Sign in to follow this  
mambokings

Randy Moss

Randy Moss scares me this year. I don't know if it's age or the contract situation, but I expected more than what he's been producing (not in the touchdown department, just overall). His yardage totals have been a joke. His reception totals have been a joke. And if you go back to last year, where over the last 8 games he averaged a paltry 52 yards per game and never topped 75 yards in any single contest, I think there's a precedent. Again, I love the touchdowns, but he really seems to have become the WR equivalent of a goal line running back. A guy who might score a TD but nothing more. That's fine, but calling him a "stud WR" if that's all he can offer just doesn't make any sense.

Last week, he only caught two passes. Luckily, they were for touchdowns, but if not? You're talking about a crap day. He's walking on thin ice IMO. He either lacks the burst or the will to deliver more than an occasional highlight reel catch. He's on pace for 48 receptions and under 750 yards receiving (his worst year ever aside from that injury-plagued season in Oakland). Again, no real FF complaints if he keeps producing touchdowns, but man do they feel more like luck than by design of his involvement in the offense. Interesting side note: the two worst years of his career were his last in Minnesota and his last in Oakland. And this is probably his last in New England. Seems familiar.

He was flashing his deep speed in the preseason, burning guys for long TD's. I wouldnt stress on it, the yards will be there.

:thumbsup:

what bothers me more is the emergence of hernandez and gronkowski to a lesser degree and those guys taking away looks from Randy.

See if you can trade him for Austin Collie.

Email sent

I just traded away moss and hightower for jennings and moreno. Thinking I'm buying low on jennings/moreno, but we'll see...

I just traded away moss and hightower for jennings and moreno. Thinking I'm buying low on jennings/moreno, but we'll see...

Most aggravating player I have ever drafted.

Noshow Moreno :mad:

but man do they feel more like luck than by design of his involvement in the offense.

I didn't see this week's game, but Brady went deep to him a number of times against the Jets, to the point that a number of the throws were ill-advised and thrown into coverage. Also, there didn't seem to be anything accidental or lucky about his TDs on Sunday; the first was off play action where he was clearly the first option and on the second Brady was looking to him all the way.

Don't do it. You'll regret it. Be patient with Moss and plug him in every week.

Patience is the path to a 5-8 record. Make the move EDJR!

I'd consider Moss pretty much the #1 most likely WR to score a TD in any given week. Regardless of catches and yards, that by itself is worth a good bit.

Don't do it. You'll regret it. Be patient with Moss and plug him in every week.

I don't have Moss, in any of my 4 leagues.

In two full seasons with Brady under center, Moss has been (in non-PPR standard scoring) the #1 and the #2 scoring WR. Definintely the kind of guy you should panic on after a few games and trade for some Johnny-come-lately.

I remember last year after three games, when everyone was asking "WHEN IS MOSS GOING TO GET A TD?!?!?!" While I agree that TDs are far less reliable than yards, I don't see any reason to worry. Maybe you can dial him down to 1100 yards instead of 1200 because of how effective the young TEs have been, but the scores are there and more will come. Not all that worried.

I think your concern is based on sheer numbers alone without looking a bit closer at what the Pats have been doing with Randy and how the games have been unfolding---a sub-par 5-59 line for Moss during the week 1 blowout over the Bengals (which saw the Pats take a 31-3 lead very early in the third quarter and basically abandon any effort to move the ball down the field through the air in the second half---Randy was 4-50 in the first half when the Pats were still throwing)...A week 2 game where he got open against arguably the best corner in football and made the TD catch of the year so far---while he and the entire Pats offense got stymied in the second half, Brady took numerous shots down field for Randy, they just didn't connect---In week 3, his two catches were Tds and both were designed specifically to get him the ball in the endzone---he converted on both. So, after three weeks, we have an uber-talented receiver being showcased when the Pats are looking to score through the air, both from long and short range, while not catching alot of balls---If you make even the slightest leap of faith that the catches and yards will be there come the end of the year, Randy's start should have you excited for his next 13 games more than worried about what fast starting flavor of the month you can move him for---Straight cash homey :headbanger:

Buy low on Moss and Jennings....their numbers will come.

I agree on Moss.

disagree on Jennings.

why should we expect Jennings numbers to come?

he only had 68 catches and 4 TD's last year and we are watching the emergence of Jermichael Finley unfold before our eyes. Finley has as many targets as Jennings and they both trail Driver in that category.

Don't do anything stupid Monday Night Football is almost here :pointstosky:

Monday Night Football has come and gone.

Moss? 1 target, no receptions: 0 FF points.

I know all to well.

I know all to well.

Not exactly the 220/4TD performance I was hoping for. <_<

This sucks. I figured with Fitzgerald, R. White and Moss that I was stacked at WR. Notsomuch now.

:headbanger:

Let the rumors fly, Moss to Minnesota, Pro Football Talk claims.

Do I dare say,don't do anything stupid,Monday Night Football is almost here