Sign in to follow this  
DAVID RUFFIN

IMMensaMind

IMMensaMind, I'm all for seeing new blood arrive here, I also like hearing new points of view but damn dude take a breath once in awhile. You don't have to challenge every poster here that might have a different slant on topics. You cut & paste more then Posty. You come across as having a self esteem issues. I'm very intelligent, I have a perfect body etc. Anyone that feels the need to point these things out has self acceptance problems. You are trying to be the big toad in this little pond in the shortest amount of time. I've noticed a few posters have already expressed their thoughts on this matter. This is The Geek Club where everyone has opinions and they may not be in line with yours. You come across as obnoxious and condescending. I've had students display your arrogance and they sit alone at the lunch tables. All I'm saying is take it down a notch and your opinions will be considered for their merit.

IMMensaMind, I'm all for seeing new blood arrive here, I also like hearing new points of view but damn dude take a breath once in awhile. You don't have to challenge every poster here that might have a different slant on topics. You cut & paste more then Posty. You come across as having a self esteem issues. I'm very intelligent, I have a perfect body etc. Anyone that feels the need to point these things out has self acceptance problems. You are trying to be the big toad in this little pond in the shortest amount of time. I've noticed a few posters have already expressed their thoughts on this matter. This is The Geek Club where everyone has opinions and they may not be in line with yours. You come across as obnoxious and condescending. I've had students display your arrogance and they sit alone at the lunch tables. All I'm saying is take it down a notch and your opinions will be considered for their merit.

take a pill

:lol:

Ruffin, you are a pimple on the ass of the geek club. You're in no place to call anyone out.

Which is worse?

A. Acting obnoxious and condescending on a message board.

B. Actually taking the time to create a thread to "admonish" a person who is obnoxious and condescending on an internet message board. Instead of just ignoring them.

I vote for B.

Actually taking the time to create a thread to "admonish" a person who is obnoxious and condescending on an internet message board. Instead of just ignoring them.

This.

It's obvious you've been affected deeply if you would go to the trouble to dedicate a thread to someone. Send them a PM if you want to talk to them about stuff like this (assuming this can be done here). Otherwise you come across looking toolbaggerish.

:D

I've had students display your arrogance and they sit alone at the lunch tables.

Omg, you and GFIAFP should be forced to sit and eat lunch together. Mike is up in the control booth, let him run his ship the way he wants.

I hope he keeps on acting the way he does. It makes it easier to fock with him.

says the giant azzclown

I hope he keeps on acting the way he does. It makes it easier to fock with him.

Oh, this is what leftists do in every forum, Frank - you're not breaking new ground. That would require you to have innovation and a brain, and we all know that's not your thing.

To the rest: I'm positioning the typical nasty libs to have to read what is written. I'm stirring them up because they've made it impossible to do anything else. I put up opinions, and they're not simply disagreeing, they're trying to drown out dissenting opinions through force of volume and stigmatization.

Ain't havin' it. :thumbsdown:

This makes this bored more interesting; it will create more traffic. These are good things; they are fun things.

says the giant azzclown

I understand my role here. You and IMFatso seem to think this place is for serious political discourse.

Good luck with that!

Oh, this is what leftists do in every forum, Frank - you're not breaking new ground. That would require you to have innovation and a brain, and we all know that's not your thing.

To the rest: I'm positioning the typical nasty libs to have to read what is written. I'm stirring them up because they've made it impossible to do anything else. I put up opinions, and they're not simply disagreeing, they're trying to drown out dissenting opinions through force of volume and stigmatization.

Ain't havin' it. :thumbsdown:

This makes this bored more interesting; it will create more traffic. These are good things; they are fun things.

You have positioned most of the people on the bored to make fun of you.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Which is worse?

A. Acting obnoxious and condescending on a message board.

B. Actually taking the time to create a thread to "admonish" a person who is obnoxious and condescending on an internet message board. Instead of just ignoring them.

I vote for B.

I'd say C. Actually taking the time to create a thread to admonish a person who is admonishing a person who is obnoxious and condescending on an internet message bored. :banana:

Agreed but this probably didn't need its own thread. You should do what I did and just put him on ignore.

I'd say C. Actually taking the time to create a thread to admonish a person who is admonishing a person who is obnoxious and condescending on an internet message bored. :banana:

:first:

I understand my role here. You and IMFatso seem to think this place is for serious political discourse.

Good luck with that!

Oh, there is serious political discussion here, Frank - you just don't have the chops for it, and neither do the other lefties. You're like the 6 year old who gets dragged to the symphony: just waaaay out of your element.

But enjoy thinking otherwise... :thumbsup:

I'll take 'D' for douchebaggery, Alex.

Agreed but this probably didn't need its own thread. You should do what I did and just put him on ignore.

I have never been able to use that ignore feature. You put it on and you still see that the ignored user posted and I can't resist looking because most of the times these guys leave themselves wide open for a zinger. And I love zingers! :lock:

Now if they had an ignore button that removed any traces of that persons post, that would work.

Oh, there is serious political discussion here, Frank - you just don't have the chops for it, and neither do the other lefties. You're like the 6 year old who gets dragged to the symphony: just waaaay out of your element.

The discourse is similar to what goes on around a trashcan fire beneath the highway underpass...

Hm. Then, I choose D. Actually trying to appear above the fray by attempting to detachedly comment about the admonishment from a person who is trying to admonish a person who is being attacked in another thread, and accused of being condescendnig and obnoxious, who could not by definition be considered in any other way due to the frequency and ardour of the attacks directed at him.

D. Definitely D.

:banana:

We're all the same, you see....of course, some of us realize the hypocrisy in calling someone who was trying to make points despite the attempts to insult and shout down.. :lol:

I have never been able to use that ignore feature. You put it on and you still see that the ignored user posted and I can't resist looking because most of the times these guys leave themselves wide open for a zinger. And I love zingers! :lock:

Now if they had an ignore button that removed any traces of that persons post, that would work.

I agree. Before deciding to fock with the people who simply will not listen and be reasonable and polite, I tried to use the ignore feature. Massive FAIL.

So, which person on here have you had a serious political discussion with that hasn't called you a complete and utter doosh within ten posts?

That would be nobody.

:overhead:

When I open threads now all I see is:

You have chosen to put IMMensa on ignore ...

This doosh seems to have 500+ posts / day since his "return" last week.

Sort of undercuts his claims that he's intelligent, socially popular, physically attractive, or busy.

:dunno:

When I open threads now all I see is:

This doosh seems to have 500+ posts / day since his "return" last week.

Sort of undercuts his claims that he's intelligent, socially popular, physically attractive, or busy.

:dunno:

Claims? What claims? :dunno: These sound like conclusions you've drawn from information I've posted. I suppose I should thank you for the compliment, but I don't need to thank envious people. ;)

Still though, I cannot help but notice...you're still busy not ignoring me while ignoring me? Yep. My plan to manipulate you is working without a flaw.

:first:

So, which person on here have you had a serious political discussion with that hasn't called you a complete and utter doosh within ten posts?

That would be nobody.

:overhead:

Ten posts? Try two.

The point you're trying to make, Franks 'n Beans, isn't what you think it is....

I agree. Before deciding to fock with the people who simply will not listen and be reasonable and polite, I tried to use the ignore feature. Massive FAIL.

You're not really civil or polite to anyone on the left. You throw generalization insults at anyone who is on the left. Not everyone on the left has insulted you. Some just countered your point. You threw a fit when i labeled Angle a nut yet in another post you labeled Harry Reid a jackass and a clown. then you try to somehow squirm out of it and say its somehow different. You should look up recliner pilots posts. He had the same views as you and couldn't argue without using 2nd grade language. When you make a generalization that the leftists on this bored just argue with insults and the right is rational you are WRONG. Everyone argues with insults here. Its part of the culture here. If you don't like it, you should visit footballguys.com. I have been called focktard, deranged, and medstoopid for making predictions that ended up being right. If you want to argue your points fine. just realize some people are going to hurl insults at you and ask how big your wife's cans are. You need to grow some thicker skin or get out. I'm not trying to be confrontational or condescending or trying to get you to leave, just trying to let you know what this bored has evolved into. These insults have evolved in a non-partisan way and both sides sling them.

You're not really civil or polite to anyone on the left. You throw generalization insults at anyone who is on the left. Not everyone on the left has insulted you. Some just countered your point. You threw a fit when i labeled Angle a nut yet in another post you labeled Harry Reid a jackass and a clown. then you try to somehow squirm out of it and say its somehow different. You should look up recliner pilots posts. He had the same views as you and couldn't argue without using 2nd grade language. When you make a generalization that the leftists on this bored just argue with insults and the right is rational you are WRONG. Everyone argues with insults here. Its part of the culture here. If you don't like it, you should visit footballguys.com. I have been called focktard, deranged, and medstoopid for making predictions that ended up being right. If you want to argue your points fine. just realize some people are going to hurl insults at you and ask how big your wife's cans are. You need to grow some thicker skin or get out. I'm not trying to be confrontational or condescending or trying to get you to leave, just trying to let you know what this bored has evolved into. These insults have evolved in a non-partisan way and both sides sling them.

You're handle is arrogant and this post is condescending. Now, will you help me shave my balls?

You're not really civil or polite to anyone on the left. You throw generalization insults at anyone who is on the left. Not everyone on the left has insulted you.

How do I know if I'm on the left or the right?? I just want to know if I should expect insults or not.

TIA

I agree with Doctor Doosh.

You're handle is arrogant and this post is condescending. Now, will you help me shave my balls?

I am so ashamed to say I know you. :thumbsdown:

I can't help be condescending i'm an elitist. Bang on the stall next to you and see if the shoeless guy has a razor.

These retards literally salve their fragile egos by pretending to be better than everyone else with their libtard schtick.

How do I know if I'm on the left or the right?? I just want to know if I should expect insults or not.

TIA

Get your body fat checked. He won't insult you if your body fat is under 10%.

These retards literally salve their fragile egos by pretending to be better than everyone else with their libtard schtick.

I'm not pretending. I killed your leader! :banana:

Get your body fat checked. He won't insult you if your body fat is under 10%.

Under 10% :shocking: my fingernails have more body fat that that.

I can't help be condescending i'm an elitist. Bang on the stall next to you and see if the shoeless guy has a razor.

Stall? That was KSB in the horse focker video? :shocking:

You're not really civil or polite to anyone on the left. You throw generalization insults at anyone who is on the left. Not everyone on the left has insulted you.

This is incorrect. You find me a post where I insulted a leftist who did not insult me first, and then I'll retract. If you cannot, then you retract.

Some just countered your point.

There are those - and they received a counter-point. However, my challenge to you stands - or are you the type that hopes you're not called on this sort of claim? Yes: I'm goading you in to putting your money where your mouth is, and yes: I understand that will require you to wade through a number of posts. You'll have to wade through all of them, in fact. Everyone to whom I've directed insult had first insulted me, and not reverted to another mode of communication. Not one. Had they, they would not receive return fire, just as you are not now.

You threw a fit when i labeled Angle a nut yet in another post you labeled Harry Reid a jackass and a clown.

If by "threw a fit" you mean actually countered the claim by saying why she's not a nut, but simply holds positions with which you take issue. You're right.

Because I didn't "throw a fit" in the manner you're attempting to claim. I very rationally pointed out the reasonable basis upon which her positions emanate. You didn't like that, and then you launched into insults.

The problem with you pansy liberals is that you cannot take disagreement about your positions as anything but a personal attack, and once you see those - and interpret them as personal attacks, you simply launch a real personal attack. You have no sense of the difference between terse language directed at someone, and a true personal attack/ad hominem. You're hypocrite whiners.

Even this last point would never be made to you unless you had first chosen to insult and attack rather than reason out a position.

then you try to somehow squirm out of it and say its somehow different. You should look up recliner pilots posts. He had the same views as you and couldn't argue without using 2nd grade language.

...hm. I don't need to squirm out of anything here. I explained to you that calling Harry Reid a jackass and a clown - a pejorative with which no one disagrees, is different than calling someone "nuts". That pejorative is specifically levelled more at that candidate's supporters, than anyone else - as MDC proved by attempting to attach Angle's "nuts" views with anyone who would support her.

Unlike your claim about RP, I employ higher level language - because I can - you reacted to it exactly the same way. That means that it doesn't matter what the Conservatives say, or how they say it, your side will react the same way. The problem is with you, and your side. RP simply reverted to insults and quid pro quo far more quickly than I did. I went so far over the top as to breathe live into the caricature you attempt to collectively make of me, in order to make a point.

The ridiculous is illustrated by being ridiculous. It works extremely well. What's humorous about it is what exactly you think are the ridiculous aspects of how I was ridiculous. What I've told you about who I am and what I've done is utterly and completely 100% true - but that's such a large part of what you think is ridiculous! <_< The only truly ridiculous thing about my caricaturing here is the extent to which I pushed you and yours. That was on purpose.

When you make a generalization that the leftists on this bored just argue with insults and the right is rational you are WRONG.

Where have I claimed the description of rational to everyone here who posts from the "right"? You're extrapolating again, and drawing false conclusiong that you believe you can defeat argumentatively. What I said is that I was arguing rationally. I very carefully argued rationally exclusively, and all it got me was a collection of ad hominems. These people knew that they were the ones throwing the insults first, because they didn't give as an excuse, you've insulted me, so I'm insulting you back - nope. They said that I'm posting "arrogantly" and "condescendingly".

Which proves my assertion: the liberals with which I have been speaking simply cannot abide a criticism of their positions without taking it personally, and considering it an insult.

This is something that many on the right have known for a long time.

The fact is that even that observation isn't suffucient here, because I actually don't mind insults being thrown around: what I mind, is insults being thrown around first and exclusively. There is just no where to go from there - which is exactly why that tactic is employed. It prevents their position from being further exposed as flawed.

I ask you again to consider this post. You may disagree with the sentiments expressed herein; but there is no insult here. There is a statement of my opinion. Your reaction to what you read, though, is emotional, and because of that emotion - negative emotion, which is a corollary to dislike/hatred, you believe that these statements are insulting - and as such, the impulse is to fire an insult.

You can disagree, and I can disagree, but at least we're not tossing around insults. That stuff washes over me as off a duck's back. The second the rudest poster responds to a point I've made with some substance, and without using insult, they will never receive insult from me in return.

Everyone argues with insults here. Its part of the culture here. If you don't like it, you should visit footballguys.com.

No, this is a cop-out. As I've said - arguing with insults, and arguing exclusively using insults, are two different things. The latter is intellectually lazy, and useless.

I have been called focktard, deranged, and medstoopid for making predictions that ended up being right.

Sure - but how do you have a conversation with someone who only does that?

If you want to argue your points fine.

Now we're getting somewhere! :cheers:

just realize some people are going to hurl insults at you and ask how big your wife's cans are. You need to grow some thicker skin or get out. I'm not trying to be confrontational or condescending or trying to get you to leave, just trying to let you know what this bored has evolved into. These insults have evolved in a non-partisan way and both sides sling them.

Give me more credit than that - I'm sure that whatever things you've decided about me, deciding I'm stupid isn't one of them. I'm damned insightful; I make my living at that, in fact. Asking the size of my wife's cans, etc isn't to be considered the same league as some of the nasty insults about my positions which are launched to chill conversation, not spice it up.

I think you presented your case extremely rationally, and I don't mind calling you a wh0re bi0tch right now. :wub:

lol