Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Packers 34, Bears 3

You know I have tremendous respect for you, Bears fans...

Your rugged, big-city ways keeps soulless strip malls and TGIFs booming and thriving from Schaumburg to Buffalo Grove....

And the things you've done with Rockford -- lowering the I-ROC-Z to high school grad ratio from 46 to 1 to 38 to 1 -- is a tribute to your hard work and dedication...

but the dream ends on Monday night

The Packers score early and they score often.... Matthews is permanently in Cutler's grill making it impossible for him to throw to his wide receivers whom I can't name because they are that bad....

It's possible CHI gets a scrubtime TD, but I'm sticking with

Packers 34 :music_guitarred:

Bears 3 :(

Let's get it started!

I think you're being too conservative.

I'll admit that I love Chicago b/c I can get a cup of the greatest coffee on the face of the planet on every corner at DD.

Dude I am a Packers fan but that right there is a Koolaid-Drinkin' Homer Score.

Realistically speaking, the Bears have played us tough ever since Lovie showed up, and I don't see that changing. I think something like 27-20 is more likely. They are going to test our rookie DBs for sure, we will need CM3 to keep playing out of his mind. Cutler can make all the throws and it only takes one rookie-blown-coverage screwup to give up a 70 yard TD over the top. I see the game hinging on a few turnovers and big plays.

That said, IF we get up early, say 14-0 or so, we could definitely blow them out. I kind of hope we come out completely pass-whacky the first few drives to try to take the lead early.

For you new guys around here... 34-3 is a FFToday meme. That is not his actual prediction. Although it is probably close.

Urlacher might break Rodgers face.

There's some fire!!!!

A young Walter 34 with a twinge of DrJ, this one is :music_guitarred:

LOL you remind me of my Packers friends. So confident in your team that could only beat the MUCH WORSE Bears team by a touchdown each time last year.

Stop sipping the Aaron Rodgers Koolaid with your 34-3 onslaught. At least I can respect the fans who admit it will be close...nothing wrong with choosing your own team to win.

I really can't wait for Monday night. I think the Bears will surprise people.

I think you're being too conservative.

I'll admit that I love Chicago b/c I can get a cup of the greatest coffee on the face of the planet on every corner at DD.

DD = 50% piss and 50% motor oil

LOL you remind me of my Packers friends. So confident in your team that could only beat the MUCH WORSE Bears team by a touchdown each time last year.

Stop sipping the Aaron Rodgers Koolaid with your 34-3 onslaught. At least I can respect the fans who admit it will be close...nothing wrong with choosing your own team to win.

I really can't wait for Monday night. I think the Bears will surprise people.

Read down in the thread, then realize the 34-3 is an ongoing thing.

Cutler's face already looks broken. Seriously, Cutler always looks like a frat boy leaving a bar to find out that someone stole his LandRover.

Urlacher could also tweek his wrist and have to sit out an entire season because of it like last year. No respect for Urlacher. Butkus would snap a little prima donna like Urlacher in half.

the 2-0 start still hasn't gotten walter, drj, and sweetmeat to come out of their hibernation? wtf? are they dead? in prison? :unsure:

For you new guys around here... 34-3 is a FFToday meme. That is not his actual prediction. Although it is probably close.

Ah my bad. Is it sort of the default score for starting a trash talking thread about an upcoming game?

35-34 Packers... This game will be a shoot out!

I love shootouts, especially when Aaron Rodgers and JerMichael Finley are involved - :banana:

84 members, 232 guests, 0 anonymous users

donhaas,Jedi Sensei,bscheibs,astriy,TennisMenace,Hoops,85thatsright10,bigblue08,Steak4241,unclemercy,jrbdmb,nobody,HeathShuler,Jeepz,hankhawaii,Boilermaker04,Bones40,Sifu21,mrchunk,kkustes03,Grizzly,PanicAttack,Moemoney,Saint Elistan,Brian Bozworth Fan Club,msudavedawg,murf74,Cstriker,pitt_fan,Filthy Fernadez,runpuddrun,DickThuy,Bears_Rule,Dsausage,NAn,Law,FantasyKing,DexterMorgan,rdrs4life,Puddleglum,flyjam,tanatastic,bjsteel,Solarmus,TxSooner,Moc1060,Blakeyson,cyclone24,braylonjetwards,AintNoStoppinMeNow,mikegr,RaiderHater's Revenge,Gatorclan3,WhiteWonder,Ponyboy,TimHauck,JosephB.Palasky,BigMilk,Eddie Kennison,RSersen,fixedrate,gimethedamnball,MTSkiBum,FFK,paul revere,mzf5c5,desertfire,FF_Guru_Guy,bsballkingben99,JOHN 316,0021,Zackattack,anty63,PATSSOX,sperri40,Nujet2002,We Tigers,fugoondo,touchdowntwitaker,mbrennan5,ICEMAN,Fantasyisright,Inhiding,pathman,dpbuddha

Forum Led By

I'm a packers fan this year with Jennings and Finley. Lets light em up Rodgers.

It'll be an interesting MNF. Can the Packers stop a QB with a pulse? Couldn't do it in '09.....couldn't do it against Vick.

Can the Bears beat a team who normally doesn't end up beating itself? Will the refs giftwrap another W for them?

I don't care who wins but I'd like to see both Urlacher and Barnett tear a few ligaments.

It'll be an interesting MNF. Can the Packers stop a QB with a pulse? Couldn't do it in '09.....couldn't do it against Vick.

They completely shut down and made Cutler look ridiculous in their two match-ups last year.... Or is Cutler's pulse that much different this year?

Also completely shut down Romo....he's got a pulse....

The 3 QBs (out of 17) they had trouble with last year are all currently out of the league or completely suck this year..... Warner, Rothesraper, and Brent....

Not sure what the point was here....or how it's relative to Packer/Bear discussion... maybe you wanted to somehow bring the Vikings into this and make them relevant??

Good luck with that.....

Good to have you back, too!

Enjoy the season :pointstosky:

Big tilt this week versus Detroit for last place :overhead:

They completely shut down and made Cutler look ridiculous in their two match-ups last year.... Or is Cutler's pulse that much different this year?

Also completely shut down Romo....he's got a pulse....

The 3 QBs (out of 17) they had trouble with last year are all currently out of the league or completely suck this year..... Warner, Rothesraper, and Brent....

Not sure what the point was here....or how it's relative to Packer/Bear discussion... maybe you wanted to somehow bring the Vikings into this and make them relevant??

Good luck with that.....

Good to have you back, too!

Enjoy the season :pointstosky:

Big tilt this week versus Detroit for last place :overhead:

You forgot to mention Josh Freeman.

:overhead:

So far Cutler has a pulse. I expected him to pee his pants in Dallas, but it looks like he played pretty well. How much of that is stellar QB play versus an imploding Dallas team? Dunno. Regardless, he has a 5:1 TD to INT ratio. Pretty good....especially for Cutler.

Honestly, I think the Pack expose the Bears this week. They can't run at all, and although they'll make some plays down the field, eventually they're going to commit some ugly mistakes. I'm still not sold on the Packers defense...excluding Mathews and Woodson. And eventually they're going to have to run the ball themselves....BJax ain't the answer. Still, the Packers are a better team than Chicago. They win by 2 scores on Monday.

You forgot to mention Josh Freeman.

:overhead:

How could I forget him??

Going to try and get him off waivers tonight to upgrade my Favre/Kolb tandem :lol:

Although not superstars....Hester, Aroshomodu, and Knox are all decent. I expect Sam Shields to get exposed this week by Martz. I can see Cutler having a big day. Green Bay is going to have to apply pressure to mask Shields as they've done so far, Raji and Matthews have both been huge up to this point and that's going to have to continue or the Bears will put up some serious points.

Another big issue for GB is LT. CLifton is most likely not going to play, so Bulaga will get his first NFL start against Julius Peppers. Bulaga held his own last week against Buffalo, but Peppers is on a whole different level. If Bulaga and the GB line can give Rodgers time then GB should be able to put up some points, but Rodgers still hasn't found his groove and if he's running for his life GB might have a long day. GB won't have a running game so this one falls squarely on Aaron's shoulders.

I see these two splitting the series this year and this one's in Chicago...so I'll take Chicago this week.

Although not superstars....Hester, Aroshomodu, and Knox are all decent. I expect Sam Shields to get exposed this week by Martz. I can see Cutler having a big day. Green Bay is going to have to apply pressure to mask Shields as they've done so far, Raji and Matthews have both been huge up to this point and that's going to have to continue or the Bears will put up some serious points.

Another big issue for GB is LT. CLifton is most likely not going to play, so Bulaga will get his first NFL start against Julius Peppers. Bulaga held his own last week against Buffalo, but Peppers is on a whole different level. If Bulaga and the GB line can give Rodgers time then GB should be able to put up some points, but Rodgers still hasn't found his groove and if he's running for his life GB might have a long day. GB won't have a running game so this one falls squarely on Aaron's shoulders.

I see these two splitting the series this year and this one's in Chicago...so I'll take Chicago this week.

This is a very rational well-thought-out not particularly biased post.... :thumbsup:

So it probably does not belong in a Bears/Packers thread :banana:

I think Rodgers had a bad first game, but how could you watch the last game and say he hasn't found his groove?

And who on the Bears is guarding Jermichael Finley? Do you really want to put two or three people on him? Do you really want to take away coverage from Jennings, Driver, Jones, Jordy, etc.?

I think Rodgers had a bad first game, but how could you watch the last game and say he hasn't found his groove?

And who on the Bears is guarding Jermichael Finley? Do you really want to put two or three people on him? Do you really want to take away coverage from Jennings, Driver, Jones, Jordy, etc.?

Yeah, coverage is going to be a problem for the Bears. I think the Bears D vs. Packers O matchup is going to hinge on how much pressure the Bears can get with their front four. If Rodgers has time, he is going to find the open guy. If they have to start blitzing, they will get a sack here and there but on the whole Rodgers will shred them.

This is a very rational well-thought-out not particularly biased post.... :thumbsup:

So it probably does not belong in a Bears/Packers thread :banana:

I was at the last Packer game. He wasn't quite on target in the first half against the lowly Bills. I was too drunk to really know what was going on in the second half but obviously he started clicking in the last two quarters. But I'm waiting for him to put together a complete game, something I don't think he's done yet this year. Now obviously it's only week 3 so it's a matter of time. The good thing is GB won both games and have put up quite a few points and they're not even close to reaching their potential yet.

As far as this game, if the line doesn't hold against the Bears D then Finley may be neutralized a bit. I'm hoping Bulaga lives up to the hype (and permanently keeps the job) but Peppers is no slouch so it's going to be a tough one. The lack of a run game scares me a bit as well, I'm hoping I'm just being too pessimistic with Jackson but I just don't see him as a guy teams have to worry about. If Bulaga struggles and we don't have a run threat, the Bears will have a much easier night containing all of GB's weapons.

Cutler's face already looks broken. Seriously, Cutler always looks like a frat boy leaving a bar to find out that someone stole his LandRover.

Jealous? LOL j/k

This may be a painful game to watch. Of course being a Chicago homer, we're delusionally optimistic, but...reality is a different story.

If you get them from the right angles, Cutler looks exactly like the 6-minute-abs guy from There's Something About Mary and Rodgers looks exactly like the guy from The Office

My old friend Don - long time ...

I don't normally post here anymore because this place has become a bit of a ****hole over recent years with little or no FF value or decent football chatter. That said, I'm returning for a few days in honour of the old Bears \ Packer threads of yesteryear. Win or lose, I'll move on after the post game chatter, so this is just a cameo appearance. There was a day when this thread would have been 200+ posts by now.

Pleasantly shocked with the Bears start so far, but not a full fledged believer yet. Beating Detroit - whatever and dallas looks a little dysfunctional so far. This week will be the big test and I am guessing that Soldier Field will be off the charts rocking on Monday. The pack will need a quick start to settle the crowd down.

A few observations on the Bears to date:

Offence

* Cutler - better than predicted by most. Solid play and in a groove and looking like the trade was a good move

* WRs - better than expected so far. They are spreading it around and hester, Knox, DA, Olsen, Forte and Taylor are getting it done. Sucks for FF because of the distribution, but as a whole, the group is doing fine.

* OLine - sucks as advertised. This is a weak unit that JA did not upgrade in the offseason. Cutler has already taken a beating so far, so they need to get better or he will be dead by week 8. Chris Williams was also hurt last week, so watch if he is playing or not. He could be a difference maker in protection.

* RBs - suck, but are contributing in the pass game and thanks to the pass game opening things up.

Defence

* Urlacher looks great so far and seems to have his speed back. He was defending passes 40 yards down field against Dallas and took out Witten with a hit. Jermicheal is next.

* Peppers is a difference maker up front on the pass rush. They had zero pressure last year.

* Briggs as usual is solid

The rest of the group is pedestrian but are playing well enough so far and seem to have the ball hawking mentality back

I'm afraid of Matthews and not much else on the GB D. Can the Bears line protect enough is the big question here. If they can, Cutler should rip them a new one.

On defence, Rodgers should shred the D. There will be no run game from GB, so they will be one dimensional on offence. I would expect 34 points against if Grant was in to balance things out, but with the key injury, it will give the Bears D a fighting chance. Rodgers should get close to 400 in the air. If 2 or 3 picks are a part of that, then the Bears could \ should win.

This should be a shootout where GB lights it up with an early FG and then the Bears roll with 34 or so unanswered points.

:music_guitarred:

I'm afraid of Matthews and not much else on the GB D.

The reigning defensive player of the year causes you no concern, either???

Snobby Bears fans :thumbsdown:

Good to have you back :cheers:

I am looking forward to an awesome game..... Soldier Field will be rockin' [What are tickets going for?]

The reigning defensive player of the year causes you no concern, either???

Snobby Bears fans :thumbsdown:

Good to have you back :cheers:

I am looking forward to an awesome game..... Soldier Field will be rockin' [What are tickets going for?]

Good CBs are one thing if you have a stud WR that he can take away. He can't cover 4 or 5 guys however and if the Bears have any brains, they will pick on the other sub par DBs all night and leave Charles alone to polish his DPOY trophy.

As for ticket prices, I would guess at least $20 Canadian

Good CBs are one thing if you have a stud WR that he can take away. He can't cover 4 or 5 guys however and if the Bears have any brains, they will pick on the other sub par DBs all night and leave Charles alone to polish his DPOY trophy.

As for ticket prices, I would guess at least $20 Canadian

Is it harder for a secondary to cover one stud receiver or a slew of mediocre wide outs?

Hell, why stop at 34 if it's going to be a shootout. Give 'em 64. Works for me especially since I'll be starting Rodgers and Jennings in my money league. Not a Bears fan but I don't want to see them totally demoralized. Give 'em 30 or so points since I have Cutler in some other leagues.What the heck, give ALL the offensive guys on both sides plenty of fantasy points this week. Ain't that what we want for all our fantasy studs to score lots of points and not really care who wins the game as long as our studs perform at a high level. Yeah and I don't really care that my 49ers are 0-2. Yeah right. Not a big Packers fan but definitely a Rodgers fan. Damn, the 49ers coulda had HIM instead of Alice Smith, grrrrr. I do however hope the Packers win as they are my pick from the NFC to go to the superbowl.

34-3, definitely 34-3....

I seem to remember a "Big" Monday nighter between Chicago and GB 2 years ago - it was over by halftime. I see the same thing happening on Monday night. Packers 34, FIB's 3.

Go Pack!

My old friend Don - long time ...

I don't normally post here anymore because this place has become a bit of a ****hole over recent years with little or no FF value or decent football chatter. That said, I'm returning for a few days in honour of the old Bears \ Packer threads of yesteryear. Win or lose, I'll move on after the post game chatter, so this is just a cameo appearance. There was a day when this thread would have been 200+ posts by now.

Pleasantly shocked with the Bears start so far, but not a full fledged believer yet. Beating Detroit - whatever and dallas looks a little dysfunctional so far. This week will be the big test and I am guessing that Soldier Field will be off the charts rocking on Monday. The pack will need a quick start to settle the crowd down.

A few observations on the Bears to date:

Offence

* Cutler - better than predicted by most. Solid play and in a groove and looking like the trade was a good move

* WRs - better than expected so far. They are spreading it around and hester, Knox, DA, Olsen, Forte and Taylor are getting it done. Sucks for FF because of the distribution, but as a whole, the group is doing fine.

* OLine - sucks as advertised. This is a weak unit that JA did not upgrade in the offseason. Cutler has already taken a beating so far, so they need to get better or he will be dead by week 8. Chris Williams was also hurt last week, so watch if he is playing or not. He could be a difference maker in protection.

* RBs - suck, but are contributing in the pass game and thanks to the pass game opening things up.

Defence

* Urlacher looks great so far and seems to have his speed back. He was defending passes 40 yards down field against Dallas and took out Witten with a hit. Jermicheal is next.

* Peppers is a difference maker up front on the pass rush. They had zero pressure last year.

* Briggs as usual is solid

The rest of the group is pedestrian but are playing well enough so far and seem to have the ball hawking mentality back

I'm afraid of Matthews and not much else on the GB D. Can the Bears line protect enough is the big question here. If they can, Cutler should rip them a new one.

On defence, Rodgers should shred the D. There will be no run game from GB, so they will be one dimensional on offence. I would expect 34 points against if Grant was in to balance things out, but with the key injury, it will give the Bears D a fighting chance. Rodgers should get close to 400 in the air. If 2 or 3 picks are a part of that, then the Bears could \ should win.

This should be a shootout where GB lights it up with an early FG and then the Bears roll with 34 or so unanswered points.

:music_guitarred:

Please tell me you haven't become one of the FBG snobs. Not all, but many speak as if they have infinite football knowledge and all others are imbeciles. Problem is, many have probably never even donned a football helmet, and live in their parent's basement.

- Cutler has been better than expected. Clay and company must get in his grill.

- WR's are above adequate and can hurt you. It's a solid group with no standouts.

-OL is ugly, I agree

-RB's may not be that bad, the OL could be making them look worse. They're obviously dangerous in space though.

-Urlacher....I'm begging that he covers Finley 1 on 1. Begging for it. And the turf took out Witten, not a ferocious hit by Urlacher. I used to love Urlacher but lost all respect for him last year....just don't understand how you need to be out for an entire year with a broken wrist when you're a linebacker. A whole year? Really?

- Peppers scares the piss out of me. He's motivated this year and that's a good thing for the Bears.

Please tell me you haven't become one of the FBG snobs.

No, don't worry. I don't really post anywhere anymore. Busy with life and after

almost 25,000 posts here, I don't have much else to say that hasn't been said before.

:cheers: