He is the best of the best in his profession. He has a plan and its working. You make a great point Cavern in the ball control touches vs a behind/passing situation. I'll buy this to a certain percent this year. But last year, Charles was given a chance and absolutely flourished with the rock. Then again, it's not about ff for a team though is it?

nope it sure isn't. while i agree he flourished last year, they also were playing from behind all year long. alot of his big plays were draw plays against a pass defense and even from dumpoff passes. so i remain that he's $ when they're behind.

and, from the coach's standpoint - i'll bet one of the things he's STOKED about is being 3-0 and having charles not only healthy, but fresh. they will be one dangerous team if they make the playoffs and have a fresh charles at their disposal

i'll edit to add that i'm in a good position that, when there are no bye week issues, i can decide between bradshaw and charles for my flex. i will be looking at the opponent for the chiefs and doing the opposite of what most would do with a running back. ie - detroit would be a bad matchup, the saints would be a good one, etc