Sign in to follow this  
giantwarrior

Jamaal Charles Owners?

It's called RBBC. It's the new NFL. Get used to it.

Yes, I know several teams use RBBC, but why did he lose his starting job?? Finished strong last year, had a good pre-season, what gives? Any KC homers out there?

Yes, I know several teams use RBBC, but why did he lose his starting job?? Finished strong last year, had a good pre-season, what gives? Any KC homers out there?

As a huge Charles fan (drafted him early in the 2nd), I kinda saw this coming. I feel like they will mess around with T Jones as the main back for the first few weeks of the season, but after they realize he can't run behind a terrible OLine the way Charles can, they will realize they are being idiots and let charles play. It took them what...8 weeks to sit Larry Johnson last year?

Just my prediction. I'm still starting him, at least for the first couple weeks. Hoping to pick up another decent RB for one of my WR after week 1 though.

We always knew TJ will take a good chunk of the carries from Charles, just as White did at the start of last year.

Are you talking about Lendale White? Cause I would love for this situation to be a repeat.

As a huge Charles fan (drafted him early in the 2nd), I kinda saw this coming. I feel like they will mess around with T Jones as the main back for the first few weeks of the season, but after they realize he can't run behind a terrible OLine the way Charles can, they will realize they are being idiots and let charles play. It took them what...8 weeks to sit Larry Johnson last year?

Just my prediction. I'm still starting him, at least for the first couple weeks. Hoping to pick up another decent RB for one of my WR after week 1 though.

I think you're right. Like most coaches to emerge out of the Belichick coaching tree, Todd Haley is an insecure little pr1ck who loves to play mind games. You'd have to be blind to not know that Charles is the one and possibly only real weapon the Chiefs have, but Haley is going to insist on making him "earn" it anyway. We're talking about a coach who gave Charles a sum total of 29 carries through nine weeks last year. I expect Haley is going to start Thomas Jones and give him a roughly 50/50 split until it's absolutely, stunningly obvious that Charles is better. Then around mid-year he'll shift the carries in Charles' favor and patient owners who didn't bale already will reap the benefits.

I think you're right. Like most coaches to emerge out of the Belichick coaching tree, Todd Haley is an insecure little pr1ck who loves to play mind games. You'd have to be blind to not know that Charles is the one and possibly only real weapon the Chiefs have, but Haley is going to insist on making him "earn" it anyway. We're talking about a coach who gave Charles a sum total of 29 carries through nine weeks last year. I expect Haley is going to start Thomas Jones and give him a roughly 50/50 split until it's absolutely, stunningly obvious that Charles is better. Then around mid-year he'll shift the carries in Charles' favor and patient owners who didn't bale already will reap the benefits.

Yep I'm just hoping we don't have to wait more than 3 or 4 games to see that shift. Cause that's gonna start hurting.

Jones may be the starter but when it's 17-0 Chargers after a quarter

you won't see much of Jones. It will be Charles racking up yardage

on swing passes and draws.

I hate to burst your collective bubbles, but Thomas Jones has been a consistent 1000+ yd rusher, seemingly getting better with age. He works harder than 99% of NFL players. He is typically considered by his coaches and teammates to be an ultimate professional.

Jones is often mentioned as one of the most amazing physical specimens in the NFL. His strength and conditioning are never ever in doubt.

There is a reason the Jets took out a full page ad in the KC paper to say THANK YOU to Thomas Jones. It's about professionalism, heart, dedication, and determination. He will be a leader in KC....on the field...that's just his way.

If you really think that TJ is going to fall to pieces that is your prerogative. Personally I don't see it happening. At least not this year.

I hate to burst your collective bubbles, but Thomas Jones has been a consistent 1000+ yd rusher, seemingly getting better with age. He works harder than 99% of NFL players. He is typically considered by his coaches and teammates to be an ultimate professional.

Jones is often mentioned as one of the most amazing physical specimens in the NFL. His strength and conditioning are never ever in doubt.

There is a reason the Jets took out a full page ad in the KC paper to say THANK YOU to Thomas Jones. It's about professionalism, heart, dedication, and determination. He will be a leader in KC....on the field...that's just his way.

If you really think that TJ is going to fall to pieces that is your prerogative. Personally I don't see it happening. At least not this year.

Jets Fan here. He looked very old the last few games of the year and in the playoffs, he just couldn't hit the hole like he did in the begining of the year. He may be starting in KC but Charles will get 3rd down duties and eventually finish ALL the games!! JMO

There's no way that by the end of the season, barring injury, it is anything less than 65-35 in favor of Charles. I'm not one to invest much in preseason games, but Charles made Jones look like Larry Johnson. Every good running back sees a decline at some point, and generally if it hasn't happened by age 32, then it's bound to happen very soon. Why do you think the Jets let him go when they could have had him for a fairly cheap price?

I think this is all wishfull thinking.

T. Jones was a top 5 back last year and an accomplished runner in the NFL.

Maybe midyear you will see Charles getting a 50/50 split.

Toward the end of the season, he may take over, but I would not spend a 2nd/3rd round pick for someone that is comparable to a ww pickup toward the end of the year. (like he was last year) also see J. Harrison too.

If you were not paying attention, T. Jones was always considered the #1 RB the day he signed.

Per CBSSportline on Jones:

Fantasy Analysis

Jones role will change with the Chiefs. Heck, it changed in this game -- he didn't start, Jamaal Charles did. We think Jones will end up being more than just a limited-touch rusher for the Chiefs; he'll be penciled in for 10 touches a week for sure. That doesn't amount to very much in Fantasy play, but if anything happens to Charles, Jones would benefit with a lot of work. He's a great insurance policy for Charles this season, worth a middle- to late-round pick as a quality reserve.

(Updated 08/28/2010).

The KC O-line has a way of making the pounders look slower and produce less than expected.

I'm not worried about Charles, he'll get his, especially in PPR. Remember, the run-game needs to produce despite the O-line, and that doesn't play into TJ's strengths, it plays into Charles'. There might be more of a split than you'd like early on, but Charles will still get his.

idk why so many people assume the "starter" label means majority of carries or touches.

"oh no! my fantasy back wont be in the game on the first play? what ever will happen!?!?!"

I think this is all wishfull thinking.

T. Jones was a top 5 back last year and an accomplished runner in the NFL.

Maybe midyear you will see Charles getting a 50/50 split.

Toward the end of the season, he may take over, but I would not spend a 2nd/3rd round pick for someone that is comparable to a ww pickup toward the end of the year. (like he was last year) also see J. Harrison too.

If you were not paying attention, T. Jones was always considered the #1 RB the day he signed.

Again, age is a huge factor. RBs have short life spans in the NFL. Jones is 32 years old and was let go by a power running team. If the Jets didn't think he was good enough to run behind their o-line, what makes you think he will be an impact player on the Chiefs?

As for the bolded statement, it sounds as if you think Jones is going to get the majority of carries to start the season. Are you a Jones owner? Best case scenario right now for Jones is a 65-35 split.. in favor of Charles. You'll see once the games start being played.

BTW: Top 5 last year doesn't mean anything. From 08 to 09, exactly 1 back was in the top 5 both years. Only 3 of the top 10 remained from 08 to 09. Live in the present, not the past.

just a little info, coming from a Jet fan.

Thomas Jones is an ultimate professional in leadership and work ethic. Don't expect his body to break down. But don't expect the Chiefs offensive line to magically transform into the Jets. Jones is a plodder and much of his statistical success can be atributed to gaping holes opened by Brick, Mangold, Woody, Moore and Faneca.

I love the guy but he won't produce even close to the same numbers on the Chiefs. not with that line and not on a team that will be down in games alot.

Jones may very well be the "starter" but he will not be the back to own in fantasy.

why is he 2nd on depth chart....cuz KC picked up TJ to do RBBC....that why talked shiet to the guy in my league who drafted him in the 2nd round...LOLOLOLOLO have fun with him....HAHHAHAHAH

while TJ will be a nice fill in for me during bye weeks for my starters ...HHAAHAHAHAHAH

Barring injury Charles gets at least 60% of the carries which is all he needs... you paranoid fucks are worried about thomas jones, lmao.

I'm not concerned about the depth chart. I know what my guy can do, that's good enough for me.

All you soppy wet vaginas who are freaking out over the depth chart are going to cream your panties when JCHARLES becomes the DESTROYER OF WORLDS II (next to CJIII) this monday night.

/Just sit back and enjoy the show, especially the Thomas Jones owners/apologists.

:pointstosky:

What happened, why is he now 2nd on the depth charts when he outplayed Thomas Jones all pre-season.

Because Jones outplayed him. Get used to it, Jones has been undervalued for years.;)

Because Jones outplayed him. Get used to it, Jones has been undervalued for years.;)

When did Jones outplay him?

It certainly was not in this preseason.

Jones is a decent player...but Charles is more talented all around and will end up getting the bulk of the carries this year.

even in RRBC Jamaal Charles will get his numbers in the first few weeks. I'm a believer that given 3 weeks Charles starts as this idiotic hot hand nonsense.. Either way taking Charles in round 2 is crazy imho even with his upside he's at best round 3 material.. I've taken him over Pierre Thomas & Benson but not over Williams..

Jones is a fine player but he will not be the guy by season end. 331 carries last season and turning 32 will catch up with him. I think the Jets excellent O-line skewed his numbers a little. I think those who are patient will be very pleased With JC come FF playoff time and he os tearing it up.

That said, Charles is a value pick in rounds 3-5 for PPR leagues, even if TJ is vulturing TDs at first. I would not reach for him in round 2. Think Ray Rice from last year. Also I would not want him for my #1 in RB heavy scoring leagues.

KC aint the Jets.

KC will be losing games...most of them. So, Charles is going to get the majority of touches since KC will have to throw the ball and or use quick strike draws. Jones got a ton of touches as a Jet because they played amazing D and were happy to run the ball all day. TJ just entered the complete opposite situation. The Chiefs play no D and are forced to play fast. This is no plodding, smash mouth run team.

I think TJ actually helps Charles. 16 weeks is a marathon. Let TJ get beat up in the first quarter. And behind that line, the beatings are coming.

Because Jones outplayed him.

:lol:

even in RRBC Jamaal Charles will get his numbers in the first few weeks. I'm a believer that given 3 weeks Charles starts as this idiotic hot hand nonsense.. Either way taking Charles in round 2 is crazy imho even with his upside he's at best round 3 material.. I've taken him over Pierre Thomas & Benson but not over Williams..

I'm sorry. This is possibly the laziest thing written in this thread. If you don't like him, fine. If you think he sucks, fine. If you think that Thomas Jones is going to find the fountain of youth and be "the man", fine. But Charles' upside? From what I can see, his upside is measurable to the 1800-2000 yard range. If his upside doesn't merit anything better than a 3rd round pick, then I want to know what players you're drafting in the first and second.

His upside is top 3 overall material. He went berserk on the league in the second half. His upside is 2000 yards going by what he did the second half. Dude had 1120 yards and 40 receptions for 297 in half a season of real action. And 8 TDs. He also led the NFL in yards per carry at 5.9. So let's not say he's "At best" round 3 material when discussing his upside. He's got more upside than any player in the league this year since he showed what happens when he gets the rock.

He's this year's Ray Rice as far as potential to be a stud picked in the 3rd-5th round. Rice is getting drafted in the first round this year.

His upside is top 3 overall material. He went berserk on the league in the second half. His upside is 2000 yards going by what he did the second half. Dude had 1120 yards and 40 receptions for 297 in half a season of real action. And 8 TDs. He also led the NFL in yards per carry at 5.9. So let's not say he's "At best" round 3 material when discussing his upside. He's got more upside than any player in the league this year since he showed what happens when he gets the rock.

He's this year's Ray Rice as far as potential to be a stud picked in the 3rd-5th round. Rice is getting drafted in the first round this year.

Best post in this thread! I drafted him in the 4th rd as my 2nd RB and couldnt be happier!!!! :headbanger: :banana:

If the KC O-line sucks then how did Charles run through gaping holes in the 2nd half of 2009? If the O-line sucks, how is a lanky RB like Charles going to find room to run? If the O-line sucks, aren't the chiefs better off with the RB who can break tackles and pass-block?

All you haters are pretty funny....

TJonesandLilKim.jpg

thomas-jones1.jpg

Holy rusted metal, Batman. Are you Thomas Jones' father? Or TJ himself?

Do you need it spelled out. A shifty runner, that relies on his legs and hips to move in traffic has a much better style for an O-line that is leaky, prone to letting defensive players off blocks early, and forcing a change of direction. Thomas Jones is not that guy. Sure, he'll break a tackle from the side as he's going through a hole, but that's a lot different than dodging the guy that just appeared where the hole was. That's not breaking tackles; that's running into walls.

If the KC O-line sucks then how did Charles run through gaping holes in the 2nd half of 2009? If the O-line sucks, how is a lanky RB like Charles going to find room to run? If the O-line sucks, aren't the chiefs better off with the RB who can break tackles and pass-block?

All you haters are pretty funny...damn he's a beast.

Let me ask you to evaluate . . . and try to be honest. Is Thomas Jones closer in style to Jamaal Charles or to Larry Johnson?

I'm really interested in this answer.

All you haters are pretty funny...damn he's a beast.

you obviously dont know much about NFL running styles. Thomas Jones is a strict north-south runner. He needs holes opened up for him otherwise its 2 yds, 3 yds, 2yrds, 6 yds...

Jamal Charles relies much more on his ability to cut and make defenders miss. this is not to say that Charles can't run up the middle, but he busts alot more runs outside than you will ever see TJ do.

and then there is their abilities in the pass game....

So you are saying that if you knew how well Ray Rice was going to perform last year you wouldn't take him in round 2?

Fantasy Football is all about risks...and yes it is risky taking Charles in Round 2. But if you have a late 3rd round pick (like I did) and you really believe Charles is going to explode again this year, I just can't fathom why you wouldn't go with your gut and draft him before your chance runs out.

I drafted both of them. I am probably going to start J. Best there, but if I had to start either TJ or Charles, I'd CLEARLY go with Charles.

Let me ask you to evaluate . . . and try to be honest. Is Thomas Jones closer in style to Jamaal Charles or to Larry Johnson?

I'm really interested in this answer.

Nice try....

Jones is closer to Emmitt Smith...a true professional. He gives 120% in the weight room and on the field. He is a known commodity. He blocks like a beast (see Todd Haley's comments). His coaches and teammates look to him as a leader on the field.

There is no doubt Jamaal Charles is super fast and broke several long runs against weak defenses last season. But the jury is still out on his work ethic, pass blocking and his durability.

People are saying that Charles will take over by mid-season. I think there is a better chance that Charles will be hurt by mid-season than being a full-time featured back.

By the way, I don't have either of them...lol.

When did Jones outplay him?

It certainly was not in this preseason.

Jones is a decent player...but Charles is more talented all around and will end up getting the bulk of the carries this year.

We can agree to disagree.....and just see what unfolds......and I will be right.....once again....because Jones IS the better RB. :)